• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I feel like I hit such a huge wall with this game that completely turned me off from playing all in the span of 24 hours, odd.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Massive should just move Strained from weapon to chest talents so you can't use it with Berserk or UF, super easy fix that prevents op builds.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
If they're going to be doing lots of nerfing then they should really improve recalibration. At the very least, let us recalibrate regardless of stat color. I spent days putting together a solid build and making animal sacrifices to the RNG gods for drops without red stats. Yesterday I started working on an unhinged/pulse/on the ropes build but now I'm wondering if I should waste my time in case any of it gets neutered.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
If they're going to be doing lots of nerfing then they should really improve recalibration. At the very least, let us recalibrate regardless of stat color. I spent days putting together a solid build and making animal sacrifices to the RNG gods for drops without red stats. Yesterday I started working on an unhinged/pulse/on the ropes build but now I'm wondering if I should waste my time in case any of it gets neutered.

Fixing recalibration is easy. Just let us move/transfer one attribute of the same color and one talent on each armor piece.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I gotta say the recent loot changes in WT5 completely killed my desire to log in and play.

Getting tons of vendor trash purple crap from the previous tier isn't very motivating.
What are these changes? I don't think I've dropped anything below 490 this week?

My hunch is that the only builds that will be nerfed into the ground are ones that are really extreme and clearly not working as intended (Marcostyle's healer build, which basically makes you invincible). Otherwise, I'd expect moderate nerfs that might bring the power level down a bit, but largely keep things viable for PVE at least (the PVP balancing sounds like it's a separate topic next week). I say this as someone who had 12 fully optimized builds in the Division. Try not to stress too much about it - there'll be changes in a game as service, but for every build that falls by the wayside, new things will be introduced that are fun to try out. Plus, anything that becomes useless can still be mined for recalibration into other builds anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Fixing recalibration is easy. Just let us move/transfer one attribute of the same color and one talent on each armor piece.
While I would love this, it's clearly the way it is as that would let players super quickly get the builds they want without running missions/projects/bounties, etc. I mean, Division 1's gearsets let you recalibrate a handful of stats (not one of each), and even with that limitation, it was super, super quick to put together fully optmized builds during the endgame. I am not expecting this to change on brand sets.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
What are these changes? I don't think I've dropped anything below 490 this week?

I hit WT5 last Friday as soon as it released, but immediately afterwards (because this was changed in patch), good 90% of things that dropped were purple items around GS440 (that is, from previous tier).
Now I climbed to GS 470, but the vast majority of drops I get are still a) purple b) under 450.
It's terribly jarring, especially considering at 455 in WT4 I got mostly 450 yellow loot.

The argument, ostensibly, is that "it wouldn't be fun if everyone had god rolls in a week". Yep, that's true, but it's also terribly unlikely given the amount of traits, the stat range and the range of item types and number of talents and whatnot themselves. This just puts RNG on top of several layers of RNG, because the absolute vast majority of loot you get is now completely useless, not even badly rolled or momentarily unsuitable, but USELESS by dint of being purple and having too low GS. Before, I was eager to log in for a 10 minute session, clear out a CP or do a sewer loot run, because I could get some average loot with solid chance of something that could be at least situationally useful. Now I don't even bother, because I know that at the end of that run, I'll just be a couple of thousand credits or whatever the currency is richer, since everything I loot will almost certainly be vendored.

Edit: I know how hard it is to balance GaaS games, it happens. TD1 had a shit 1.1 patch as well, it got much better in time, I'm absolutely certain Massive will improve TD2 to the same degree, if not make it even better.
It's just right now I'm playing other games instead.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017

I'm ok with only being able to make a single recalibration to an item. I'm more annoyed by the color and active/passive talent limitations.

My hunch is that the only builds that will be nerfed into the ground are ones that are really extreme and clearly not working as intended (Marcostyle's healer build, which basically makes you invincible). Otherwise, I'd expect moderate nerfs that might bring the power level down a bit, but largely keep things viable for PVE at least (the PVP balancing sounds like it's a separate topic next week). I say this as someone who had 12 fully optimized builds in the Division. Try not to stress too much about it - there'll be changes in a game as service, but for every build that falls by the wayside, new things will be introduced that are fun to try out. Plus, anything that becomes useless can still be mined for recalibration into other builds anyway.

Hopefully. I think the hard thing about balancing a lot of this stuff is that, on their own, none of these talents are particularly overpowered. Its the synergies of multiple things stacked together that are creating these super OP builds. That healing build is a good example. The baseline chem launcher doesn't really deserve a nerf but when you just stack CDR, duration and skill power for +ammo in every slot you end up with something that makes you invincible. I have faith in Massive but Ive played enough of these types of games to not completely trust in the process since bad nerfs are pretty common.

