• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I am starting to worry that the Disney+ series and now a Star Wars film might stretch him too thin, but we'll see.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
papa feige adding star wars to the to do list

how does he even have the time

unless this is all post GOT writers/Rian Johnson Star Wars movies in like 2030.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I'm giggling like an idiot imagining Feige watching TFA and TLJ, getting up from his couch and going:

cQqK2pc.gif

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017

Unless this is a misdirection, this sounds like Luna is totally done playing Robbie/GR...
FML

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
If Feige is actually involved with this GR mess, I hope it was worth the fucking trouble.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
If Feige is actually involved with this GR mess, I hope it was worth the fucking trouble.

I really, really doubt that Feige has that kind of power over two completely separate divisions of Disney, regardless of what some of the insider Twitter accounts may be saying. odds are that it really was just creative differences, which happens all the time in the TV industry

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
After checking the budget on the brief AoS appearances..... It could be that the SFX were just too much $$$ for Hulu to want to cut that check on something that wasn't even MCU related.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I really, really doubt that Feige has that kind of power over two completely separate divisions of Disney, regardless of what some of the insider Twitter accounts may be saying. odds are that it really was just creative differences, which happens all the time in the TV industry
Wouldn't be shocking if Feige can now intercept and lock Rider in.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Blade being in the MCU while Hulu was doing basically all of the other notable supernatural stuff seemed odd.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
After checking the budget on the brief AoS appearances..... It could be that the SFX were just too much $$$ for Hulu to want to cut that check on something that wasn't even MCU related.
THANK GOD

variety.com

Spider-Man Will Stay in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

After briefly breaking up, Sony Pictures and Marvel have found a way to get back in the Spider-Man business together.
That's fantastic! I'm shocked I saw it here first and not in OT.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Sounds like the deal involved Sony's universe crossing over into Marvel's.

whatever. as long as Feige has creative control I think it'll be ok. Once the incursions start happening it'll probably be pretty cool.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
And there it is. Wonderful. Glad I didn't waste energy on panicking lol.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Curious to see whether or not this will be extended on a per movie basis.

The initial story about the breakup mentioned that there were plans for a Spider-Man 4. So, I do hope that they end up negotiating again to fulfill Feige's vision.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just woke up, so I honestly thought I was dreaming at first when I saw the thread for this, as I definitely didn't expect things to resolve this soon lol

luca

Oct 25, 2017
We also got the date for Spider-Man 3.

July 16 2021.

So 4 MCU movies and 4 shows in 2021.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I TOLD Y'ALL SUCKAS DISNEY WAS STAYING QUIET FOR A REASON
I TOLD Y'ALL
I NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING, EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE TOLD ME IT WAS OVER
HE'S BACK HE'S BACK HE'S BACK
8bc.gif

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I think we were quite a few people in here at least who were calm and hopeful a new deal would be signed.

Still, what a relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.