• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Allow me to pose a question to everyone:

Would you be upset if Doom wasn't the villain in the first F4 movie, but they still had a way for him to be a big part of the MCU before meeting up with them in a future sequel?

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I don't think a lot of Fantastic Four fans want them to start with Doctor Doom off rip TBH
I think I would prefer that they don't actually, just like I preferred that Feige/Marvel Studios didn't start off with Green Goblin yet again

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I don't think a lot of Fantastic Four fans want them to start with Doctor Doom off rip TBH
I think I would prefer that they don't actually

Well, every F4 movie ever made has featured Doom as the villain. From the Corman one to Trank.

But just look at all of the Fox purchase threads here where people thought there'd be a Doom PCS in Endgame.

TwoDelay

Apr 6, 2018

Would you be upset if Doom wasn't the villain in the first F4 movie, but they still had a way for him to be a big part of the MCU before meeting up with them in a future sequel?
I kinda hope doom isn't the villain in the first ff. Build him up, maybe have him be in black panther 3 or something. I just hope that when they do doom they do him right.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Does Rob Liefeld actually knows something, or is just trying to get attention?

Before the D23 presentation I saw some people on Twitter teasing a Deadpool announcement, but that didn't materialize into anything
Well, every F4 movie ever made has featured Doom as the villain. From the Corman one to Trank.

But just look at all of the Fox purchase threads here where people thought there'd be a Doom PCS in Endgame.
Hmm, yeah, now that I think back....
But I think most people will be fine with waiting, and I'd prefer the approach of building Doom up throughout the movies, he is a key part of the Marvel universe, and one movie may not be enough to do him justice
All I want for the first Fantastic Four movie is for Spider-Man to be in it
Human Torch/Spidey/Iceman teamup top 3 things I want looking towards the future of the MCU

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

No. This would allow for some villains like Mole Man and Puppet Master (which would bring along Alicia as well) into the fray.

I think people would treat this like Wolverine: People just want to know the character is coming and will be treated well. The character doesn't necessarily need to come immediately.

(Heck, I'd argue if the deal was still in place, Norman would be in the same boat.)

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
No. This would allow for some villains like Mole Man and Puppet Master (which would bring along Alicia as well) into the fray.

I think people would treat this like Wolverine: People just want to know the character is coming and will be treated well. The character doesn't necessarily need to come immediately.

(Heck, I'd argue if the deal was still in place, Norman would be in the same boat.)
I need the McConnaisance to hit the MCU with him rocking the waves as well

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
They're starting couples counseling?
Leaked image:
762805.jpg

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

lets be honest papa feige could do anything and it would probably end up okay.

I like the idea of a looming threat over the entire MCU, and Doom fits the bill. Especially if this all leads to Secret Wars. Might as well get Doom going as early as possible.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Sony and Disney talking again seems like a pretty good development. Here's hoping.

I thought maybe Doom could fill in the Thanos role for the next couple phases, but that seems like too long of a payoff.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's all be optimistic for a second and say a new Spider-Man deal gets done. who do you want as a villain for movie 3? I like the trend of exploring new villains that haven't been in a movie before. I'm not ready for Doc Ock or a Goblin again yet.

I'd like to see Scorpion and Silver Sable

SArcher

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Let's all be optimistic for a second and say a new Spider-Man deal gets done. who do you want as a villain for movie 3? I like the trend of exploring new villains that haven't been in a movie before. I'm not ready for Doc Ock or a Goblin again yet.

A female bad guy would be great.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

Kraven
But that probably wouldn't happen even if the deal does get done given he's supposedly getting a solo movie (YUCK!)
:(

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Bootleg footage from the Spider-Man Far From Home extended cut has hit YouTube.

I'm actually confused as to these scenes were cut from the original release.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
A few friends and I are considering a rental of Dark Phoenix just to finish the old tenure of X-Men movies... for those who have seen it, is it really that bad? Is the X-Men cartoon still the best adaptation of the story? Are we nuts just to think about watching it? Are y'all just gonna reply with yes 4x?

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Bootleg footage from the Spider-Man Far From Home extended cut has hit YouTube.

