• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
DZ being faster I can get with.

DZ being exclusive would be bad design.
Well it was fun while it lasted, I'm not playing DZ and if that is the go to way to get gear then I wish Massive the best of luck.

Way to fuck up a solid system.

In before the, GS doesn't matter, it isn't a big deal etc. Cool, then there is no need for this change.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Well it was fun while it lasted, I'm not playing DZ and if that is the go to way to get gear then I wish Massive the best of luck.

Way to fuck up a solid system.

The beauty of the game now is that all activities can reward you with the best gear and that brings huge variety. You lock best gear behind one or two activities and you tell your players not to play 80% of the game.

Oct 25, 2017
The beauty of the game now is that all activities can reward you with the best gear and that brings huge variety. You lock best gear behind one or two activities and you tell your players not to play 80% of the game.
Yep, and if they don't enjoy that portion of the game well...get your walking papers. I have zero desire to play pvp, zero.

Division needs to get to a point where they incorporate 'seasons' or something. It is exceptionally disheartening to farm farm farm, for a build to have it completely destroyed one week later. Why do I even want to farm?

I also don't see how what they are doing is going to promote build diversity.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

you will see that this formula won´t go well when this raid releases. they have already said there won´t be raid exclusive gear so the incentive to run this raid is low from the get go. sometimes it doesn´t matter that you can get gear for everything, there need to be special rewards to make it worthwile. this will blow up in their face.

other than that, i chuckled at the delayed raid release and the recent news, as i said this game has severe problems and is slowly falling apart with all the inconsistencies and bugs under the hood.

game was far from ready for release last month, this last patches came in a little bit too hot, now they are tuning around wildly and show again that they haven´t learned from the first game.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Wait, they really said that going forward we'll have to do dark zones or raids in order to get the best gear? That really sucks. Every activity should have a chance to give you the best loot. I didn't buy this game to play pvp and I'm not sure I really want to matchmake into a possibly challenging and possibly long raid with a bunch of random people who may or may not stick around until the end

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Well alrighty. I have the full set of Patriot gear. Weapons are kind of meh but sitting at 497. I think I should be good for raiding then. I'll just keep looking for some good weapons. Not sure if I want to go Demo or Surv.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
I see that Patience slso got some changes on PTS and now you have to be in cover 5 second gor it to start working and I think it needs more blues to work. If it makes to update then I'll drop it as well and go with braced, cause waiting 5 second for it to trigger is a long time.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Patience should have never been a talent in the first place. You know it's screwed when everyone under the sun uses it. It should been a base mechanic in the game, challenging content is tedious as hell without it.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
you will see that this formula won´t go well when this raid releases. they have already said there won´t be raid exclusive gear so the incentive to run this raid is low from the get go. sometimes it doesn´t matter that you can get gear for everything, there need to be special rewards to make it worthwile. this will blow up in their face.

other than that, i chuckled at the delayed raid release and the recent news, as i said this game has severe problems and is slowly falling apart with all the inconsistencies and bugs under the hood.

game was far from ready for release last month, this last patches came in a little bit too hot, now they are tuning around wildly and show again that they haven´t learned from the first game.
Higher chance for highest gear in Raid and ODZ
Cosmetics exclusive to the Raid and ODZ
Commendations, perhaps even player titles to show off specific achievements

Easy. Incentivized.

I get to feel like my time in the ODZ and the Raid is rewarding, and those who don't still like to play those modes still have a shot at higher gear.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Man, ODZ is just stupid. Go down in two or three shots to someone I've unloaded half an LMG clip into. People who've clearly optimized to hell and back, and you just don't have a chance.

It's funny, though. Sometimes we win anyway.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
On the whole I'm not too concerned about the talent reworks, I haven't used patience, UF or Berserk since Tidal Basin dropped and just stack Damage to Elites on everything possible with my Unhinged LMG which is a buff imo as I can drop an accuracy or stability mod for more DTE with the weapon talent changing from - 35% to - 25% weapon handling.

Obviously I can see why people will be pissed after farming x amount of time for rolls to synergies well on their build but guess I'm kinda used to it with how long I stuck with div1 for.

I do think big changes like this only after a month since release is a tad on the extreme side yet its a double edged sword for Massive, they leave OP stuff in and people complain, they rework/balance early on and the people who busted their ass to get the gear are rightly unhappy so I can see both arguments.

