• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dash

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else been watching this?

Been one of my television highlights of the year. Kind of feels like it takes the best parts of Treme (characters/scene setting) and The Wire (moving plot) and combines it into a gritty 70s blender.

Ace

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Yes, amazing show. Find myself looking forward to the new episode every week.

Loved The Wire, couldn't really get into Treme (even after 6th or 7th episode) but was hooked on The Deuce after the first one.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maggie Gyllenhaal is amazing in this show. David Simon just knows how to create a living breathing world.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
David Simon and George Pelecanos have done it again. Some of the best TV I've seen in years and I hope it goes on for seasons to come and continues to build and build like the Wire did into something really amazing.

OP
OP
Dash

Dash

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really glad that they apparently have the arc already planned out. They're aiming for three seasons.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
I've noticed a lot of old "lines" from The Wire carryover. Not sure if these are just "Simonisms" or are actually terms common to the era.

- the term "suction"
- the term "rabbi"
- "I'm married with lawn furniture"
- "I just shot a nigga. Come get him"

Love the show though. Not as sprawling as The Wire but I feel like it's better acted and has top notch production.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Picking up where we left off. Still a show I'm most excited to watch every Sunday (right there with Curbed and Bobs).

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
I usually watch my shows and movies at work on my second monitor on the corner...This show I have had to switch to a different tab every time someone is banging. Great show, so far!

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Incredible series. I still haven't watched The Wire but I will while waiting for season 2 of The Deuce. I barely watch any tv anymore but this is great. I'm really surprised by Franco. And Gyllenhaal is fantastic as usual.

Chris1215

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Indianapolis
This is my favorite new show. It's so good and I love all of the characters. David Simon just knows how to make you care about his characters. Can't believe there's only one more episode left

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
two times i've seen anwan glover act, two david simon shows,
two times he's shot someone nonchalantly

this sentimental motherfucker cost us money

Loved that episode, actually cheered, lol

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Saw on Reddit that the line "I just a shot a n***a, come get him" was a throwback to The Wire.

Snake

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly wasn't sold on the show a few episodes in, but the last two in particular finally drew me in.

So many characters who at first seemed like they had a lot of wasted potential have started to break out for me.

caffe misto

Oct 25, 2017
the electric city
I normally don't feel strongly about these things, but I will be really disappointed if she isn't recognized for this show. Really giving a brilliant performance.

Edit: Didn't understand how quoting works. Was talking about Maggie Gyllenhaal.

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so-good.gif

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Top 5 show of the year for me. It's been hella engaging. Manages to keep the bitter reality and grittiness of the wire but still ends up not feeling too oppressive thanks to some entertaining characters

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Top 5 show of the year for me. It's been hella engaging. Manages to keep the bitter reality and grittiness of the wire but still ends up not feeling too oppressive thanks to some entertaining characters

Agreed and the funk lightens it up. It's gallows humor at its best Maggie G and Franco are great.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a toss up between this and Twin Peaks S3 for the best show of 2017. Just incredible stuff all around.

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
This show is amazing. Last weeks ep was so good, which we didn't get to discuss because of the downtime, and on that...I hope Frankie, the worse Franco doesn't get killed by C.C. if he finds out about him and Ashley, Dude is not going to be happy.

Only 1 episode remaining this season hurts though.

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Season finale tonight:
My Name is Ruby

Vincent (James Franco) balks at getting in deeper with Rudy (Michael Rispoli), as expansion fever hits Frankie (James Franco) and Bobby (Chris Bauer). Candy (Maggie Gyllenhaal) gets a taste of directing, and enjoys the red-carpet perks of a major premiere. Alston (Lawrence Gilliard, Jr.) finds himself in limbo at his precinct. Abby (Margarita Levieva) changes up the Hi-Hat's clientele; Sandra (Natalie Paul) faces editorial and legal hurdles; Barbara (Kayla Foster) and Thunder Thighs (Pernell Walker) connect with the wrong sort of clients; Vincent settles a score. C.C. (Gary Carr) encourages Ace (Clarke Peters), a former pimp, to get back in the game.

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
And there it is...Really sucks that the season is over, such a great show.

Who was that retired pimp C.C. was talking to? His dad?

pandemonium

Oct 25, 2017
It's a great show. Love seeing all the Wire characters in there also. Not to mention I love Andrea-Rachel.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I have every (aired) episode on my PVR, but haven't actually gotten around to watching it. It's good to know that it's a great show and something I should keep instead of deleting. I'll try to watch it soon.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Probably show of the year for me. Maggie Gyllenhaal already was great in The Honourable Woman (among a few other things), but she's even better in this. Watching Franco is a lot of fun, too, although his characters lacked a little motivation and got maybe the least interesting storylines so far.

fade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This show is great. David Simon definitely knows atmosphere. The setting feels so authentic. Coulda sworn I saw penetration this ep. HBO really tiptoeing on that line.