• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think this game is in a good spot after the lukewarm reception Anthem has had. Especially if they've taken all the lessons they learned from their first go-around. I'm going to dive in a bit deeper in the open beta than I did in the closed one, but I'll probably preorder.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I think this game is in a good spot after the lukewarm reception Anthem has had. Especially if they've taken all the lessons they learned from their first go-around. I'm going to dive in a bit deeper in the open beta than I did in the closed one, but I'll probably preorder.

Same here. I'll check out the PC version because the pro version is kinda broken

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
The 20% coupon is totally broken for me (in US). Only can redeem it once (per the lifetime of my account apparently???) and I couldn't use it to buy anything and now it's expired. Meh.

UPlay is pretty generous with the sales usually so I'm not too beat up about it but it's annoying.

also, Watch Dogs 2 or Primal?

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I tried demos of both D2 and Anthem, and D2 seems like a better version of the first game and I put a hundred hours into that. Anthem seems like Destiny 2, which I played for about five hours and uninstalled.

Any word yet on Survival? I assume it's back.

The 20% coupon is totally broken for me (in US). Only can redeem it once (per the lifetime of my account apparently???) and I couldn't use it to buy anything and now it's expired. Meh.

UPlay is pretty generous with the sales usually so I'm not too beat up about it but it's annoying.

I also activated a 20% off coupon, found I couldn't use it, held onto it, and when I went to redeem found that it expired. Kinda lame.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Here's a hot question: is this real DC or bootleg DC? Because Division 1 was bootleg NYC and that sucked a bit - no Empire State Building, no Chrysler Building, etc.

Will Division 2 have crap replacements like Division 1 had? Like instead of the Washington Monument they do some ugly cylinder called The Van Buren Tribute?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017

You should be able to knock out a few challenges in Ubi games to get another 100 points relatively quickly. Or are you saying you can't redeem the discount at all now?

I'd go for WD2. Everything I heard about Primal was mixed. But if you didn't play FC 4 it might be more interesting.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Hmm i saw no such issue when i played.
What are you playing on?

It was awful on both my Pros, my BoO would sometimes take in excess of 2 minutes to load thoroughly for me then to run around a corner to see no textures again and everything gradually pop in. It was the same in the city streets with trash bags/bins/foliage/trees etc all gradually popping into the shape with the detail they should be. Quick image of my BoO:

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a hot question: is this real DC or bootleg DC? Because Division 1 was bootleg NYC and that sucked a bit - no Empire State Building, no Chrysler Building, etc.

Will Division 2 have crap replacements like Division 1 had? Like instead of the Washington Monument they do some ugly cylinder called The Van Buren Tribute?

I saw several buildings I was familiar with. One was renamed, likely due to licensing, but it was a very eerie approximation.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest

It's a 1 to 1 scale of DC, it's fucking massive and insanely accurate.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Damn what's up with the Pro version?

That's the one I have to roll with since that's where my bros are. I did pay the beta on X and thought it was gorgeous. Wasn't expecting the Pro to match it, but I thought it'd be close at least

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah quite afew have reported pro issues. Sometimes it can look spectacular, other times not so unfortunately. Hopefully the texture loading can be sorted for release but there's still some of it in Div1 (wheels for example on cars) so who knows.

wheels and some signs are fine but in this the whole world is low res and low poly for so long. It looks awful.

An example

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Are there going to be any crazy armor options in the end game, thats not just the regular shirts and arm/knee pads? I never got that far in the first game so I wasnt sure if they had any neat armor sets in it, but I cant seem to find anything just searching. The designs of the drone and remote mines look really cool and I would like to see them do some neat armor sets with a similar design aesthetic.

Guess its kinda hard to describe what im talking about without pics. Something like a futuristic armor set. Or maybe something you would see in a Metal Gear game?

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, sadly the game seems to really struggle with the additional density they've added into the world. Can't really tell if it's the engine or the system, but the first game ran so buttery smooth which made the beta's technical issues pretty surprising to me.

Are there going to be any crazy armor options in the end game, thats not just the regular shirts and arm/knee pads? I never got that far in the first game so I wasnt sure if they had any neat armor sets in it, but I cant seem to find anything just searching. The designs of the drone and remote mines look really cool and I would like to see them do some neat armor sets with a similar design aesthetic.

