• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you planning to buy?

• I already have it preordered

Votes: 256 16.1%
  • I'll be buying day one or within the first few days

Votes: 201 12.6%
  • I'll be waiting to see how the community reacts

Votes: 305 19.1%
  • I'll buy only at a decent or deep discount

Votes: 343 21.5%
  • No desire to buy at any point

Votes: 582 36.5%

• Total voters

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
I was pretty certain that it wasn't for me, after being burnt out and bored of D1. Played the D2 beta, and yep I was right. I may buy it if/when it goes on deep deep discount, and if there's nothing else worthwhile out at that time, otherwise I won't bother. Anthem will probably be the only game I buy, until Fallen Order is out hopefully before the end of the year.

Alcohog

Apr 18, 2018
The last Ubisoft game I bought was Assassin's Creed 3. They still haven't changed their ways, I honestly wish they would close so their talent would be better utilized under more competent leadership somewhere else.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
Really depends how into Anthem I am. Also, releases near some other games I'm interested.

I think even if I don't jump on it immediately that I'll get to it eventually.

TooLive

Jan 28, 2019
Funny... I've become so spoiled with Gamepass /EA Access that actually purchasing a game now is a big deal. I used to pre-order/buy lots of games but now I'm not so quick to make a purchase. I've already pre-ordered Anthem and I feel like that maybe enough for now. Never really thought about this until now. Hmm, strange.....

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't feel a bit enough change from Division 1 for me to want to play on launch. Its a change of scenery, a more overall dull change, winter in NYC felt more immersive.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I never played the first game outside of it's beta but did enjoy my time exploring and using different weapons in this public beta. I'm looking for a new looter shooter after playing Destiny 2 for so long and Anthem's demo didn't satisfy. This looks interesting enough that I think I'll keep my pre-order. The Black Tusk combatants were a challenge and I'm looking forward to the end-game. If anything it'll fill out the content drought with Destiny 2 being my main game right now.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the first game and it looks like they are adding a lot more endgame content so ill probably be there pretty early on. I wanted Anthem to he my loot shooter but fuck I'm iffy about that one

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Funny how people are so down on this, I feel that D1 (and this) are Ubisoft's strongest games.
Agreed. Plus seeing everything that is gonna be in D2 at launch has me excited. The beta was a little slice of the game and I felt like there was so much to do. I can't wait to be able to run around the whole map. I feel like this is gonna be the first game of it's type to have a good amount of content at launch.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Funny how people are so down on this, I feel that D1 (and this) are Ubisoft's strongest games.
Era's relationship with Ubi games is usually pretty hilarious. Almost exclusively down on them pre-release, then a month after release we'll see three threads a day about people talking about how good it is

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I played mostly everything except the DZ on Saturday and Sunday and it was pretty good action, but seeing the progression and Ubi map icons just make my eyes glaze over. The environments seem a lot less interesting this time around also. I'm going to wait for reviews, or maybe I'll just play it when it hits Game Pass.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
It's an ERA thing. Similarly, Anthem is very popular here despite being generally disfavored among the masses.
Agreed. Plus seeing everything that is gonna be in D2 at launch has me excited. The beta was a little slice of the game and I felt like there was so much to do. I can't wait to be able to run around the whole map. I feel like this is gonna be the first game of it's type to have a good amount of content at launch.
Era's relationship with Ubi games is usually pretty hilarious. Almost exclusively down on them pre-release, then a month after release we'll see three threads a day about people talking about how good it is

Dopeness, glad that I'm not alone in this then. I've said it before, but I spent a STUPID amount of hours on the first Division with a friend of mine. We only got to play a day or so together on this Beta, but we...are....hyped.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
It doesn't feel different to the first game. Should have just made it and expansion or a new season or something.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
I love Div1, but I'll probably be downgrading my Gold Edition preorder to regular... Or maybe holding off til later cause of Anthem and Apex.

