• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Walmart.ca doesn't have the endgame blu-ray =/

I wonder if they are sold out or just don't have it, don't want to go all the way to the store if they aren't even carrying it =/

I'd have to go to best buy if I wanted it right away

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Walmart.ca doesn't have the endgame blu-ray =/

I wonder if they are sold out or just don't have it, don't want to go all the way to the store if they aren't even carrying it =/

I'd have to go to best buy if I wanted it right away
Wal-Mart doesn't have any movies on their website these days, they haven't for a couple years I think.

I got it in store at Wal-Mart for $5 cheaper than BestBuy, they should have it.

Oct 25, 2017
Wal-Mart doesn't have any movies on their website these days, they haven't for a couple years I think.

I got it in store at Wal-Mart for $5 cheaper than BestBuy, they should have it.

In Canada?

Amazing that you gave an actual answer and WalMart customer service said to search for it on their website lol

Edit - Walmart.ca has plenty of movies listed, I'll just order it from Amazon =/

Borshay

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
Sorry I dropped the ball this week, boss was fired at work and its been a bit of a shit show since.

Anyways, 30 hours are left on Round 3 of the MCU poll.

Link Here

Far From Home is up against Endgame, Winter Soldier versus Black Panther, the original Iron Man against Thor Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy versus Infinity War to round out the Top Eight.

SonofDonCD

Oct 26, 2017
Choosing between Winter Soldier and Black Panther, and then Iron Man and Ragnarok is evil.
Specifically that pairing is so evil.

Winter Soldier is such a great thriller (at least up until the reveal), and it totally changed the game for the main Avengers characters. Action was on point, and Cap's characterization was great in the midst of all of that grey.

But Black Panther changed more than just the game for the MCU, it transcends comic book movies, and more than any other MCU movie, truly has something to say. Killmonger is also one of, if not the best (yes, even over Thanos) villians out of all of the movies. Damn man, his last line in the movie still kills me. I damn near had tears in my eyes at several points in this film (and not from sadness, but of joy and pride).

Ok, I think I know what I have to vote for now.

Borshay

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
Fun fact, in the first poll from Spring 2018, Black Panther beat Winter Soldier to get into the finals.

Some of these have been really difficult, I really struggled with the Spidey Vs Spidey one.

I don't remember who I chose between GotG and Infinity War. Both are so damn good.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry I dropped the ball this week, boss was fired at work and its been a bit of a shit show since.

Anyways, 30 hours are left on Round 3 of the MCU poll.

Link Here
Far From Home is up against Endgame, Winter Soldier versus Black Panther, the original Iron Man against Thor Ragnarok, Guardians of the Galaxy versus Infinity War to round out the Top Eight.

The final will probably be between Endgame and Infinity War, right?

Oct 29, 2017
The final will probably be between Endgame and Infinity War, right?
It'll be interesting. I think that on a surface level Winter Soldier and Black Panther are better movies maybe even Ragnarok too but End Game is the absolute mountain top of what a superhero movie could be, the mad plot, the team-ups, the scale of everything, it's phenomenal. Obviously, there could always be a taller mountain undiscovered but it's such an amazing film.

Aside from that, one thing I've been noticing a lot is people acting like they're 'forgiving' the fact that the time travel makes no sense but I've always seen it as perfectly explained. The fact that you cannot change your future basically puts no responsibility on the current universe and I'm relatively sure that everything in the past was accurate enough up until the Avengers fucking with it.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Aside from that, one thing I've been noticing a lot is people acting like they're 'forgiving' the fact that the time travel makes no sense but I've always seen it as perfectly explained. The fact that you cannot change your future basically puts no responsibility on the current universe and I'm relatively sure that everything in the past was accurate enough up until the Avengers fucking with it.

I agree, the explanation of time travel was perfectly fine.

In the future, should the Disney+ shows be included?

Maybe in their own separate bracket?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
literally can't with someone in OT trying to argue that Captain Marvel is a psychopath

Does Thor not say "Have at thee" in this entire saga? Did I miss it?

Same reason he didn't say "We would have words with thee" in Age of Ultron. MCU Thor just doesn't speak like that.