Guess its kinda hard to describe what im talking about without pics. Something like a futuristic armor set. Or maybe something you would see in a Metal Gear game?

I hope so, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

You should be able to knock out a few challenges in Ubi games to get another 100 points relatively quickly. Or are you saying you can't redeem the discount at all now?

I'd go for WD2. Everything I heard about Primal was mixed. But if you didn't play FC 4 it might be more interesting.

I have something like 700 ubi points, but the shop literally doesn't let me buy any new coupons because "you already bought this coupon." A coupon I couldn't even redeem! wtf Ubi :(

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Yeah, sadly the game seems to really struggle with the additional density they've added into the world. Can't really tell if it's the engine or the system, but the first game ran so buttery smooth which made the beta's technical issues pretty surprising to me.

I played the beta (and will be playing the full version) on PC at high detail settings...one below the max of ultra; and I didn't experience anything like that at all, razor sharp textures 100% of the time. I doubt it is the engine but rather some optimization work needs to be done for the PS4 version.

I'm sure they will fix it

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta

You have to remember some buildings have commercial licensing connected to them

OP
OP
Se_7_eN

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017

Armor sets actually have different brands this time around, so they will have unique visual aesthetics... If you're wanting to look like a robot, that probably won't happen.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
So I am late, and this has probably been talked about already, but is the enemy variety better in this game? I liked the first game but it was pretty abysmal in that regard.

OP
OP
Se_7_eN

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
So I am late, and this has probably been talked about already, but is the enemy variety better in this game? I liked the first game but it was pretty abysmal in that regard.

There are 5 different factions in the game and one is only encountered after completing the game... Also, some of them carry more than just guns this time around, like chainsaws.

(Not my picture)
i9XUQcy.jpg

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
Please let this be decent after Anthem.

It does not have to be amazing, but I'm hoping for a good game.

Slack Attack

Oct 28, 2017
Please let this be decent after Anthem.

It does not have to be amazing, but I'm hoping for a good game.

If you liked the final iteration of the first game (patch ~1.8), you'll most likely enjoy The Division 2. Many of the features that made the first Division great will be included in TD2. It sounds like Massive is really pushing to have an extensive end game on release but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.

OP
OP
Se_7_eN

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
This was not a Black Tusk enemy, this was a random world boss in the sewers... He had quite the gang with him, he also seemed like he was on quite a bit of drugs, or just had major rage problems. He was screaming pretty loud and yelling something along the lines of "I am going to fucking kill you".

Hunters are back in the game... But this is not one of them.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
This was not a Black Tusk enemy, this was a random world boss in the sewers... He had quite the gang with him, he also seemed like he was on quite a bit of drugs, or just had major rage problems. He was screaming pretty loud and yelling something along the lines of "I am going to fucking kill you".

No, that named enemy is called 'Whip It' and it is part of one of the factions (the Lost Suns I think)

Appreciate it!

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
As someone who picked up The Division last week since it was cheap, I'm pleased how much I enjoy it and look forward to this open beta coming in March

Jun 1, 2018
Yeah, I tried demos of both D2 and Anthem, and D2 seems like a better version of the first game and I put a hundred hours into that. Anthem seems like Destiny 2, which I played for about five hours and uninstalled.

Any word yet on Survival? I assume it's back.

I also activated a 20% off coupon, found I couldn't use it, held onto it, and when I went to redeem found that it expired. Kinda lame.
how do i find out if i have a coupon?

ShaDowDaNca

Nov 1, 2017

images

8LAqUpCb_400x400.jpg

Oh at least they are coming back :)

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I find this video where you can see the difference in the shooting\animation departement.

Is not a night and day difference but you can clearly see an improvement here.

OP
OP
Se_7_eN

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Oh at least they are coming back :)
fighting a hunter , brings back memories
Yea, fighting hunters (Especially a group) can be quite nerve wracking... Can't wait to see them with the new Black Tusks AI.

Can't help but see a huge ass dildo.
My original post was missing the "like chainsaws" text at the end... Then I looked at the picture and figured I should add it.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
There will be a technical test feb 21-22 on PC. Invites are random and going out today

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I got an invite for PC, however, I won't be around to use it. Interesting though, they updated the Private Beta installation if you left it installed....so hopefully they just update the technical test when it goes into Open Beta next week.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I had little interest in this game but after the failure called anthem its back on my radar. I just hope they'll fix the texture/LOD issues on the pro