• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Any talk of an Ant-Man 3?
They went to the trouble of recasting Cassie, and I don't think they did that just for a few brief appearances in Endgame.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
So about the Shang Chi movie, I was discussing it with my co worker today. We were in agreement about many things. They want to increase their diversity, they want to please the Chinese even more by introducing a character that comes from their nation, and lastly there is no way in hell a Chinese/Asian American gets the role of Shang Chi. And that goes for Chinese and Asians of any other country besides China itself with the 1 exception probably being Taiwan.

He's Chinese himself and his sister is an aspiring actress. She did try to audition for the role of Mulan in that upcoming movie. But obviously it went to to a mainland actress instead. And we both feel that Marvel will do no differently with this role as well. He doesn't really care all that much, but I do. It sucks to have these kind of opportunities appear for us only to eventually find out that we have no chance at landing it.

I know it's not set in stone yet but I'm pretty confident that they will cast a mainland actor in the end. I just hope they cast someone a little younger. Preferably mid to late 20's. I don't want to see Donnie Yen or Daniel Wu getting the role. Not that I don't like the(I do), but they're just too old and can't be apart of this for the long run.

I disagree on the bold ; MCU casting have been great so far, they will cast whoever is most suitable for the role. I think they will cast someone younger too, Shang Chi can't be older than early 30s, but age is not an issue , a lot of the MCU casts are not that young for their 1st movie too. I can see Donnie Yen or someone around his age as Namor .

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
So about the Shang Chi movie, I was discussing it with my co worker today. We were in agreement about many things. They want to increase their diversity, they want to please the Chinese even more by introducing a character that comes from their nation, and lastly there is no way in hell a Chinese/Asian American gets the role of Shang Chi. And that goes for Chinese and Asians of any other country besides China itself with the 1 exception probably being Taiwan.
I'm really not following your reasoning.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His reasoning seems to be marketing it too the mainline Chinese audience more than Chinese Americans. Having shang-Chi be a Chinese Americans ends up with a possible crazy rich Asians situation.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda hope they'll run with his new powers like multiplying himself. They could do some sick combos that way. And hopefully they set the movie in China. The third act in Hong Kong was beautiful, I want something similar to that as a backdrop, but with cool fights and all.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
We are getting a live-action Ghost Rider show, and a live-action Helstrom show on Hulu. Gabriel Luna seem to be on board to reprise his role from Agents of Shield. Marvel Television sure, but Gabriel Luna was a fine ass Ghost Rider on Agents of Shield.

Also here's a high-res look at Spidey's stealth suit. I think this is the one that leaked last year but in lower-res:

stealthr8jro.jpg

Last edited:
Ghost Rider Hulu series in the works
Nov 20, 2017

YES

Edit: Daimon Hellstrom is joining the MCU too

Info on the Hulu Ghost Rider show:

has learned exclusively that Luna will star in the recently announced Hulu series based on the comic book character. This will mark the second time that Luna has played Ghost Rider, previously appearing as the character in the ABC-Marvel series "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." However, sources stress that this will be a completely new iteration of the character in now way connected to the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." storyline.

Ingrid Escajeda will serve as showrunner and executive producer on "Ghost Rider," with Paul Zbyszewski also executive producing.

On Hellstrom:

Marvel's Helstrom will tell the story of a pair of siblings, Daimon and Ana Helstrom, whose father was a "mysterious and powerful serial killer," which, at least in the comics, is a bit of an understatement. There, the Helstrom children's father is Satan. The show will see the two "track down the terrorizing worst of humanity," in what one can only assume will be a fairly dark spin on the usual superhero story.

This is a downer though:

Fans of the Marvel movies will want to note that the two new shorts are being produced by Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios, which is an entirely separate division than Marvel Studios, which handles the films and the various upcoming Disney+ shows. In other words, don't expect the same level of character and storyline crossover from the films here as you would for the Disney+ series.

Basically, these won't be as integral to the MCU as the Disney+ shows are.

Last edited:

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I'll definitely tune in for Ghost Rider. Luna was great as him.

...But with the Disney+ show announcements, it's kinda hard to be excited for the Marvel Television shows.

