• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

If true, then the Ubisoft "we do not know whether we come back to Steam" might just have been PR talk and their games will come back exactly 1 year after the exclusivity period ends (which would be in around 2 weeks).

It is just pure speculation now, but usually if a depot moves like that, after a while those games will see the storepage again.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, as I mentioned in the last "looks like Division 2 is never coming to Steam" thread, EGS exclusives tend to shadowdrop or near-shadowdrop onto Steam when the year is up (with Borderlands 3 being something of an exception, getting two weeks' notice). Two weeks sounds about right to start dusting off the ol' Uplay Steam intergration that I presume would be trivial for Ubi to re-implement at this stage.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Yeah, as I mentioned in the last "looks like Division 2 is never coming to Steam" thread, EGS exclusives tend to shadowdrop or near-shadowdrop onto Steam when the year is up (with Borderlands 3 being something of an exception, getting two weeks' notice). Two weeks sounds about right to start dusting off the ol' Uplay Steam intergration that I presume would be trivial for Ubi to re-implement at this stage.
Is it all that different from the egs uplay integration? I don't know what that one looks like.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Really hope it's true. For some reason, my debit card worked once and only once to get Division 2 for 3 Euros.

And then it's going back to refusing to work on Uplay or EGS. I used to just use greenmangaming for anything Uplay related but well, that went out the window alongside the exclusivity. So here's to hoping it comes to Steam so I can actually get that awesome looking expansion pack.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. Why would they not release it on Steam when the exclusivity is done?
Because so far as anybody has known, the Ubisoft move wasn't about any sort of timed exclusivity. Not once was it mentioned when it happened that it would be a timed thing.

They just pulled out from Steam and that was kind of that. If it ended up being timed like everything else, that would actually be news to most people.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Makes sense. Why would they not release it on Steam when the exclusivity is done?
Some people had thought that Ubi was using Epic as an excuse to abandon Steam and to push Uplay as the only place to buy Ubisoft games. Doesn't explain why they'd pull their Uplay keys from all the other stores they were selling (insert joke about Epic providing Competition here), but still. Given that last year was a bit of a bum year for Ubi commercially (Anno 1800 excepted), I can see why they'd want a second shot at the PC market, store cut be damned. It would also line up with nearly all EGS exclusives being a one year contract.

Dec 14, 2019
Because so far as anybody has known, the Ubisoft move wasn't about any sort of timed exclusivity. Not once was it mentioned when it happened that it would be a timed thing.

They just pulled out from Steam and that was kind of that. If it ended up being timed like everything else, that would actually be news to most people.

Sure, but so far every EGS exclusive game have been a one year deal at most. But off course, admiting that might affect their EGS and Uplay sales. But this is basically a confirmation that every Ubisoft game on EGS will be a one year deal gokg forward.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
That was just a global Steam update, nothing to do with this game specifically.
XJKSGfo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.