• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Chris Evans showed up unannounced at his 20th high school reunion and some of the reactions to his classmates' pics on Facebook are pretty amusing

yb7lJ1z.jpg

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Fandango has an interview with Jon Watts about Far From Home:

Fandango: How far after the events of Avengers: Endgame does this film pick up? What is the New York that we're introduced to in this movie? What does Queens look like, post-Endgame?

Jon Watts: We don't say specifically how far after, but the idea is that it's almost immediately after the events of Endgame. So we get to see the neighborhood from the first movie dealing with the implications of all of the crazy fallout of Endgame. And, you know, in classic New York style, everyone is just moving on and getting on with their daily lives. Ya know, half the people that disappeared are now back, so let's move on. [laughs]

Fandango: Five years have passed and Peter's friends are all still the same age. Will there be characters who we met in Homecoming who appear in Far From Home having aged those five years?

Jon Watts: Yeah, that's one of the fun things that we get to play with -- the sort of real-world, ground-level implications of something like that. You don't get to see any of the fallout in Endgame, and we get to explore that in our movie. It's really interesting and fun.

Fandango: Or what would the lines at the DMV even look like? Renewing your license or updating your passport? Are these things addressed in the film?

Jon Watts: Yeah, that was one of the most fun things -- just talking through what the most mundane implications would be. Like, your birthday on your driver's license or passport would say that you are five years older than you technically are. Those sorts of questions are just so fascinating to me, and I really wanted to get into the minutiae of it and really explore that.

There's a bunch of interesting questions and answers in there, so just check out the whole thing.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I thought they confirmed Michael Keaton a while ago?
Nah. Those reports were because Michael Keaton appeared on the iMDB cast list I'm pretty sure. Oh and, a Deadline report said last year that they would return. Jon Watts could be misguiding us, but as it stands, all he has said is that he won't appear. Neither will Laura.

Last edited:

Oldest_Snake

Oct 29, 2017
Re: Aunt May from that article.

She didn't get snapped huh? That's a bit of a disappointing. Would have been nice to see that explored in the movie.

Is there anyone in Peter's immediate circle who wasn't snapped?

Post Endgame interview with Joe Russo about the characters

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice interview with Joe Russo at his restaurant:

He explains the time travel rules if you don't understand them, he talks about the Howard the Duck cameo and how it came to be, the last scene they shot with RDJ, the whole funeral sequence etc. Long interview with lots of stuff.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Avatar got delayed for December 2021. Chances The Eternals takes its December 2020 slot?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I'm guessing we are getting a new Spiderman film for the July 2022 date.
Not sure if the Feb 2021 or 2022 date will be for Black Panther, based on the release date of the first film.

Wild card, but I can see them doing Deadpool 3 in a February slot since it did well for the first film.

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would test a MCU film in that December slot just for fun

but with star wars and avatar that doesn't seem like it will happen any time soon...

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Those Marvel dates don't include Spiderman since that's still Sony. So we're going to get a couple of years where we have 4 MCU movies in the calendar.

The Singerverse is dead. Bury it.
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Crosspost from the New Mutants thread:

to the surprise of absolutely no one:

I'd seen some speculation here and there that Marvel Studios might fast-track a movie for one of those Fox/Marvel dates, but that doesn't appear to be happening.

Interesting that they're not dating any Marvel Studios films beyond 2022 just yet, not that that means much of anything.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I thought we already knew about the 2022-releases, but apparently not.

5/1/2020: Black Widow
11/6/2020: Eternals
2/12/2021: Shang-Chi
5/7/2021: Doctor Strange 2
11/5/2021:
2/18/2022: Black Panther 2
5/6/2022: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
7/29/2022:

I could see something like this happening. Dunno where to place Captain Marvel 2 and Ant-Man 3. I'm kind of thinking they will go with Drew Goddard's and Ryan's idea for the next Deadpool (or X-Force) and maybe tweak it a little to make it more interconnected with the MCU. Could see it as a 2021 release, or maybe 2022 is more realistic, but I feel like a Deadpool is easier to fast-track than a visual spectacle that is Ant-Man or Captain Marvel. Ryan's probably filming 'Free Guy' this Fall, and then he only got 'Clue' on his schedule to film next year.

