• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalasai

Jan 16, 2018
France
The servers will shut down for a scheduled maintenance Thursday, April 18th at 09:30 AM CEST / 03:30 AM EDT / 12:30 AM PDT. Estimated downtime is approximately 3 hours.

Patch Notes:
  • Fixed an issue where players were able to receive unlimited Snitch heroic bounties.
  • Fixed another issue where players were stuck after being revived while having a DoT state active.
  • Fixed other issues relating to players being stuck after revival.
  • Lowered NPC damage and health above normal difficulty.
  • Increased variety of NPCs spawned at higher difficulty levels.
  • Difficulty has been significantly decreased in Hard, moderately reduced in Challenge, and barely reduced in Heroic.
  • Fixed an issue related to Elite NPC aggressiveness in Heroic / Alert Level 4.
  • Reduced the damage output of Named bosses.
I don't understand the significantly in hard. The hard difficulty with some good stuff is a cake

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
VERY glad they are finally showing DZ some loot love.

But they also need a "light zone" equivalent. Heroic mode is a good step. Raids will likely drop high gear too.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heroic mode is in no way equivalent to the DZ, I don't mind the DZ but forcing people into it is a bad idea.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
The State Of The Game was very good today, and most of what they said is very encouraging. The separate PVE/PVP balancing, the way skill power is respected when going into PVP, the reiteration that PVE AI and health pools are being tweaked alongside the buffs/nerfs, the updated time to kill in PVP (to allow skill play a little more, etc.). I guess as someone who was used to having to re-grind gear from the first game, and realizing how abundant it is in this game (you can get 50+ pieces of 490-500 gear score items in so little time), I'm fine with the idea that things are being re-aligned 35 days into the game's life.

My two main questions are:
- can they nail the venn diagram of reducing bullet sponge enemies/their rushing AI, while still making it so builds matter (I don't mind nerfs, but if the difference between a hodepodge build and a synergized one that is fully optimized is small percentage points here and there, it's going to make builds not particularly importnat on all but Heroic difficulty. I guess that's maybe okay, though...it just really depends on how all of the tweaks come together).
- will they introduce 515 gear score to other areas (they said it's a possibility)? My feeling is that the DZ makes sense as a place to consistently drop the best loot (as there is risk/reward), but it shouldn't be the only place. DZ extractions can be far easier and more frequent than Heroic difficulty runs and, presumably Raid runs. I hope that those activities get boosts in loot value. It was nice in Div 1 when Legendary missions guaranteed exotic drops...and while DZ runs often dropped them too at an hourly rate, it wasn't always

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heroic mode is in no way equivalent to the DZ, I don't mind the DZ but forcing people into it is a bad idea.
I'd argue occupied DZ is very much equivalent. Shit is brutal in there.

EDIT: Not sure about heroic difficulty but Massive did confirm the raid will drop 515 gear.

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd argue occupied DZ is very much equivalent. Shit is brutal in there.

You basically evaporate in Heroic difficulty DZ, occupied or otherwise, doesnt compare IMO. I can bang through several landmarks much easier than I can finish a Heroic and when I die I'm not right back to the beginning.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You basically evaporate in Heroic difficulty DZ, occupied or otherwise, doesnt compare IMO. I can bang through several landmarks much easier than I can finish a Heroic and when I die I'm not right back to the beginning.
Ah I forgot it had no checkpoints.

Raids will also drop 515 gear by the way.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
PVP is fine but there is no sort of balancing or fairness in the DZ which ultimately leads to ganking, trolling and bullying and that puts off a lot of players.

Hence the extreme dislike for the DZ.

Yep, it's garbage IMO.
Especially as someone with no friends, and has difficulty talking on mic because of anxiety.

Getting ganked during extraction or some random asshole goes rogue and shit just goes chaotic. FPS tanks on base PS4 there too.
No one sticks together, one dude doing a landmark, the other AFK, one rogue and one guy doing extractions.

