• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you planning to buy?

• I already have it preordered

Votes: 256 16.1%
  • I'll be buying day one or within the first few days

Votes: 201 12.6%
  • I'll be waiting to see how the community reacts

Votes: 305 19.1%
  • I'll buy only at a decent or deep discount

Votes: 343 21.5%
  • No desire to buy at any point

Votes: 582 36.5%

• Total voters

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
I already have the game pre-ordered.

I find it funny that people feels like this is more of the same (hyperbole at its finest). I have over 1000 hours in the first game, trust me when I say that TD2 changes up a lot of things, many for the better (the biggest game changer for me is the normalization in the DZ).

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
I am convinced DC in Division 2 promotional materials stands for disconnect. The beta was simply frustrating to play!
The gameplay was not that different than Ghost recon, which we are already tired of.

I'll wait for a discount, or skip it. I still plan to get Far cry though, different perspective gunplay.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
So as much as I enjoyed playing this weekend, the most this beta has done was inspire me to go back and give division 1 the time I need to finally finish the campaign.

- Bullet sponge humans just don't work for me

- the UI is still a mess and I need a magnifying glass to read some things. (Never has a game made me get up off the couch multiple times to squint my eyes and read instructions)

- it was fun because I'm caught up in Destiny, Anthem isn't out yet and I suck at Apex Legends.

I'm just not interested in this Games world at all, I love NYC but I hate DC. It was a fun weekend but I would never buy it at launch. Will play when it becomes free with EA Access.

There are things I do enjoy about it.

- A matchmaking system that all looter shooter games should follow

- as mentioned above the ability to share gear and wear multiple items of the highest quality year gear.

-crafting items

-upgradinf and evolving bases

Mud

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
Buy. Didnt even need to play all that much. Division is a great franchise with lots of support.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Easy pass. It made me wonder how I even enjoyed the first one.

Just more bullet sponge enemies in mediocre missions with no real excitement. I honestly just get impatient and bored at how long it takes to kill and enemy.

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
I think with the release of Apex taking me by surprise and the fact I have Origin Premium (Anthem.........) I will be giving it a miss.

The beta / demo didn't do anything as such to put me off but it certainly didn't blow me away.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
I would buy it on release if my backlog wasn't so huge. I originally had little interest in this and in Anthem, then tried both the betas and this wins hands down, Anthem was just a disaster, mainly from a control scheme stand point but the gameplay wasn't much better. In contrast, Division 2 ran like a dream, I don't even know if I encountered some of the sound bugs that were rampant as I didn't notice. The controls are also on another level compared to Anthem (speaking mouse+keyboard).
So currently, since both games are the same genre, Division 2 wins by a landmile but I'll be observing both and decide based on reception and my time to play this kind of game.

edit: I'm a bit surprised about the claims of bullet sponginess. From what I played, the only spongy enemies were bosses for as long as they had armor on. Once the armor fell they didn't last and quickly died. Did I miss something? But again, I didn't play the end game mission so don't know how that is balanced.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
It depends on Anthem honestly

Yeah, same here. But Anthem looks more exciting on the fase of it. I played the first Divison for 50 hours and it was ok, but it was not memorable at all, the enemies are boring, the locations are generic and RPG or not it still doesn't feel right pumping 200 bullets into a human enemey's head and them still coming at you.

I just hope Anthem is good, but 'I'll be waiting to see how the community reacts' with that as well, because I'm not convinced by what I've seen or played. The Division 2 does not excite me at the moment and will either pick it up if it gets amazingly recieved or will pick it up later at a cut price.

IMO there is a huge gap in the market for a top tier looter shooter. Destiny 1/2 and The Division 1 (Destiny 1 was pretty good once iot got going) have not hit those heights and nothing has in the genre since Borderlands 2 IMO.... Bring on Borderlands 3.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm waiting to see if any of my friends are going to buy it.

I loved Division 1, and had a lot of fun with the story... but then I just stopped because I didn't know anyone else playing.

NikkiNailZ

Oct 27, 2017
Pre-ordered it after playing the Anthem beta. After playing the beta this weekend i have zero regrets.

The main missions and side missions were nice and there was a lot of stuff to do. The DZ felt a bit weird, it was very easy to shoot unsuspecting players in the back and get away with it. Seems a bit cheap.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tried it on the X, felt super clunky and unresponsive. Tried it on PC and loved it. Felt like a different game control wise. So much more responsive.

Not getting a launch as I'll be playing Anthem but I'll get it sometime in the Summer.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Had if pre-ordered but I'm cancelling. The cover shooting gameplay with bullet spongy enemies just doesn't interest me anymore. That and the setting is realistic enough that it makes it feel boring.

To be fair, it was a long shot anyway as I got locked out of division 1 for 6 weeks due to the backpack bug and Ubi did nothing but give me 200 Phoenix creds when all I wanted was a refund.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Within days if release. Had a lot of fun in the beta and put a stupid amount if hours into the first one with my boy.

Neolombax

Nov 28, 2018
Both Division 2 and Anthem, I plan to give it a week or two after release to see how the community reacts to it. I trust by 2 weeks, the honeymoon period would be somewhat over and people become more critical of the game

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the "bullet sponginess" complaint. TTK is significantly reduced from the previous game.
Shooting multiple magazines into near modern day human targets, even with the premise that they are heavily armored make the weapons feel like pea shooters. For me it's a setting issue, if they weren't modern day humans I wouldn't find it as much of an issue

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
I found the private beta to be quite fun. The game has serious potential. Hope they iron out the screen tear issues as it's galore in the Pro version. Apparently even Digital Foundry folks ran into v sync issues on the pro version. Also is it me or is the game in general lacking a certain sense of smoothness to the animation and overall look and feel? Like I feel the character movement still needs a few more frames to make his movement and shooting all feel smooth.

