• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you planning to buy?

• I already have it preordered

Votes: 256 16.1%
  • I'll be buying day one or within the first few days

Votes: 201 12.6%
  • I'll be waiting to see how the community reacts

Votes: 305 19.1%
  • I'll buy only at a decent or deep discount

Votes: 343 21.5%
  • No desire to buy at any point

Votes: 582 36.5%

• Total voters

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
The beta fun kinda fun, but I don't see myself grinding in this game for months to come. The shooting is sufficient àt best for a third person shooter. Anthem was a disappointment and now in going to skip this as well. Going to stick with Destiny for now.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Beta was fun but I'm waiting to see how it plays out. These never ending GaaS titles just made me very cautious going forward because of Destiny.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
The combat and overall mechanics are really repetitive, highlighted by the Endgame mission, which was somewhat fun (because it was challenging), but basically the same thing as normal missions. I feel like I've seen everything this game has to offer in 2-3h of the Beta.

Without strong worldbuilding, characters or narrative to fall back on (these elements are practically non-existent), there's nothing to entice me to play the game.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
I've got the gold steelbook edition preorder, so I guess I'll be there day -3 or whatever. If the game is still a technical mess though, I'll probably drop it after a week and revisit it in a few years.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I did not enjoy the beta. Performance was rough, lots of tearing, ridiculous texture pop-in, shooting felt looser than the first game, and the wonderful atmosphere of the first was stripped away. I'll probably check it out down the line since I still enjoy the loot loop and clearing out the city but not until it's real cheap

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
The beta felt repetitive, but it was fun (the guns felt kinda weird to me but I'm also bad with shooters so yeah). My main gripe is the aesthetic, not because it's bad, but it's just not my thing (I have a very hard time playing games set in such moments/places). I will probably wait for a discount or something, I would love to try it as the full game.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
I found Anthem to be the more enjoyable game. Combat and movement are more exciting, and visuals are better. Division 2 didn't seem like much improved from the first title, and I found the atmosphere of 2 was much less engrossing.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I'm most definitely going to pick it up. I need something I can just jump into and not have to sweat my ass off.

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
TBH I decided to go with Anthem as my loot-shooter despite loving the Division 1 (and 2). I just don't have time for 2 games like this. I will probably jump into the Division end of the year when there is some "definitive" version.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
I really liked the first game and still don't see anything in 2 that couldn't have been an expansion.

I've heard things like "an opportunity to explore more open areas" but they could've used Central Park for this.

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At the end its more Division. If you like Division 1.8 you are gonna like this if you didnt like Division 1 you are not gonna like this.
For me i never enjoyed the gameplay of Division. Think the gunfights are not fun when it so grounded and overall i feel never in control of the game and the beta was the same.
So i think its never a buy for me.
Same. The shooting never felt satisfying to me, unlike the way Destiny's shooting feels so good. Hard pass.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
It felt like a step backwards from the first game in a lot of ways. Maybe if I wasn't in love with Anthem I'd be giving division 2 a shot. The shoddy feeling of the demo definitely didn't help.

Oct 26, 2017
Might get it eventually and I didn't expect to say that at all. The beta turned out to be quite fun with friends. But I never bought the first game, so it's possible a lot of this was in the first one too. But the big difference here is that the enemies aren't bullet sponges.

daevv

Oct 27, 2017
I never buy a game new/day one anymore. At $80 plus tax here in Canada it's better for me to play my backlog while waiting for the usual three month discount to take effect. Especially with a Ubisoft game. I loved the first Division but didn't play it for almost a year after release.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Pass. The change in scenery made it abundantly clear to me that they've designed the open world as nothing but large corridors with assets thrown about nonsensically to make things cluttered. Exploration was just wandering through the equivalent of long hallways with a sky-like ceiling. The snowy aesthetic in the first game hid this.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
My stance didn't change, I'll get it but just not at launch. Unless I'm "forced" to, if the crew I played the first game with buys it at launch. I did buy the first game at launch and had a blast (200 hours played), the sequel is just bit too soon for me.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Got the beta for watching IX so decided to try it out, had zero interest before

Now my interest is negative. Didnt like what ive played one bit

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
Pass, I can't stand shooting enemies (Bosses) 15 times in the face at close range and nothing happens.

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
It would be better if they made it as launch game for PS5/next xbox next year(cross gen even)

Liam1884

Oct 30, 2017
The combat and overall mechanics are really repetitive, highlighted by the Endgame mission, which was somewhat fun (because it was challenging), but basically the same thing as normal missions. I feel like I've seen everything this game has to offer in 2-3h of the Beta.

