• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you planning to buy?

• I already have it preordered

Votes: 256 16.1%
  • I'll be buying day one or within the first few days

Votes: 201 12.6%
  • I'll be waiting to see how the community reacts

Votes: 305 19.1%
  • I'll buy only at a decent or deep discount

Votes: 343 21.5%
  • No desire to buy at any point

Votes: 582 36.5%

• Total voters

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Agree with this, 100%... Especially once people realize Anthem has no real endgame and everyone is just speed running the same dungeon over and over because bosses don't have unique boss loot.

I get so tired of hearing this shit... You want the sequel to look, feel and play like an entirely different game?

Especially when The Division 1 broke company records, including highest number of first-day sales, and became the company's best-selling game. The Division also broke the industry record for biggest first-week launch for a new game franchise.

Seriously, I don't get it either... Especially when there really wasn't that much snow in the main world.

No I don't think there should be a sequel at all. It should just be a game that evolves over time.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Day 1 for me.

I loved The Division 1, had a ridiculous amount of time put into it.

I like most of the changes Massive has made (except for the grenade spam), and I believe they've learnt hard lessons with how they evolved the original over the years.

I was split between this and Anthem, since I just don't have enough time for two huge time sinkers like this, but after playing both, TD2 stands out the most for my taste.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I already had it preordered before trying out the beta. After the game pass brought back for a limited time, I really found myself getting invested in the game. As for the sequel, the beta was fun, but only played up to the part where you save the group leader's daughter since I didn't want to go too far in. Can't wait for the full game next month.

Piscus

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't feel a bit enough change from Division 1 for me to want to play on launch. Its a change of scenery, a more overall dull change, winter in NYC felt more immersive.
This is kind of how I feel. I played the first Division after I went to New York (during the winter!), and it was awesome roaming through all of the places I visited in real life. Can't really relate to the DC area at all, so it feels less impactful.

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
The end game is mixed. I like the more aggressive AI with combat roles but I didn't enjoy how all of them had TTK (time to kill) times that were like the first game despite how in the early game portions of the beta had a shorter TTK. Couple that with the non-existant skill cooldowns with the AI so that they can just spam RC cars and drones made it more tedious than I would like. Plus with how the structure and encounter layout felt almost the exact same as the original confused me as I thought we would be getting something at least different in our objectives but it felt mostly the same. The specializations and how to get more ammo is very weird and I don't like it. If I run out of special ammo I have a low to no chance of getting any for the rest of the mission.

I like the environments and more open zones, the dark zone seems like an improvement, and the pvp mode was a fun enough diversion though the heavy usage of drones and seeker mines are a little too good I think in that mode. Not having 100 attachments to look at and deal with is a nice change too.

It feels like an improvement but not enough to make me get it Day 1 so I'll wait and see.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that the devs have said that a solo player can enjoy most of the game (unlike Destiny) it's one of the things I'm liking the most from The Division 2.

Not complaining about Destiny or the need of full squads of best friends with mics and that bullshit, but nice to not feel ignored on things like this.

Sentient

Oct 27, 2017
To me, The Division 2 looks like the kind of game that's worth playing only after an expansion or two. I just don't see enough improvements to warrant a sequel. I'll probably grab it down the road on some discount, or after more content is introduced.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Watching footage of The Division 2, it looks like The Division Too.
If I had enjoyed The Division rather than kind of just having an ok time, that might've been fine. But I didn't, so...
I didn't play the beta. Wouldn't play this game if I had access to it for free. That's about how interested I am.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game kept disconnecting me while I tried to give it a shot. So I'm not sure. Will wait it out for a while.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Agreed.

People just saying it's more of the same are clueless. I put so many hours into the first, playing the beta I could see and feel the changes. The division from launch to where it ended after all the updates changed the game for the better.
I can respect people saying the game doesn't hook them but saying the sequel barely changed from the first is hyperbole at its best and a ridiculous notion.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I have it pre-ordered but i'll most likely cancel because it's just way too similar to the first game. It will probably be a game I buy when I see the first 40-50% off sale. Ill switch my pre-order to Anthem and when people get their hands on the console versions if the game runs better than the demo ill keep it, if not, ill cancel Anthem too.

