• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Information about the clan system in The Division 2 just released. Credit for the below info goes to The Division subreddit mod, jwp123.

tctd2_clans_flashcard_emea_960x540_344820.jpg

Intelligence Annex: Clans

Agents!

Welcome back to Intelligence Annex—our series of development blogs detailing all things in Tom Clancy's The Division 2. Today we are here to discuss the options available to you when searching for a clan, when managing one as well as a brief introduction to clan progression and the clan quarters.

Overview
A new feature in The Division 2 is the ability to create and manage clans in-game. Clans are designed to make it easy for you to find likeminded players to play with, and to make clan management a user-friendly experience.

Clans will focus on building tight knit communities with common goals, and will consist of up to 50 accounts, with up to four characters each. The ability to create a clan is unlocked early as a part of The Division 2's story progression. Anyone who has unlocked the feature can create their own, but to start progressing a clan, a total of four members is required.

Clan members can keep themselves informed through the clan feed, keeping you up to date with clan activity and progression. The ability to leave messages on the feed will enable members to easily stay in touch with each other and it also allows for leadership to pin important messages in order to coordinate events.

In addition, each clan will have access to two voice channels for up to 25 members each, allowing you to socialize with each other at all times, regardless of where in the game you are or what activity you currently are partaking in.

search%20preferences%202%20960x540_344822.jpg

Joining a clan
When searching for a clan, you will be presented with a number of options enabling you to find a clan that best suits your particular needs or playstyle.

• Activities – The primary focus of the clan, PvE, PvP or both.
  • Most Active Times – The time of day the clan is the most active.
  • Atmosphere – The general atmosphere of the clan; would you prefer a relaxed easy-going clan, a clan focused on certain aspects of the game or a highly competitive PvP clan?
  • Mic Requirement – If the clan requires a microphone to be able to join.
  • Language – The primary spoken language of the clan.
  • Region – The geographical location of the clan members.
overview%20menu%20960x540_344823.jpg

Creating and managing a clan
One of the first steps when creating a clan is to design your insignia, which will serve as the visual representation of your clan in The Division 2. When designing your insignia, you will be able to choose from a selection of icons, background and border types to create your own unique design.

Next, you need to name your newfound creation. A clan name can be between 4 to 15 letters long and the clan tag, which is visible to all players, consists of 3 capitalized letters. You can also write a presentation to introduce your clan to your players.

Finally, each clan can set their preferred privacy level, consisting of three distinct levels:

• Open – Searchable and open for all players.
  • Invite Only – Searchable but requires an application to be sent and reviewed by clan leadership.
  • Private – A private clan is not searchable and can only be joined through an invite sent by the clan's leadership.
Clan membership is organized into four ranks, allowing for improved organisation and a clear structure:

• Commander – The leader of the clan which has access to all administrative functions of the clan.
  • Lieutenant – The officer rank, which will be able to send out invites, review applications, promote and demote members as well as moderate the clan feed.
  • Agent – The established clan member able to invite potential recruits to the clan.
  • Recruit – The recruit is a new member of the clan with limited access to administrative clan functionality.
When reviewing applications as a Commander or Lieutenant, you will be able to inspect the applicant's characters, including gear, in order for you to quickly make an informed decision.

progression%20960x540_344824.jpg

Clan progression
All in-game actions taken by members yielding experience points will also yield CXP (Clan XP), which is a new form of experience in The Division 2. Earning CXP will level up your clan, earning you and your friends additional benefits for each level on your Clans journey to level 30, as well as unlocking additional customization options for the insignia, showcasing your clan's veterancy.

Clans will collectively work towards common goals in The Division 2, in the shape of weekly projects and an upgradeable clan cache, both yielding rewards for all members upon completion. The weekly clan cache requires a weekly CXP goal to be reached with additional stretch goals. There are 3 tiers of reward - bronze, silver and gold. Reaching the bronze tier will unlock guaranteed rewards, while reaching the silver and gold tiers will further improve the week's rewards each time.

Clan projects are weekly tasks that grants a boost of CXP upon completion, each focusing on a particular aspect of the game. If your clan manages to complete all weekly projects, the clan will receive an additional, significant amount of CXP.

Clan quarters
The East Wing of the White House will serve as your clan's home, providing you with a space to socialize and regroup. Here you will find your clan stash to collect your weekly rewards, as well as the clan vendor, a unique vendor available only in the East Wing. As a natural part of the clan's level progression, the quality of the items offered by the clan vendor will improve. Certain levels will also unlock the ability to purchase unique cosmetic headgear, featuring your insignia, enabling you to represent your clan wherever you go.

The clan quarters will showcase your clan's top three weekly CXP contributors, giving recognition to your most dedicated members' accomplishments. There is more to discover in the clan quarters, that you will have to discover by yourself at release!