Without strong worldbuilding, characters or narrative to fall back on (these elements are practically non-existent), there's nothing to entice me to play the game.

You saw two main missions. How on earth can you say those elements are non-existent when we saw so little of the campaign?

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed the beta but I don't know if/when I'll buy it. Its sandwiched between DMC5/Sekiro and none of my friends seem interested. It'll probably depend on how long it takes to get through DMC.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
I had issues with the beta, but it was good enough that I'll eventually get the game when it's not full price.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
I think I have a lot of the same issues as others here, I just don't see how to slot this game in next month when A: I am already playing plenty of games and B: Several new games like Sekiro are coming and those take precedence.

I played roughly 50 hours of the first game and enjoyed the co-op and dumb as shit nonsensical story so I kind of want to see where they go with it. Even completely understanding just how bad some of the premises are, I can turn that part of the brain off for a while because taking a control point solo with a sniper and an lmg was exciting.

But I got Division 1 gold for like $20 total so I will probably wait

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have too many games to play and I'm not currently looking for a major service-shooter to keep me busy. Apex Legends already filled that role for a while probably. I enjoyed the first game a lot though so I will definitely pick it up when it's half off or so.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Already preordered. Looks far and above anything that Anthem was providing. I love the boots on the ground shooter action rpg and the atmosphere. They essentially improved upon an already solid formula. Very fun with friends and even solo play, lots to explore and tinker around with! Highly rewarding. Can't wait for launch.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Technical issues aside the beta seemed fun. The environment is nowhere near as interesting visually as the first game though. I'll probably pick this up after a few months.

Mallaboo

Nov 2, 2017
I played the beta on ps4 pro and the textures not loading was a massive problem as it made the game look like a ps2 game at times. I'm not liking the new location and atmosphere of D2, the first games location and atmosphere beats it hand down. Gonna put this game on my wait and see list and purchase at a discounted price.

Olrac

Oct 26, 2017
California
The beta (PC) was good enough for me to pre-order. Since I have at least two brothers who will join me, I decided to jump in. If I didn't have others that I knew would play with me, I might have skipped over it.

Deleted member 14663

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had a great time with this beta, but I haven't played the first game so I just bought it on sale for 9 euro with all DLC. I will buy the second later on at a discounted price too. So much advantages for waiting a while to buy!

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Wasn't lucky enough to play it but after reading and watching how samey it is to part one I'm not getting it day one. Mostly because anthem come out next week so won't have time. I did enjoy the 1st one so if it wasn't for anthem I would jump on it. Playing 2 of these games are hard enough (destiny and anthem for me) just can't do a 3rd.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Due to being busy this weekend I barely got a chance to play it. That said over 70 people on my friends list were playing it late Saturday night. So I think in my case it is a no brainer.

dDASTARDLY

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately no, I already put my ball in the Anthem court so hopefully I bet on the right game.

Division 2 just doesn't look as interesting as Div 1 did to me anyway.

Elementje

Dec 26, 2017
I''m a huge fan of The Division but I'm a little in doubt to get this one after playing the beta. The game plays almost the same with some small changes and the upcoming Raids I look forward too. But I just don't seem to like this setting too much... I really prefer the desolated snowy city with barely any survivors around a lot more. It felt more menacing with danger around every corner because you were all alone (or with a few buddies). In The Division 2 you run around in a huge junkyard where there are patrols and camps everywhere. I don't feel the tension anymore...
So yeah I don't know. Probably wait till I hear more stuff about the raids and probably pick it up when there is a bundle with dlc. Till then I'll just keep listening to my footsteps on the snowy roads.

I see people compare it with Anthem a lot but I think The Division 2 would be an a lot safer bet. Ubisoft has shown they really support this series with a lot of development and content. I doubt EA will to the same if Anthem doesn't do that well by launch.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Hard pass from me. Felt more like an expansion to the first game more than anything, and I didn't like the first game.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Division is more of a "live services" game and doesn't tell a story in the same way as Uncharted does.

The Division has an extensive story. It's not told in a cinematic way like Uncharted, but The Division 2 will have a continuation of the story, just like those games, as well as a ton of changes, far more than those games.

If The Division 2 is an expansion, so is any other same gen sequel.

Oct 17, 2018
Not gonna get unless it gets massively discounted or a big update. When I played the beta it felt like the most generic shoot and loot game ever.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
Feels very samey to Division 1, I would probably need more significant changes to the formula to be back on board. But for everyone looking for more Division, this is the real deal. The core is still super solid.