• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Then I don't know sorry. I've not had a single crash on DX11. It might just be more random and nothing to worry about if it's your first in ages.

Of course not... the PTS only just went live.
By any chance has it been taking you longer to load/start the game since the patch this week?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Ok good, glad they aren't rushing things.
PTS are generally left for a little while so the community can get to grips with the changes and feedback, they're not always a given in terms of what will change. There may very well be an amended patch list when we see it.

By any chance has it been taking you longer to load/start the game since the patch this week?
Yes. It takes like 2 mins sometimes more for the window to even appear, then it's black for a minute or so, then it loads (slowly) until I'm in the menu and everything is normal again.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, if you get killed by the hunters, sometimes they won't respawn. I tried getting the Midas and revenant masks, killed the revenant, and then died trying to get the Midas, and I can't get it to spawn again. There's a work around, by joining someone else's game who hasn't done them and having them spawn the hunters.

Ah ok. I managed to get Ghoul.

What platform are you on? I haven't done Midas or Revenant. If you need to join a game to get them to spawn again.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Another person struggling with hunters not spawning (on XBOX).

Missing three:
- Phantom: I killed the three hunters around him, but couldn't get him to spawn. Now when I go there at night, I can't pull the lever to spawn them again?
- Spectre: my world is bugged and doing the whole "shoot the windows" thing doesn't work. I joined someone else's world and it looks like it should work, but still no spawn. Here's some info for those struggling with this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...nyone_stuck_on_the_specter_hunter_mask_ivory/
- And I still have to kill that fucker you one need to one shot. I have no reason to believe he is bugged, but I just keep forgetting to do that at night, and when the Monument keeps getting taken over, it's frustrating to get there.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Also: got to say that logging in this morning, I really didn't notice a dramatic change in difficulty in Hard Mode (when I did the daily mission). I found it was still easy if I played smart, but enemies were still hitting hard enough and some were tanky enough that I couldn't just run in guns blazing like I kind of expected to.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they're even increasing Gear Score is lame.

Turn off DX12.

I guess I don't know what it means for them to "increase gear score," since it is already possible to get 515 items now through recalibration. Like, is it the same potential rolls for the damage/armor, bonuses, etc. but just skewed towards the higher end for each roll? In other words, if you recal these items, do they already turn out to have god rolls for each aspect and can't be raised any further? Or are we talking about a higher stat budget altogether and now the theoretical max is, say, 530 after recal?

I'm also not sure it makes a difference to me personally (except for semantics, my favourite thing to overthink!) but I feel like one is increasing gear score and one is just giving you better guaranteed rolls on the same gear.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I guess I don't know what it means for them to "increase gear score," since it is already possible to get 515 items now through recalibration. Like, is it the same potential rolls for the damage/armor, bonuses, etc. but just skewed towards the higher end for each roll? In other words, if you recal these items, do they already turn out to have god rolls for each aspect and can't be raised any further? Or are we talking about a higher stat budget altogether and now the theoretical max is, say, 530 after recal?

I'm also not sure it makes a difference to me personally (except for semantics, my favourite thing to overthink!) but I feel like one is increasing gear score and one is just giving you better guaranteed rolls on the same gear.
From the sounds of it, 515 items (the new ones) have the chance to roll higher than the maximum values of 500 items (the same way that fully optimal 500 items will be better than fully optimal 490 items with the same stats). But chances are that for a lot of drops, 500 will be better or comparable, just because there is a lot of variance in what can drop, and a better item isn't necessarily better for a specific build. On the PTS, Marcostyle said that when recalibrating now, there's no more limits to the attributes you are re-rolling. So if something was maxed out at 3.5% crit chance, but you have another item with 7% crit chance, recalibrating it to the new gun will actually get you the full 7% instead of capping it. Previously, if you did this, it would stick at 3.5% chance, but likely boost your gear's score by 15 points. So it would look like it's better, but it wouldn't really be. The 515s in the current game appear to just be a bit of a bug. You can increase an item from 500 to 515 without actually changing the value of a stat.

All that to say, expect 515s to have better armor values and stat ranges than 500s, don't expect all 515s to be better than 500s (depending how the attributes are distributed).

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I left the majority until WT5, Hunters are 1 shot with demolition GL, the thing like exotics scale to your world tier so to save crafting mats etc I'd do them in WT5 if getting there is your main objective.

