• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I was disappointed in the closed beta. It didn't feel as good as the original game and I can't quite put my finger on why. The setting also felt boring. It's not like the original game's setting was unique but it felt as if it had personality. This did not.

Also curious to see how this game runs in the final release. Lots of bugs and weird glitches in the closed beta. A purple-barred enemy got stuck outside of the map in the opening sequence, for example. He could shoot me but I couldn't shoot him.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
They did an open beta with the first game too, so not entirely unexpected. Guess I'll keep it installed for now.

Hopefully it's soon. Closed beta ended today, but I need my fix already.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Beta was so good, amazed by how polished it was. Had one crash and one time stuck in cover. Game looks beautiful and the new setting is great the nature overtaking the city. When i had some better guns and mods the shooting felt better than at the start of the game.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Just like the new Far Cry, Division 2 feels really "dialed in" to me.

I feel like Ubi are in danger of going down the road of franchise burnout, I really loved the first division but I have to say, my impressions of the new one is that it feels more like the exact same game in a new place but the new setting is not that interesting tbh and because I have played the first one so much I already feel burned out on this one.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately one of my friends couldn't even play. For some reason this game (and only this game) would error out for him anytime he connected to their servers. Very strange all around, but I'll just wait for launch at this point and hope all three of us can play and not just two of us.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Unfortunately one of my friends couldn't even play. For some reason this game (and only this game) would error out for him anytime he connected to their servers. Very strange all around, but I'll just wait for launch at this point and hope all three of us can play and not just two of us.
This happened for some people with the first Division. Wish they could figure out why.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
This happened for some people with the first Division. Wish they could figure out why.
Yeah, that's what we saw from googling it. We played with him originally, but I can't recall if he has moved or changed ISPs since then. We even loaded the original up to check and sure enough he couldn't load into that one anymore either.

Oct 25, 2017
Just like the new Far Cry, Division 2 feels really "dialed in" to me.

I feel like Ubi are in danger of going down the road of franchise burnout, I really loved the first division but I have to say, my impressions of the new one is that it feels more like the exact same game in a new place but the new setting is not that interesting tbh and because I have played the first one so much I already feel burned out on this one.
Yeah. When people said that they were disappointed by the new setting, I honestly didn't get it. Like, who cares?

But the new setting really does suck. It's kinda generic.

Plus, I really hate the gunplay in this game.

This feels like an expansion pack to d1.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Loved what I got to play of the beta. Can't wait to dig into it more. Hoping they get the performance issues fixed for PS4, or I'll have to consider it on PC or the X.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Good on them. While I didn't enjoy my time with the beta, it's always good to let ppl try before they buy

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Yeah. When people said that they were disappointed by the new setting, I honestly didn't get it. Like, who cares?

But the new setting really does suck. It's kinda generic.

Plus, I really hate the gunplay in this game.

This feels like an expansion pack to d1.

That's kind of how I feel about it as well if I am honest.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Cool, can't wait to play more!

To those saying that it feels too similar to Division 1, what would you change? It's a sequel in a game series. They aren't going to completely change it up. They are going to take what worked well in the first game, take player feedback, and iterate on that.

If you just look at it and go "it's a cover based shooter," yeah, it's gonna look the same. But they've changed quite a bit up between how health works now, specializations at the level cap, settlements, new random events, new ways to unlock skills, new dark zone stuff, PvP modes at launch, a raid, more endgame content, etc. To me, it feels similar enough to the first to make it The Division, but it feels so much more refined than the first game.