• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you planning to buy?

• I already have it preordered

Votes: 256 16.1%
  • I'll be buying day one or within the first few days

Votes: 201 12.6%
  • I'll be waiting to see how the community reacts

Votes: 305 19.1%
  • I'll buy only at a decent or deep discount

Votes: 343 21.5%
  • No desire to buy at any point

Votes: 582 36.5%

• Total voters

Dashful

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Game comes with my new GPU. So I guess I'll be playing it. But didn't really see a fitting option on there.

dragonflys545

Oct 27, 2017
New York
This one is really for those who really like the first game.

Me and many of my friends who beat the first and dropped it completely have no desire to go for the sequel.

Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
I'll be waiting both this and Anthem. Not too see how the community reacts but how the full scale of the game is (as in, if its just going to be grinding missions over and over again).

If anything I may pick up at a later date when the price drops but it seem has a solid community at the point.

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
This feels like anthem and Div2 are going to canabalize each other to death. I hope this isn't the case.

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I think I'm just getting over the loot treadmill games. Playing content over and over hoping for a good loot drop so you can run the exact same content again more efficiently is getting really stale. Something about have to shoot a human 20 times in a realistic setting just makes it even worse in The Division.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
On the fence right now. My irl friends felt burnt by the first one so I'm not sure.

What platform you getting it on Kadin? Last game I saw you on was PoE. (Im LaRevenant on there)

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
On the fence right now. My irl friends felt burnt by the first one so I'm not sure.

What platform you getting it on Kadin? Last game I saw you on was PoE. (Im LaRevenant on there)
Hey! I'll be getting for PC. I loved it on Xbox but after I got it on PC, I can't go back.

Off topic but you planning to play next league of PoE? Only another week and we'll see what it's about!

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Hey! I'll be getting for PC. I loved it on Xbox but after I got it on PC, I can't go back.

Off topic but you planning to play next league of PoE? Only another week and we'll see what it's about!

I'm thinking PC as well it's night and day for me compared to consoles 30fps cap.

Yeah I play every league. Haven't played in about a month due to all the new releases. Hopefully I have time with all the games coming out in March. Although in all honesty everything gets put to the back burner when PoE leagues launch.

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I'm thinking PC as well it's night and day for me compared to consoles 30fps cap.

Yeah I play every league. Haven't played in about a month due to all the new releases. Hopefully I have time with all the games coming out in March. Although in all honesty everything gets put to the back burner when PoE leagues launch.
Haha, I'll agree with that last part for sure. First few weeks are usually pretty much only PoE for me. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out, timing wise, with the launch of Division 2.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Why don't they turn up the lethality? The bullet sponge enemies feel terrible. Always hoped the sequel would go in that direction but it doesn't feel like it.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Why don't they turn up the lethality? The bullet sponge enemies feel terrible. Always hoped the sequel would go in that direction but it doesn't feel like it.

They did. The next step would be to add more Destiny like mechanics that create small windows to do dps. That said, this will always be an issue with human enemies.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
This feels like anthem and Div2 are going to canabalize each other to death. I hope this isn't the case.

1 to 1.5 months is plenty of time for people to chew through what Anthem has to offer, then jump on to the new mouse wheel that is Division 2. While this is going on you have Destiny 2 on the side with it's content cycles.

This is good time for looter shooter fans.

They did. The next step would be to add more Destiny like mechanics that create small windows to do dps. That said, this will always be an issue with human enemies.

That said, this will always be an issue with enemies in a looter shooter that leans far more heavily into stats and RPG mechanics than e.g. Destiny does that is shooter first.

FTFY as there is nothing different or particularly more interesting when enemy taking 10 000 rounds to kill looks like sentient frog on two legs.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
1 to 1.5 months is plenty of time for people to chew through what Anthem has to offer, then jump on to the new mouse wheel that is Division 2. While this is going on you have Destiny 2 on the side with it's content cycles.

