• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I say we all take a moment to commend ZattMurdock on his unwavering belief in Endgame passing Avatar for #1. It's still not a for sure but with this re-release news, it sure seems like it will happen.

tenor.gif

Holy crap, I missed this news! Awesome!

Whatever it takes!

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
(Spidey social media impression within)

It starts. Also the implications a bit spoilery maybe so spoilers incase?

Though iirc that Wilding dudes a bit of a jackass so maybe its better to wait for better ones.

Kevin Feige interview about what to expect from Black Widow film

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Kevin Feige talking about Black Widow.

"There's a method to the madness," Feige said. "There's always a method and doing things in an unexpected way is something we find fun. There are ways to do prequels that are less informative or answer questions you didn't necessarily have, and then there are ways to do prequels where you learn all sorts of things you never knew before."

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Whomever puts up the Spidey review thread, please label it spoiler free so I don't have to do two OTs and I can just redirect spoilerphobes to it. Thanks in advance.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I'll do it on Thursday when the embargo drops.

But of course there are going to be people complaining that Mysterio being a villain is a spoiler.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Are we in agreement that from now on all the official movie threads should just be SPOILER threads? I never understood why we needed two official movie threads for a movie. The review thread should be the non spoiler one as it's the lead up to the movie's actual release. Anyone entering an official movie thread and complaining that they were spoiled is a dummy.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. A review open spoiler thread and an OT spoiler thread is a sound idea and makes much more sense.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I'll do it on Thursday when the embargo drops.

But of course there are going to be people complaining that Mysterio being a villain is a spoiler.
To be fair, while everyone should have seen this coming, we've yet to see Mysterio depicted as a villain in any of the officially released stuff so it kind of is a spoiler.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Are we in agreement that from now on all the official movie threads should just be SPOILER threads? I never understood why we needed two official movie threads for a movie. The review thread should be the non spoiler one as it's the lead up to the movie's actual release. Anyone entering an official movie thread and complaining that they were spoiled is a dummy.
That's how I always wanted it, but certain people were adamant that there be two OTs.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
MCU threads in OT have reached complete fucking shitshow status at this point. You have people openly admitting they're going to pirate the extra footage from the Avengers Endgame re-release.

I mean christ

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
MCU threads in OT have reached complete fucking shitshow status at this point. You have people openly admitting they're going to pirate the extra footage from the Avengers Endgame re-release.

I mean christ
Yeah it's reached peak hate levels. I can't imagine how things will be if it passes Avatar.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Pro vs Anti Endgame over Avatar bickering has been pretty bad on this site yeah
I'm personally rooting for it to beat Avatar, just to see more records being broken if anything, and I'll be contributing (but only because I really want to see it in theaters again) but if it doesn't, life goes on, doesn't impact me personally either way

Nov 13, 2017
Pretty sure I just saw the mind blowing spoiler for Far From Home on Twitter...if anyone here knows the true spoiler, can I DM you to tell you what I saw?

I am praying that I didn't just have it ruined by some troll 😭

Edit: the coast is clear! ManaByte has confirmed the leak was fake, so for now, Twitter is still safe.

Last edited:

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I don't see anything about the credit sequences on r/marvelstudiosspoilers, and that would be the best place to look, so I doubt you saw anything real.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I don't see anything about the credit sequences on r/marvelstudiosspoilers, and that would be the best place to look, so I doubt you saw anything real.

There was a hilariously fake "leak" on there this morning with Doctor Strange and Captain Marvel.

Edit: I checked with him. What he saw wasn't real. Just some fanwank made up by one of the racists who don't like the MCU MJ and keep pushing that there's a "real" MJ out there somewhere.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017

I mean christ

Agreed. By the amount of vitriol you'd think that Feige killed someone's dog or something. Absolutely ridiculous.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, these are some glowing impressions. Not the usual "I had a blast watching it", which for me is code for an enjoyable yet unremarkable movie, but straight up "this is a great movie" statements. I'm excited.

Nov 1, 2017
Sweet Christmas! The impressions so far from the reviewers are that the movie is pretty amazing and possibly the best spider-man movie yet (even better than into the spider-verse?).

With a good word of mouth, ffh may be the first spider-man movie to gross $1 billion!

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
It's just crazy how good Marvel Studios are at maintaining a consistently high bar of quality. I was looking through the list of Phase 1-3 movies and with the exception of a couple of speed bumps every phase has been better than the previous ones and now FFH seems to be yet another improvement. It's all the more impressive if you take into account how many other studios are trying and failing to do the same.

I know we've all said this before and it is a fanboyish thing to point out but the fact that we got the Avengers assembling on screen and a complete Infinity Gauntlet story arc still blows my mind. I never expected the heroes I grew up with to become household names worldwide.

SArcher

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do we know if the multiverse thing is real or a a red herring? If it really is a thing then Marvel should totally make a Squadron Supreme/Supreme Power movie and beat DC/WB at their own game.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
probably best to stay off twitter then

Most people are trying to pressure those who know the real surprises to not Tweet them. One asshole did, but he deleted the Tweet after people started unfollowing him and blocking him.

Sweet Christmas! The impressions so far from the reviewers are that the movie is pretty amazing and possibly the best spider-man movie yet (even better than into the spider-verse?).

With a good word of mouth, ffh may be the first spider-man movie to gross $1 billion!

It's coming after Endgame, and two days after the Endgame re-release. It'll hit a billion easily since Homecoming did $880M.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
The real question is will FFH gross more than Captain Marvel or Black Panther. I think it's going to pass CM but might end up a just shy of Black Panther.

Status
Not open for further replies.