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably going to get it at some point, as I enjoyed the beta enough to keep playing it most of the weekend. I'll probably sit out for release and see how the game launches, and whether or not the hacking in competitive modes on PC gets fixed/minimized.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Posted this in another thread about Division 2 after seeing people saying the game feels too much like the same:
To those saying that it feels too similar to Division 1, what would you change? It's a sequel in a game series. They aren't going to completely change it up. They are going to take what worked well in the first game, take player feedback, and iterate on that.

If you just look at it and go "it's a cover based shooter," yeah, it's gonna look the same. But they've changed quite a bit up between how health works now, specializations at the level cap, settlements, new random events, new ways to unlock skills, new dark zone stuff, PvP modes at launch, a raid, more endgame content, etc. To me, it feels similar enough to the first to make it The Division, but it feels so much more refined than the first game.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
after playing the anthem demo, I thought that was such a fucking bad experience that I would check out the division. turns out, the division is good. played the beta and confirmed that I would like more of that, and everyone is probably moving on to TD2, so I might as well get in with everyone else

so now I'm getting a free copy from purchasing a new CPU

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Now I am ready - bring on March!

VtTOzca.png

DangerMan

Oct 29, 2017
I'm really on the fence with it. I had a really good time with the first game, but I absolutely hate the DZ which is such a central hook to the game that I only ended up feeling half engaged. I also think New York in winter was a much more interesting setting.

I'll be paying attention to how the community reacts to it over time, but my intense dislike of the DZ and the end-game focus on it makes me hesitate quite a bit.

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
Cancelled my preorder, but I actually loved the gameplay from what I played. I'm just being cautious because of the technical issues and some poor design choices, if they deliver a smooth experience on release then I will definitely buy it.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
The fact that the devs have said that a solo player can enjoy most of the game (unlike Destiny) it's one of the things I'm liking the most from The Division 2.

Not complaining about Destiny or the need of full squads of best friends with mics and that bullshit, but nice to not feel ignored on things like this.
I play destiny solo like 80% of the time for a disgusting amount of hours, that's just not a true statement.

Actually I would say Destiny is easier to play solo than playing the division solo. (Unless you're just hanging back to taking shots every now and then)

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
I have no plans on buying it but I'm keeping my eye on it in case I see something I like that makes me want to play it. I bought Division 1 on a deep discount on Steam though it's one of the few games I can't play anymore due to moving to Linux. So if I get it this time it has to be on PS4.

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
I enjoyed the beta, and it was a smart move on their part to let you test out a geared character to get a feel for how different the game is.

That being said, there aren't enough differences for me to come back yet. That, and I miss the snowy New York environment. Will see how people take to the game before jumping in. Seems like if you enjoyed the first, you're going to enjoy this one.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
I enjoyed the beta, and ill probably pick it, but i will wait to see how are the reviews of it, how the game is designed with missions,raids etc before pullyng trigger.

PunchDrunk28

Oct 28, 2017
I played the beta a good chunk of time on Saturday. I enjoyed it, and can see the changes that they made. But I think my excitement for the game went down because of it. I didn't get too deep into the mechanics of the game, but it gave me the appearance that attachments are no longer drops, and you have to spend credits to unlock them?

D.C. looked beautiful (need to fix that pop in though) but it really seemed like it was a lot of wave based missions. Looking back, I guess Div 1 was the same, but maybe they hid it better? Not sure, but I will probably hold off and buy it down the road now.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
The release of Apex really threw a wrench into my plans for this game. I fell off Destiny 2, and my friend group was getting bored of Fortnite which was our current go-to game to talk to each other while playing.