Having rewatched state of the game, I missed the fact that even if you do have 515 gear throughout your load out you still get normalised to 500 in the DZ, it's not like it's 515 vs 500 PVP. My experience of the DZ has been kinda meh, solo'd and been in a group in the ODZ and rarely saw anyone and when we did we had afew checkpoint battles and that was it so can see why they're trying to give an incentive to go in there for 515 gear to populate it more. At least they've confirmed it won't be the only place to get 515's. For gearscore purist it's also the quickest farm for straight 500's, once rank 50 (that sounds alot but it truly isn't, you rank up so quick) you get a field proficiency cache for every rank there after which are always 500s with 2 possibly 3 items with the bonus and I've had it down to 2-3 landmarks to rank up each time after 50. Don't get me wrong, it can be annoying getting ganked at an extraction but it's not the big bad place people make it out to be and if a particular server annoyed you it's an easy switch.

Has anyone got 4+ in a server like in div1 where you could get at least 2 teams in an instance?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
People's obsession with that GS number is facinating to me. Maybe coming from FF14 where often times Best in Slots stat wise are often not the highest numbered tier has numbed me to the effect.

People need to cool it on the farms. Just come back when adjustments are done. Games like this always have a transition period where the adapt and balance and it seems so shortsighted to dive so hard into perfect builds weeks after launch. The game didn't even launch with it's final modes and difficulties for Pete's sake. Change was inevitable

Shawcroft

Oct 29, 2017
515s being exclusive to DZ was definitely ringing alarm bells for me.

Even with the news that raids will (at least also) reward the best gear... okay, cool. I probably won't do raids either, for various reasons.

But I feel like at least part of the reason why Division 2 got such a good reception at and near launch was the way you could play whatever content you liked, and make progress.

And I'd hate for that to go away.

I don't think anyone expects Story mode replays of missions to give you 515 gear or whatever, but come on.

PVE and the open world are such huge parts of the game, at least to me, it'd be criminal if they screwed this up.

Edit: Just to clarify, I know these changes are weeks out and there's no real need to panic. These are just my initial thoughts.

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
515s being exclusive to DZ was definitely ringing alarm bells for me.

Even with the news that raids will (at least also) reward the best gear... okay, cool. I probably won't do raids either, for various reasons.

But I feel like at least part of the reason why Division 2 got such a good reception at and near launch was the way you could play whatever content you liked, and make progress.

And I'd hate for that to go away.

I don't think anyone expects Story mode replays of missions to give you 515 gear or whatever, but come on.

PVE and the open world are such huge parts of the game, at least to me, it'd be criminal if they screwed this up.

Edit: Just to clarify, I know these changes are weeks out and there's no real need to panic. These are just my initial thoughts.

I think gear dropping from any activity is great though I get why they want to entice people to certain content. There has to be a risk/reward to things.
If you are into PvP you can do DZ if you prefer PvE you can do the raid. Though as a destiny player who never had time to 'raid' due to crazyness of having a young family I know how restrictive that can be. Though at the same time I never needed or earned the most 'high' end gear because I didn't tackle the most high end content.

Just curious why would you need the highest level gear if you aren't interested in raids (highest level content) or PvP?
Builds with GS 500 should be enough to handle any PvE open world or missions. I'm only WT2 but I assume this would be right?

Games like this need to try and find a tricky balance, hardcore players want (and should be rewarded) with exclusive gear/cosmetics for finishing the highest end content but other players also need to feel like their character is progressing. Will be interesting to see where it ends up.

Last edited:

Bitsurugi

Nov 2, 2017
I tried with some friends, we got 8 ppl in a DZ instance. Was actually fun, as that felt like a real ''Division'' not a few random dudes.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Is this game under maintenance every night? Or just every time I have time to play?

No joke, three out of my, ~six sessions have been blocked or cut short because of server shutdown.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Patch Notes:

Fixed an issue where players were able to receive unlimited Snitch heroic bounties.
Fixed another issue where players were stuck after being revived while having a DoT state active.
Fixed other issues relating to players being stuck after revival.
Lowered NPC damage and health above normal difficulty.
Increased variety of NPCs spawned at higher difficulty levels.
Difficulty has been significantly decreased in Hard, moderately reduced in Challenge, and barely reduced in Heroic.
Fixed an issue related to Elite NPC aggressiveness in Heroic / Alert Level 4.
Reduced the damage output of Named bosses.

