• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you planning to buy?

• I already have it preordered

Votes: 256 16.1%
  • I'll be buying day one or within the first few days

Votes: 201 12.6%
  • I'll be waiting to see how the community reacts

Votes: 305 19.1%
  • I'll buy only at a decent or deep discount

Votes: 343 21.5%
  • No desire to buy at any point

Votes: 582 36.5%

• Total voters

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Curious to see how many people had their minds changed either way after having played the beta over this past weekend.

As for me I was planning to buy it day one and I'll still be buying at release. I made a commitment to never pre-order again and haven't since. This one is hard to resist, not gonna lie.

So where do you stand now that you've played it?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Already in and happy with it. They need to sort the pop-in on PS4 Pro though, is a joke at times.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
The beta was a nightmare but it wasn't really needed to win me over, I loved the first one and I'm going to play it for sure.

Nov 14, 2017
I was actually given a beta code by a friend who didn't have the time to play it, and ended up not bothering even trying it. So, um, not really hyped at all.

If it turns out to be super lit then sure, why not tho.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I'm buying as soon as I get the urge to play. I loved The Division 1 and loved The Division 2's beta, but I'm playing so many other games right now that I'm not gonna touch The Division 2 if I buy it at launch (unless I miraculously convince all my friends to play which I'm then buying on launch and playing with them)

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It felt a lot like the first game, which I played a decent amount of, so I don't really see the point in getting it straight away, but I'll grab it when it's cheap.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After hundreds of hours on Div1 I already lost interest in the beta after 2 hours or so. Guess I'm going to pass.

Oct 28, 2017
I'll be waiting for the reviews, so chose community reaction as that was the closest option. It felt just like more of the same to me, which isn't necessarily a bad thing considering The Division is the game on my Steam list with the most time put into it, but it is disappointing as I was expecting more of an upgrade.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
At the end its more Division. If you like Division 1.8 you are gonna like this if you didnt like Division 1 you are not gonna like this.
For me i never enjoyed the gameplay of Division. Think the gunfights are not fun when it so grounded and overall i feel never in control of the game and the beta was the same.
So i think its never a buy for me.

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
After hundreds of hours on Div1 I already lost interest in the beta after 2 hours or so. Guess I'm going to pass.
Yeah I'm not gonna lie that I had a bit of this myself. But the more I played it, the more I realized that I'm down for more missions in this world. It's very, very similar obviously in many ways, but I think I'll be able to enjoy it a lot. Maybe not be as crazy in love like I was with the first, but I think I'll get another 50+ hours out of it at least.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Most likely won't get it at all, just like with Destiny 2. I feel like none of these games really get to the potential that I had in mind for a loot shooter.

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
Played for an hour and had zero fun. Just like with the first game. Combat, setting, narrative, nothing speaks to me. Graphics are nice, just like in the last one. Loot grind just isn't for me I guess. I want to learn and get better when playing something for dozens of hours. Just like in Diablo or Destiny, I expect this to feel the same, no matter if I play for 10 or 100 hours. Same loop, bigger numbers.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Will be playing Devil May Cry 5 so passing on this game, may pick it up if it turns out well when on sale in the fall.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah I'm not gonna lie that I had a bit of this myself. But the more I played it, the more I realized that I'm down for more missions in this world. It's very, very similar obviously in many ways, but I think I'll be able to enjoy it a lot. Maybe not be as crazy in love like I was with the first, but I think I'll get another 50+ hours out of it at least.
I'm actually pretty bummed that I lost interest that fast. Was really looking forward to it, but what I played was nothing special.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I enjoyed the first one, but a lot of that had to do with it's atmosphere and the snowy setting. Why on earth they decided to move from that to this super-generic looking setting is still baffling to me.

So now it's most likely going to be a wait and see and even then it'll be at a discount down the road if I do end up deciding to.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I'm leaning toward not buying at all, but maaaybe I'll get it when it's deeply discounted. Maybe. I doubt it. I might play it if it's added to Game Pass, but again, I'm not sure. I love the base gameplay, as I also did in the first game, but the amount of repetitive content in these games is soul-crushing (for playing solo, at least), and the bullet sponges are still too much for me, from what I've played. I absolutely hate the Dark Zone, and without venturing there, it's probably going to be hard getting good enough weapons for dealing with more resistant enemies.