I had this preordered and was looking forward to the beta; I had spent about 50 hours in Division really getting invested but then got bored in the endgame and moved on before any of the additional content. I was looking forward to playing a new Division with all the improvements, and I had all my friends convinced and ready for the beta to give it a try.

Apex coming out of nowhere and taking everyone's attention (including mine) has really made me feel like I can be satisfied coming home from work and playing this while everyone's in a party over the Division 2. I enjoyed the bit of the Beta I played, but I wasn't having nearly as much fun as I was having with Apex. Whether that's the quality of AL or simply it being the new game and in the zeitgeist at the moment, or both, time will tell but I think I can drop my gold edition preorder, let the game go on sale in a few weeks, and pick it up then.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played for an hour and had zero fun. Just like with the first game. Combat, setting, narrative, nothing speaks to me. Graphics are nice, just like in the last one. Loot grind just isn't for me I guess. I want to learn and get better when playing something for dozens of hours. Just like in Diablo or Destiny, I expect this to feel the same, no matter if I play for 10 or 100 hours. Same loop, bigger numbers.
Yup. Fully agree.

That said, The Division was weirdly compelling to me, I found the world oddly zen and enjoyable. The sort of quiet apocalypse vibe of the city.

No way I'm going back in for the sequel, though.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not for me. I enjoyed the first game for a few hours then it got ultra repetitive and boring. Honestly, if someone told me the beta was DLC for the first game I would have believed them, didn't feel like a step forward at all.

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
I had a great time with it and will buy it on day one. I don't really mind that it may feel a bit samey, the core gameplay loop is still incredibly satisfying to me.

Deleted member 46948

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Actually I would say Destiny is easier to play solo than playing the division solo. (Unless you're just hanging back to taking shots every now and then)

As someone who put 400+ hours in both Destiny and The Division and played solo for more than 95% of the time, this has not been my experience at all.
The Division (at least in its post 1.4 state) is much more friendly towards solo players, namely it doesn't lock you out of any loot or gear level.

Obviously I can't say if it'll be the same in The Division 2.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
As someone who put 400+ hours in both Destiny and The Division and played solo for more than 95% of the time, this has not been my experience at all.
The Division (at least in its post 1.4 state) is much more friendly towards solo players, namely it doesn't lock you out of any loot or gear level.

Obviously I can't say if it'll be the same in The Division 2.
Oh for Division 1 I would agree, but what I played on Division 2 I wouldn't really agree. I feel like a lot of those engagements are meant for multiple people.

I don't mind playing with others but sometimes I just don't want to.

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
My answer for all premium GaaS is now this: Ain't buying it at launch and will wait for the discount, the patches, the fixes, and the expanded content.

I see no value other than satisfying impatience and FOMO to getting GaaS on launch for the full price. Call me a cynic, but with premium priced GaaS you are paying $60 atleast to be the post launch beta tester. I have a backlog and there is nothing special about this game.

If I really, really liked the concept and it was reviewed as being complete and without too overbearing monetization, then maybe. Other than that... the last 2 years have shown GaaS at $60 on launch is never, ever worth it.

Last edited:

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I played it this weekend and didn't really think it was anything special. I would only get it if friend makes a big deal about playing it together, but I think I will be passing.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Oh for Division 1 I would agree, but what I played on Division 2 I wouldn't really agree. I feel like a lot of those engagements are meant for multiple people.

Hard to gauge solo friendliness off of the beta when it was clearly funneling people into group play. Usually, 1-30 you can always overlevel if you want to play solo, and endgame was very limited (with pretty weak builds) in the beta. Who knows what true endgame builds are going to look like.

A fully built out endgame build could mow through most PvE encounters in TD1.

Last edited:

ShrtAttnGmr

Feb 7, 2019
I'd order the Gold edition if they were more descriptive in what was included. I'm not willing to pay $40 extra for cosmetics and early DLC access, but I may be interest in other content if they would just detail it.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I play destiny solo like 80% of the time for a disgusting amount of hours, that's just not a true statement.