Dyes is upto you, if you see the crate along your way through the world tiers them claim it. I think its the first 10 that contain a dye iirc.

I'd say difficulty pretty much scales well throughout the tiers, I've never felt I wish I had done something on a lower world tier because its difficult as you become more powerful as your gear upgrades as you progress through the world tiers.

Gotcha, thank you.

I think I'm going to pickup whatever SHD caches I am missing and get some gear dyes, then focus on missions and such.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
From the sounds of it, 515 items (the new ones) have the chance to roll higher than the maximum values of 500 items (the same way that fully optimal 500 items will be better than fully optimal 490 items with the same stats). But chances are that for a lot of drops, 500 will be better or comparable, just because there is a lot of variance in what can drop, and a better item isn't necessarily better for a specific build. On the PTS, Marcostyle said that when recalibrating now, there's no more limits to the attributes you are re-rolling. So if something was maxed out at 3.5% crit chance, but you have another item with 7% crit chance, recalibrating it to the new gun will actually get you the full 7% instead of capping it. Previously, if you did this, it would stick at 3.5% chance, but likely boost your gear's score by 15 points. So it would look like it's better, but it wouldn't really be. The 515s in the current game appear to just be a bit of a bug. You can increase an item from 500 to 515 without actually changing the value of a stat.

All that to say, expect 515s to have better armor values and stat ranges than 500s, don't expect all 515s to be better than 500s (depending how the attributes are distributed).

Okay, so a legit raising of the ceiling, not just biasing the rolls towards the existing upper limits. Got it. Also, I wish I'd known about them removing the limits when recalibrating beforehand, I recal'ed my armor yesterday!

astro

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not a fan of increasing power levels with new content, I'd rather see additional horizontal progression.

It just seems artificial when it's done, often rendering old gear "obsolete" and restarting the gear grind. It's not a fun way of adding new things, for me at least.

Mob

Oct 25, 2017
Another person struggling with hunters not spawning (on XBOX).

Missing three:
- Phantom: I killed the three hunters around him, but couldn't get him to spawn. Now when I go there at night, I can't pull the lever to spawn them again?
- Spectre: my world is bugged and doing the whole "shoot the windows" thing doesn't work. I joined someone else's world and it looks like it should work, but still no spawn. Here's some info for those struggling with this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...nyone_stuck_on_the_specter_hunter_mask_ivory/
- And I still have to kill that fucker you one need to one shot. I have no reason to believe he is bugged, but I just keep forgetting to do that at night, and when the Monument keeps getting taken over, it's frustrating to get there.

You don't need to one shot the ghost mask hunter now.
If you do the monument stuff (get the control point, hit the button, salute 3 graves, hit the button) and go back upstairs you'll see an orange circle on the ground right outside the entrance to the control point elevator shaft area, stand in it and he'll spawn correctly and engage in combat instead of running away or despawning.

https://youtu.be/8PSBAjXczhI

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of increasing power levels with new content, I'd rather see additional horizontal progression.

It just seems artificial when it's done, often rendering old gear "obsolete" and restarting the gear grind. It's not a fun way of adding new things, for me at least.
With bigger gear score jumps I'd agree but this is hardly an increase.

For one, people were surpassing 500 with recal. So 510 was the hard cap if I recall.

Second, gear score has a range. You could feasibly get a 500 item with better stats than a 515.

For isntance, a 500 chest can roll from 47-50k armor. A 515 chest could roll from 49-52k.
And even then, an optimized 500 gear score agent can outperform an average 515 gear set agent by a WIDE and noticeable margin. At this point, going from 500 to 515 is less about your old gear is obsolete and more about min/maxing. You have a chance at getting this gear but at slightly better stats.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Edited

No cap on recalibration of an attribute on a gear piece on the pts is welcome. It's annoying seeing a 11% dmg attribute capped at (for example) 6.5% when transferring. Makes it a priority getting the gear piece with the talent you want so you can boost the attribute rather than waste your recal on a talent swap if the attributes are average at best.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Okay, so a legit raising of the ceiling, not just biasing the rolls towards the existing upper limits. Got it. Also, I wish I'd known about them removing the limits when recalibrating beforehand, I recal'ed my armor yesterday!
It's on the PTS, so there's no guarantee that it makes it to the live game. But that's something that would drastically change what people look for in gear. You'd want high armor rolls, low attribute rools, then recalibrate them.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
You don't need to one shot the ghost mask hunter now.
If you do the monument stuff (get the control point, hit the button, salute 3 graves, hit the button) and go back upstairs you'll see an orange circle on the ground right outside the entrance to the control point elevator shaft area, stand in it and he'll spawn correctly and engage in combat instead of running away or despawning.

https://youtu.be/8PSBAjXczhI
Somehow I missed this completely. This is amazing. Thank you. I was getting very frustrated.