His reasoning seems to be marketing it too the mainline Chinese audience more than Chinese Americans. Having shang-Chi be a Chinese Americans ends up with a possible crazy rich Asians situation.
I think the issue with CRA is you're trying to sell an Asian rom com to a nation that is neck deep in their own rom coms.

Completely writing off Asian-American casting for an American movie is really a leap. Especially at this early a point.

Last edited:

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

...But with the Disney+ show announcements, it's kinda hard to be excited for the Marvel Television shows.

I think the issue with CRA is you're trying to sell an Asian rom com to a nation that is neck deep in their own rom coms.

Completely writing off Asian-American casting for an American movie is really a leap. Especially at this early a point.

I'm still excited for these new shows, I don't need every show to have an expansive connection to the greater universe. The only show that feels out of place is shield by its very nature.

Honestly that by be Marvel or Disney's reasoning. The Nation already has it's own martial arts films as well, so casting a main land actor makes a bit of sense.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
We expecting any of the movies after FFH to be team-ups?
Feel like it's probably a safe bet that a lot of 'solo' movies for established characters will be team-ups, like Ragnarok or Winter Soldier or Homecoming. I definitely expect more than one hero for Strange 2 and Black Widow. Maybe Panther 2 doesn't need it, partly because there are already so many characters in Wakanda and partly because it doesn't need the boost lol

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I love these behind the scenes moments:

Lizzie also filmed something similar to what Pratt did.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
KYVfwAX.png

still looking for clean versions of the novel logos here, because it's hard to try and take them from blurry, tiny jpgs.

Zerojul

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France

Agreed.
My only problem with it being Marvel Television is that chances of Ghost Rider (Robbie) and Hellstrom coming to the big screen are now very slim. The shows have every chance to be good and that's what matters, though.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I saw your post in the SHIELD thread about how they just might not reference SHIELD and skip over his origin, so he'd still be the same version... if that's the case, then ok, I guess. But if it's a totally new character, what's the fucking point?
Yeah, I think there's just some confusion over reporting.

Them rebooting the character is just unnecessarily going to confuse people.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Yeah, right now I'm slightly worried, but let's see how it all unfolds.
Yeah, I think there's just some confusion over reporting.

Them rebooting the character is just unnecessarily going to confuse people.
Saw this in the story thread about it

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/01/hulu-ghost-rider-helstrom-series/

Marvel fans will know Gabriel Luna plays Robbie on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,and EW has confirmed Luna will also star in Ghost Rider, which will also be executive produced by S.H.I.E.L.D. EPs Paul Zbyszewski and Jeph Loeb. According to Hulu, this isn't a traditional spin-off of S.H.I.E.L.D. but will focus on the "same character with [a] new story that lives unto its own."

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this in the story thread about it

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/01/hulu-ghost-rider-helstrom-series/

Marvel fans will know Gabriel Luna plays Robbie on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,and EW has confirmed Luna will also star in Ghost Rider, which will also be executive produced by S.H.I.E.L.D. EPs Paul Zbyszewski and Jeph Loeb. According to Hulu, this isn't a traditional spin-off of S.H.I.E.L.D. but will focus on the "same character with [a] new story that lives unto its own."
Yeah, it basically confirms what we've been speculating. That it'll be the same incarnation of the character, but focus on its own story, and be more standalone than a spin-off of AoS.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017

There are rumours that it could be released online early next week, however, no date has been officially announced by the studio and anything floating around is subject to change. In any case, a new trailer (or even two – U.S. and international, par for the course for Sony – like with the debut look in January) is ready to go and we expect it to hit cinemas likely in time for Detective Pikachu next week.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson singing praises on the MCU:

Tell me why we haven't gotten a Season 3 of Agent Carter:

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I was watching the Far From Home trailer again and noticed when Fury says, "Nice to finally meet you... Spider-Man". We don't see him say that. It's a VO from behind. Clever way of hiding the fact he's probably saying, "Nice to meet you again... Spider-Man". Peter's reaction is a still a bit odd, as if he's meeting Fury for the first time, but if you think about it, it could just be the shock of seeing someone so important in your bathroom randomly showing up.

