• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
nm, dumb tangent, Mana gonna Mana

the AoS showrunners said outright that they didn't know what would happen in Endgame when S6 was in production; if folks want to believe otherwise, so be it

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen the first episode of Season 6. There's something in there that makes more sense after Endgame and what FFH apparently deals with.
Are they setting up Alt universes? That newest AoS trailer makes it seem like it.

Endgame pretty much did, but I feel like they didn't do the best job spelling it out. The scene with Tilda did the best job it could, but it still wasn't perfect.

Edit: my bad, don't know if that was worthy of a spoiler tag or not.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
Peter's love and admiration is like a target on your back. Happy better be sleeping with the lights on.
That's about right for Peter Parker's life. Anyone he's ever known and loved ends up either a supervillain, a target of a supervillain or a victim of a random ill (sickness, accident, etc).
Seems like FFH is going to lay some things out that will be a big part of the next phase. And stuff in AoS S6 makes more sense now.
🤔
Of the TV shows, Agents of SHIELD seems to be the most tied to the MCU in terms of what's going on (outside of Marvel Studios' upcoming Disney+ shows).

Speaking of, I need to catch up on Season 5 after finals.
It used to be more involved but with Marvel Studios (rightfully) splitting off from Marvel Entertainment proper, it kinda left AoS a bit high and dry. They still try, but it's never as concrete as it once was.

You really should catch up, tho. One of the better MCU shows.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
holy shit that far from home rumor
Please tell me it's a Miles Morales appearance.

Edit: I found this article with a quote from our very own ManaByte apparently.
With that in mind, we turn to this new rumor relayed by Jeremy Conrad. Apparently, in the upcoming Far From Home, there may be a scene where Nick Fury introduces Mysterio to Peter Parker, and says that Jake Gyllenhaal's character is from a different Earth – i.e. an Earth from an alternate reality.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/spiderman-home-reveal-avengers-endgame-opened-mcu/

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Thanos-creator Jim Starlin has said in an interview with DiscussingFilm, that Kronos is supposed to be in The Eternals, although it's third-hand information so it could be nothing. It makes sense though if they're gonna dive into the mythology and history.

Starlin: I think Kronos is supposed to be in The Eternals, when they make that one, I've heard, it's third hand, so take that with a grain of salt.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
"What the comics did was, they brought with Doctor Strange an extra dimension into psychadelia, mysticism, and spirituality and all these very 60's things and broke open the Marvel comic book universe into the Marvel multiverse. I think 'Doctor Strange' is going to be the beginning of the Marvel Cinematic Multiverse. It's really serving the same function that the comic did."

https://movieweb.com/doctor-strange-marvel-movie-multiverse-mcu/

idk, I take Kevin Feige over the dude who said that Avengers Annihilation is going to be a thing.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I find it a little bit hard to believe that a Spider-Man movie is really that essential to setting up the post-Endgame MCU, and
it's not like it would be wildly out of character for MCU Mysterio to make up some fake backstory about being from a parallel universe
, but hey, I haven't seen the trailer yet or read the post-Endgame interviews with the FFH cast and crew that will no doubt be coming out around the same time, so we'll see soon enough.

Anthony Mackie Post Endgame Interview

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Anthony talks about a nice "passing of the torch" moment him and Chris Evans had at his house:

I'm pretty excited at the thought of lots of 'Falcon with the shield' action in the show.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
People were saying in the leadup to Endgame that there was supposedly a super secret cgi scene filmed with Doctor Strange meeting Kronos or someone. Maybe that was the tidal wave scene lol

I'm pretty excited at the thought of lots of 'Falcon with the shield' action in the show.
I hope we get to see that in the show, and its not set in an earlier time period or something. I still prefer Bucky with the shield, just as a comicbook fan, but its a win either way.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
I've been going through the MCU movies from the start, properly, for the first time ever.

So far, my impressions are just "meh" of what I've seen. I've watched all everything from Iron Man 1 to Winter Soldier so far.

Winter Soldier is a near masterpiece, Iron Man 1 and Avengers are great too, but the rest was a mixed pile of mediocrity so far. Hopefully that changes.

1) Winter Soldier
2) The Avengers
3) Iron Man 1

- huge gap in quality -

4) The First Avenger
5) Iron Man 3
6) Iron Man 2
7) Hulk
8) Thor The Dark World
9) Thor

However, I don't get why people make fun of Thor 2. It's no more or less mediocre that something like Iron Man 2 or Hulk.

edit: Putting TFA below the line might just me my bias, because I never like the WW2/ 50's Industrial America asthetic in media, but still.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get to see that in the show, and its not set in an earlier time period or something. I still prefer Bucky with the shield, just as a comicbook fan, but its a win either way.
I think what they are going for is a "life after Captain America" chapter with this, something Anthony also mentioned.

