• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okdakor

Oct 26, 2017
France
It's not out of the ordinary in Europe. My late grandfather found a german mortar shell in his field one day while farming.

Yep, as a kid we knew that we shouldn't play with the WW1 mortar shells we often found in the fields, the woods... And it's not uncommon that they discover ammunition caches during construction works, then they have to evacuate a few blocks to deal with it.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
The Daily Bugle runs another hit piece on Spidey:

I can't wait to see the Bugle and Jonah play a huge role in the third film.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Despite Robert Downey Jr. not wanting to get an Oscar nomination since Avengers: Endgame was teamwork, Disney has now added several actors to the supporting categories:

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Robert Downey Jr.
Chris Evans
Mark Ruffalo
Chris Hemsworth
Jeremy Renner
Josh Brolin
Paul Rudd
Don Cheadle

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Scarlett Johansson
Gwyneth Paltrow
Zoe Saldana
Karen Gillan
Brie Larson

Kevin Feige has also revealed that the Loki Disney+ show will tie into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Kevin Feige has also revealed that the Loki Disney+ show will tie into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

Nice. Although I wonder how much it'll actually tie in. This sounds more like a marketing thing (be sure to watch everything on D+) than anything substantial story-wise (as opposed to WandaVision->Strange 2). But, we'll see.

Slyonic

Oct 29, 2017
Nice. Although I wonder how much it'll actually tie in. This sounds more like a marketing thing (be sure to watch everything on D+) than anything substantial story-wise (as opposed to WandaVision->Strange 2). But, we'll see.

If Loki follows the escaped Endgame Loki, his show will also involve the Multiverse, so it's not that far-fetched to say they're connected.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
It'll probably tie into the movie as much as a prequel does. You don't necessarily need to watch it, but it might enrichen the experience if you've seen the shows.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
If Loki follows the escaped Endgame Loki, his show will also involve the Multiverse, so it's not that far-fetched to say they're connected.
Yeah, precisely, it'll also involve the multiverse. So, you probably won't miss anything of substance for Strange 2 if you skip Loki, whereas I assume there's quite some character development in WandaVision that'll be pretty substantial for Strange 2. And that sounds fine to me. You can't make everything essential, and even if you make some of the connections substantial, you'll still have to make the movies accessible to people who haven't seen the shows.

Oct 31, 2017
Interesting that Hawkeye was supposed to be a movie.

Feige was more nervous about his pitch to Jeremy Renner, who plays The Avengers' Hawkeye. Marvel had a deal for Renner to star in a movie based on the character, but Feige wanted to turn the project into a Disney+ series. Renner turned out to be fine with the change. "He totally got it and said, 'Let's do it,' " Feige recalls. (Renner didn't respond to a request for comment.)

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Watched Avengers: Endgame a fifth time, teary-eyed multiple times. Soundtrack rocks.

Also that metal clicking at the end credits of Tony building his suit, there was six of them, which I take was for each one of the original members. Cute.

Thinking of making Avengers: Endgame my New Year movie. To endings, and new beginnings.

[edit]
And that tweet above about Loki is from this Bloomberg article.

It also says R-rated content like the Deadpool movies will stream on Hulu instead of Disney+ (as we were already made aware of since they won't stream r-rated content on that service).

Last edited:

Stoopkid

Oct 27, 2017
Feige was more nervous about his pitch to Jeremy Renner, who plays The Avengers' Hawkeye. Marvel had a deal for Renner to star in a movie based on the character, but Feige wanted to turn the project into a Disney+ series. Renner turned out to be fine with the change. "He totally got it and said, 'Let's do it,' " Feige recalls. (Renner didn't respond to a request for comment.)

So hawkeye was supposed to get a movie.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Also, another detail that came out from this The Hollywood Reporter piece is that Lashana Lynch first auditioned for Spider-Man: Homecoming and Black Panther, before she ultimately got the role of Maria Rambeau in Captain Marvel:

Her big break came when she landed the part of Maria Rambeau, a former Air Force pilot and a single mother, in Captain Marvel, which earned $1.1 billion worldwide. "Getting into the Marvel universe was something that I'd been aiming for for two to three years," says Lynch, who had sent tapes in for Black Panther and Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
It's gonna be hard, but it did work for Thor so 🤷‍♂️

well I mean Thor was introduced as a pretty comedic character and has stayed pretty comedic, Hawkeye has mostly been a serious family man who loves his wife and kids while the Fraction arc is all about how he's a divorced dirtbag

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
well I mean Thor was introduced as a pretty comedic character and has stayed pretty comedic, Hawkeye has mostly been a serious family man who loves his wife and kids while the Fraction arc is all about how he's a divorced dirtbag

Yeah I get what you mean.
I'd still like to see them try to pull it off, he had some pretty great comedic moments in AoU after all.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
First set photos of Sersi, Thena and Phastos in costume in Eternals:

This movie is gonna be something really special.

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
And the Ironheart talks are back on...

I would link it but the source is...well, let's say we don't know them anymore.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Renner's Hawkeye has shown how he can have comedy chops, but yeah the whole down on his luck dirtbag aspect of it is kinda lost. I trust in Feige though.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Guys.

Listen.

You have to pay for the content you enjoy.

I wasn't going to, but then Feige came to my house, and put a gun to my head, and made me sign up for Disney+. It was really scary, but once i signed up for the next 10 years, he was really nice, and signed my endgame 4k case. He said something about coming back if I tried to cancel, but why would I when he made it clear that I have to watch every MCU property in order to understand what's going to happen in avengers 5-7.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
i'm sorry but this is fuckin BULLSHIT

marvel movies SUCK anyways, avengers endgame and infinity war was safe by the numbers garbage, and venom is way better at least it TRIES to do something DIFFERENT, but now i want to watch them all and they're FORCING ME to subscribe to disney+

FUCK DISNEY

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
I love how this thread is basically where we vent about the dumb stuff that gets posted in the Etc MCU threads lol

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

marvel movies SUCK anyways, avengers endgame and infinity war was safe by the numbers garbage, and venom is way better at least it TRIES to do something DIFFERENT, but now i want to watch them all and they're FORCING ME to subscribe to disney+

FUCK DISNEY

I mean, disney such a bunch of cowards, they won't even make the best super hero movie ever part of the MCU. Fuckin spider-verse rules!

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
It's going to be hilarious to look at those angry posts and tweets in 2 years when DS2 comes out and has some quick exposition about whatever happens in WandaVision/Loki so people without D+ can still follow along...
Also it's been known since day 1 that these shows and movies are actually connected and will affect each other.

I blame ComicBook.com for leaving out important words from people's quotes just to get clicks...

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

FUCK DISNEY

Is this a joke post?

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.