• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I get it tbh, while the level cap gets raised with new content often in games like these, there's usually defined time frames between content so you know the build you refine will be worth the time invested.

Right now I'm refining the above build, and a few others, but I'm going to have to start over when WT5 releases. The issue here is it could be dropped on us any time. If they told us it was next week, I'd give up refining what I have for now.

Yes, people don't want to spend time grinding when it could be all invalidated next week for all we know. I can't say I blame them to be honest.

Only level 23 but I'm starting to have issues with the game.

I don't feel I'm getting any stronger and when I do find a weapon with talents I want to play with the whole attack/armor/skill power requirements keeps getting in the way, and because the adds in this game hit a lot harder than in the previous game, it's making gunfights a slog for me. Tbh I don't fully understand the red/blue/yellow tinkering thing with the mid slots either. I kinda just roll the dice, equip whatever pieces, and hope to meet talent requirements. It was easier when I knew how much I needed of firearms/stamina/electronics and how to achieve it.

This is also an issue I had/have with the game. Because everything is constantly scaling level with you you don't feel a natural sense of getting stronger as you level up. The only time I started feeling stronger was when I started getting good armour/weapon perks and putting them together nicely. You don't have to get too deep into it but I would advise to at least optimise while you go. I still kind of wish they didn't constantly scale up the open world like they do while levelling.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, people don't want to spend time grinding when it could be all invalidated next week for all we know. I can't say I blame them to be honest.

This is also an issue I had/have with the game. Because everything is constantly scaling level with you you don't feel a natural sense of getting stronger as you level up. The only time I started feeling stronger was when I started getting good armour/weapon perks and putting them together nicely. You don't have to get too deep into it but I would advise to at least optimise while you go. I still kind of wish they didn't constantly scale up the open world like they do while levelling.
I will say though that it's not really wasted if you're enjoying it.

The build I refined is letting me solo challenging content at WT4 and I'm refinining it casually now as and when loot drops that I can use.

So while I'll have to start over in a way for WT5, this is still fun right now.

Feb 21, 2019
This game really is extremely well made. It is impeccably paced. Missions take just the right amount of time. Loot is rolled out at just the right time. The battles you have to think through and use strategy, but not too fast that its just a shooter.

Im thoroughly impressed.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Is there any way to disable the orange highlights for stuff you interact with? By now I pretty much know what all the lootable things are, don't need gaudy highlights everywhere ruining the image.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
This game makes me really wish there was RTX support for GI and reflections in this game. It looks good as is, but the asset quality would make it blow Metro out of the water if they ever get ray tracing working in Snowdrop imo

I don't mind having some scaling, but having all areas scale up to your level - 2 removes the character of the early game areas for me. Maybe that's the intent so that they can use the entire map for endgame stuff, but as someone who hasn't hit WT1 yet, it is kind of a bummer.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck, is there a bug with the GPS system and bounties?

I've just wasted half and hour trying to find the correct door or whatever to enter this building where the bounty is, because no waypoint is shown in the map.

KymTheSpud

Oct 28, 2017
Cumbria, UK
Has the armour scaling been fixed?

If I hop down to help my mate get through the last stronghold at story level will he get insta-melted by wt3 strength enemies?

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado

I've just wasted half and hour trying to find the correct door or whatever to enter this building where the bounty is, because no waypoint is shown in the map.
I haven't run into that issue. I just go to where the bounty is on the map, and then the icon changes to the orange waypoint diamond. Then look for enemies to trigger the bounty.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
I'm in WT1, and have tried capturing control points mostly to have fast travel available. Is it kinda pointless, though, as they seem to be lost to enemies and turn red pretty fast? Can you ever "retake" an area enough for it to become relatively friendly like in the leveling portion?

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I'm in WT1, and have tried capturing control points mostly to have fast travel available. Is it kinda pointless, though, as they seem to be lost to enemies and turn red pretty fast? Can you ever "retake" an area enough for it to become relatively friendly like in the leveling portion?

No. The tug of war will continue throughout the WT1-4 (and presumably 5 once it comes out).
But at least you always have something to do.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Shitta, I thought mods in the stash had their own space like in our inventory except it hasn't and now my stash is full with 148 mods and 2 weapons oops. Hell, I don't even know what skill mods I want to keep, hoarding stuff for skills I'm not even using 'just in case'!

astro

Oct 25, 2017
They get retaken quite often, you manage it by checking the enemy traffic and heading them off.