I quit after the Annual Pass because I read the forges were heavily coordinated stuff like Raids (which I have never played nor I have the interest of doing those) and decided not to bother with that so maybe I exaggerated on my post. Playing Crucible, solo strikes and Gambit alone was fun enough for me. Just wanted to clarify that. :)

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
I pre-ordered it for PC for $50 on GMG.

Played the beta and it was solid. Shooting was smoother and that was my main ask. Improve the flow and movement from D1, and ya got my money. And from the beta, it seems they did. Good. Really liked D1 but it needed better missions and side content and better combat, and the beta sold me on both of these aspects, so I am game. It also helps it's in my backyard of DC, so it will be nice to visit known locales.

Deleted member 46948

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

I understand completely. I only felt like the endgame mission was made for multiple people in the Div 2 beta, everything else was on par with Div 1 solo leveling experience for me.
Even the endgame mission could be soloed in beta, but it took a long time and wasn't very fun. But then again, in the full game, you'll have access to more build options, skills and synergies that will probably make even challenging content quite easy (my gs 291 full classified set character in Div 1 can now solo challenging missions very easily and literally melt content that would be near impossible when I was fresh lvl 30).
I do hope they keep the solo-friendly approach from Div 1, because that was the big advantage the game had over other GaaS looter shooters.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
The modern warfare aesthetic is a pretty big turn off to start with, and the way they handle New York and Washington makes it even less so. There's lots of games in the genre that don't have that kind of baggage. (Honestly, this isn't a moral thing for me - if you enjoy it, more power to you. I just don't like spending my leisure time there). If its gets exceptional reviews I'll probably check it out, but otherwise Monster Hunter, Destiny, and Anthem are all quite enjoyable.

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
I'm down about this game, not because it's a Ubisoft game, but rather the intellectual property the game revolves around. I enjoy the mechanics, the RPG systems in place, the stats on the loot, but I just cannot find myself having fun looking at the game for more than 2 days. Aesthetically, I personally find the game boring to look at. The realistic look/names of the weapons also do nothing for me (also not very memorable for me neither). I know that's a lot of people's thing, but just not mine. Not to mention the customization options (admittedly, The Division 2 may make the clothing options better than part 1, who knows).

It really just comes down to the fact that I like playing the game, the systems etc, but just do not like the way the game looks. For me, I have to enjoy the loot I am looking at (as well as the world aesthetically, I'm supposed to be living there awhile) as well as the power it gives. 50/50, you know? I'll only be enjoying 50% of the game, and hating the other half. So it's a pass.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They gave me beta codes few hours before the beta ends and it's 43gb and i'm on a 3rd world country, so yeah i'm passing lol

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Will not be getting it, unfortunately. At this point, if it's an MP game, I get it if my friends get it. Was able to get my friends into the beta. But, surprise surprise, they all got stuck when exiting a cutscene. Twice. Turned them off the game immediately.

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
I'll probably get it since my friends will and I enjoyed Division 1. That said the beta was a technical mess in a lot of areas that I hope are improved on. Only some of them will be fixed by launch though this is Ubisoft and they've shown with Siege, For Honor, and Division 1 that they have the ability to improve upon a poor launch.

This was probably the funniest moment we had in the beta. Warning, language.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Played the beta and felt it more of the same but with different settings, I'll pass untill I see more impressions on the final release.

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I played the beta and after a poor initial impression due to a few bugs, I ended up viewing it pretty positively. My last few missions I partied up with random people and had fun, it's definitely more enjoyable running with a group over going it solo. We were even able to finish the "Invaded" end game mission with 3 of us and I liked what I saw of the Sharpshooter spec.

At this point I'm in no rush to be there for Day 1 but will definitely be watching to see how the community feedback shapes up over the post launch honeymoon (first month or so). I'd be up for jumping in on PC once the price comes down a bit.