This is good time for looter shooter fans.

That said, this will always be an issue with enemies in a looter shooter that leans far more heavily into stats and RPG mechanics than e.g. Destiny does that is shooter first.

FTFY as there is nothing different or particularly more interesting when enemy taking 10 000 rounds to kill looks like sentient frog on two legs.

Agreed but The Division being a military game falls in this weird spot where people expect COD/BF/SOCOM instead of Diablo. So dumping two clips to kill a purple bar enemy rubs some people the wrong way.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on how much Anthem grabs me. If it's bad I'll be jumping in on Division 2 asap. If Anthem grabs me then I'll wait

Oct 31, 2017
We played it for an hour or two and got bored from it.
It felt like the same game all over again.
UI was atrocious, graphics lacked any depth or lightning and gunplay didn't feel quite as satisfying (maybe because I am playing too much Apex these days).

My whole clan was huge fan of Division and especially it's snowy New York setting, it felt unique and fun.
Sunny Washington, not so much.

We'll probably play it when there is nothing else to play but for now it's a pass.

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
*Copy pasta from the Beta thread:

Those that are fans of the Division series, I'm as pumped as you all are. While it's likely already been stated, some points:

Good-

• Graphics are still fantastic, making the crisis believable
  • Sound design is equally as terrific
  • New QOL improvements to player urgency & overall gameplay
  • Awesome weather effects
  • Perhaps there's more Autosave respawn points during missions now? I hope so

Bad-

• Did we play the intro? D1 was better, here we emerged from some overgrowth
  • I prefer the Asian mentor agent & the overall cast in D1 but Odyssa (sp) is such a badass
  • I feel that the OST in D1 sounds more fierce, listen to this magnificent track Beginning @ the 3 minute mark:
  • I really hope the player creation options has more faces
  • Some areas of the Main Base & Settlements are too vast in size for their own good. Also in D1, each section per Safe Area had a large holographic sign telling the player what this area does (ie, Crafting) [this will likely be in the release build]
  • Either the cursor is more accurate or it's less visually apparent IF my turret is going to prop on top of a surface (ie, ledge). This was easier to do in D1
  • A player activating Rogue status should be locked in for 1x minute before switching back & forth

Random musings-

• Evil antagonist operative has recordings in the beta; let us face him!
  • Probably beta limited, though NPCs should be roaming around that streets trying to survive like in D1. The narrative here really has to emphasize the heat & how this affects their survival. I expect to hear desperate voice messages of people running out of water, suffering from the heat, etc
  • Too few dogs & all they do is run from you. Where are the cats?
  • Can there please be a codex explaining where the Potus is & wth is going on in relation to D1? Echos reveals that gangs have started to form into a larger community of sorts... this would likely happen quickly when people see that JTF can't support entire city hubs. Yet there's massive plant overgrowth on very tall buildings. I don't think the timing fits
  • I don't mind the player character being silent; I'm here to go in & get it done!
  • Wth is agent Kelso harping about? Goddam Odyssa has 1x leg! She's in house & should be inactive like the Asian agent in D1... with 1x functioning eye, you can't put them in combat
  • I still experience weird button bugs when activating the rolling ball explosive skill

Edit: I kinda understand that some people feel that "it's more of the same." Well, Massive isn't going to drastically alter what the Division is- just as Gears of War sequels kept its core gameplay intact.

Apart from some unknown story beats, D2 improves upon the original.

Tragicomedy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on Anthem, to be honest. I'm going to dive into one or the other. If Anthem keeps me hooked, I might skip this one.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, if anything, it makes me want to reinstall Div 1.

Div 2 lacks the athmosphere that i liked in the first game (gimme back the snow !).

Pluna

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 27, 2019
I got the game with my AMD GPU but the beta didn't Wow me. I had planed to get it but after the beta I would probably wait until it's 20-ish bucks. But since I already have the game I'll check it out in march.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
IDK, I don't really like what they chose to do with this sequel. I was expecting moving further into the future and not staying so close to the first game, but it actually felt less futuristic than the first game while also feeling like an expansion/side story rather than a sequel.

