• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Tom Hiddleston and Charlie Cox in a Daredevil/Loki role reversal:

7eulikfsluv31.jpg

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think Endgame will win, but I'm glad Disney's at least trying to get it nominated (which I think it will)

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see what Endgame could be nominated for. Maybe Original Score. But there's some really good ones out there this year.

Mind you, I absolutely love the movie.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
it fucking better win original score

I can't remember the last time a film's score shook me to my core like Portals did

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
I really only see it getting a nom for special effects.

If it gets a best picture nom, which feels likely to me, I hope it doesn't win, especially in a year packed with so many great films, Parasite for instance.

loved Endgame but winning an Oscar isn't going to do anything for Disney and would be huge for Bong Joon-Ho.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I don't think Endgame would be in my top 50 movies of the year but based on the average movies that get Best Picture nods, I don't see Endgame as THAT much of a stretch.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Getting Reed back is like the safest choice you could make. I really wanted someone new to come in and give us the Waititi effect for the 3rd film since I hated AMaTW.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
It sucks, I would have liked someone new to get creative with the property, but it's not the end of the world by any means. They really need to push Ant-Man forward like they did with Winter Soldier and Ragnarok. That rumor of it introducing the Young Avengers would be fresh, cool and fun. Also not too excited about Stature, wish they had kept kid Cassie cause her and her relationship with Scott were the strongest point of Ant-Man and the Wasp.

No release details have been confirmed but sources say the plan is to shoot at the end of 2020 or top of 2021 for a likely release in 2022.
As expected they're aiming for 2022. So that and Black Panther II for that year.

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The Ant-Man movies are like comfort food for me, so I'm glad that Peyton Reed is able to finish his trilogy.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm just sad we won't get the kid from the first two movies playing Cassie anymore. She was super adorbs.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I think that if Ant-Man 3 doesn't deal with how Cassie dealt with her father being gone (and you know, the destruction of half of all life on earth), i would consider that to be a failure.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I hope Reed drops the bullshit and has a good storyline for the Ant family. But's who's the villain?

Also,

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see what Endgame could be nominated for. Maybe Original Score. But there's some really good ones out there this year.

Mind you, I absolutely love the movie.
Entirely possible the Academy does some Return of the King shit and uses Endgame to recognize the MCU as a whole.

Not terribly likely, though.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
But seemingly with more involvement from the Inhuman Royal Family. If I recall, No Normal only really had Lockjaw & Medusa.

Here's hoping they put Lockjaw in since he was the only highlight of the Inhumans show. (just give him his damn antenna this time!) Kamala and her teleporting doggo worked really well together in No Normal.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Krista Husar is teaming up with Sarah Halley Finn as co-casting director for the first time since Agents of SHIELD for Ms. Marvel.

This basically confirms that a number of Marvel Television staff were brought into the Marvel Studios fold for the Disney+ shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.