Last edited:

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
Amy Pascal is leaving Sony for Universal.

Just a headline right now, but I wonder what this might change for the future of Spidey and the MCU.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amy-pascal-exits-sony-universal-deal-1206536

Deadline's article says she's going to continue working on future Spider-Man projects.
https://t.co/RGtsFxrhT8?amp=1

Upcoming is Spider-Man: Far From Home (...)Pascal will continue to produce the sequels and is partnered with Phil Lord & Chris Miller on the Spider-Verse universe spinoff for TV, and an arsenal of projects she either acquired directly with Sony money or her discretionary fund.

Last edited:

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
I don't think that's a significant detail. It's trivia of the kind that might help you in a game of Kevin Bacon, but that's about the limit.
I agree, I don't think it's a spoiler, but just wanted to be respectful cause Zero said something.
While I'm personally not affected by the spoiler (though I haven't seen the movie, I'm not the type of person that cares one way or the other about "spoilers"), I am just following the spoiler guidelines in the OP (which at this point is the only thing in the OP):
Spoiler Policy
  1. Use spoiler tags for text or pictures containing story information not found in official marketing materials for unreleased movies or TV shows.
  2. Properly label links to pictures, videos, social media posts, and news articles containing story information not found in official marketing materials for unreleased movies and TV shows.
  3. Use spoiler tags when discussing or posting images from newly released movies and TV shows for one week after release.
  4. Properly label links to pictures, videos, social media posts, and news articles containing story information for newly released movies and TV shows for one week after release.
  5. Do not use spoiler tags for casting announcements, unsubstantiated rumors and speculation, nonspecific impressions of released movies and TV shows, or your meaningless headcanon.
Given that the movie released 24-26th around the world, we're still within the period of using spoiler tags.

It wasn't a huge spoiler, or even one at all depending on how you describe spoilers, but as it stands it was out of place in this thread, at this time, without a spoiler tag.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
The OP should indeed be a little bit more informative.

At least add Zero-ELECs list of MCU content.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
It wasn't a huge spoiler, or even one at all depending on how you describe spoilers, but as it stands it was out of place in this thread, at this time, without a spoiler tag.

I'd say it's tantamount to a casting announcement. As the two characters in question are in the cast list of Endgame, the possibility that they may have met during the events is within the realm of speculation. The trailer for Far from Home shows them meeting and there is further speculation. None of this is based on leaks, it's just fans exercising their imagination.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I disagree on the bold ; MCU casting have been great so far, they will cast whoever is most suitable for the role. I think they will cast someone younger too, Shang Chi can't be older than early 30s, but age is not an issue , a lot of the MCU casts are not that young for their 1st movie too. I can see Donnie Yen or someone around his age as Namor .

I went back and tried to find more info about the Shang Chi movie and I can't believe I missed this the first time. Feige specifically says that he's a Asian American. That makes me a little more hopeful for the local guys who are trying so hard to land good roles.

Although he's not American (he's Canadian), my early front runner is Ludi Lin who was in the Power Rangers movie. He's Chinese and can speak it, kind of tall, handsome, keeps himself in great shape, and is young enough to play the role for a long while. I found him pretty charismatic in the Power Rangers movie and think he could make the character more likeable to the general audience outside of the fight scenes.

We'll see who they go with though.

Last edited:

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Just rewatched Ultron and was thinking if the Russo fixed Cap and Stark, Taiki Waititi fixed Banner.

Oct 31, 2017

Donnie Yen is 55 years old. Namor needs to be someone in their 30s, early 40s.

Time to get those hulk rights back

Only way those get reverted to Marvel is if Disney buy Hulu's equity from Comcast and they throw those Marvel rights as a bonus like a used car salesman. They are pretty meaningless and worthless to both companies, to be honest.

Just rewatched Ultron and was thinking if the Russo fixed Cap and Stark, Taiki Waititi fixed Banner.

Taika also definitely fixed Thor.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I'm not an comic book expert but if the Infinity Saga is warped up, how important is Adam Warlock now? Isn't his character tied to the soul stone?

Status
Not open for further replies.