• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So this is from Ubi's site:

PS4:
- If you purchased a physical copy of the game, begin installing from the disc. Provided you are online, your console will simultaneously download Title Update 1 while you install it. Expect a 88-92 GB download, depending on your region and preferred language. Whether installed from a disc or downloaded digitally, the final HDD install size will be between 88-92 GB.

Additionally, starting March 11, you will be prompted to download and install Title Update 1.5; expect about 2 GB in download, depending on your platform, region and preferred language. Title Update 1.5 mainly addresses occurrences of audio missing or cutting out experienced by some during Open Beta.

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000041895/

This is double the size of Xbox and PC downloads, some people think it addresses the texture issues on PS4 but still, as someone with a slow internet that's just too much, anyone with a Physical copy could confirm this more?

Edit:

https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubiso...division-2-launch-everything-you-need-to-know

That site says 48-52 GB download for everything but, digital on Xbox is +43 GB and physical copies still need to download that amount, PS4 digital is about 89 GB, so yeah..

Last edited:

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
88-92gb Day one patch? Wow lol

and knowing the PS4 file system, I guess you'll need double that to DL and install

edit: could we get a source link?

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
i had the same texture issue i saw playstation ppl complaining about...on my xb1x. So it cant be for that. Are u sure it doesn't shrink after??

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How big is the download if you buy it digitally lol!? I dont have a cap anymore so this isnt really an issue, but holy cow!

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
What the fuck? That's not acceptable in the slightest. This kind of stuff needs to be reigned in, most people won't even be able to play for a full day while this installs.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CoD 4 remaster was a 77 GB download and looks like shit compared to current gen games. i dont know wtf these devs are up to.

OP
OP
Saint-14

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
88-92gb Day one patch? Wow lol
and knowing the PS4 file system, I guess you'll need double that to DL and install

edit: could we get a source link?
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000041895/
i had the same texture issue i saw playstation ppl complaining about...on my xb1x. So it cant be for that. Are u sure it doesn't shrink after??
I don't think so as the preload currently is about 89 GB
How big is the download if you buy it digitally lol!? I dont have a cap anymore so this isnt really an issue, but holy cow!
About 89, should be above 90 with the 2 GB from the day 1 patch.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No biggie. I'm expecting next gen games to be 100GB minimum BEFORE patches. Already prepared for this. Plenty of space on my PS4 Pro SSD. Can't wait!!!

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
This is really big. It reminds me Fallout 76 when you had to download the whole game in the first update, except it's 90 Go here instead of 50. It's going to take me two days or more to download it. Damn :(

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
CoD 4 remaster was a 77 GB download and looks like shit compared to current gen games. i dont know wtf these devs are up to.
Most of that is MP content update.

large.jpg

large.jpg

Also this at 60 FPS isn't "shit" lol

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Jesus. I have the worst internet. Took me a couple days to download BO4 cos of their shitty idea of not actually putting the game on the disc.

Won't be buying this.

Deleted member 35071

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
i remember back when i had the original 500gb xbox 1....i couldn't download Halo 5 from gamepass, because it was like 90+ gb

Oct 29, 2017
File size complaining? Really? For people who claim to love videogames you really find a lot to hate about them. Better looking games = more space for the information. More game = more data.

Not sure what you guys are expecting here. You all better buckle up and brace yourselves because as in-game assets get even more detailed and game worlds get even larger, file sizes will continue to increase in size. You know...pretty much how things have been going for the past 30 years.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Holy cow. For comparison do we know day 1 patch size for other GAAS, Anthem, Destiny 2, etc?

Nov 2, 2017
People complain about data caps and a shitty internet conection in threads about streaming but it seems like soon these people will suffer even if they want to go physical. I guess with an almost 100gb download for a physical game we're already there.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Good thing I stopped buying new games a few years ago, my 120GB data-cap could not survive those. :/

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
PS4 truly is the best console out there.
Not only does Sony secure exclusive deals that give you TWICE THE CONTENT of other platforms but they also give you the power to play the games at TWICE THE FIDELITY. 90gb packed to the brim.
I wish I had a PS4 myself, but I'm sure i'll be ok with my budget 45gb game too...

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why? Do you not have a bit of patience?

On high speed internet this will take a few hours to download.
Because a) If I buy a physical copy, I don't want to have to download an additional 90GB on top of the install, and b) I have to now juggle 90GB of storage on my console, which on the PS4 means I have to free up ~140-150GB because of how that console's file management works, and c) I only have a 500GB HDD.

It's fucking shit.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there's only two companies who can do anything to stop this madness. sony and microsoft, and it seems like they don't give a shit. this is terrible and it's a huge hurdle in most of the word to play these games, yet it keeps happening. there's no excuse for a physical game to have such a huge day 1 download.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Because a) If I buy a physical copy, I don't want to have to download an additional 90GB on top of the install, and b) I have to now juggle 90GB of storage on my console, which on the PS4 means I have to free up ~140-150GB because of how that console's file management works, and c) I only have a 500GB HDD.

It's fucking shit.

Seems like pretty small problems to me but to each their own I suppose. File sizes will only get bigger.