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017
So as much as I enjoyed playing this weekend, the most this beta has done was inspire me to go back and give division 1 the time I need to finally finish the campaign.

- Bullet sponge humans just don't work for me

- the UI is still a mess and I need a magnifying glass to read some things. (Never has a game made me get up off the couch multiple times to squint my eyes and read instructions)

- it was fun because I'm caught up in Destiny, Anthem isn't out yet and I suck at Apex Legends.

I'm just not interested in this Games world at all, I love NYC but I hate DC. It was a fun weekend but I would never buy it at launch. Will play when it becomes free with EA Access.

There are things I do enjoy about it.

- A matchmaking system that all looter shooter games should follow

- as mentioned above the ability to share gear and wear multiple items of the highest quality year gear.

-crafting items

-upgradinf and evolving bases
You can customise the UI. You can also customise subtitle size. instructions in missions are tied to the in-game radar.
Overall, it's solid and I'll be protein soon. Good atmosphere in the DZ.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
This was not my experience during the beta at all, we must have been playing different games.
Guess you must have gotten much better guns than I did for those group missions then. Purple and yellow bars were a pain to fight, tho I will concede the purples were a bit better than in division 1

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
I pre-ordered to get into the beta. It's exactly what I thought it was going to be... more of the first game. Which is what I wanted anyway as I really enjoyed the original game.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
You can customise the UI. You can also customise subtitle size. instructions in missions are tied to the in-game radar.
Overall, it's solid and I'll be protein soon. Good atmosphere in the DZ.
Yes you can customize the size, and I had it on large fonts, still doesn't change the fact I had to get up and squint into the tiny font on the bottom right hand of the screen to see what I had to press to confirm matchmaking into a group.

Riderz1337

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I was going to play the beta a lot but I stopped after about 30 minutes.

It was just such a bland open world. I get it's supposed to be after a major virus or some shit but I wasn't a fan. Also the game had a ton of graphics glitches. Every corner something wouldn't load and it looked like some polygon shit you see in a ps2 game

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
I have it preordered, but I'm not as hyped for it as I thought I would be. It's essentially Division 1.5. Which is fine in the grand scheme of things I guess. Idk, my friends and I had more fun playing the Anthem demo. I think the time to kill on the enemies and the cover to cover stuff just got super dull. Also enemies just spawning randomly behind you and coming out of closets got annoying super fast.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Only reason I won't get it at launch is because I know Ubisoft will discount the gold edition in a month while not also discounting the season pass.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i thought the beta was great. but if you don't like the Division or you're burnt out it's not going to make you a convert

pretty much an improvement all around. though, and it could be me, seems like the missions are more bespoke to squad based combat so i have a feeling it won't be as fun to rough it out solo this time. maybe that'll improve with the drone/turret/other abilities unlocked

but yeah, seems to be a whole lot of "game" here . not second guessing my pre-order at all

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-ordered shortly after playing the beta. It looks like a good time.

Only reason I won't get it at launch is because I know Ubisoft will discount the gold edition in a month while not also discounting the season pass.

The season pass seems kinda pointless though. The DLC will be free and all it does is give you a week early access, right?

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't realise it was out, was too busy playing Apex. Was thinking about picking up either Division 2 or Anthem at launch but now probs neither.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
I know there was a lot of talk about Marco early on but it seems he's not into anything right now... gaming-wise. It's a shame, his vids were so nice to watch when new stuff came out in TD1. Hope he gets on board at some point, but I can't blame him if he doesn't. I'd be so burnt out doing what those guys do to produce content.
Well idk any big the division youtubers so his impression was the only thing I've heard so far

DomsPlaying

Oct 25, 2017
NJ & NYC
Had it pre-ordered before, keeping it after. While I'm not as crazy hyped as some, and don't think it does anything revolutionary compared to the original, it's still going to be fun to team up and play its endgame missions and Dark Zone in particular.

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Played the beta and really enjoyed it, I loved Division 1. But I'll either wait for a discount or see if some of my friends pick it up first.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna get it ASAP. The world they created is interesting and I want to see more of it. The beta started off right for me, plus I like exploring and finding loot. The addition of control points and more places to aid, plus the random patrols you can support/protect (even giving items they need to fix stuff, like a screwdriver that you would otherwise mindlessly sell) flesh it out a lot more.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

It would be unconscionable for me to buy it after that awful demo.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Day one. I like the core gameplay loop. I like the grind. I like knowing everyone will have Y1 DLC.

Hoping Massive/Ubi support this even better than they supported TD1. If a bleh game like Wildlands can get a Y2 roadmap, then TD2 should too.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im going with Anthem through Premier for a bit and I just bought the first Division today on the Steam sale.

So not for quite a while.

audio_delay

Oct 27, 2017
The only fun I had was the lvl30 character challenge thing. The rest of the beta felt like a carry on. Actually, I might just skip this title.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I was already looking to pick it up around launch after being disappointed in the Anthem beta. Now that I've spent some time with The Division beta I've bumped it up to a day 1 purchase, it's more of The Division but I'm okay with that.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember playing the Div1 demo / beta, and enjoying it, but for some reason never got round to buying it (think it was the DZ that put me off), played this one and actually had less fun playing it, so probably not, but I'll see what the reception is before making a hard choice.