It's a mess.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could see there being a solo queue DZ. Helps against gank squads.

1 DZ is Occupied.
1 DZ is normalized
1 DZ is solo queue with other features to punish rogues harder.

They should have made DZ level/perks more interesting to make dying while rogue actually matter more.

I've had fairly positive solo DZ experiences so far (levle 35 or so)

I run into a squad doing a landmark and 70% of the time if they have room they will invite me. No mics needed.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
PVP is fine but there is no sort of balancing or fairness in the DZ which ultimately leads to ganking, trolling and bullying and that puts off a lot of players.

Hence the extreme dislike for the DZ.
2/3 of the Dark Zones are literally normalized for balancing. In the first game, it was entirely possible to come up with strategies to extract solo even when there were groups of four as rogues on the server. That said, nothing I say matters as right now the DZs are ghost towns and when the servers start being full, things will change up drastically. Either way, and I say this as primarily a PVE player, it makes sense to have incentivization for the DZ. It's the only area of the game that adds a risk of losing loot, so the loot should be plentiful and, on average, better. I'm confident that they will introduce 515 gear elsewhere (weekly missions on a specific difficulty, etc.), as guaranteed drops, but maybe just one at a time.

Also, feel free to matchmake with randoms in the DZ. Having a four person squad of randoms was totally fine in the first game against all but the most dedicated, coordinated groups.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Lynetta Jackson's quest for the 5.56 Extended Mag... what triggers it?

I've reached WT1 on my alt and it's not popped up yet. I've fully upgraded the Theatre, can't find precise info online.

Any ideas? I can't remember from my first playthrough

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Lynetta Jackson's quest for the 5.56 Extended Mag... what triggers it?

I've reached WT1 on my alt and it's not popped up yet. I've fully upgraded the Theatre, can't find precise info online.

Any ideas? I can't remember from my first playthrough
If I'm not mistaken, isn't this one that got changed? Like pre-patch the extended magazine was great (+30 rounds, minimal negative impact) and post launch it was drastically different? Either way, I believe you need to not just upgrade the Theatre settlement, get the mission from Lynetta Jackson, then complete the Department of Justice side mission (should be marked on your map).

That said, make sure you haven't already done that and aren't looking for the stats of the pre-patch mag from that mission.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm not mistaken, isn't this one that got changed? Like pre-patch the extended magazine was great (+30 rounds, minimal negative impact) and post launch it was drastically different? Either way, I believe you need to not just upgrade the Theatre settlement, get the mission from Lynetta Jackson, then complete the Department of Justice side mission (should be marked on your map).

That said, make sure you haven't already done that and aren't looking for the stats of the pre-patch mag from that mission.
Oh yes, I'm aware it was changed. +10 rounds is still very nice.

My issue is Jackson is not offering the DoJ side-mission and I can't figure out why.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Oh yes, I'm aware it was changed. +10 rounds is still very nice.

My issue is Jackson is not offering the DoJ side-mission and I can't figure out why.
Hrmm. Are you for sure fully upgraded? Maybe just click on every Theatre option you can (check settlement progress, check projects, check to make sure there's no orange exclamations pointing you to new additions to the settlement, etc.)? My only suggestions would be:
- progress everything you can (theatre first, but maybe it's also level locked?);
- check the crafting bench to make sure you didn't already unlock it but not craft it yet;
- try to join someone's game that hasn't done it yet as a last resort?

Could just be buggy. I can't spawn 2 of the hunters, and it's frustrating...

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Hrmm. Are you for sure fully upgraded? Maybe just click on every Theatre option you can (check settlement progress, check projects, check to make sure there's no orange exclamations pointing you to new additions to the settlement, etc.)? My only suggestions would be:
- progress everything you can (theatre first, but maybe it's also level locked?);
- check the crafting bench to make sure you didn't already unlock it but not craft it yet;
- try to join someone's game that hasn't done it yet as a last resort?