It's a shame as a comics fan but I can see why they didn't go that route for a wider global audience.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
The colonizer returns!

giphy.gif

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Speaking of Shuri, it kinda felt disingenuous that Emergency Awesome (a YouTuber who covers Marvel & DC news) wanted them to just have Shuri be Ironheart. It's like he thought that there can't be more than one prominent black woman who's a genius in the MCU.

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Shuri, it kinda felt disingenuous that Emergency Awesome (a YouTuber who covers Marvel & DC news) wanted them to just have Shuri be Ironheart. It's like he thought that there can't be more than one prominent block woman who's a genius in the MCU.

Some people here say the same thing, it's extremely annoying

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Shuri, it kinda felt disingenuous that Emergency Awesome (a YouTuber who covers Marvel & DC news) wanted them to just have Shuri be Ironheart. It's like he thought that there can't be more than one prominent block woman who's a genius in the MCU.

Cmon man how many black female geniuses does this universe need? Just combine them all into one character.

What we really need is more white male geniuses. We can't have enough of those.

/s

Babymomo

Aug 14, 2019
Welp now that the x-men are basically in the mcu i feel a sense of confidence saying that most of the fox x-men movies are the worst superhero movies ever, first class, logan and DOFP are the most enjoyable for me and deadpool is good but he honestly annoys the living daylights out of me and i don't like the fact his queernes is not explicitly shown.

Fox x-men fans are delusional and annoying and it's so stupid of them to want only team up movies in the coming years and at the same time not want one character taking the center role in the movie like logan and raven did. Don't they understand that it would be impossible to have such a huge cast and still give everyone meaningful character arcs? The movies are dry it just had to be said.

Honestly screw them i wan't my solo xmen movies, i NEED a storm movie that will will truly utilize her powers and backstory, im tired of her being a side/background character.

Outside of Logan, Erik and Charles the best Mutants that should get solo stories are Storm, X-23/Wolverine, a sort of team up movie with emma frost, Cable, Rogue and Gambit IN MY OPINION.

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Welp now that the x-men are basically in the mcu i feel a sense of confidence saying that most of the fox x-men movies are the worst superhero movies ever, first class, logan and DOFP are the most enjoyable for me and deadpool is good but he honestly annoys the living daylights out of me and i don't like the fact his queernes is not explicitly shown.

Fox x-men fans are delusional and annoying and it's so stupid of them to want only team up movies in the coming years and at the same time not want one character taking the center role in the movie like logan and raven did. Don't they understand that it would be impossible to have such a huge cast and still give everyone meaningful character arcs? The movies are dry it just had to be said.

Honestly screw them i wan't my solo xmen movies, i NEED a storm movie that will will truly utilize her powers and backstory, im tired of her being a side/background character.

Outside of Logan, Erik and Charles the best Mutants that should get solo stories are Storm, X-23/Wolverine, a sort of team up movie with emma frost, Cable, Rogue and Gambit IN MY OPINION.

I actually do think they're going to go the route of solo movies at first, in addition to prominent X-Men popping up as the #2 in upcoming MCU movies ala Hulk in Ragnarok or Stark in Homecoming.

The first MCU X-Men that assembles the entire team together will be an event.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
I actually do think they're going to go the route of solo movies at first, in addition to prominent X-Men popping up as the #2 in upcoming MCU movies ala Hulk in Ragnarok or Stark in Homecoming.

The first MCU X-Men that assembles the entire team together will be an event.
Even if that event was a solid 10 years later, I'd be fine with that. I still associate many of the actors with the comic characters (I don't know how we can forget Jackman even with his height) so I'm in no rush for X-Men and I'm frankly more interested in what else the MCU will bring out (but I'll gladly watch an MCU X-Men film :D).

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Are you saying that it's wrong of me to want Shuri to get her own movie quicker than having to wait for T'challa to stop being black panther? Then I don't really want to be right.
The point is that we shouldn't have to resort to Riri getting thrown to the side in favor of Shuri. We can have both.

Speaking of them, Ironheart #9 actually has Riri teaming up with Shuri in Wakanda.

Status
Not open for further replies.