I enjoyed it, but aside from some refinements, and QOL improvements, there's not much else to counter the burnout I have from the first game.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed it, but in a lot of aspects it doesn't feel as coherent as the first did, I also played the beta a lot but nowhere near as religiously as I did the first games Beta.

I've got it pre-ordered as I had to for the beta code, but I really hope they do an open beta. The friend I played the first with didn't get w chance to jump on and we had an amazing time in the first. So if there's an open beta and he's hapoy then we'll probably both get it again.

sheepysheep

Nov 19, 2018
The game was more polished than Anthem but Anthem felt more interesting to me. I'd rather play Apex Legends over both at this point. Pass on Division 2, maybe Anthem when it's on sale.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Tough call. I was way more engaged with it and had way few game-breaking issues compared to Anthem (actually, beside some connection problems the first few hours, this beta was butter smooth for me), but it doesn't feel like much of an evolution from the first game. I like the core execution and gunplay of Div 2 way more than Anthem, but Anthem has a far more interesting setting built. I'm really torn on this.
I'll probably end up playing both when it's all said and done.

Arih

Jan 19, 2018
I enjoyed the first one but that's enough for me. These kind of games (which i love) imo dont really work with a realistic setting. The enemies are all the same, it gets boring after some time.

If Anthem doesnt work for me, ill have to wait for the next looter shooter.

Spence

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I really enjoyed the first one and I liked the gameplay videos even before the beta so I already had this preordered at a cheaper than full pricepoint. The beta while a bit buggy made me feel I made the right call.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably going to wait for a decent/good discount, as well as for the game to get some nice content updates as well as patches.

It's definitely a game that I want to play later down the line.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Buying day 1. Dark Zone is just as fun as it was in the first game, had a blast with my friends the last few days.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Since others in this thread are comparing Anthem with Division 2, I have to say I find the world much more interesting in Division 2 than Anthem. I love the overgrown vegetation in DC, I think it looks so cool. Plus it's awesome seeing buildings and landmarks you recognize. Obviously people have different opinions, and I'm more tied to the DC setting being an American. But yeah, the setting of Anthem did nothing for me.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
Not getting it until reviews hit, probably at steep discount even then. I'm always worried about the writing quality in "modern day" ubisoft games (some turn out ok, some not so much)

Apr 8, 2018
What I've played of the beta was just ok. It felt very much like the Division 1. While not necessarily a bad thing, I just figured the D2 would try and make itself standout from the first in ways other than the setting/story.

None of my friends seem interested in the game either, so I'll probably pick this up on sale in the future.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably have to pick this one up at some point, for the eerily-detailed representation of DC if nothing else.

But it's an Ubisoft game. In a year it'll be $9.99 and I'll buy it then, lol.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Started up the demo yesterday. Played for like 20mins and got the feeling of "I know where this is going..." and stopped playing right there. I also feel that the game felt way too similar to the Division 1 to even warrant a sequel. Could have been a new season similar to Ubisoft's other titles in my opinion. Definitely not a day one purchase for me, but I may reconsider after the community reception.

Oct 27, 2017
Alameda, CA
Might snatch it at a discount later if friends are playing it.

It feels like a big improvement over Div1, which I played at launch for 2 months or so and didn't come back after they "fixed" everything. Love the UI and inventory management, but the endgame sample was kinda meh for me. Also have a hard time getting into the militaristic setting. Much prefer space magic to military industrial complex fantasy.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
supposed to get D2 free for getting new pc with amd cpu. redeemed the code but havent got the game key yet.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feels and plays pretty much the same as The Division 1. The setting carried the first game since the story is meaningless crap... but the sequel's setting doesn't intrigue me near as much. But even if all that was fine, I wouldn't touch this game until they overhaul this UI because it's just total nonsense compared to the first game's.