Happy to report that going into someone else's world let me pull the lever for the four hunters again. So that one should be doable.

Unfortunately, the one at the contamination site is still bugged for me.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
With bigger gear score jumps I'd agree but this is hardly an increase.

For one, people were surpassing 500 with recal. So 510 was the hard cap if I recall.

Second, gear score has a range. You could feasibly get a 500 item with better stats than a 515.

For isntance, a 500 chest can roll from 47-50k armor. A 515 chest could roll from 49-52k.
And even then, an optimized 500 gear score agent can outperform an average 515 gear set agent by a WIDE and noticeable margin. At this point, going from 500 to 515 is less about your old gear is obsolete and more about min/maxing. You have a chance at getting this gear but at slightly better stats.
It's still bad imo, it doesn't matter if it's relatively inconsequential, people enjoy maxing out stuff.

The issue is not really that we have this small increase, but the precedent it sets for them doing it more often.

Mob

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I missed this completely. This is amazing. Thank you. I was getting very frustrated.

Happy to report that going into someone else's world let me pull the lever for the four hunters again. So that one should be doable.

The contamination site was bugged in my world too. I got it done in someone else's world but the first couple I tried were also bugged, think it was the 4th or 5th one I tried that worked so it's worth trying a random's world on free play every so often.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019

IIRC, the Specter Hunter is reportedly bugged in WT5, so its best to hold off till they fix it

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
FWIW, the attributes cap from Reclibration are removed in the PTS, so that's a step in the right direction

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the weekly apparel quest wants you to beat the American History Musuem against the Hyenas but its the True Sons that occupy it. Anyone know is this is a bug and clearing the true sons version clears it?

Mob

Oct 25, 2017
I believe you're talking about the UNITE fix they added in Tidal Basin Update that makes Ghost Hunter spawn properly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, tho

As I understood it when they fixed the ghost hunter spawn they broke the spectre hunter spawn for some world's. I haven't seen anything about spectre being bugged specifically in WT5 though.

I could not spawn him in my WT4 world yesterday, could not spawn him in a friend's WT4 world either, I finally got him to spawn in a random free play WT5 world. He dropped the mask & ivory key when I did finally get him.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
If you unlock specialization perks on another class do they take effect if you equip another class?

No, your Survivalist (as an example) perks will not apply if you are currently equipped with Demo or Sharpshooter

Well.... that's going to increase demand on single attribute armor drops for recalibrating. People might get frustrated.

While I don't mind being only able to recalibrate from knee to knee and so on, I'd like it if they allow us to change attribute types through recalibration

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Currently at 239K armor and around 30% resistance vs hazard and stuff, it's the first time I feel I'm a "little" bit more durable.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Man, Nemesis rifle is so fucking good, both to use and as a holstered perk. First really good exotic imo.

So now that we have exotic for every weapon type but AR can we finally get exotic Assault Rifle?

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think my crash rate is every 30-60 minutes with this game. Even worse is that getting back *into* a game takes long as fuck and I'm on an SSD. With a 4670K, 1070, 16GB of RAM, and an SSD, the game shouldn't be fucking up this bad with such aggressive load times.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I think my crash rate is every 30-60 minutes with this game. Even worse is that getting back *into* a game takes long as fuck and I'm on an SSD. With a 4670K, 1070, 16GB of RAM, and an SSD, the game shouldn't be fucking up this bad with such aggressive load times.
If you're on DX12, turn it off. DX11 is much, much more stable.

DX12 has issues in almost every game its used for, it's not worth it.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I believe you're talking about the UNITE fix they added in Tidal Basin Update that makes Ghost Hunter spawn properly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, tho
As I understood it when they fixed the ghost hunter spawn they broke the spectre hunter spawn for some world's. I haven't seen anything about spectre being bugged specifically in WT5 though.

