• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Not really obviously, but when I was a kid I always saw the Disney logo as starting with some weird backwards G treble cleff hybrid thing. I assumed it was some fancy ass cursive that I wasn't hip to yet and didn't question it. I was probably middle school age before I even realized it was really just a D with a little swirl.

disney_logo.jpg

Did this happen to anyone else?

Last edited:

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, happened exactly to me. Hell, even as an adult I still don't see the D sometimes.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. I was probably like 9-10 years old when my sister told me and it blew my mind. Probably one of the most "well, duh!" moments I have ever had.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
This is very common. When you're a youngling learning to read and you learn to distinguish the difference between a G and a D, the D in Disney is definitely a G.

It's hard to unlearn that misconception even as an adult. I always knew it was supposed to be a D, but my brain still always says "that's a G."

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never heard of this. It's a stylized D and I guess even as a kid I knew Disney started with a D, so it's a D.

OP
OP
MazeHaze

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I see it as the D now all the time, when I look at it I can see the G, but I almost wish I could go back to seeing a G at first glance.

Persephone

Oct 25, 2017
Three things in life are certain: death, taxes, and wondering why the fuck it's spelled "Gisney".

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
WTF is this thread

Never ever looked at that logo and thought g. I mean, it's completely the wrong way round to be a g. You'd have to look at it in a mirror to think it was a g.

Was taught how to read handwriting, I guess.

Edit: LOL at the timing of the post below me

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
WTF is this thread

Never ever looked at that logo and thought g. I mean, it's completely the wrong way round to be a g. You'd have to look at it in a mirror to think it was a g.

I never thought it was a G, more like a Disney "thing" for lack of a better term.

Cap G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I knew it wasnt a G, but I always thought the D was so overly stylized it didnt look like a D.

OP
OP
MazeHaze

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
WTF is this thread

I mean, look at all the responses agreeing with my OP. Most of us formed this opinion long before we could read handwriting, so it's not like we're stupid or something. The way it's written out in their old animated logo might have something to do with it.

I never thought it was a G, more like a Disney "thing" for lack of a better term.

This exactly. I wouldn't say we all though it was G per se, but more like it was some kind of disney symbol ampersand type of thing.

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah exactly the same

Seems like a fuck up but w/e it's not like its hurt them at all

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I had the same problem with a grocery store called Dominion.

EfqttgU.jpg

I had to force myself to see it as a D.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
I still see it as a g, despite knowing it's not. I only realized it when I stared at the name long enough on the side of a Disneyworld resort.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It always looked like some weird musical staff to me, which made sense in my younger mind considering every Disney movie back then was a.
musical.