Could just be buggy. I can't spawn 2 of the hunters, and it's frustrating...
Done all of those things aside from the join another's game. I'd imagine that will be a pain to find.

There must be some kind of specific prerequisite for the quest though, which could be something I've not done yet.

I'll work through the remaining side missions and see if it eventually triggers.

Thanks for your input!

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Well, so the DZ will be the only place to drop 515 gear (and perhaps the raid) rendering all the other PVE activities pointless, is that it ?

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Well, so the DZ will be the only place to drop 515 gear (and perhaps the raid) rendering all the other PVE activities pointless, is that it ?
They've only announced the DZ as the place to get 515 gear. My expectation would be that at most, it stays that way for a small period of time. Division (the first game) settled on a nice balance that made sure you were always able to get the best gear in the game from various activities. Some were more abundant, but if you were chasing exotics, you could go after Legendary missions once a week, the weekly assignment, the Dark Zone (and contamination events in the DZ) etc. Some were more efficient, time wise, but nothing was locked to a specific type of activity in the end for the game. I expect Division 2 to get to that point as well. Maybe not instantly, but soon enough.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Nothing has dropped to replace my Airaldi Holdings holster with talent Fill'Er Up.
Everything is 500 but holster is 496.
The ones that drop don't have talents so I can't recal.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They've only announced the DZ as the place to get 515 gear. My expectation would be that at most, it stays that way for a small period of time. Division (the first game) settled on a nice balance that made sure you were always able to get the best gear in the game from various activities. Some were more abundant, but if you were chasing exotics, you could go after Legendary missions once a week, the weekly assignment, the Dark Zone (and contamination events in the DZ) etc. Some were more efficient, time wise, but nothing was locked to a specific type of activity in the end for the game. I expect Division 2 to get to that point as well. Maybe not instantly, but soon enough.

DZ being faster I can get with.

DZ being exclusive would be bad design.

It was an offhanded reddit comment as they didnt want to be talking too much about the raid.

But in response to a poster complaining about the DZ being the only place to get 515 gear a Massive dev said "Without spoiling too much about the raid.... it does not take place in the DZ"

There will FOR SURE be light zone ways to get that gear. Ideally more than JUST the raid. But it shouldn't be dropping from rando chests and easy missions like gear has up to now. There needs to be some form of "pinnacle" activities. Every loot game has them.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It was an offhanded reddit comment as they didnt want to be talking too much about the raid.

But in response to a poster complaining about the DZ being the only place to get 515 gear a Massive dev said "Without spoiling too much about the raid.... it does not take place in the DZ"

There will FOR SURE be light zone ways to get that gear. Ideally more than JUST the raid. But it shouldn't be dropping from rando chests and easy missions like gear has up to now. There needs to be some form of "pinnacle" activities. Every loot game has them.
Which all sounds reasonable to me. You don't need the highest gear for anything but the highest activities anyway, so those should be the places that drop them.

As long as it's in PvE with a resonable rate, I'm good. I like DZ anyway, but plenty of people don't.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Massive will clarify their position soon because the subreddit is on fire with people worrying the game is dead now because everyone will be in DZ

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
A dev on reddit already hinted that the raid would give 515GS score items as well.
If GS score mattered, this would be news I guess.

ODDI

Oct 27, 2017
Ehhh hearing more nerfs (and some buffs) got me burnt out I'm going back to D1, wait in queue for an hour to play Survival.

Risky_Bigness

Oct 27, 2017
USA
A community manager posted this:

Hey guys,​
There was a lot to talk about on the stream today. I want to start off by saying the raid will drop the highest gear score (TBA), not the Dark Zones. As we've been transparent with our thoughts and decisions up until this point, we will continue to do so going forward. While we do want to experiment with Dark Zone rewards, we're taking everyone's feedback into account. It's still super early and we want to see how the content and looting plays on live. That's not to say things cannot be tweaked.​

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB

Pinnacle activities are great for guaranteed drops. Stuff like "you're guaranteed an exotic weapon or a 515 gear set blueprint for defeating the raid once a week." BUT, the Division, later in its life, was also great about allowing that stuff to drop randomly. It could be extremely low chances to drop an exotic from a random named boss in the open world, but even just having that chance meant a lot of people played different activities and took the time to drop enemy squads instead of sprinting past them. I would expect the same from Division 2...maybe not right away, but eventually. Because the first game essentially made the open world useless until a patch allowed the LZ bosses to drop gear sets and exotics with a not insignificant chance.