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Oooooh. I like this. More numbers what go up!

Loving that you get loot drops from this. Great idea.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
Where do I sign up? Honestly can't wait to return to the Division. I absolutely loved the first game and the closed beta showcased how much the second one had improved over the first.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the clans will be run via Uplay? I want one clan with my friends on PS4, Xbox, and PC all together--like how Bungie does it.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't like the first game much at all, went into the closed alpha and the technical alpha for Division 2 with no expectations, loved it, the game is really good.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Didn't like the first game much at all, went into the closed alpha and the technical alpha for Division 2 with no expectations, loved it, the game is really good.

Yeah. I came to the technical test straight from another 20 hours in TD1, and the improvements to pretty much every aspect of the game are very apparent (and I'm saying that as someone who loves the first game).
Release can't come soon enough.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I came to the technical test straight from another 20 hours in TD1, and the improvements to pretty much every aspect of the game are very apparent (and I'm saying that as someone who loves the first game).
Release can't come soon enough.

With how dissapointing Anthem has been, Ubi is my gaas savior. :P

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017

Okay, I keep hearing this buzz around Division 2. That it's somehow winning over people who did not like Division 1 at all.

I absolutely despised the core combat of Division 1. It felt way too much like I was depositing X minimum number of bullets into Y piggy bank bullet sponge while moving between A, B, and C cover types to avoid 1 hit KOs. This type of gameplay makes sense for a fantasy or sci-fi MMO where you're fighting huge monsters with huge groups of people, but for the setting of a realistic recreation of NYC, where it's normal people versus normal people, it felt really dumb.

Does Division 2 address this at all? Does it actually feel like you're playing a Tom Clancy shooter?

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Okay, I keep hearing this buzz around Division 2. That it's somehow winning over people who did not like Division 1 at all.

I absolutely despised the core combat of Division 1. It felt way too much like I was depositing X minimum number of bullets into Y piggy bank bullet sponge while moving between A, B, and C cover types to avoid 1 hit KOs. This type of gameplay makes sense for a fantasy or sci-fi MMO where you're fighting huge monsters with huge groups of people, but for the setting of a realistic recreation of NYC, where it's normal people versus normal people, it felt really dumb.

Does Division 2 address this at all? Does it actually feel like you're playing a Tom Clancy shooter?

It's still an RPG, so yes you will be putting multiple bullets into the same enemy. It's been mitigated by the fact that there are armored and unarmored enemies. Enemies without armor go down very quickly, enemies with armor you have to shoot off their physical pieces of armor to get to the juicy HP underneath.

Some talents let you bypass armor to do direct damage (I believe sharpshooter specialization for example).

So it's still an RPG but the issue should be better at launch.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018

I don't know what to tell you, because my experience with the first game is completely different from yours (I have a few hundred hours in it).
Best advice is to try the open beta next weekend and decide for yourself.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
It's still an RPG, so yes you will be putting multiple bullets into the same enemy. It's been mitigated by the fact that there are armored and unarmored enemies. Enemies without armor go down very quickly, enemies with armor you have to shoot off their physical pieces of armor to get to the juicy HP underneath.

Some talents let you bypass armor to do direct damage (I believe sharpshooter specialization for example).

So it's still an RPG but the issue should be better at launch.

Shooting off physical armor pieces already sounds a hell of a lot more interesting and engaging. I'll at least give the open beta a shot.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
They thought of everything for this game! Can't wait to sink thousands of hours into it!

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The time to kill is significantly reduced.

The super spongy enemies are seem like they should be since they wear a fuckton of armor. It's not gonna be realistic by any stretch but should feel better than pumping 4 magazines into a random dude.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I mean ... it's not a completely realistic video game/shooter if that's what you're asking.

No, human enemies don't get dropped with just 1 or 2 bullets. And IMO that's fine, it's for gameplay balance, not realism regardless of the setting.

(I really liked TD1 though, so keep that in mind for my comments)

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Massive/Ubisoft literally showing how to take a game, learn from it's problems and then pack the sequel full of everything people want.
And this is DAY ONE stuff they got in. Imagine the game 6 months down, or a year down the line.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Massive/Ubisoft literally showing how to take a game, learn from it's problems and then pack the sequel full of everything people want.
And this is DAY ONE stuff they got in. Imagine the game 6 months down, or a year down the line.

That Clan social space is literally what people asked in Destiny 2.

Angeal78

Game Producer at MistWall Studio
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Ubisoft is the only one I trust when it comes to GaaS games.

itsrealfood

Oct 25, 2017
Ubi and Massive are really showing how it's done. Super stoked for this game and way proud of the team!

Balmung421

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This game seems packed to the brim with content and features holy shit.

So hype for release

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this is going to be my lootershooter of choice it seems. Is there a PC clan in the works around here?