Really don't get the health/difficulty reworks. Tune down heroic, scale enemy HP/armour in 4 players groups correctly was what it needed. Hard didn't need touching at all so find that quite bizarre, "significantly decreased" like, what?

Oct 27, 2017
So they lowered the difficulty on Challenge missions?

Not that I can complain, I was annoyed yesterday by how easily yellow mobs on challenge difficulty killed me. But I don't know if I really think the difficulty needed to be lowered.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry, but hard did not need nerfing at all and they reduced difficulty, enemy health, damage, the works... WTF? I don't think even challenge needed it either.

They're just going to keep doing this until there are no more "bullet sponges" in the game. Wonder what they will say when the raid comes out and people complain about "bullet sponge" enemies there. Will they just keep on nerfing. Then they'll reduce the effectiveness of skills and talents to compensate and so it will go on.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Patch Notes:

Really don't get the health/difficulty reworks. Tune down heroic, scale enemy HP/armour in 4 players groups correctly was what it needed. Hard didn't need touching at all so find that quite bizarre, "significantly decreased" like, what?

It's done to balance the reduced dps and survivability from the OP builds that will get nerfed post patch once the PTS is over.

But I agree, hard did not need any changes. Just tweak scaling for 3/4 players in challenging and heroic, and reduce the skill spam and one shot attacks of elites and named bosses.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Ahh, pretty much my main build was nerfed to hell. Almost unusable now. Need to spend time finding new stuff to try something else out. Yeah, this is a reminder why I never used to like always online games like this. Kinda' taken the fun out of it. We'll see but new games are on the horizon. If the games loses that fun feeling well i have other options.
Also, if changes like this are done for PvP reasons then that really fucks me off.

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh, pretty much my main build was nerfed to hell. Almost unusable now. Need to spend time finding new stuff to try something else out. Yeah, this is a reminder why I never used to like always online games like this. Kinda' taken the fun out of it. We'll see but new games are on the horizon. If the games loses that fun feeling well i have other options.
Also, if changes like this are done for PvP reasons then that really fucks me off.
Not all online games are like this though, Diablo 3 doesn't rapidly deploy sweeping game balance patches and neither does Destiny. The fact that you can farm for gear and it can be completely different in 2-3 weeks is a bit of a kick in the teeth. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if we had STORAGE so I could hold all the gear that might or might not be changed...

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Not all online games are like this though, Diablo 3 doesn't rapidly deploy sweeping game balance patches and neither does Destiny. The fact that you can farm for gear and it can be completely different in 2-3 weeks is a bit of a kick in the teeth. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if we had STORAGE so I could hold all the gear that might or might not be changed...
Oh storage is a real nightmare for me lol. Too much of a hoarder!

durrTK

Oct 27, 2017
I'm down with idea of seasons and please bring back global events. The seasonal mode gives people a chance to come back fresh and gives the game new life with seasonal gear. While we're at it, I'm not opposed to stealing the paragon levels system in some form from Diablo 3.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I finally completed the main story (all solo), and hit World Tier 1. Says my gear score is 250ish.

Not really sure what to do now, I feel completely overwhelmed by the map....

Can someone give me a quick rundown of what I should be doing now? I see there are ton of invaded missions, do I do these?

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
I finally completed the main story (all solo), and hit World Tier 1. Says my gear score is 250ish.

Can someone give me a quick rundown of what I should be doing now? I see there are ton of invaded missions, do I do these?

Each stronghold has 2 invaded missions linked to it. Completing 2 invaded missions and the linked stronghold will take you to the next world tier, rinse and repeat with the remaining missions and strongholds to keep advancing the world tiers.

If you want to speed through this process to reach world tier 5, buy vendor items with higher gear score than your equipped piece and upgrade your crafting bench each world tier to craft a missing piece or 2 that will bump your overall gear score up to reach the threshold for each stronghold as a require gear score is needed for each strong hold.

Other than that the same loot boxes across the map, control points and caches will all gradually keep bumping up your gear score.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017

Each of the strongholds will have a recommended gearscore and main missions to complete before you can enter. Do the missions to unlock the stronghold, get near or at the required gearscore and then run that stronghold.

Upon completion it will take you to the next World Tier.