I could not spawn him in my WT4 world yesterday, could not spawn him in a friend's WT4 world either, I finally got him to spawn in a random free play WT5 world. He dropped the mask & ivory key when I did finally get him.
Honestly, I have no idea. But I just spent my lunch hour:
1 - Ghost hunter, instead of going for that one shot attempt, I did it the new way. Worked first try (though for some reason it only kicked in post 9pm in game, not 7pm like I thought it would);
2 - Spectre hunter, after doing the exact same thing as I've been doing for the past two days - joining someone else's world, shooting the windows at the contaminated site the same way, checking to see if the truck lights blinked - all of a sudden it worked.
3 - And yup, I managed to respawn the four hunters in someone else's world (I had previously killed three of them, but one didn't spawn). It was really strange, I took down three, died, and upon respawn, I had to kill all four again. I'm not going to complain though, managed to get it done (along with all hunter masks/ivory keys).

Happy to not have to deal with glitchy spawns anymore, but I hope hunter fights get introduced in more scenarios. They are still pretty frantic and fun (sometimes I drop them so easily and sometimes it's a long, drawn out battle).

Oct 25, 2017

There is a difference between recalibrating to 315 than an actual 315 base roll. Cause I'm sure now you are going to be able to recalibrate to 320+. Armor will be higher, dmg rolls on guns will be higher etc.

Its just shitty to keep telling players this is the max "WT" start farming and then pull the rug out and change it.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
There is a difference between recalibrating to 315 than an actual 315 base roll. Cause I'm sure now you are going to be able to recalibrate to 320+. Armor will be higher, dmg rolls on guns will be higher etc.

Its just shitty to keep telling players this is the max "WT" start farming and then pull the rug out and change it.

Recalibration won't increase gear score anymore.

Mob

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I have no idea. But I just spent my lunch hour:
1 - Ghost hunter, instead of going for that one shot attempt, I did it the new way. Worked first try (though for some reason it only kicked in post 9pm in game, not 7pm like I thought it would);
2 - Spectre hunter, after doing the exact same thing as I've been doing for the past two days - joining someone else's world, shooting the windows at the contaminated site the same way, checking to see if the truck lights blinked - all of a sudden it worked.
3 - And yup, I managed to respawn the four hunters in someone else's world (I had previously killed three of them, but one didn't spawn). It was really strange, I took down three, died, and upon respawn, I had to kill all four again. I'm not going to complain though, managed to get it done (along with all hunter masks/ivory keys).

Happy to not have to deal with glitchy spawns anymore, but I hope hunter fights get introduced in more scenarios. They are still pretty frantic and fun (sometimes I drop them so easily and sometimes it's a long, drawn out battle).

Good stuff!

And agreed, hunter fights are cracking, hoping for more too.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
With all the nerfs coming and already had previously, i'm just going all out skill power/explosive build. More fun, less people do
It and the DPS meta chase won't affect it.

My friends already have give it up aswell now, Might pop back for the raid though.

MrToughPants

Oct 30, 2017
Getting a Bravo-09 error when trying to log on. Network is fine and I can log on to other online games. I checked Ubi for the error code and it only goes up to Bravo-08 there isn't even 09 listed..

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
Getting a Bravo-09 error when trying to log on. Network is fine and I can log on to other online games. I checked Ubi for the error code and it only goes up to Bravo-08 there isn't even 09 listed..

Same thing on my end, too. PS4, at least.

Other posters on the Ubisoft forums, reddit, and Twitter have brought this up within the past hour. Something's up, but it's not impacting all PS4 players.

Unless Ubi/Massive fix this, guess I and others won't be able to play tonight.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Is frenzy just not working for anyone else right now? I feel like it was working a little while ago, then it just....stopped.

edit: I am so silly. Didn't realize I equipped too much of a stat that disabled it lol.

Last edited:

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Got the exotic sniper. My roll is only so-so. The possible damage roll range being so huge is really off-putting. My bench is full upgraded and mine rolled at 255k. Arrekz's rolled at 289k, and his friend's rolled at 313k. Thats over 20% more damage!!!!

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Getting 2 signature weapon ammunition drop in 1 mission + Stronghold is fucking stupid. What's the point.

Oct 25, 2017