• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
What does this mean?
It's the SDCC eye icon.

sdcc.jpg

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Just teasing that some of the Avengers may pop up at Comic Con. There was also a thread about it.

As an aside, Deadline is also hearing that some form of an Avengers reunion is in store down at SDCC. Some of the cast members could show up at the AGBO panel Friday, or at the Marvel panel on Saturday night. Consider it one last goodbye.

I just want them to bring out all of the Eternals and announce who's Shang-Chi. Chadwick Boseman was announced as Black Panther 1.5 years before Civil War came out. I'm not sure they're that far with the Shang-Chi castings yet though, so it might be too early. Or they could surprise us.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about seeing FFH after work Friday night. There's an 11 PM showing, I should be able to get there before it starts.

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think I've seen someone posted about it here but I want to make sure-

The Disney Movie Club will allow you to get 4k versions of the Marvel movies that have that option?

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Ahhhh I was hoping the other movies in the catalog would be 4K as well.

Right now only Guardians 2, Thor, Black Panther, all four Avengers, Ant-Man and The Wasp, the Cap trilogy, and Captain Marvel are the DISNEY 4K MCU releases (Sony released Homecoming in 4K and Uni did Hulk).

The Iron Man trilogy and the first two Thor movies are out August 13th, and then Doctor Strange, Guardians 1, and Ant-Man 1 are in October.

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Right now only Guardians 2, Thor, Black Panther, all four Avengers, Ant-Man and The Wasp, the Cap trilogy, and Captain Marvel are the DISNEY 4K MCU releases (Sony released Homecoming in 4K and Uni did Hulk).

The Iron Man trilogy and the first two Thor movies are out August 13th, and then Doctor Strange, Guardians 1, and Ant-Man 1 are in October.

Thanks, but I was mostly meaning the choice of movies as a first time subscriber to the Disney Movie Club member. I was hoping to pick up four of the 4K releases I don't already have.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I am so happy SDCC is only two (?) weeks away after seeing FFH.

Because now I really need to know where we're going.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I only ever lurk in here, but I just wanted to post solely to say that I agree that Mysterio is the truth.

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616
Got a question for all y'all: I recently read Abnett & Lanning's Guardians run, now I need more Guardians of the Galaxy in my life. So, is Bendis' run worth reading? I know he can be hit-or-miss at the best of times. Any opinions?
My advice is Gerry Duggan's run forward, especially if you are a big fan of the MCU Guardians. Sure you can read Bendis, but Duggan and Cates runs are excellent and I think you will enjoy it.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like both Ryan Coogler and Jon Watts would like to get their hands on Kraven:

If you had a carte blanche choice of villain, Norman Osborne, the Sinister Six, whomever… who are your favorite Spider-Man villains?
I mean, Kraven's pretty great and coming up with a take on Kraven would be a fun challenge, but you know, to me it's all about trying to show people things that they haven't seen before, so I would dig back in and started reading the comics from issue #1 again.

Come on Sony, just drop your plan, and give them access to the character. Marvel Studios wants it, the audience wants it.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Seems like both Ryan Coogler and Jon Watts would like to get their hands on Kraven:

Come on Sony, just drop your plan, and give them access to the character. Marvel Studios wants it, the audience wants it.

The Marvel-Sony sharing arrangement also extends to the other non-Peter characters, right? It'd be cool to have Norman pop up in other films or have Kraven in a Black Panther film.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
The Marvel-Sony sharing arrangement also extends to the other non-Peter characters, right? It'd be cool to have Norman pop up in other films or have Kraven in a Black Panther film.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Feige say they were starting to think about new takes on characters that appeared in older films? (Even though they still want the priority to be on new characters).

Man though, I wish someone at Marvel Studios could convince Sony to just let Black Cat be in the MCU.

Cross

Oct 25, 2017
WOW Just came back from FFH, probably the best spidey movie ever. Holy shit at the post credit scenes. 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.