• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see why it should be particularly different. Netflix Canada is because they have to pay licensing fees for each movie/show in different regions, but Disney owns all this.

Also, Netflix Canada is very good!
I hope you're right. Netflix Canada is good, but it's also very dumb sometimes, particularly with when shows are uploaded.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I don't see why it should be particularly different. Netflix Canada is because they have to pay licensing fees for each movie/show in different regions, but Disney owns all this.

Also, Netflix Canada is very good!
Disney could've licensed some of their content in Canada already and we'd have to wait for any of those contracts to expire before being able to watch them on +. Whether or not there are any contracts for some of this content, I don't know.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I just want My Date with the President's Daughter. Is that too much to ask?!
No 'My Date With The President's Daughter"...smh

I knew I couldn't trust Disney. The people demand Elizabeth Harnois!

Seriously, the list feels great up till the 1980s and then it slams you with this line up of live action disney channel fluff and originap animations and whatever fuels nostalgia goes into overdrive.

After the Renaissance movies it starts going into monkey paw territory with some great stuff and 1 or 2 real duds. I mean what kinda fucking selling point is Zenon Girl of the 21st Century, who exactly is really gonna stream that pile of shit.

I will not let this Zenon slander lie. I demand you retract your statement at once.

Phil of the Future. Yessss

Okay, Disney is gaining back some trust. Phil of the Future is some good stuff.

It's a good lineup, but I don't see any sign of these:

Aladdin the series
Pepper Ann
The Weekenders
Raw Toonage
The Shnookums and Meat Funny Cartoon Show
Marsupilami (1993)

The last 3 might never get on it at all sadly.

No Weekenders? Trust evaporating again.

Okay, maybe I'm being too hard on Disney. Tangled is wonderful, in all forms.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
No Steven Universe? Disappointing. I'm a couple seasons behind and the only place I can find to catch up is buying the episodes on YouTube or Amazon.

Aine

May 27, 2019
I'm pretty convinced that Disney still wants the world to forget that Shnookums and Meat existed.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Depends on if fox owns the streaming rights, which I would be shocked to learn they didn't. But it's possible the DBZ movies don't fit the Disney+ brand.
I just checked, none of the recent Dragon Ball movies are on Funimation Now. The only one on their database is Broly, but that's the digital version that's part of the Blu-Ray bundle.

Oct 27, 2017
All I want is Simpsons and Futurama and Bob's.

The Mandalorian as well, but for TV shows the above are all I really care about getting (eventually).

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
What is the status of all the old animated shorts (Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Donald, etc.) and Silly Symphony cartoons? Are those still tied up in legal issues or will we eventually get them?

Madds

Feb 2, 2018
Oh man the Goofy sports shorts are among my favourite cartoons ever.
Totally. And I have fond memories of a short where Goofy is pulling a camper with Mickey and Donald in it when the camper becomes unhitched. My childhood in a five minute short. I'm also hoping for the original Muppet Show from the 70s, but I don't think we'll ever get it.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Was looking through the movies that I knew would get my brother excited, one such that I didn't find was Under Wraps, the Disney Channel Original Movie Halloween movie with the mummy. Also, it seems that none (or few) of the pre-Disney Channel Original Movies movies (shown as part of The Magical World of Disney/The Wonderful World of Disney) are included. Some of these include two sequels to Angels in the Outfield (Angels in the Endzone and Angels in the Infield), The Garbage Picking Field Goal Kicking Philadelphia Phenomenon, The Tower of Terror (to coincide with the ride's opening), and lots, lots more. These, I believe aired on ABC. I don't know, however, if they were produced by Disney. If they weren't that could preclude them from showing up.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Walt_Disney_anthology_television_series_episodes)

There's also these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Disney_Channel_original_films. The second list below it, is of the Disney Channel Original Movies (first was Under Wraps in 1997). Again, like above, I don't know how many of these were actually produced by Disney.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Our world's about to break
Tormented and attacked
Lost from when we wake
With no way to go back
I'm standing on my own
But now I'm not alone
Avengers Assemble!

It was the show we needed to tease what the MCU could become in the wake of Avengers setting all types of records.

A Hollywood blockbuster franchise has become as ambitious as a comic book cartoon show, if not more so. What a time.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Really hoping Disney and Amazon can work things out so the Disnye+ app is on Fire TV.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
It's not the whole boatload, Disney will try to add shit slowly. The Afternoon and One Saturday Morning blocks aren't there.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Interesting that "The Watcher In The Woods" isn't on here. I didn't particularly like it when I saw it earlier this month, but it has a bit of a crazy backstory, three alternate endings, and has apparently been released on DVD somewhat recently despite being from 1980. I wonder if it's not on because of its quality, the fact it's 'technically' a horror movie, or some weird legal issue.

For people asking about the apparent absence of the Aladdin TV show, I'm beginning to think there's gotta be some sort of legal issue with it. It was never released as a box set alongside the other Disney Afternoon shows, and I think even the Little Mermaid eventually had a few episodes appear here and there as bonus features. You'd think they'd have released it by now if it were possible, especially with the live action film around.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Buzz on Maggie will never be acknowledged by Disney ever again, will it?

Nov 26, 2017
There surprisingly something big hidden Miracle on 34th Street (1947) is now label a "Disney's" Miracle on 34th Street (1947). It the only fox content label like that so far. And I'm surprised no one have pointed that out yet.