I'm actually confused as to these scenes were cut from the original release.

I hope there's an extended version on home video.

I've seen so many bad takes on twitter about how spidey going back to Sony is a plus because Homecoming and FFH are mediocre.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I hope there's an extended version on home video.

I've seen so many bad takes on twitter about how spidey going back to Sony is a plus because Homecoming and FFH are mediocre.
All the "At least he's not gonna be Iron Man Jr. anymore" tweets<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Kraven
But that probably wouldn't happen even if the deal does get done given he's supposedly getting a solo movie (YUCK!)
:(
That's the thing though. If a new deal doesn't include Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters, we'll have two separate Spider-Man universes and Sony will have first go of the villains that can be in the MCU. That means we won't see what Sony is building towards (Maximum Carnage, Sinister Six, Kraven's Last Hunt) interact with Spider-Man or the MCU

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
A few friends and I are considering a rental of Dark Phoenix just to finish the old tenure of X-Men movies... for those who have seen it, is it really that bad? Is the X-Men cartoon still the best adaptation of the story? Are we nuts just to think about watching it? Are y'all just gonna reply with yes 4x?
It's just ok. It's by the numbers are best. It's not as bad as say, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X3: The Last Stand. I'd actually say it's better than X-Men: Apocalypse, even.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
It's just ok. It's by the numbers are best. It's not as bad as say, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X3: The Last Stand. I'd actually say it's better than X-Men: Apocalypse, even.
Well, I suppose that's somewhat good cuz I cannot remember much at all from Apocalypse. I just remember being underwhelmed after DofP.
I knew it.

Oh well, I just checked the runtime and it's less than 2hrs. Gonna watch it just to close out the films. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Babymomo

Aug 14, 2019
We really have to wait 7 MONTHS until a new mcu project, that seems way too far away, why don't they space these movies much better, there is such a huge gap, and i'm sure nothing that important will be announced cause we just had cc and d23. 2020 will be such a lowkey year for them which makes it a lowkey year for me, im annoyed, i want to be transported to the end of 2021.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking forward to Dark Phoenix but it's both bad, and it's boring. Apocalypse was at least more fun to watch.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
We really have to wait 7 MONTHS until a new mcu project, that seems way too far away, why don't they space these movies much better, there is such a huge gap, and i'm sure nothing that important will be announced cause we just had cc and d23. 2020 will be such a lowkey year for them which makes it a lowkey year for me, im annoyed, i want to be transported to the end of 2021.
I have decided to finally watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. during the wait
It is one of the few official MCU things I have not seen yet besides the short films and Agent Carter

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
I was looking forward to Dark Phoenix but it's both bad, and it's boring. Apocalypse was at least more fun to watch.
I've heard as much but we're gonna power through it just to finish it up.
I have decided to finally watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. during the wait
It is one of the few official MCU things I have not seen yet besides the short films and Agent Carter
Leading up to Endgame, I did a chronological MCU + SHIELD viewing... It was pretty damn fun and I'd never seen an episode before.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Normally I'd agree but it's kind of fitting to have a long enough break after the end of Phase 3 and the infinity saga.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017

Blame the alt right for getting James Gunn fired, delaying Guardians of the Galaxy 3 since he got a job directing a new Suicide Squad before being rehired by Disney.

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
"I've truly had the time of my life, and in so many respects, they have made my dreams come true as an actor. Sony has also been really good to me, and the global success of Spider-Man: Far From Home is a real testament to their support, skill and commitment. The legacy and future of Spidey rests in Sony's safe hands. I really am nothing but grateful, and I've made friends for life along the way."

39-gun-to-head.png

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
"I've truly had the time of my life, and in so many respects, they have made my dreams come true as an actor. Sony has also been really good to me, and the global success of Spider-Man: Far From Home is a real testament to their support, skill and commitment. The legacy and future of Spidey rests in Sony's safe hands. I really am nothing but grateful, and I've made friends for life along the way."
source.gif

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Oh so Sony is gonna pull a dick move I see.

Again, a deal can still be made but this is Rothman already prepping some bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.