• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
She Hulk looks like it's gonna be in better hands than Moon Knight, who are the other heads of the D+ show?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
She Hulk looks like it's gonna be in better hands than Moon Knight, who are the other heads of the D+ show?
To be fair, Umbrella Academy was pretty damn good, so I wouldn't write off Moon Knight just yet. That plus Fant4stic & Death Note were fucked with by other writers (Trank & Kinberg specifically in the case of Fant4stic).

While I do agree that She-Hulk has a fantastic writer involved, Feige's won my trust at this point.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Falcon and The Winter Soldier: Malcolm Spellman (Empire)
WandaVision: Jac Shaeffer (Black Widow, The Hustle, TiMER)
Loki: Michael Waldron (upcoming TV show "Heels" w/ Steven Amell)
Hawkeye: Jonathan Igla (Mad Men, Sorry for Your Loss)
Ms. Marvel: Bisha K. Ali (Four Weddings and A Funeral TV show)

doinkies

Jun 20, 2018
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Marvel’s ‘Moon Knight’ Series Finds Its Head Writer With ‘Umbrella Academy’ Series Developer (Exclusive)

Jeremy Slater will oversee the Disney+ series 'Moon Knight.'

His credits are...not great, but I trust Feige.

In fairness his Fant4stic script was nothing like the final movie, it got rewritten and chopped up by Trank, Kinberg and Fox execs. It seems the same thing happened with Death Note.

He's the showrunner of Umbrella Academy which got much more positive reception, and he also did an Exorcist show that seems to be pretty well liked.

luca

Oct 25, 2017

"I think that's not true. I think it's unfortunate," Feige says when asked about the notion that superhero movies are a negative for cinema. "I think myself and everyone who works on these movies loves cinema, loves movies, loves going to the movies, loves to watch a communal experience in a movie theater full of people."

"It is a very big movie. It is a very expensive movie. And we are making it because we believe in [Zhao's] vision and we believe in what those characters can do and we believe we need to continue to grow and evolve and change and push our genre forward," says Feige. "That's a risk if I've ever heard one.""

Last edited:

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
The podcast that quote comes from is quite nice. Most of it is stuff you've already heard if you've heard or read a lengthy interview with Feige before (going from his early days on X-Men to now), but it's always nice to hear him talk in such a levelheaded way, as he always does.

And, not that anybody doubted it, but he confirms that not only will Ms. Marvel go from D+ show to movie, so will She-Hulk and Moon Knight. Plus, not only will Wanda return to the big screen after WandaVision, so will 'all of those characters' from both Falcon and the Winter Soldier and WandaVision. Not really anything we didn't expect, but it's still nice to hear him say it explicitly for characters other than Wanda and Kamala.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
The podcast that quote comes from is quite nice. Most of it is stuff you've already heard if you've heard or read a lengthy interview with Feige before (going from his early days on X-Men to now), but it's always nice to hear him talk in such a levelheaded way, as he always does.

And, not that anybody doubted it, but he confirms that not only will Ms. Marvel go from D+ show to movie, so will She-Hulk and Moon Knight. Plus, not only will Wanda return to the big screen after WandaVision, so will 'all of those characters' from both Falcon and the Winter Soldier and WandaVision. Not really anything we didn't expect, but it's still nice to hear him say it explicitly for characters other than Wanda and Kamala.

Presumably, they'll show up in team up films, because I don't think even Disney has enough slots for all of those to get a trilogy of movies. But that'd still be cool.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Presumably, they'll show up in team up films, because I don't think even Disney has enough slots for all of those to get a trilogy of movies. But that'd still be cool.
Agreed. Although we might also get some more co-starring movies like Hulk in Ragnarok and Wanda in Strange 2 (if her role is sizeable enough) with one of those D+ heroes teaming up with one from the movies. I love that the options are pretty endless at least, and hope the combinations get more creative than just (Young) Avengers all the time. So much potential.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Agreed. Although we might also get some more co-starring movies like Hulk in Ragnarok and Wanda in Strange 2 (if her role is sizeable enough) with one of those D+ heroes teaming up with one from the movies. I love that the options are pretty endless at least, and hope the combinations get more creative than just (Young) Avengers all the time. So much potential.

Yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if She-Hulk replaces the Hulk in Avengers, and Kamala shows up in the young avengers. I wouldn't be surprised either if Falcon gets a couple of captain america movies. Presumably Kamala will be in CM 3. It's an exciting time to be an MCU fan. I'm really glad they're going to start making series on D+. There's going to be so much great content for us in the next couple of years.

