• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Hmm I'm not an comic book expert but if the Infinity Saga is warped up, how important is Adam Warlock now? Isn't his character tied to the soul stone?

He is. But Marvel will likely go in their own direction now his window to Thanos is closed. Which is good, as those adaptions can refresh a character. Like what they did with Nebula, she's very distinct from her comic self.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I'm not an comic book expert but if the Infinity Saga is warped up, how important is Adam Warlock now? Isn't his character tied to the soul stone?

Hasn't been tied to it since the 90s. They can do whatever they want with him, same as any comic writer. His involvement with the Guardians was as a member and ally, so I expect that to be the case in the movies.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
s1kdk3s.jpg

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The interesting part with the events of Endgame:
With Endgame having pushed the timeline ahead 5 years, Adam Warlock will have been incubating or born for 7-9 years already. (Seeing that GotG Vol 2 took place months after Vol 1 in 2014 and factor the 4 year gap between 2014 and IW in 2018).

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
The interesting part with the events of Endgame:
With Endgame having pushed the timeline ahead 5 years, Adam Warlock will have been incubating or born for 7-9 years already. (Seeing that GotG Vol 2 took place months after Vol 1 in 2014 and factor the 4 year gap between 2014 and IW in 2018).

Yep Marvel made a bold decision with keeping the 5 years. It can lead to some interesting character's popping up. Not Miles tho keep him away for like 2-3 more Spidey movies lol

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Thanks for sharing man. I love the Russos and Markus and McFeely talking about their movies after they've been released. It's always so satisfying listening to how well they thought everything through.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
Nice interview with Kevin Feige, Joe and the writers. Spoilers in the interview.

I just noticed. Hey look. Still all guys. But they seem to be trying to move forward on that. Can we hope that's going to happen? Because in 35 years one thing I've noticed is that the incipient revolution never happens. And now I'm reduced to caring about pop culture nonsense because real life is such a shit show.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned today that Josh Brolin also voiced Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy 1. So I wasn't crazy for thinking he sounded exactly like him lol. Guess it was just in The Avengers credits scene that Damion Poitier played him. I also just realized that it's Glenn Close playing the Nova Prime leader.

GotG1 continues to surprise and delight me, every single year. It's definitely my favorite MCU movie at this point.

[edit] I must have known about this when going through the cast list back in 2014, but just forgotten about it.

Anyway, I've also seen 'Fighting With My Family' and Florence Pugh was really great in it. I saw screen presence, range and she can kick some serious ass. So I'm really hoping she'll turn out to be Yelena in next year's Black Widow, to somehow working with the Avengers.

Last edited:

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I actually rewatched GOTG a few weeks ago on a whim. It really does hold up great.

One neat little character detail I never noticed before - when young Peter is in the waiting room, he has a black eye, because some of the other kids killed a frog and he tried to stop them. But then it smash cuts to the opening sequence, where he's dancing around, kicking those little critters, using them as microphones, generally beating them around. Sort of illustrates the influence the Ravagers had on him - a more "heroic" lead would have kept that soft spot toward animals, but Peter just sort of grew up to be a dick.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned today that Josh Brolin also voiced Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy 1. So I wasn't crazy for thinking he sounded exactly like him lol. Guess it was just in The Avengers credits scene that Damion Poitier played him. I also just realized that it's Glenn Close playing the Nova Prime leader.

GotG1 continues to surprise and delight me, every single year. It's definitely my favorite MCU movie at this point.

[edit] I must have known about this when going through the cast list back in 2014, but just forgotten about it.

Anyway, I've also seen 'Fighting With My Family' and Florence Pugh was really great in it. I saw screen presence, range and she can kick some serious ass. So I'm really hoping she'll turn out to be Yelena in next year's Black Widow, to somehow working with the Avengers.
Have you seen Lady Macbeth? She was excellent in that

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the trailer for the new season of SHIELD, and, did Quake have work done on her face or something? She looks...very different.

Also, lol I just realized SHIELD's version of time travel is different than Endgame's. Salt in the wound.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I think Chris Evans will start posting set videos from Endgame next week, since the Russos "Monday spoiler ban is lifted."

There's also a current rumor that the Blu-ray for Captain Marvel could include 26 minutes of deleted footage. Not sure how reliable that rumor is though.

Oh, and apparently Disney trademarked Glyph recently, who could be getting a solo series alongside Ghost Rider and Helstrom on Hulu. Disney also made a bunch of Shang-Chi trademarks.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I think Chris Evans will start posting set videos from Endgame next week, since the Russos "Monday spoiler ban is lifted."

There's also a current rumor that the Blu-ray for Captain Marvel could include 26 minutes of deleted footage. Not sure how reliable that rumor is though.

Oh, and apparently Disney trademarked Glyph recently, who could be getting a solo series alongside Ghost Rider and Helstrom on Hulu. Disney also made a bunch of Shang-Chi trademarks.

Any word on when CM is coming to digital?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I've recently been thinking of Patrick Page (Hades in Hadestown, Norman Osborn/Green Goblin in Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark) joining the MCU. Would he be a better Magneto or Silvermane?

Status
Not open for further replies.