Btw, Brie can sing:

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I've been going through the MCU movies from the start, properly, for the first time ever.

So far, my impressions are just "meh" of what I've seen. I've watched all everything from Iron Man 1 to Winter Soldier so far.

Winter Soldier is a near masterpiece, Iron Man 1 and Avengers are great too, but the rest was a mixed pile of mediocrity so far. Hopefully that changes.

1) Winter Soldier
2) The Avengers
3) Iron Man 1

- huge gap in quality -

4) The First Avenger
5) Iron Man 3
6) Iron Man 2
7) Hulk
8) Thor The Dark World
9) Thor

However, I don't get why people make fun of Thor 2. It's no more or less mediocre that something like Iron Man 2 or Hulk.

edit: Putting TFA below the line might just me my bias, because I never like the WW2/ 50's Industrial America asthetic in media, but still.
Phase 3 is an astronomical boost in quality

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
Best moment in cinema.
It really is epic. I hope Marvel/Disney posts the full scene in HD quality on YouTube. I think it would be a perfect marketing move to drive up ticket sales even further. The ones who care about not being spoiled has already seen the movie, so it would get others to to cinema, black panther fans, spider-man fans, etc. And it could help drive up blu ray/digital sales. Maybe 1 month after release would be the perfect time for Disney to post an official version online.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Have you seen Guardians? That level of heart and craftmanship is what I found to be indicative of Phase 3's quality. Plus, the Russo Brothers (directors of TWS) direct 3 movies in phase 3, so...
I'm going to watch Guardians today, looking forward to it after hearing so much praise for it.

I've also watched Civil War in theatre when it came out (friends dragged me to it), I remember really liking it, but didn't know much of the backstory so I didn't really get the full experience. Looking forward to that rewatch as well. And of course, the Infinity War/Endgame saga.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Iron Man 1, Iron Man 3, Winter Soldier, and AoU (specifically on a rewatch, I weirdly didn't like AoU that much the first time) are really the only movies in the first two phases I'd say are great. There's only one or two movies in phase 3 that I don't think are great. Phase 3 is such a massive step up.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching The Winter Soldier again, and now I wonder why people were trying to figure out Steve's age at the end of Endgame, when Steve says here that he is 95, should be going on 96 since Zola says he was born in 1918.

We also don't know the date Peggy and Howard founded Shield right? Since World War II ended on March 5 1943 September 2 1945, and Project Paperclip was said to have been started by Shield on August 14 1945, I take it they founded Shield somewhere in-between? I can't remember when the Agent Carter show took place.

[edit: this one's explained in the post below.]
Another thing. Alexander Pierce tells Bucky he have helped them (Hydra) shape history for a decade [edit: he said "you shaped the century"] Either that's a lie (since he's been feeding him multiple lies during this conversation), or he has been doing 10 years worth of assassination hits while being frozen down multiple times (scientist says he can't be out of cryostasis for too long) during the last 70 years. Since TWS takes place in 2014, and he did those Stark hits in 1991.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
No, he didn't. The line is "You shaped the century."
Oh lol, yeah that's right. Dunno why I thought of a decade when he mentioned century. Thanks for the correction.

By the way, all of Tom Holland, Zendaya, Jake Gyllenhaal, Cobie Smulders and Jacob Batalon are on Jimmy Kimmel on Thursday. I'm thinking a possible trailer that day.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to watch Guardians today, looking forward to it after hearing so much praise for it.

I've also watched Civil War in theatre when it came out (friends dragged me to it), I remember really liking it, but didn't know much of the backstory so I didn't really get the full experience. Looking forward to that rewatch as well. And of course, the Infinity War/Endgame saga.
I learned recently that Civil War was more divisive than I remember, but it is easily one of my personal favourite MCU movies - top 3. I think it is definitely a lot more impactful knowing what leads to the division in the movie. Like they do with Endgame later on, the Russos do a really good job of rewarding longtime fans in CW.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017

First GOTG movie is amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah, it's not like he's arguably the most popular superhero on the planet or anything. What are they thinking.

he's more of a street-level character in his own corner, is all I'm saying. Even with FFH's international setting, I still wouldn't expect it to do that much to set up the next half-dozen movies in the franchise, as opposed to the next Spider-Man film.

But Marvel Studios doesn't always do what people expect, so we'll see soon enough

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It's not that it's Spidey, it's more that it's the first movie post endgame. It's going to setup whatever happens next because I assume something that happened in Endgame changes what they can do in the movies, and Spidey will be the first to get to play with these new rules.

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
People were saying in the leadup to Endgame that there was supposedly a super secret cgi scene filmed with Doctor Strange meeting Kronos or someone. Maybe that was the tidal wave scene lol
I think that was a Manabyte teased rumour... So yeah. As likely as Marvel changed Endgame's name because of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.