The buff/nerf cycle is a fact of life for the genre but the thing that makes me a little more wary about it in this game is that there are so many degrees of RNG. Which is why I'm not complaining about the potential nerfs, I'd just like to see a bit more determinism so that there's less of a sting to these types of changes.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I hit WT5 last Friday as soon as it released, but immediately afterwards (because this was changed in patch), good 90% of things that dropped were purple items around GS440 (that is, from previous tier).
Now I climbed to GS 470, but the vast majority of drops I get are still a) purple b) under 450.
It's terribly jarring, especially considering at 455 in WT4 I got mostly 450 yellow loot.

The argument, ostensibly, is that "it wouldn't be fun if everyone had god rolls in a week". Yep, that's true, but it's also terribly unlikely given the amount of traits, the stat range and the range of item types and number of talents and whatnot themselves. This just puts RNG on top of several layers of RNG, because the absolute vast majority of loot you get is now completely useless, not even badly rolled or momentarily unsuitable, but USELESS by dint of being purple and having too low GS. Before, I was eager to log in for a 10 minute session, clear out a CP or do a sewer loot run, because I could get some average loot with solid chance of something that could be at least situationally useful. Now I don't even bother, because I know that at the end of that run, I'll just be a couple of thousand credits or whatever the currency is richer, since everything I loot will almost certainly be vendored.

Edit: I know how hard it is to balance GaaS games, it happens. TD1 had a shit 1.1 patch as well, it got much better in time, I'm absolutely certain Massive will improve TD2 to the same degree, if not make it even better.

That doesn't sound right at all, the majority being purple. The vast majority of the stuff I got post-patch was still high end. 90% being purple sounds huge.

Might be a bug or the worst luck in the world.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'd honestly say purples are maybe 20% of the stuff I was getting from 450 on in WT5. Just got my first GS500 drop. Also got my first dupe normal cosmetic, a gold rarity hat. Have to say not a fan of the fact you get useless xp for dupes rather than fragments back like you did in TD1.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'd honestly say purples are maybe 20% of the stuff I was getting from 450 on in WT5. Just got my first GS500 drop. Also got my first dupe normal cosmetic, a gold rarity hat. Have to say not a fan of the fact you get useless xp for dupes rather than fragments back like you did in TD1.
Exactly.

If you're getting 90% purple something is definitely up.

Also yeh, the dupe replacement XP is sucky.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Claven

Complete missions or do whatever you enjoy most, always swapping to the highest level gear, until you inventory is almost full so you have plenty of material to work with. Then recalibrate your lowest gear, swapping what ever stat for a higher number to easily raise your currently equipped piece 10+ points. Do so until you run out of mats, likely electronics after 3 or so pieces, and you should easily jump high enough GS to see a significant boost in what you see dropping. Always remember to open field kits ASAP so you don't out level them, and plan any recalibration upgrades BEFORE a close level up.

90% purple is absolutely confirmation bias as those stick in your memory, unless your including yellows under or at your level. Anyway, by burning off those mats at a recall table every other hour you should balloon up in GS easily, because the rate at which stuff drops above your level has 100% been slowed down compared to the race car level progression of WT1-4

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Claven

Complete missions or do whatever you enjoy most, always swapping to the highest level gear, until you inventory is almost full so you have plenty of material to work with. Then recalibrate your lowest gear, swapping what ever stat for a higher number to easily raise your currently equipped piece 10+ points. Do so until you run out of mats, likely electronics after 3 or so pieces, and you should easily jump high enough GS to see a significant boost in what you see dropping. Always remember to open field kits ASAP so you don't out level them, and plan any recalibration upgrades BEFORE a close level up.

90% purple is absolutely confirmation bias as those stick in your memory, unless your including yellows under or at your level. Anyway, by burning off those mats at a recall table every other hour you should balloon up in GS easily, because the rate at which stuff drops above your level has 100% been slowed down compared to the race car level progression of WT1-4

I appreciate the advice, but I'm an old hand at this. I have hundreds of hours in TD1 and 100+ in TD2, around 50 of those at WT cap at the time.

Also, you don't need to equip your highest GS gear to raise your drop level (as per developer tweet here: https://twitter.com/patt3rson/status/1106149740209717248?s=21 ).

You might be right with the confirmation bias, but it definitely feels wayyyy off since the Tidal Basin patch.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I appreciate the advice, but I'm an old hand at this. I have hundreds of hours in TD1 and 100+ in TD2, around 50 of those at WT cap at the time.

Also, you don't need to equip your highest GS gear to raise your drop level (as per developer tweet here: https://twitter.com/patt3rson/status/1106149740209717248?s=21 ).

You might be right with the confirmation bias, but it definitely feels wayyyy off since the Tidal Basin patch.

