• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

The Division 2 |OT| National Anthem

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
For anyone who didn't know about loot disappearing due to too many drops in a group of 4, here it is confirmed by a CM:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...ing_exotics_and_boss_drops/ekmy28m/?context=3

It's actually an issue when the group drops too many items as a whole. The game starts removing the ones that are furthest away to preserve memory.

We're working on a fix for this and will try to have it deployed asap.

Until then, I'd strongly recommend picking up important loot as soon as possible and not let it linger on the floor for too long. Or at least make sure you stay closest to the important loot.
However, there's currently a thread where a guy solo had his loot disappear from a boss with only 1 other item on the ground so God knows, just grab it when it drops if possible.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the help at least. I’ll just keep my eye on the rotations. I assume it’ll be next week or the week after.

The game has been crashing a lot lately. So I wonder if it crashed after I picked it up and just assumed it saved properly. I can’t remember if it happened in that stronghold or not, but I’m positive I did the stronghold in its weekly rotation.

Bet by the time I do get it they will have burger it pretty hard lol.

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Thanks for the help at least. I’ll just keep my eye on the rotations. I assume it’ll be next week or the week after.

The game has been crashing a lot lately. So I wonder if it crashed after I picked it up and just assumed it saved properly. I can’t remember if it happened in that stronghold or not, but I’m positive I did the stronghold in its weekly rotation.

Bet by the time I do get it they will have burger it pretty hard lol.
You're not the only one, another thread here with that specific part missing:
https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio..._bug/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
For anyone who didn't know about loot disappearing due to too many drops in a group of 4, here it is confirmed by a CM:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...ing_exotics_and_boss_drops/ekmy28m/?context=3

However, there's currently a thread where a guy solo had his loot disappear from a boss with only 1 other item on the ground so God knows, just grab it when it drops if possible.
Yea this bug sucks and I hope my team mates don't think I'm just a shitty player for running straight to loot but can't risk losing it...

hope they fix it soon

Oct 25, 2017
People saying signature ammo is dropping for them what spec see you running? As survivor I’m getting around 1 ammo drop a mission.
Sounds bugged, I get a ammo drop about maybe every 3rd or 4th enemy I kill. One time a roaming group all dropped ammo when I 1 shot them with my grenade launcher.

So how does gear score work? I have a side arm pistol thats 8k dmg stronger but the gear score is like 50 lower, whats gear score for anyway? I keep thinking its like Destiny where the higher GS score makes me stronger overall so Im willing to just put random high GS stuff until I hit the cap and start min/maxing-actually reading what Im getting then.

Oct 27, 2017
France
So if I have a level 25 and my friend is a level 3 or 4, should I invite him or should I join him? Or should I make a new guy?
I played with my friend when he was 4-5 levels under mine when I was level 16, I joined his game so we could advance in his story (thus I had to redo some missions I already did).
AI was at a level near mine, and my friend got virtually boosted to my level or one level under, he also gained XP more quickly and in the end we reached level 30 almost at the same time.

I think it's best to join a lower level has he has less completed mission on his map, so if he joins you he may not do some missions he has to.
But the level difference is quite high, try and see how it runs and if he can handle the leveled-up AI.

Oct 25, 2017
I played with my friend when he was 4-5 levels under mine when I was level 16, I joined his game so we could advance in his story (thus I had to redo some missions I already did).
AI was at a level near mine, and my friend got virtually boosted to my level or one level under, he also gained XP more quickly and in the end we reached level 30 almost at the same time.

I think it's best to join a lower level has he has less completed mission on his map, so if he joins you he may not do some missions he has to.
But the level difference is quite high, try and see how it runs and if he can handle the leveled-up AI.
I decided I would just make a second character to use when he is around. This way I can have my main and mule or something? Do you need a mule?

Oct 25, 2017
I heard it's a way to get lower level modules to equip if you have low skill power, as high level modules will require higher skill power. So keep modules for the skill you use on your builds.
Well, maybe my other guy I will keep at 30 when I get there as I level this one up? I dont know. How do you talk to another player in type? I tried /w <name> and it keeps saying player not found?

Hawkster

Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I heard it's a way to get lower level modules to equip if you have low skill power, as high level modules will require higher skill power. So keep modules for the skill you use on your builds.
IIRC, the devs are looking into allowing players to craft blue level mods for lower sp requirements than high-end skill mods, so might as well not bother making an alt unless you want more space for hoarding shit and use them as pack mules lol

Arcade55

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I scanned through the last page or two and didn't see anything.

Have they broke the vendors? Every vendor in my game has had the same shit since Tuesday. Iv'e levelled by gear score up to 480 since then but he's still selling the same 460 shit he had last week....

I thought the vendor changed daily but I'm maybe wrong?

Oct 29, 2017

Have they broke the vendors? Every vendor in my game has had the same shit since Tuesday. Iv'e levelled by gear score up to 480 since then but he's still selling the same 460 shit he had last week....

Vendor never changed daily for me, I think it's always been weekly

What do I need to do to get the exotic sniper?

Oct 25, 2017

I occasionally have seen some blueprints (not exotic) show up separate from the reset but I'm not sure what the tirgger for that is.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good, I dunno, written guide on how to get all the exotics? Kinda just wanna collect 'em since I don't feel motivation to do much else atm. Video guides fucking suck ass.