Repeat above process for the next stronghold.
don't worry about builds until WT5
check your crafting bench to see if it can be upgraded (can't remember the tiers it becomes available)

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Each stronghold has 2 invaded missions linked to it. Completing 2 invaded missions and the linked stronghold will take you to the next world tier, rinse and repeat with the remaining missions and strongholds to keep advancing the world tiers.

If you want to speed through this process to reach world tier 5, buy vendor items with higher gear score than your equipped piece and upgrade your crafting bench each world tier to craft a missing piece or 2 that will bump your overall gear score up to reach the threshold for each stronghold as a require gear score is needed for each strong hold.

Other than that the same loot boxes across the map, control points and caches will all gradually keep bumping up your gear score.
Each of the strongholds will have a recommended gearscore and main missions to complete before you can enter. Do the missions to unlock the stronghold, get near or at the required gearscore and then run that stronghold.

Upon completion it will take you to the next World Tier.

Repeat above process for the next stronghold.
don't worry about builds until WT5
check your crafting bench to see if it can be upgraded (can't remember the tiers it becomes available)

Thank you!

I haven't done hunter masks, dyes, hidden hotel loot boxes, or exotic weapons yet.

Should I focus on knocking these out in WT1 so they are easier/fast to do?

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Thank you!

I haven't done hunter masks, dyes, hidden hotel loot boxes, or exotic weapons yet.

Should I focus on knocking these out in WT1 so they are easier/fast to do?

I left the majority until WT5, Hunters are 1 shot with demolition GL, the thing like exotics scale to your world tier so to save crafting mats etc I'd do them in WT5 if getting there is your main objective.

Dyes is upto you, if you see the crate along your way through the world tiers them claim it. I think its the first 10 that contain a dye iirc.

I'd say difficulty pretty much scales well throughout the tiers, I've never felt I wish I had done something on a lower world tier because its difficult as you become more powerful as your gear upgrades as you progress through the world tiers.

Oct 27, 2017
Patience should have never been a talent in the first place. You know it's screwed when everyone under the sun uses it. It should been a base mechanic in the game, challenging content is tedious as hell without it.
I almost feel like my Ubi account is bugged or something as I've never seen the "Patience" talent and I have two characters (Xbox and PC, over 250 hours in-game) in WT5, 500+ GS, yada, yada, yada...

I have no other way to explain what is happening here. Is Patience relegated to a certain Brand of gear (well, knee pads)?

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
I almost feel like my Ubi account is bugged or something as I've never seen the "Patience" talent and I have two characters (Xbox and PC, over 250 hours in-game) in WT5, 500+ GS, yada, yada, yada...

I have no other way to explain what is happening here. Is Patience relegated to a certain Brand of gear (well, knee pads)?

Dunno what's happening there, I've got pieces in the stash with it on Fenris, D&H, Gila Guard and Murakami (none modified). Yes knee pads only, little turtle shell icon.

So I've ran the 3 invaded missions on challenging (actually like Grand Washington Hotel invaded) and enemies are dropping far too easily imo. Got 3 commendations all for not losing armour in each mission. None of my build is effected by the talent nerfs currently in the pts, 2 missions were solo, 1 was with a group of 4. AI seemed to have been toned down and I don't mean them rushing you, I mean them just being thick. Standing out in the open in groups, running into each other, doing 180s on the spot etc. My build isn't nothing special at all, 5 pieces with DTE, 1 with Devasting, Sharpshooter specialist, Mk17, M249 Para secondary, 44% rifle dmg bonus, 15.5% LMG dmg bonus, 123% DTE, 230k amour, 30k health.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Dunno what's happening there, I've got pieces in the stash with it on Fenris, D&H, Gila Guard and Murakami (none modified). Yes knee pads only, little turtle shell icon.
Just checked the clan vendor and they have knee pads with Patience. I guess in a way it was good to learn to survive without it but I'm excited to check it out nonetheless.

TangoTango

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a bug? I was going on a Hunter hunt tonight, might skip it then.
Yeah, if you get killed by the hunters, sometimes they won't respawn. I tried getting the Midas and revenant masks, killed the revenant, and then died trying to get the Midas, and I can't get it to spawn again. There's a work around, by joining someone else's game who hasn't done them and having them spawn the hunters.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Had my first crash while extracting in the dead zone, also first time trying it. Is this a constant thing on pc, because I really don't want to waste my time.