DigitalT

Oct 27, 2017
Me and two friends played for a total of 2 hours and dropped the beta completely. After the Anthem beta, this one was just bland in comparison.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Tons of folks in my gaming WhatsApp groups are extremely happy with the private beta and are getting the game at launch.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Had no intention of buying the game till the first game was given out in PS+ last month. Got hooked and pre-ordered the 2nd.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I'll buy it, I still find the city free roaming boring but the missions are a lot of fun even with randoms

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Got 20 hrs on the beta and ill bet ill have over 100 on the game once its out, just like the first one

Pre-ordered

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Had no intention of buying the game till the first game was given out in PS+ last month. Got hooked and pre-ordered the 2nd.
It's funny you mention that. With the first game, I had NO desire to buy it. I just really didn't think it would appeal to me. But my core group of friends all decided to get it and I reluctantly joined them. We had an absolute blast even in the early first few months when the game was a tad rougher than it is today.

It looked okay, seemed like it would be so-so but I had no idea how hooked I'd get after only a few hours. It was crazy. I was very prepared to quit shortly after. I was very wrong.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Don`t really feel like buying it.
I was hyped when I played the beta for the first game and enjoyed the final release for a while but got fed up with it eventually. That feeling carried over while I was playing the Division 2-beta, the game just feels like more of the same...which is completely fine...if you like the first game.
But I think it`s a solid shooter with nice graphics and art design.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait to see what Bungie will do for their next season in D2 but if it's not that interesting I'll get The Division 2. I really liked the beta!

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
Had a great time with the beta but me and my friends are gonna buy Anthem first and there is no way we're going to be able to play both at the same time. So we'll probably dive into the Division 2 later this year.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Macrostyle is not so hot on the game and I used to watch his d1 videos, I liked the beta but I don't want to buy a game if the community is not into it, we'll see.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I had some game-breaking issues with rebinding keys on PC so I'll be waiting to see if those are addressed before jumping it. The beta didn't exactly turn my world upside down either so there's no way this is a day 1 for me right now.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Definitely excited for it, will be keeping my pre order. The game seems very meaty and I love that it's actually an open world game unlike Destiny or Anthem. Never really liked instances as they make the game feel disconnected for me.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I put nearly 100 hours and got the Platinum in the first game so I'll probably pick up 2.

The pop-in of textures was really bad on PS4 though. I think I'll wait to see if they improve that for the public beta or launch. If they don't I'll wait for a sale.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I may take this if Anthem ends up being a big disappointment. I didn't play the first one, so that's an advantage. What I saw was ok, even if a bit too standard in term of variety.

Wait and see !

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I knew I was going to buy it day 1 as I absolutely loved the previous game, but the beta has convinced me to preorder right now.

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Macrostyle is not so hot on the game and I used to watch his d1 videos, I liked the beta but I don't want to buy a game if the community is not into it, we'll see.
I know there was a lot of talk about Marco early on but it seems he's not into anything right now... gaming-wise. It's a shame, his vids were so nice to watch when new stuff came out in TD1. Hope he gets on board at some point, but I can't blame him if he doesn't. I'd be so burnt out doing what those guys do to produce content.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I was more excited for the game before i played the beta now i have little to no interest in it. The game felt, i dunno, old. Like, Division 1 instead of Division 2 and i had this same feeling with Destiny to Destiny 2 and i won't make that mistake twice.

Some of my friends REALLY enjoyed it though.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up not playing the beta at all because Apex Legends came out. Which makes me wonder if that was EA's plan with that release date.

I'm definitely going to pick it up on PC, not at launch though.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I liked The Division well enough. Not enough to be served the exact same game (3 years later !), but devoid of atmosphere this time though.

Won't be picking this one up I'm afraid.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
I get it for free because I bought an AMD card. I loved the first one and after playing the beta I know I'll enjoy this one just as much.

The beta did crash on me repeatedly during the final mission which is annoying, but it's a beta so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I was going to pre order with Xbox rewards credit but after playing the X1X version I felt it was more of a dlc and not worth £60 so instead I got it on PC for £32.
Its a good solid loot shooter but Anthem Is due soon.

Psoelberg

Oct 26, 2017
The more I played the beta, the more I realized what I loved about the first one: the exploration and the amazing atmosphere of wandering a snow-covered New York in post-apocalyptic Christmas time. Division2 just doesn't provide the same kind of atmosphere that makes we want to slowly explore the entire world. And this is really what grabbed me in Division1. This doesn't make Division2 a bad game in any sense - it's still doing a lot of great stuff. Not just the stuff that pulled me in.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Pre-ordered and happy with it honestly. I enjoyed1.0 division and really liked 1.8 division and I liked what I experienced.

I enjoyed it more than Anthem.