• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
What the hell... I just logged in and my character appearance has changed. Like, it's not even the same skin color.

What kind of trickery is this?
Happened to me today too. Though I installed the game into my work pc and launched it for the first time, I figured it was just a hiccup due to that. Logged in again and it was fixed.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018
It's been a week now, so Happy Anniversary Agents!

I found this gif just for the occasion, since we are all one big happy family! Let's keep taking on DC together!

rcH1rt4.gif

No really though, below is a clan update for everyone. The Division Community is really thriving here looking at the below:

Era Clans:
PC #1: "Third Wave" [???] full
PC #2: "Rogue Ones" [ERA] full
PC #3: "Third Echelon" [???] full
PC #4: "Fourcera" [Fera] full
PC #5 "Pink Roses" [PRO] *Currently recruiting*
XBox #1: "ERAgents" [ERA] *Currently recruiting* (very limited space)
XBox #2: "EraAgents Prime" [EAP] *Currently recruiting*
PS4 #1: "Knights of DC" [KoC] full
PS4 #2: "Agents of Cobra" [AoC] full
PS4 #3: "The Leftovers" [TLO] full
PS4 #4: "4th Division" [FDV]full
PS4 #5: "tbd" *Currently recruiting*

*please swing by discord and check in on the clan tabs if you're interested in a roster spot
I applied on xbox.
Gt: Memnoch1010

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
It should notify other players in your clan that you need backup for easier group ups.

My backup calls never get answered.

(Not sure if it does this already)

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Played almost all of D1 solo and started the same with D2, jumped in with a couple of friends and holy shit it just takes the game to a completely different level....so good, most fun I've had playing with friends in one of these types of games.

Can't wait to do more Dark Zone too.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I love the attention to detail this game has, foot prints in the dust and blood on the ground, the little ball drone jetting a water trail behind him when it's driving through puddles of water.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Officially hate the Explorer Distinction commendation now. Did the stupid 20 photos, but couldn't find any civilians to rescue despite rescuing two hostages. Apparently it has to be a very specific event type or it doesn't count. It doesn't matter anyways because nothing is spawning on the map because I've secured every district. Fine, I guess I have to do a stronghold.

One of the Hyena encounters is a fucking turret that shocks you out of cover. I died. All that progress on the commendation is now gone. Fuck commendations.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But for real though, why isn't WT5 in the game yet? Are they holding it back because it's not finished or some other reason? I'm not sure why everyone is getting hyper defensive about it because it does seem a bit strange.

I don't think people are hyper defensive, we just knew WT5 wasn't going to be in at launch so it doesn't really bother us. And don't see what's strange about it not being in, because world tiers didn't even get added to the first game until six months after release. I also wouldn't just assume that WT5 is the end just because it was that way in the first game. We really have no idea what they have planned going forward. At the end of the day it's the endgame right now, people can either play it or not, it's whatever.

It's funny, though, that you mentioned MMOs because Blzzard does this stuff all the time with WoW. They release an expansion and the raids and stuff, that everyone knows about, get added weeks later. They don't ever throw all the content out on launch day even though they tell people about it ahead of time.

What the hell... I just logged in and my character appearance has changed. Like, it's not even the same skin color.

What kind of trickery is this?

Did you install it on another drive by any chance? I moved it from my internal drive to an external SSD and the first launch my guy was black. A reboot fixed it.

Officially hate the Explorer Distinction commendation now. Did the stupid 20 photos, but couldn't find any civilians to rescue despite rescuing two hostages. Apparently it has to be a very specific event type or it doesn't count. It doesn't matter anyways because nothing is spawning on the map because I've secured every district. Fine, I guess I have to do a stronghold.

One of the Hyena encounters is a fucking turret that shocks you out of cover. I died. All that progress on the commendation is now gone. Fuck commendations.

Only the green handcuffs missions count as rescuing hostages.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018

Yeah that event is called hostage rescue. Just had one show up for the first time in the west part of west end district.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
When would I reach skill lvl 345?

End game?

because ill just deconstruct this chem launcher green mod if so

Only a few abilities like cluster grenades, healing drone, turret and maybe the healing and damage hive skills have that Div 1 functionality of press and forget (except for pulse and shield I guess). A lot of them require a second press for target.
Damn, I'm too lazy for that shit.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is there a bug where side missions don't stay completed after you log out? I feel like I've done the empire hotel side mission a number of times, shows up as new every time I log in

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, just had an intense fire fight with a True Sons group at night .. in the fog. Everything just oozed atmosphere, from the muzzle flashes in the hazy fog from gunfire to the amazing ambient sounds.

Best part was when firing from a distance, because of the fog they couldnt see where I was.

This game has quite a few of these moments for me so far.

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
When would I reach skill lvl 345?

End game?

because ill just deconstruct this chem launcher green mod if so

Endgame you can get to 7k Skill Power. 345 should be reachable by the time you hit 20s, I think, though I've forgotten what my skill power was at that point. For reference, I'm at GS 450 and my best rolled gear piece is a chest armour that has 1400 Skill all on its own.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
So a question about the drone. It seems when I first launch it, it auto targets an enemy until they die, but after that it just sits there doing nothing until i tell it to target someone. Is this bugged? The description doesnt mention having to manually target people.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For anyone on a console and access to an SSD I cannot stress just how much it improves the game. I'm quick traveling in 5 secs, as soon as I load in the game is at max texture/lod. No more of those NPC's that change in front of your face three or four times before they full load in signs that take a while to unblur. The game was so good before, but now it's just amazing. I hope next gen ships with SSDs by default.

