• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ma Dong-seok joins Eternals

luca

Oct 25, 2017

I'm holding out hope for some South-East Asian representation soon from Marvel Studios, but it all seems to be East-Asian so far, with Shang-Chi and Eternals. Happy for the East-Asians though, and Chloe Zhao, Kumail Nanjiani and even a gay-lead is a very good start for representation in general. Very excited about Eternals.

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder, when Feige, et al. talk about the next five-year plan, does that include FFH? Wondering if this phase 4 (or whatever) kicks off with Black Widow and stretches into 2024 or is technically starting this year.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I wonder, when Feige, et al. talk about the next five-year plan, does that include FFH? Wondering if this phase 4 (or whatever) kicks off with Black Widow and stretches into 2024 or is technically starting this year.

Your comment would be easier to understand if you used the words for FFH, instead of writing FFH which means I have to ask you what FFH actually means.

To summarise, please don't use obscure abbreviations. People reading your words may want to understand what you're saying. If you find that notion frightening that's okay, but please stick around and listen.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Feige has said that the first three phases, the Infinity Saga, end with Endgame. Far From Home is the start of phase four -- although I should note that contrary to clickbait reporting, Feige has not actually used that term publicly to refer to the next set of films.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Seeing that they are ramping up casting on The Eternals, I wonder if we get an Eternals end credit scene with Jolie or something.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing that they are ramping up casting on The Eternals, I wonder if we get an Eternals end credit scene with Jolie or something.
They've been casting Sprite and Karen separately from the rest of the Eternals cast. So it was presumed they wanted to film a credits scene for either Endgame or FFH.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Your comment would be easier to understand if you used the words for FFH, instead of writing FFH which means I have to ask you what FFH actually means.

To summarise, please don't use obscure abbreviations. People reading your words may want to understand what you're saying. If you find that notion frightening that's okay, but please stick around and listen.
This is the second time I see you asking people to stop using abbreviations, and the first time you addressed Yasuke but I kept my mouth shut, but I don't think it's really fair to ask everybody to type out the full titles every time for you.

I've been here from the start and it's never been a problem. Hell, in the Star Wars OT community and other communities they use abbreviations.

If you don't know what they mean you could Google it and figure it out from a list of MCU film releases that has all the titles listed.

Oooh! Even more to hyped for then hopefully!
Just to make it clear, I have no idea what the credits scenes in Endgame are, or else I would spoiler tag it or not mention it at all. I just read that they could be planning that, but it's far from a sure thing. I for one would think it's pretty cool if Endgame had no credits scenes at all since Marvel are playing it up as an "ending."

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Because if people want to use abbreviations, that's their game. It's an MCU community where the large part knows the littlest of details, and highly likely the abbreviations too. If I didn't know what he was talking about, either just ask whenever, or look it up. And they're not obscure. Nobody's asked about abbreviations for hundreds of pages, but I understand it's a challenge for you, so here's reference for you moving forward:

IM = Iron-Man
TIH = The Incredible Hulk
IM2 = Iron-Man 2
TH = Thor
TFA = Captain America: The First Avenger
A1 = The Avengers

IM3 = Iron-Man 3
TDW = Thor: The Dark World
TWS = Captain America: The Winter Soldier
GotG = Guardians of the Galaxy
AoU = Avengers: Age of Ultron
AM = Ant-Man

CW = Captain America: Civil War
DS = Doctor Strange
GotG2 = Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
SMH/HC = Spider-Man: Homecoming
TR = Thor: Ragnarok
BP = Black Panther
IW = Avengers: Infinity War
AMatW = Ant-Man and the Wasp
CM = Captain Marvel
AE = Avengers: Endgame
FFH = Spider-Man: Far From Home

I don't think I've ever seen anyone use abbreviations for Thor 1 or Ragnarok but you get the gist of it. Hope it can help you a little with the abbreviations. :)

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
You can easily figure out what Bladders abbreviation means based on context. I get it for non English speakers but just ask don't demand everyone stop abbreviating.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
abbreviations are the fucking worst

i cant tell them a part most of the time

ugh

ban them

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently there's gifs out there from those leaked scenes. Obviously, but they're there. I'm being super extra careful for the next week. I've never been this careful about spoilers for a movie before.

Just finished rewatching Infinity War again, feels so good. Really enjoyed it this time. I'm watching it occasionally so eh.

Also just finished my rewatch of Doctor Strange which I started the other day. The third act in Hong Kong is still one of the best moments in the MCU to me. And up till then it was quite the visual feast. Although I didn't like when Kaecillius would make the ground move and it didn't affect the characters standing on it. Ancient One has one sick fighting style by the way.

Also when Doctor Strange is in the Dark Dimension and he comes to bargain with Dormammu. How can he rewind time if he's killed by him? Have he just made a time loop which will automatically loop back to the beginning whenever he dies? That's my impression.

"The bill comes due." - Mordo.

There's a consequence to breaking the Natural Law by playing with time and affecting the real world. I wonder if they're gonna explore those consequences in the sequels, or if Doctor Strange turning to dust in Infinity War was part of that consequence. The snap is totally random though, so the consequences might come into play in the sequels.

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

The abbreviations are for brevity. No doubt anyone who doesn't know FFH = Far From Home already probably also doesn't know the answer to my question :P

We're in a Marvel thread, I'm sure everyone here knows FFH meant Far From Home. You keep doing you, Bladder.
You can easily figure out what Bladders abbreviation means based on context. I get it for non English speakers but just ask don't demand everyone stop abbreviating.
I'm nobody's bladder!