Just bring us a slate-reveal already Marvel.

[edit] I'm pretty sure we knew about those 2022 dates since July of last year?

Last edited:

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Liefeld, minutes ago:

I still insist that this isn't the full slate, and that something is coming for Deadpool sooner rather than later. We have two MCU films slated for 2020. Maybe Deadpool 3 could slip on some of those dates? Both two films were fairly fast productions, filmed from one year to the next.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Liefeld, minutes ago:

I still insist that this isn't the full slate, and that something is coming for Deadpool sooner rather than later. We have two MCU films slated for 2020. Maybe Deadpool 3 could slip on some of those dates? Both two films were fairly fast productions, filmed from one year to the next.

Hmm, not impossible. I think Iger might have implied there would be Disney/Deadpool news sooner rather than later.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the schedule right now is basically based off how much free time Kevin Feige has. Think about the release schedule for 2021 right now:

- 3 MCU movies
- Spider-Man 3?
- Disney+ stuff

that's fucking crazy. there's only so much time in the day. they could obviously take one of those Untitled Fox Marvel dates and change it into "Deadpool MCU" but at a certain point the guy in charge is gonna lose his mind.

I think 3 a year with Disney+ stuff is fine.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Liefeld, minutes ago:

LOL he was shown the door as soon as the Fox purchase completed.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I thought we already knew about the 2022-releases, but apparently not.

5/1/2020: Black Widow
11/6/2020: Eternals
2/12/2021: Shang-Chi
5/7/2021:
11/5/2021: Doctor Strange 2
2/18/2022: Black Panther 2
5/6/2022: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
7/29/2022:

I could see something like this happening. Dunno where to place Captain Marvel 2 and Ant-Man 3. I'm kind of thinking they will go with Drew Goddard's and Ryan's idea for the next Deadpool (or X-Force) and maybe tweak it a little to make it more interconnected with the MCU. Could see it as a 2021 release, or maybe 2022 is more realistic, but I feel like a Deadpool is easier to fast-track than a visual spectacle that is Ant-Man or Captain Marvel. Ryan's probably filming 'Free Guy' this Fall, and then he only got 'Clue' on his schedule to film next year.

Just bring us a slate-reveal already Marvel.

[edit] I'm pretty sure we knew about those 2022 dates since July of last year?
I think I heard Dr. Strange 2 is in the may 2021 slot?

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
as I mentioned in the other thread. I think its funny that Strange will be going back to fight villains more powerful than Thanos lol. like Dormannu and Nightmare (who is supposed to be the antagonist in DS 2)

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Nine years since Iron Man 2 today. Wasn't the best movie but I was so hyped for it and it's fun to watch.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Jake Gyllenhaal talking a little about his role in Spider-man on Ellen today:

Very short but apparently an extended clip of the trailer scene with Nicky Fury was shown.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Rumor: Development on 'Nova' Has Begun
nova-marvel-top-1024x576.png

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is going very cosmic after the success of Guardians of the Galaxy, Infinity War, Endgame, and Captain Marvel. Next year's The Eternals is just the beginning, and Cosmic Marvel characters fans have wanted to see on the big screen are well on their way. This next one will make some people very happy.

According to a source that has been 100% in the past, such as telling me in Octoberwho Katherine Langford was in Avengers: Endgame, development on a Nova film has begun. There's no word how far into development it is, so it could still be years away, but it's apparently now underway.

It shouldn't be surprising that it's happening, as last year during the Infinity War press tour Kevin Feige told ComicBook.com about the character, "Nova is… if we have a big board with a bunch of characters that have more immediate potential, Nova is on that board. Because of the connection to the Guardians universe, because there are more than one examples to pull from in the comics that are interesting. And you're absolutely right, he was in the earliest drafts of the [Guardians of the Galaxy]."

Now the big question is which Nova will it be? Marvel Studios went with Carol Danvers for the MCU Captain Marvel, and Richard Rider is the fan favorite choice for Nova. On the other hand with so many young heroes set to be introduced, Sam Alexander will also fit in well but isn't quite as popular with fans. Perhaps both could show up in the MCU in some way? Do Richard in the movies like Carol Danvers, and then Sam in a Disney+ thing? We'll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.