Wow, just had an intense fire fight with a True Sons group at night .. in the fog. Everything just oozed atmosphere, from the muzzle flashes in the hazy fog from gunfire to the amazing ambient sounds.

Best part was when firing from a distance, because of the fog they couldnt see where I was.

This game has quite a few of these moments for me so far.

These moments are everywhere in this game. Environmentally it's just impressive as hell, whether it's pouring rain, the fog, the sunsets and sunrises, the dark and damp sewers, and the way they used lighting to accent everything. As much fun as the gameplay is, and it's a blast, I think the weather, environment, and the details down to the most minute things are what really sells the game for me.

So a question about the drone. It seems when I first launch it, it auto targets an enemy until they die, but after that it just sits there doing nothing until i tell it to target someone. Is this bugged? The description doesnt mention having to manually target people.

I think it's just how it is. They are trying to take away as much fire and forget as possible and want more active participation with the skills.

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

That's working as intended. The drone will target someone by itself if it is fired upon however

Juzzomac

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone on a console and access to an SSD I cannot stress just how much it improves the game. I'm quick traveling in 5 secs, as soon as I load in the game is at max texture/lod. No more of those NPC's that change in front of your face three or four times before they full load in signs that take a while to unblur. The game was so good before, but now it's just amazing. I hope next gen ships with SSDs by default.

Amazing! My EVO860 is arriving today for this very purpose. Glad to hear it will be a marked improvement over the standard HDD.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Endgame you can get to 7k Skill Power. 345 should be reachable by the time you hit 20s, I think, though I've forgotten what my skill power was at that point. For reference, I'm at GS 450 and my best rolled gear piece is a chest armour that has 1400 Skill all on its own.
I'm level 10 and it's like 34 lol

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
How do I get my healing drone to come back and heal me. Fucking thing is healing my team mates before me, it's mah drone! HEAL MEEEE.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I think double tapping the key which is assigned to the drone skill will return it to you...
Yes, double tap to deploy the drone on you, single tap while looking at a teammate to assign the drone to that teammate, and double tap to bring back to you.

there is a commendation for killing an elite enemy with melee...got it a few minutes ago ;-)

I'm assuming just the final hit has to be melee, yeah?

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
Do the people working who you can give trinkets to ever give you gear or apparel, or is it always steel, etc?

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I'm WT2 and having fun still. So much weapon variety keeps loot interesting. I'm definitely noticing more bugs than on my way to 30/WT1. NPCs T-posing, weird physics, and other oddities. Earlier I took a control point, but I think there was an enemy resource convoy that triggered a spawn inside the locked supply room. Shot them through the door's windows and put them out of their misery lol.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
I'm bummed about how the commendations are different in TD2. I really enjoyed the commendations in TD1 - a mix of counting stats, carrots to encourage exploration and unorthodox gameplay techniques. You'd unlock a ton just by playing the game normally (and it was a nice ticking score to log your commitment in the game). Most of TD2's seem to require you to go out of your way to do certain activities in a very specific way to get them.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... I got a blue rifle with a skin slot... I tried both the skins I have available but neither of them actually shows on the gun?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Anyone else feel that it's such a missed opportunity to have the world filled with other agents and having worlds events etc? That would have been super cool.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
So how exactly do named enemies work in this game? I was heading over to the Jefferson Plaza mission and I rounded a corner straight into a named enemy and 3 more with him. I was shocked and stunned for a second and immediately got fucking lit up by all four of them. I respawned and ran back to spot but they were gone. Did I stumble onto a bounty or did they leave or just despawn?

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess supressors don't actually supress?

I don't necessarly want to go all the way stealth mode but being able to pick a guard or two without the others noticing would have been cool.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
How does co op work? I joined a friend who just got the game last night but when I joined all the enemies were level 18 or 19, I thought it would level to him?

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
How does co op work? I joined a friend who just got the game last night but when I joined all the enemies were level 18 or 19, I thought it would level to him?

The way it is meant to work is that the lower level players damage/armour are scaled up to the highest lvl player....but due to a scaling bug (which has been acknowledged by the devs), only damage is scaled...so armor is currently at whatever the player level actually is.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
I often see crates e.t.c hanging from forklifts or trees, how do you bring them down ? tried shooting them and nothing. perhaps they just are not loot boxes and just normal environment

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So how exactly do named enemies work in this game? I was heading over to the Jefferson Plaza mission and I rounded a corner straight into a named enemy and 3 more with him. I was shocked and stunned for a second and immediately got fucking lit up by all four of them. I respawned and ran back to spot but they were gone. Did I stumble onto a bounty or did they leave or just despawn?
The named enemies are 52 of them and they randomly are around in certain areas at certain times.
When you kill one you get a playing card. Once you kill all 52 of them and have the "full deck" they all respawn and you can go again :D

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Just did the first blue question mark mission. Is it possible to kill the enemy at the end?
No idea and I have the same question. Does it continue story wise?

That scene is how it is scripted to end but (don't read the spoiler if you've not done a blue ? on the map)

you can spawn the hunter again and kill it but level 30 with decent gear is recommended as they're level 35. IIRC to spawn that specific one you go back up to ground level and there is a building block with 4 small targets on the window ledges, shooting these targets top to bottom spawn the hunter.

There is 12 (found so far) hunters in the game all with their own little thing to trigger their spawn. These are not blue ? Or anything like that, just little puzzles to solve with some interactive objects. I spawned one completely by accident afew levels ago and at like 24 or 25 and got destroyed!