Oct 31, 2017

This is a great interview. Very PC answer regarding the 2015 feud with Perlmutter. Also saying Horn is a great mentor, interesting. The best part is the very brief thing he says about SW (visit new places and characters).

Interviewer misses opportunity to ask about how they plan to release R rated movies. Through the Fox label or a Marvel Knights label? He also confirms deadpool is going to "interact with the Avengers and these characters at some point", breaking some people's hearts.

Ms.Marvel audition leak tape. Not sure if real.

I'm glad I'm not a casting director. I have no idea what to look for. I think she bombed the audition.

SonofDonCD

Oct 26, 2017

Very interesting (and long, at about 40+ mins) Variety Actors-on-Actors interview between Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson. She talks about Marriage Story and a bit about Jojo Rabbit, he talks about Knives Out and his recent stage debut, Lobby Hero. They go into their history together pre-MCU, and the impact of the MCU on their careers. They also tackle a little bit the Scorsese/Coppola comments.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Hoping next add to the OP is the list of MCU actors who have worked with Woody Allen

I'll give you one guess as to whether you can fit that number on two hands

edit:

you know probably worth pointing out that using real life fucking rape accusations as a tool to defend comic book movies from criticism is disgusting in a horrifying way

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Disney+ to have more Marvel Studios content at launch tomorrow than was previously announced, afaik (16 films; I believe the last official count was only 6), plus a new special previewing the original series

full list of films:

• Iron Man
  • Iron Man 2
  • Captain America: TFA
  • Thor
  • Avengers
  • Iron Man 3
  • Thor: TDW
  • Captain America: TWS
  • GOTG
  • Avengers: AoU
  • Ant-Man
  • Captain America: Civil War
  • Doctor Strange
  • GotG Vol. 2
  • Captain Marvel
  • Avengers: Endgame

Last edited:

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Oooh, Ultron in 4k. That's handy. And that's actually a lot of them. only missing 6 (2 of which they're unlikely to ever get on the service) so that leaves 4. The other 4 are probably in that weird zone where they were licensed before Disney came up with D+ (which includes IW, but not CM) but not so long ago that the license has expired. Of those, I think BP and IW are the important ones. (I know people liked Thor 3, (and Ant-Man and the Wasp), but BP was a cultural milestone, and IW and endgame are basically 1 movie) Oh and hulk. Who cares.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Do we have a timeframe for when Loki & Hawkeye start filming? I know Ms. Marvel is supposed to start production this coming April, so I'd imagine that Loki & Hawkeye would need to start filming soon if they're coming out before Ms. Marvel.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Disney+ to have more Marvel Studios content at launch tomorrow than was previously announced, afaik (16 films; I believe the last official count was only 6), plus a new special previewing the original series

full list of films:

• Iron Man
  • Iron Man 2
  • Captain America: TFA
  • Thor
  • Avengers
  • Iron Man 3
  • Thor: TDW
  • Captain America: TWS
  • GOTG
  • Avengers: AoU
  • Ant-Man
  • Captain America: Civil War
  • Doctor Strange
  • GotG Vol. 2
  • Captain Marvel
  • Avengers: Endgame

They need to get Thor Ragnarok on this ASAP

I can wait on Ant Man and the Wasp. No. Black Panther is weird

Oct 31, 2017
Oooh, Ultron in 4k. That's handy. And that's actually a lot of them. only missing 6 (2 of which they're unlikely to ever get on the service) so that leaves 4. The other 4 are probably in that weird zone where they were licensed before Disney came up with D+ (which includes IW, but not CM) but not so long ago that the license has expired. Of those, I think BP and IW are the important ones. (I know people liked Thor 3, (and Ant-Man and the Wasp), but BP was a cultural milestone, and IW and endgame are basically 1 movie) Oh and hulk. Who cares.

The other 4 are from the netflix 2016-2018 deal.

Thor Ragnarok - expires 01/09/2020
Black Panther - expires 03/04/2020
Infinity Wars - expires 06/25/2020
Ant Man 3 - expires 07/29/2020

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Some extra scenes from the Disney+ Expanding the Universe. Found these on reddit:

ebbgpcq6c5y31.jpg

18u657ubc5y31.jpg

Pepper greeting Spidey

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, i was sure her face was cgi in the scene when they showed her landing (obviously cgi) and them looking up, with the faceplate coming off.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
So the 'Expanding the Universe' thing on D+ is basically just 12:38 minutes of footage from SDCC and D23 that we've seen, plus the concept art and animation from SDCC that was shown to attendees only, plus a few quotes on the shows from Feige & co. Nothing really new, but it's certainly fun to see the concept art and animation in good quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.