• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
division2_monument.jpg

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/0...ditching-steam-for-the-epic-games-store-on-pc
Ubisoft has announced it is partnering with Epic to bring The Division 2 to the latter's Epic Games store come launch on March 15, as well as on its own Ubisoft store. It won't be hitting on Steam at that time, however meaning the franchise is effectively jumping ship.

Pre-orders for The Division 2 on the Epic Games Store are now live for the standard, gold, and ultimate editions of the game. In its press release of the announcement of this news, Ubisoft says the two companies are working together to "integrate key components of Ubisoft's Uplay and Epic's online services," which likely means buying the game on the Epic store will work similarly to how buying a Ubisoft game on Steam works now, including being able to access Uplay no matter what store you buy it on.

Any preorder on the Epic Games Store will get guaranteed access to the game's private beta ahead of launch. If you already preordered The Division 2 elsewhere, your access to the beta is still honored, but from here on out, Epic's store is where you go for the private beta.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...ur-of-the-epic-games-store-for-the-division-2

Shots have been fired today in the digital distribution platform war as Ubisoft shuns Steam in favour of Epic Games.

While the recently launched Epic Games Store hasn't had much trouble attracting smaller indie developers, this exclusive agreement on such a high-profile AAA title represents a serious coup over Steam.

Furthermore, it has been announced that Ubisoft and Epic will partner on "additional select titles" over the coming year.

The partnership will see PC version of The Division 2 available only on the Epic Games Store, and directly from Ubisoft.

Ubisoft confirmed that pre-orders placed on other platforms would be unaffected by the decision.

Epic is working with the publisher to integrate digital rights management software Uplay with its own online services.

End my friendship with mudasir, if old.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Yo that's fucking nuts.

Ubisoft stepping past their own launcher in order to get on epic's launcher. Wowzers.

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
You're gonna need Uplay anyway to play it so just buy it there. I really don't see the issue here

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Really dumb, epic is definitely using that Fortnite money to try and force their launcher on people.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, it's not even going to be available on Ubisoft's own client, or am I reading this wrong?

"The partnership will see PC version of The Division 2 available only on the Epic Games Store, and directly from Ubisoft."

That's just weird if true.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
So it will sell less causing the developer to support it less and in the end blaming pc community for not supporting the game

Ja-

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Is this the first triple A game that dropped steam for epic store?

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Wait, it's not even going to be available on Ubisoft's own client, or am I reading this wrong?

"The partnership will see PC version of The Division 2 available only on the Epic Games Store, and directly from Ubisoft."

Directly from Ubisoft as in UPlay

Herbz

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind multiple launchers as long as there is a program (such as Playnite) that unifies launchers into one launcher.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA

You're reading wrong. Directly from Ubisoft means it will be sold by them AND Epic.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
All my ubi shits on uplay so i dont care but i feel for those who prefer a collected library.
Wonder how many AAA games it takes til valve bothers to care if ever

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
What the fuck is the point of this? Ubi already has a working solution with Steam of it being on both Steam and Uplay, and then they do exclusivity bollocks with this? Epic must have given them an insane amount of money to do this.

Oct 26, 2017
Lol. I was reading the title and in the first fraction of second (the division is ditching steam...) I thought 'oh so they are going full Uplay!'. Imagine my face when I finished the sentence.

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
A little bit of competition to STEAM isn't a bad thing, might cause Valve to pull there finger out of their arse.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Uplay only I could understand, but wasn't expecting this. I assume it'll still have to launch through Uplay anyway, and that Epic will just be the storefront?