You arent wrong. The GS scaling compared to yours on dropped gear is definitely different in WT5. I'm just curious if it affected the lower tiers too to encourage speeding through it or if it's just WT5 specific. So many of the regulars who would bother commenting, much less noticing such a difference, would be so far past that point I'm not suprised we don't hear more about it. What felt like +/- 5 GS in favor of + in WT1-4 now is +/-10GS in favor of - in 5.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB

Hrmm. I guess it's been too long since I first dropped into WT5 to remember what the drops were like, but now that I'm sitting at 500, I guess I'm having the opposite problem. I just logged in for an invaded stronghold (Roosevelt) on hard. I went from 74/100 high-end and gear set items in my inventory to 100/100 from that mission alone (more than that, as I had to deconstuct during the mission). All 490+. I probably should have been more selective in what I picked up, as my biggest annoyance has been inventory clearing constantly.

Anywho, I hear you about taking a break, though. There's a lot that will change, and there's a lot of good stuff to play.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
lol, sorry but that didin´t translate well at all in this game...

there is loads of stuff that is highly questionable for a second entry and the whole post from today is again like from a beta/early access game, they want feedback for everything from paying customers.

if people have nothing else to do than being paying playtesters, fine, for others this is a no go and they want a finished product which is rockstable and not a buggy game which changes every month in another direction. just shows that the base was far from being good.

The Division 1 provides far more variety and different playstyles than TD2. ever tried to play a shotgun in this game? it just isn´t viable, might as well get rid of them entirely.

they can hold their state of the games and make promises, in the end it is still about waiting for fixes to drop and as i already said by the time this game is in a fine state you can get it for 60% off. there was no point in playing this before because there will be many changes. now they change the talents, so look forward to gathering gear again because of changed talents that might suck after changing them.

supporting such half baked products day one is not good at all because it reassures those companies that it is okay to put out games that were not ready for primetime. i´ve learned my lesson and won´t ever again buy a GaaS type game again when they release, minimum wait time is 6months, if the game is in a good state by then, jumping in might be a cool choice, before it just isn´t worth it.

even better are always games that aren´t service games because there is no adjusting around periods and drip feed content phases.

Nothing you wrote here has anything to do with my post.

Why do you post these long diatribes that repeat the same opinions over and over? If you want to move on then move on my dude.

Tranqueris

Oct 26, 2017
Oh cool a new patch annnnd control points are fucked again and doing that thing where they don't give you credit for the 20+ minutes you spent trying to conquer the damn thing. This shit is truly impressive at this point.

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Anywho, I hear you about taking a break, though. There's a lot that will change, and there's a lot of good stuff to play.

I'm actually at the point where I want to take a break as well. I'm only around 480gs but it just feels a bit grindy to get to 500 and to what end ? (Gear up for the raid I guess). I only have a few friends I play with and not that interested in grouping up with randoms to make up the 8 players, so I'll probably just watch a twitch stream of that tbh

The next big content drop is Episode 1 which is a 2-3mths away...by that time the game will feel more fresh to me again as I am feeling really burnt out.

This is in no way a slant against the game, it is easily my GOTY so far, its just a personal thing for me...I'm not that interested in playing the same missions over and over again just to loot up and tinkering around with stats/equip isnt really my bag either. I'm in it mostly just to see the new content / story missions.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually at the point where I want to take a break as well. I'm only around 480gs but it just feels a bit grindy to get to 500 and to what end ? (Gear up for the raid I guess). I only have a few friends I play with and not that interested in grouping up with randoms to make up the 8 players, so I'll probably just watch a twitch stream of that tbh

The next big content drop is Episode 1 which is a 2-3mths away...by that time the game will feel more fresh to me again as I am feeling really burnt out.

This is in no way a slant against the game, it is easily my GOTY so far, its just a personal thing for me...I'm not that interested in playing the same missions over and over again just to loot up and tinkering around with stats/equip isnt really my bag either. I'm in it mostly just to see the new content / story missions.
You should join an Era clan if you ever want extra bodies for the raid.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Drops have been fine for me since hitting WT5 last week.

Past couple days I've gotten lots of cosmetic drops too finally.

At 498 GS. Rarely get purples.
Went from 479 to 498 in six hours today

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I just got a dupe earlier today and it was 40000 XP. Considerably more than what I got before (I think it was around 4000). I don't know if it depends on the rarity of the item or if they've upped the XP.
I got 2k xp yesterday for a hi-end dupe (dress shoes), so this is possible.

dm101

Nov 13, 2018

I hear you, I'm taking a break as well.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Getting to GS500 is not a grind cause you can do it in no time. Getting to GS500 with the build you have in mind with the rolls and talents you want and on gear brand you want is a whole different story lol

Fair enough, lol I've never been into builds (Division 2 has me doing builds though)but yea I JUST got the two I wanted. Some talents never roll.