Gameplay definitely felt better than the first, especially melee enemies were far less annoying, but I'm not sure it's enough to keep me interested.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in for the solo campaign. Then I move on to the next game. I'm not expecting to keep playing the endgame loop.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
I went from zero interested to very interested because of the beta, I dabbled in 1 and thought it was okay but the beta really felt solid to me. The performance on pc is was a huge plus.

Bot a day one but will deffonatly get it somewhere down the line. If it wasn't for apex I would probably get it day one, my main squeeze is ffxiv and apex is filling my shooter twich for now. Maybe in a months time that will fizzle.

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who already didnt like the first one, this Beta felt like more of the same. Just a soulless game where you run around in a boring dead map shooting dumb AI. Nothing in terms of story, lore or characters is remotely presented in an engaging way.

Gunplay is barely okay.

Also, the UI comes straight from hell.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Very good summary, and the monetisation bit at the end got me much more worried than Anthem, strange I never heard about it here until this vid. I'll definitely wait and see now.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Very good summary, and the monetisation bit at the end got me much more worried than Anthem, strange I never heard about it here until this vid. I'll definitely wait and see now.

I thought there was some facts and reveals about Division 2 monetisation, but in proper Skill Up fashion he just speculates and stokes flames of fear based on... nothing. He doesn't know anything about how game will do MTX outside of what we also know, Season Pass that is very similar in fashion to R6: Siege year passes.

So uh... what was bit you hadn't heard ever before about Division 2 monetisation?

Also kek at him taking credit for Ubi telling what special editions stash deal is.

Plasmid

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It felt just like TD1, Which was fun but inevitably a grind fest. Don't wanna do that again.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
It felt just like TD1, Which was fun but inevitably a grind fest. Don't wanna do that again.
Same here.

The changes mentioned by Skill Up don't seem apparent to me. I'm sure they have a big effect on PvP, but I've no interest in that. Weapons and enemies feel the same, and the removal of many abilities (because instaheals and invulnerability hurt PvP) make the PvE even more repetitive and boring. Making healing harder and damage resistance lower means that you play extremely conservatively. Enemies felt just as bullet-spongy as before.

Playing the end game mission in the beta really killed it for me, as I had some fun in the first few low-level missions. End game felt the same as the early game, but with bigger numbers and an enemy faction with cheap abilities (drone strikes). The class abilities were really pathetic (again, because if they had spectacular effects, they'd break PvP).

The journey to end game looks better though, with better side missions and more things to unlock. But it's not enough for me.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Wasn't gonna buy it but the beta convinced me to pick it up.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Same here.

The changes mentioned by Skill Up don't seem apparent to me. I'm sure they have a big effect on PvP, but I've no interest in that. Weapons and enemies feel the same, and the removal of many abilities (because instaheals and invulnerability hurt PvP) make the PvE even more repetitive and boring. Making healing harder and damage resistance lower means that you play extremely conservatively. Enemies felt just as bullet-spongy as before.

Playing the end game mission in the beta really killed it for me, as I had some fun in the first few low-level missions. End game felt the same as the early game, but with bigger numbers and an enemy faction with cheap abilities (drone strikes). The class abilities were really pathetic (again, because if they had spectacular effects, they'd break PvP).

The journey to end game looks better though, with better side missions and more things to unlock. But it's not enough for me.
I didn't play the first game, you think it's like Destiny where PVP balancing is affecting PVE ?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
bought a $20 AMD key a few weeks ago that gave me DMC5 and Division 2 on PC, will be playing at launch but not sure how long i'll stick it out. Probably the entire campaign and then not touch it again, like Div1 on PS4.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
I'm waiting on a sale, which was my decision even before the beta. I was considering buying it day one but Apex Legends says no lol.