Now try to solo the reward for capping all of them at once while. Someone did it early ITT! :D

Shitta, I thought mods in the stash had their own space like in our inventory except it hasn't and now my stash is full with 148 mods and 2 weapons oops. Hell, I don't even know what skill mods I want to keep, hoarding stuff for skills I'm not even using 'just in case'!

Yeh that bummed me out too, I made a mule to help with the load (second character just for items), but they only start with 30/30 inv/mods.

If you want to try some skill builds around WT1+, keep the lower cost Skill Power 1-2k mods. You'll be able to afford those easily and fit a talent based build around them.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
So is it better to get perks than skills at the start? I am level 5, but have about 5 points left to spend. I got 2 skills but the rest are unlocked.... I saw earlier someone said fill your perks first (mostly).

Also, any penality for dying?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
So is it better to get perks than skills at the start? I am level 5, but have about 5 points left to spend. I got 2 skills but the rest are unlocked.... I saw earlier someone said fill your perks first (mostly).

Also, any penality for dying?

You don't have to worry about any specialization until WT4 honestly. And no death penalties.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There are two things here, Skill Points and SHD points.

Use those Skill Points because there are only 8 of them (to unlock each different device). All the other skill unlocks for each individual device is 5 SHD points after you unlock your first one with a Skill Point.

I would focus on Perks rather than the other types of devices until you know what you like.

Patriiick

Oct 31, 2018
Grimsby, GB
Finally hit the level cap today and tackled my first stronghold. Didn't find it too difficult on my own. I've definitely had more troublesome main story missions. Loving the game so far minus the memory leaks!

manlisten

Oct 28, 2017
Got through the
Lincoln Memorial
mission solo with no respawns. The AI is just so much better in this game. That was a great experience.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Sheesh, still haven't found but one pistol and that was at level 6. I'm level 23 now. What fucking gives. Also have never found any of these Faction Keys. I don't even know what's in those chests but I see them close to the end of every mission. What am I supposed to be doing to get the keys?

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Sheesh, still haven't found but one pistol and that was at level 6. I'm level 23 now. What fucking gives. Also have never found any of these Faction Keys. I don't even know what's in those chests but I see them close to the end of every mission. What am I supposed to be doing to get the keys?

Explore the sewers & underground areas. You will find boxes on the walls with keys. Bosses can drop them also.

Oct 28, 2017
The keys are in the underground. Look for lootable boxes on the walls while you're down there.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
So I started playing The Division 1 so I could see snowy NYC and play through the campaign (I started with Division 2). About two hours in, I see a helpful tutorial message: "Your weapon has a scope attached. Hold down RMB to aim, and then press Tab to toggle the scope on and off." Press Tab to do what now?

Almost 80 hours of the two Division games. That's how long it took me to realize the 4x scope in Division 2 wasn't just for stat boosts. This whole time I was like "yo why doesn't the 4x scope actually zoom?" Now if only I could figure out how to get the 8x scope to toggle off...

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Wow trying to do the Roosevelt Stronghold solo and well not going to be myself a heart attack over it.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone else gotten that "No allies available" glitch where it refuses to let you shoot the flare in control points, and if so, how the hell do you fix it? The first control point I did has been stuck like this since the beginining of the game and nothing I do will let me finish the control point (It's technically cleared and empty, but I can't get to to count as complete without being able to signal).

It's ridiculous that a glitch like this hasn't been fixed yet.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Was considering getting a one to replace my 6600k but Ive got a 2080 and get similar speeds, how often is it at 90?
I've not run fps tests for a while, I can tomorrow if you remind me.

It gets 88 on the benchmark.
4wU6Kuf.jpg

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else gotten that "No allies available" glitch where it refuses to let you shoot the flare in control points, and if so, how the hell do you fix it? The first control point I did has been stuck like this since the beginining of the game and nothing I do will let me finish the control point (It's technically cleared and empty, but I can't get to to count as complete without being able to signal).

It's ridiculous that a glitch like this hasn't been fixed yet.

I did get that once. I ended up just killing the guys occupying it myself but I still couldn't claim it. Then I started running around and I found a group nearby fighting one of the big yellow guys, so I killed him and ran back to the CP and it worked.

Oct 28, 2017

The gps sucks when it comes to elevation. If it requires you to go underground or through a building to get to a bounty it's absolutely worthless.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
what the hell is the deal with logging out after playing? whys it take so damn long? can i just alt+f4 without breaking anything?