• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
It looks like a beloved Disney Channel animated show The Proud Family will soon be making a comeback.

During a red carpet event for the horror movie 47 Meters Down: Uncaged, actor Tommy Davidson was being interviewed by Where Is The Buzz when he accidentally slipped out that he is working on brand new episodes of the popular show for Disney+. Davidson is the voice of Oscar Proud, the patriarch of the family show.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Only watched a couple episodes back in the day and wasn't really my thing, but I'm happy for the fans. Hopefully they have a better animation budget this time.

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
source.gif

Fucking loved this show as a kid. My sisters will be pleased as it was big part of their childhood too.

Now bring back FIllmore and American Dragon and we good.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
How many shows is Disney+ gonna greenlight before they start operating at a loss like Netflix? We may not live that long...

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Well damn, if I wasn't going to sub to Disney+ before I certainly am now.

TRUDAAAAAAY!

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I hope they can get most of the old cast back. Hope Kim possible is coming back too.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
ahhh

the joy of being of the age where my nostalgia can be exploited

and I am so very here for it

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Who are you, the sister sister sister's. I dont know why but that line from the dad in one of the episodes always cracked me the fuck up.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Proud Family feels like one of those shows that I liked as a kid but if I rewatched now I'd see that it actually sucked.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man this will be an interesting show to bring back. The culture change will be interesting.

Early 00's to 20's

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
This is good. There really aren't many black animated series anymore. I think it's important to see yourself represented in the media you watch. I grew up with Static Shock, The Proud Family, and The Boondocks, and really appreciated seeing characters who look like me, front and center.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
This show was ok but it was cool seeing black characters on screen.

Hopefully they bring back Pepper Ann too

Travalore

Jul 14, 2019
Excited for this, liked it quite a bit back in the day and I'm interested in seeing what a modern version looks like.

But this has given me the hope that Fillmore could return, and now I won't truly be happy in life until it does.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I always felt bad for Oscar. Man was just a constant business failure and got shit on

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been confirmed by another voice actor.

Disney Channel's popular animated series The Proud Family is making a comeback. Jo Marie Payton, who voiced Suga Mama in the series which aired for three seasons from 2001-2005, confirmed today on GMA3 that a revival is in the works at upcoming streaming service Disney+.

It came in an answer to a question from host Keke Palmer about Payton's Suga Mama character. "Yeah, Suga's large and in charge. That's all I've got to say — except for Suga Mama will be doing some new episodes come February," revealed Payton.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
February?!?!?!?! Shiiiiit ok if it's that soon then I don't mind the absence of D+ as much now.

At the same time, Feb......🙄