• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
At the moment my ratings go, from number one to seven, as follows: Endgame, Winter Soldier, Ragnarok, Civil War, Infinity War, Iron Man 3, Avengers. So yes, Iron Man 3 above the first Guardians and Black Panther, among others. Blasphemy to some, I'm sure. I can't help it.

I understand why (quite) some people dislike it (to some extent), but I just love the Shane Black smoothness and the combo of him and RDJ just really works for me (just as in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang). Also, the chemistry between RDJ and Gwyneth is just so amazing. That really struck me on my rewatch of the movies before Infinity War. In all three Iron Man movies, they are just so very good together. And sure, Aldrich Killian is a shit villain.

Hehe, that's pretty amazing to me. Ranking IM3 below something like The Dark World is mindblowing to me. But, hey, to each his own.

I actually genuinely liked Dark World. It's not high on my list (it's right above iron man 3) but I enjoyed it more than IM 3.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I like IM3 more than I think "disposable fluff" implies, but I do kinda agree with the basic sentiment there...it's fun, but ultimately feels a little hollow and forgettable.

tbh none of the solo Iron Man films feel particularly meaty. I agree with the point that the Avengers films + Civil War were basically where RDJ got the best material to chew on and where Tony's arc was most felt. To that point: you could skip any of the Iron Man sequels and not really miss much of anything, but skipping the Avengers movies would have you clueless about Tony. And to that point: when my wife was getting into the MCU movies and we took an abridged tour during the gap between BP and IW, this is exactly what we did and she didn't miss a beat.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
IM2 at least has the stuff about Tony's dad which pays off in Endgame, and introduces the Avengers so I'd say it's more important than IM3.

It also still has the best Iron Man suit up scene I think.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
At the moment my ratings go, from number one to seven, as follows: Endgame, Winter Soldier, Ragnarok, Civil War, Infinity War, Iron Man 3, Avengers. So yes, Iron Man 3 above the first Guardians and Black Panther, among others. Blasphemy to some, I'm sure. I can't help it.

I understand why (quite) some people dislike it (to some extent), but I just love the Shane Black smoothness and the combo of him and RDJ just really works for me (just as in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang). Also, the chemistry between RDJ and Gwyneth is just so amazing. That really struck me on my rewatch of the movies before Infinity War. In all three Iron Man movies, they are just so very good together. And sure, Aldrich Killian is a shit villain.

Hehe, that's pretty amazing to me. Ranking IM3 below something like The Dark World is mindblowing to me. But, hey, to each his own.
I respect your opinion but couldn't disagree more lol I could never put IM3 above any of the phase 3 films sans AaTW. I really feel like IM3 was the point in the MCU where things were looking down and (thankfully) phase 3 is where they capitalized on the good-will from the good Phase 2 films and really elevated and knocked it out the park.

I do agree about the RDJ and Gwyneth chemistry though, that is probably what saved IM3 from being down-right bad imo. The Miami Mansion infiltration scene was also pretty cool but nothing else in that film makes me want to go back and watch again.

Cocamantis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So The Russos just said that NOVA was in the final battle in "Endgame" and you can actually see him in the background.
I just can't even anymore with these motherfuckers.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017

I DESPERATLEY NEED A MOONGIRL AND DEVIL DINOSOUR D+ SHOW!!!!!
7523d441d4f83a82c3946859cdd151b6.jpg

...that's too cute. I need to see a live action with them now.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
WandaVision begins filming September 21st:

Backs up what Bettany has been telling people at conventions about filming in September.

It's before The Falcon and The Winter Soldier (which films in October in Atlanta) because Doctor Strange begins filming at the beginning of the new year in London and Elizabeth Olsen is in that too.

They're filming in LA, probably where they did The Mandalorian.

BTW, this September start date for WandaVision appears to be real since set construction has begun (I've seen them).

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
So WandaVision starts before Falcon and Winter Soldier?

I'd think there could be more VFX with the former.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
So WandaVision starts before Falcon and Winter Soldier?

I'd think there could be more VFX with the former.

It's more to do with the Doctor Strange schedule since that starts filming in January in the UK and Elizabeth Olsen has to be there for that. So they get the six hours of WandaVision done first and then she goes to do Doctor Strange.

That's how it's going to have to work if you're going to have the Disney+ shoes running into the movies like these two do. It was always the problem with the other shows since the movies take so long to make and the schedules with the shows could never line up. So with Disney+ if they have a show that leads into a movie with WandaVision, they make it before the movie so it's done.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
if what's reported in the article is accurate, it actually seems like this was Marvel/Disney's fault for getting greedy. Sony has no financial incentive to agree to a 50/50 split with Disney when even ASM2 made $700m worldwide
It's all a part of negotiating, start high and then meet in the middle. They likely could have settled at a 80/20 split and still would have ended up with more or around the same gross as even their highest-grossing Spidey film. Sony got offended and instead of making the smart business decision, got their feelings hurt and walked away.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
It's all a part of negotiating, start high and then meet in the middle. They likely could have settled at a 80/20 split and still would have ended up with more or around the same gross as even their highest-grossing Spidey film. Sony got offended and instead of making the smart business decision, got their feelings hurt and walked away.

perhaps. we'll see as more details come out

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
well it was a nice 2 years we had going there

sony gonna sony

guess we'll have to wait another 8 years for them to implode and get bought out by disney to see spidey back in the mcu. without an mcu spidey propping them up all of their spinoff efforts will die a death, and amazing spider-man 3 with a 30% on RT and $800m budget only making $700m at the box office will only last so long

no one is gonna give a fuck about the non-MCU marvel movies.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
well it was a nice 2 years we had going there

sony gonna sony

guess we'll have to wait another 8 years for them to implode and get bought out by disney to see spidey back in the mcu. without an mcu spidey propping them up all of their spinoff efforts will die a death, and amazing spider-man 3 with a 30% on RT and $800m budget only making $700m at the box office will only last so long

no one is gonna give a fuck about the non-MCU marvel movies.
Yup. Not to mention how the hell are they going to continue the story without name dropping any MCU events, it's going to be a disjointed mess.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
mulling this over more, there's a good chance Disney/Marvel Studios leaked this to Deadline as a tactic to stir up backlash and get Sony back to the negotiating table. while Marvel Studios' Disney-distributed films don't need Spider-Man at all, Homecoming and FFH are dependent enough on the broader MCU that it's hard to see how Sony could continue the Watts/Holland/etc. films without another reboot

but we'll see

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
venom made less at the domestic box office than every phase 3 movie lol

just look at the trajectory of the fox x-men movies. that's sony's spider-man if they keep putting out garbage every 2 years. not to mention shit like morbius

$213,515,506 domestic and $642,569,645 international is nothing to scoff at. (along with the audience and user reviews)

Doy5pgOUYAAvYX_

Clearly people do give a fuck about non-Marvel MCU movies lol Spidey x Venom movie is an easy billion

Fox just really shit the bed with X-Men the last couple years

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Yeah, Venom did well for Sony. Combine that with Spider-verse (and how they've always had projects/ideas with the license kicking around) and you can see why Sony would say, "Thanks but no thanks."

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I was getting worried when Spider-man 3 wasn't being announced quickly off of Far From Home's back, and it looks like my worries were justified.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Well, at least we might still get 2 awesome films with Watts and Holland (non mcu related) if Sony doesn't interfere with it to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.