So yeah, DEEEEEEP discount. Or never. Another survival like mode might get me interested though.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 for me

I will always have a deep rooted love for third person shooters, and they haven't been as common lately

Mechanically, it's even tighter than it's predecessors, and I still find the gunplay to be quite satisfying

The promise of free expansions also sealed the deal for me. TD1's paid DLC was junk, so I'm glad they're taking this approach with post-launch content

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Agree with this, 100%... Especially once people realize Anthem has no real endgame and everyone is just speed running the same dungeon over and over because bosses don't have unique boss loot.

It doesn't feel different to the first game. Should have just made it and expansion or a new season or something.
I get so tired of hearing this shit... You want the sequel to look, feel and play like an entirely different game?

Especially when The Division 1 broke company records, including highest number of first-day sales, and became the company's best-selling game. The Division also broke the industry record for biggest first-week launch for a new game franchise.

I swear it's becoming meme that applying white texture to your assets somehow makes your game superior in graphics and gameplay to rest.
Seriously, I don't get it either... Especially when there really wasn't that much snow in the main world.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
Feels and plays pretty much the same as The Division 1. The setting carried the first game since the story is meaningless crap... but the sequel's setting doesn't intrigue me near as much. But even if all that was fine, I wouldn't touch this game until they overhaul this UI because it's just total nonsense compared to the first game's.

So yeah, DEEEEEEP discount. Or never. Another survival like mode might get me interested though.

I completely agree. This is Division 1 with a different setting, I'm sure there are differences somewhere but I'm having a hard time seeing how they affect gameplay at all.

Also the UI is one of the worst that have come to gaming since Anthem's.

The story really is throwaway.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Opted for the "I'll buy it at a decent or deep discount" option simply because the missus and I have only just recently started playing through The Division so we won't be buying it until we've well and truly finished with that game. We've been having a lot of fun with it for sure. The co-op just works so flawlessly on the PS4. Love it.

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY
I really liked what I played. I played a lot of The Division 1 but always wanted to go back because I love the NY setting. I did enjoy D2 here but I regret not playing more of the first game because that's the setting I wanted. Overall, I think I am leaning towards getting it.

CheeseWraith

Oct 28, 2017
Tried the demo, it did nothing for me aside from making me want to play some Division Survival for the better atmosphere. I kinda hoped they would expand the original with more NYC, snow and story.

nickfrancis86

Nov 10, 2017
I enjoyed it more than Anthem from a gameplay perspective. However, I just don't feel that the endgame will appeal to me at all.

Destiny is still the one for me from a GaaS perspective, with the odd single player here and there. And Apex Legends more than satisfies my PvP itch.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
My pal and I are looking to play something besides Destiny 2 for a while. We both have Division 2 pre-ordered and are pretty hyped for its launch. Even if the end game doesn't keep us, I think it'll be a nice, long and enjoyable campaign for us to conquer.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Will pre-order as soon as possible.

Working on the final shield in Division 1 and as soon as I am done I will be ready to leave Manhattan behind:

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I got it preordered even before the beta went live. I was a big fan of Division 1 back then, and liked the trailers and gameplay vids leading up to the beta. What little I did play of the beta only made me keep my preorder.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Having put over 200 hours into Division 1 before I dropped it, I will definitely be picking this up but perhaps a little after launch since it looks like Apex Legends will be taking up most of my time.

wrongway

Oct 27, 2017
I wanted to like this a lot, so much so that I was just assuming I'd be picking it up next month, but the beta didn't really stick with me. I think it's clearly a good game, and I did put a decent chunk of time into it, I just never actually felt compelled to keep playing. Guess the series just isn't for me. :(

Glad that it seems like a real solid title for fans though!

lol at that gif ^

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Any other DC people play the beta? I've been thinking about jumping in just to see how they captured the city (or if they got far enough north to model my block).

Oddhouse

Oct 31, 2017
Ironic that there are more people in this thread saying they prefer Anthem than in the Anthem demo thread - which seemed to be full of a lot of hate for Anthem.

I worry that Era is being taken over by trolls.

If you go on the Metro Exodus thread everybody is just hating it because of the Epic store deal.

Why can't we just debate the OP like we all used to ?