I definitely feel the grind there.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like both Era Xbox clans are full. Anyone planning to start a third one?
Are you going by the "full" notes on the discord? They're not always accurate, drop into the channel and ask.

If you have, they should probably check for inactivity. We just did and dismissed 10 players so we could invite those looking.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Fair enough, lol I've never been into builds (Division 2 has me doing builds though)but yea I JUST got the two I wanted. Some talents never roll.

I definitely feel the grind there.

I just don't think it's worth the headache when we are due for significant balance changes over the next 2 months.

I would recommend people build for easy stuff, like a full elite damage set with hopefully some red rolls vs blue/yellow throwaways. With there being no viable tank or skill build, the variety is paltry and all focused on max dps, which isn't that hard to achieve some synergy.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't think it's worth the headache when we are due for significant balance changes over the next 2 months.

I would recommend people build for easy stuff, like a full elite damage set with hopefully some red rolls vs blue/yellow throwaways. With there being no viable tank or skill build, the variety is paltry and all focused on max dps, which isn't that hard to achieve some synergy.
Which is partially why I'm sitting on my 480 main build and not bothering to go too far optimizing it.

Saying this, though, their nerfs so far have been quite mild. Nothing has broken builds. So I'm personally not too concerned about changes.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Hmm.. really considering picking this up (just beat sekiro Ng+4). I would prefer to get it on PC where I can run it at 60fps no problem, but I'm worried that I'll get constantly owned if I use a controller, which is my preferred control method. Am I gonna get fucked on all the time in forced PvP areas, or is this less twitchy and thus more forgiving for controllers

ragingbegal

Oct 27, 2017
Are you going by the "full" notes on the discord? They're not always accurate, drop into the channel and ask.

If you have, they should probably check for inactivity. We just did and dismissed 10 players so we could invite those looking.
I was going by the roster shown in the game. It says both clans are maxed at 50 members.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm.. really considering picking this up (just beat sekiro Ng+4). I would prefer to get it on PC where I can run it at 60fps no problem, but I'm worried that I'll get constantly owned if I use a controller, which is my preferred control method. Am I gonna get fucked on all the time in forced PvP areas, or is this less twitchy and thus more forgiving for controllers

Your skill is going to be more of a factor overall. TD2 plays very nicely on gampad.

As usual, though, if you go 1on1 with equal skill you'll probably be at a disadvantage. But generally I'd say you'll be fine.

Game smarts, build, general tactics and skill are much more of a factor.

I was going by the roster shown in the game. It says both clans are maxed at 50 members.

Go to the discord and drop into their channels and ask, they may be clearing out inactive players soon. You could get your name on a list, or maybe they could boot someone for you now. Won't hurt to check.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Your skill is going to be more of a factor overall. TD2 plays very nicely on gampad.

As usual, though, if you go 1on1 with equal skill you'll probably be at a disadvantage. But generally I'd say you'll be fine.

Game smarts, build, general tactics and skill are much more of a factor.

Go to the discord and drop into their channels and ask, they may be clearing out inactive players soon. You could get your name on a list, or maybe they could boot someone for you now. Won't hurt to check.
Thanks for the reply

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just don't know what happened. My brother and I played through the whole campaign just fine. But, now the game is nearly unplayable for him as he just stutters around like crazy. And I can see it happen to him on my end. His character just freezes and jutters around. Our other friend just got the game and it is the same for him. But, it is more unusual for my brother since he had already played a good 30 hours without issues. Really sucks 'cause we pretty much can't play now.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
So my current assault rifle is good, but this other thing I found has higher attack power but the talents on it suck. Is there a way for me to consume that stronger assault rifle to bring my current assault rifle up higher?

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Getting to GS500 is not a grind cause you can do it in no time. Getting to GS500 with the build you have in mind with the rolls and talents you want and on gear brand you want is a whole different story lol

The only thing I'll say here is that different ppl have different interpretations of what feels like a grind to them. For me....repeating the same missions over and over just to gain minimal advanced in GS is a grind. "in no time' is also subjective...

Juzzomac

Oct 27, 2017
Tinkering with an AR build for the first time, and can't decide on

Strained (+10%) critical hit damage is gained for every 5% if your armour that is depleted
Optimist (Weapon damage is increased by +3% for every 10% ammo missing from the magazine).

Considering I have +0% Crit Chance, I'm guessing optimist will be better.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I'll say here is that different ppl have different interpretations of what feels like a grind to them. For me....repeating the same missions over and over just to gain minimal advanced in GS is a grind. "in no time' is also subjective...

You don't have to grind the same missions. You can do pretty much any activity in the game and make progress.