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Apparently there's gifs out there from those leaked scenes. Obviously, but they're there. I'm being super extra careful for the next week. I've never been this careful about spoilers for a movie before.

Just finished rewatching Infinity War again, feels so good. Really enjoyed it this time. I'm watching it occasionally so eh.

Also just finished my rewatch of Doctor Strange which I started the other day. The third act in Hong Kong is still one of the best moments in the MCU to me. And up till then it was quite the visual feast. Although I didn't like when Kaecillius would make the ground move and it didn't affect the characters standing on it. Ancient One has one sick fighting style by the way.

Also when Doctor Strange is in the Dark Dimension and he comes to bargain with Dormammu. How can he rewind time if he's killed by him? Have he just made a time loop which will automatically loop back to the beginning whenever he dies? That's my impression.

"The bill comes due." - Mordo.

There's a consequence to breaking the Natural Law by playing with time and affecting the real world. I wonder if they're gonna explore those consequences in the sequels, or if Doctor Strange turning to dust in Infinity War was part of that consequence. The snap is totally random though, so the consequences might come into play in the sequels.

Speaking of Doctor Strange - Scott Derrickson reposted this: https://www.slashfilm.com/doctor-strange-revisited-road-to-endgame/

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
People who say Strange wasn't cool until Infinity War are stupid. He tortured a world-eating god into submission in his first fucking solo movie. It's the single greatest feat of any Avenger.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
People who say Strange wasn't cool until Infinity War are stupid. He tortured a world-eating god into submission in his first fucking solo movie. It's the single greatest feat of any Avenger.

That scene was badass. The rest of the movie wasn't as good as this. But you have to respect someone who goes up against an eldrich horror, and wins.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious about how many movies Disney will think can be viable per year and how that splits between xmen, avengers etc

Eg could they go quiet on avengers solo movies for a while and focus on xmen/FF and then come back to them, or will they run them all in parallel?

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Irony; discussing the use of abbreviations for two pages.

Also rewatching Avengers again, and I like the running theme that the team is unwilling to sacrifice for the greater good. E.g. unwilling to let Manhattan get nuked, unwilling to blow up floating Sokovia, unwilling to sacrifice Vision. If they can save 'em all, they will. Nice through line for the trilogy/quadrilogy.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Strange beat an evil god, but he did it by boring him to death, which is textually pretty cool but as an audience... weird Shiva powers and butterfly shit have a bit more pop, y'know?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
And not only did Doctor Strange stop Dormammu with a time loop. He also rewinded time to rebuild the district in Hong Kong and to catch some of the zealots in a water tank and in cement. And he stopped / slowed time while he was gone. He took the soul out of his body to defeat another soul, and he used the mirror dimension on all of New York so that Kaecillius' twistings of the environment would stay in there and not affect a single citizen. He grew to understand all of this power in his one movie.

I also noticed a Yakult sign in Hong Kong which is a favorite drink of mine, so this movie has my approval.

"Word of the Ancient One's death will spread through the Multiverse. Earth has no Sorcerer Supreme to defend it."

I wonder if the multiverse will come into play soon, and what it means to them, that our Earth doesn't have a Sorcerer Supreme now (unless Strange has grown into one in the time between Doctor Strange and Infinity War). I just feel like this one quote is a sign that Scott Derrickson and Marvel Studios want to explore this further.

And as much as I didn't like the after-credits scene with Mordo, I really hope they get to build him up throughout the movies like they did Loki. I hope he will have a heavy fighting style with impact, which we kinda see very little of in the third act, and when he first meets Strange in the alley in the first act. Although fast and effective. I also like that he wears 'The Boots of Valtorr' so he can basically do what Doctor Strange and Star-Lord did by jumping on the magic fields in Infinity War, but on his own, since his boots creates those fields. Hopefully they'll dive deeper into the relics in the sequel. Let Doctor Strange use some of those for magic that is too powerful to sustain.

Doctor Strange actually has some nice music in it too, which is unfortunately deafened by bombastic sound effects, which was also a problem with Phase 1 and 2 movies.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Tom Holland is gonna be playing spiderman until he's 32 huh? He's 22 now. The next 10 years are gonna be great to watch him grow up and becoming like the lead in the avengers aside from Brie.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I'm nobody's bladder!

Lmao sorry!

Strange beat an evil god, but he did it by boring him to death, which is textually pretty cool but as an audience... weird Shiva powers and butterfly shit have a bit more pop, y'know?
thatistrue.gif
I liked the third-act stuff, but Cumberbatch is better in five minutes of Ragnarok than in his own film, sorry
thatisalsotrue.gif

Mix Master

Oct 29, 2017
Hilarious after Infinity war came out dudes was begging for a Strange sequel.
Also the EG screens Monday so 100% full spoilers will be out so be wary.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
Dr Strange starts out a bit retready and slow, but I think the whole second half of the movie is among the best in the MCU. Strange himself develops as a character more in just his one movie than Stark does over the course of every movie he's been in. I think it's legit one of the better movies in the mcu and I dont get how people could think it approaches anywhere near Thor 2

luca

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like Wakandan tech, but it could just as well just be Tony's own tech. Dunno why he would want to upgrade his shield as the one in IW was perfectly capable of withstanding the infinity stones. I guess he wants that see-through shield. Man, I've never been fond of this Avengers HQ compound, it's so facility-like. I miss the cozy-ness of the Avengers Tower.

I also feel like Endgame could be the best movie yet for both Black Widow and Hawkeye. They seem to be heavily featured.

Here's a Youtube embed with wider shots btw:

Audi just released their "The Debriefing" commercial for Endgame featuring Brie Larson:

London fan event:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.