As it is, the open world is great for me, as the Deck of 52, the bounties and control points are all constantly rewarding. Once I get all blueprints, and the commendation for the deck, if 515s have no chance to drop from supply rooms, named bosses and bounties, those too will end up activities that get fully ignored. All that to say, I have faith that Massive will find a balance that most rewards Dark Zone, Heroic and Raids, while not completely shutting off the gear of those levels from other activities.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Spotter has 20% dmg on PTS and Compensated was boosted to 20% as well, I like those changes, I would run Spotter now instead of Hard Hitting on my mask.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Just read through the State of the Game and the summary of talent changes. To me it looks like they're trying to make choices more relevant when picking talents, by requiring you to specialize based on gear attribute distribution while simultaneously reducing the pressure to build for certain must-have talents. Like, Patience got a nerf, and that's going to suck for me because it's a cornerstone of my build going back to before WT1. But on the other hand, I feel like Patience is essentially required; I cannot imagine playing the game without it anymore, not at the levels you have to play at in endgame.

If the rest of the game is adjusted so that constant armor regen isn't as necessary, that's a good thing in my books. It sounds like that's the ultimate goal, based on the comments about reducing the difficulty of Hard and Challenging so that enemies aren't as sponge-y, and thus don't demand the use of DPS-boosting talents. We'll see how successful they are at striking a new balance, but I think the principle is sound.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
ohhh nice buff on the Spotter, that thing is more useful now, i'm glad i kept every kind of trait on every armor lol

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
As a non pvp player, I ain't even mad about 515 dark zone drops. Extracting is a risk and SHOULD absolutely be rewarded otherwise why have that mode at all except to grief. Why would any of us truely give a fuck if the gear a stranger gets rolls with a .5% higher critical damage cap? If you don't play pvp you won't ever face that. The difference in damage is negligible and would boil down to you landing an extra head shot vs them missing a shot in any random encounter.

Exclusive talents would be a meaningful difference I would get mad about. Easily inflated almost meaningless GS values (given how things currently roll) are not worth the anger

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
I have to say I'm ok with those changes. It looks like you gonna have to commit to the color now to get the most out of it.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Also Massive said that DZ will get 515 drops but Raid will get higher GS items than 515, they don't have a number to tell yet but it will be higher than DZ gear.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
The servers will shut down for a scheduled maintenance Thursday, April 18th at 09:30 AM CEST / 03:30 AM EDT / 12:30 AM PDT. Estimated downtime is approximately 3 hours.

Patch Notes:
  • Fixed an issue where players were able to receive unlimited Snitch heroic bounties.
  • Fixed another issue where players were stuck after being revived while having a DoT state active.
  • Fixed other issues relating to players being stuck after revival.
  • Lowered NPC damage and health above normal difficulty.
  • Increased variety of NPCs spawned at higher difficulty levels.
  • Difficulty has been significantly decreased in Hard, moderately reduced in Challenge, and barely reduced in Heroic.
  • Fixed an issue related to Elite NPC aggressiveness in Heroic / Alert Level 4.
  • Reduced the damage output of Named bosses.
I don't understand the significantly in hard. The hard difficulty with some good stuff is a cake

Hard is a breeze solo, but at 4 players it quickly balloons into some challenging territory with spongyness that it basically felt the same aside from 4 less purples per wave so I'm glad it's being addressed. There needs to be some meaningful changes when you go up, and normal to hard and hard to challenging just wasn't smooth a curve as it could be, imo