Googling around I keep finding incomplete shit and it's really annoying.

Or I'm bad at finding them. I'm probably bad.

Is there a good, I dunno, written guide on how to get all the exotics? Kinda just wanna collect 'em since I don't feel motivation to do much else atm. Video guides fucking suck ass.

If you're on the discord, all the guides and helpful links are pinned.

Oct 25, 2017
I picked the game back up after playing through Sekiro and finally got to the point towards the end where I have to tackle the strongholds. Hopefully my matchmaking woes on PC are over at this point since folks seem to run these more often.

Oct 27, 2017

Probably not. These gaming site guides often poorly convey information or care more about offloading the weapon stats instead of telling you how to obtain them (the method itself squirreled away on another page). I'll attempt to best summarise the ones available so far:

The GS/WT blueprint upgrade for an Exotic usually appears at vendors once that weapon is crafted, you obtain generic Exotic Components (required for upgrades) by deconstructing other Exotic weapons. Also, these methods can be repeated.

Sweet Dreams (shotgun) and Merciless (rifle): RNG drops from named Outcast and Hyena bosses respectively. Better doing story missions tied to those factions on the higher Hard or Challenging difficulties for a shot.

Lullaby (shotgun) and Ruthless (rifle): respective aesthetic blueprint conversions obtained from the pre-order/Ultimate Edition bonuses (also appearing as Lvl 1 weapons for new characters). These blueprints require a Sweet Dreams or Merciless of at least GS 250 and honestly seem to be a waste of time.

Chatterbox (SMG): multi-stage
  1. Note: can't be done in a day due to the 24-hour reset timers for locked crates.
  2. Farm Hyena keys from either underground wall boxes or Hyena bounties.
  3. I recommend completing the following non-invaded Hyena missions for three Exotic SMG parts in these crates: Loaded Canister (Grand Washington - after the minigun lobby, up the stairs, in the small bathroom on the right), Creative Mag (Jefferson Trade Center - on the right side of loading dock at the end of the garage segment) and Modified Mods (District Union Arena Stronghold - inside the mall (with named boss Brooks), in the ground floor room opposite the escalators).
  4. With all three components in tow, play the Bank Headquarters mission on Challenging difficulty. In the CEO office (see here), open a side panel that drops an RIFD card that enables entry for the left-side vault room with a Hyena crate that drops the Chatterbox Blueprint.
  5. Craft it.

Liberty (pistol): multi-stage, endgame.
  1. Note: must have a high-end (gold) D50/Desert Eagle pistol, a superior purple one doesn't work.
  2. Killing Kendra Nelson at the Capitol Building Stronghold drops the Pistol: Trigger & Mechanism component is required to start this. By the endgame, all players should have it.
  3. On at least Hard difficulty, obtain the following components: Pistol: Receiver & Paint Job, from Captain Briggs at the end of the American History Museum, Pistol: Sight & Rail from Staff Sergeant Carl Wade at the end of Viewpoint Museum, and Pistol: Grip & Tags (with Kendra's Liberty Blueprint) from Master Sergeant Steve "Junior" Quiroz at the end of the Space Administration HQ mission .
  4. Get to crafting.

Nemesis (marksman rifle): multi-stage, endgame.
  1. Note: can't be done in a day, drops depend on invasion availability of the rotating weekly invasions.
  2. Play the Tidal Basin Stronghold at WT4 to enter WT5.
  3. Replay Tidal Basin. In the building where Manny tells you to patch ISAC into a laptop, there's a keycard upstairs on the bunk beds.
  4. At back of hovercraft bay, before heading out, unlock the left-side room with a weapon crate that drops a high marksman rifle: the Adrestia SR-1.
  5. Deconstruct it to obtain the first component: Marksman Rifle: Scope - The Tally. Its inscription gives a clue for the three drops acquired from Black Tusk named bosses.
  6. Obtain Marksman Rifle: Barrel - The Scourge from David "Prime" Maxwell of Invaded Capitol Building, Marksman Rifle: Bolt from Erin "Shorty" Linwood of Invaded Roosevelt Island, and Marksman Rifle: Stock - The Bridle from Aurora "Klutz" Kay of Invaded District Union Arena.
  7. Finally, the Nemesis Blueprint will drop from Phaedra “Puck” Lao at the lobby of Invaded Grand Washington.
  8. Craft this beast.

Pestilence (LMG): RNG drop from named bosses in any of the three DZs.

Oct 25, 2017
Probably not. These gaming site guides often poorly convey information or care more about offloading the weapon stats instead of telling you how to obtain them (the method itself squirreled away on another page). I'll attempt to best summarise the ones available so far:

The GS/WT blueprint upgrade for an Exotic usually appears at vendors once that weapon is crafted, you obtain generic Exotic Components (required for upgrades) by deconstructing other Exotic weapons. Also, these methods can be repeated.

Sweet Dreams (shotgun) and Merciless (rifle): RNG drops from named Outcast and Hyena bosses respectively. Better doing story missions tied to those factions on the higher Hard or Challenging difficulties for a shot.

Lullaby (shotgun) and Ruthless (rifle): respective aesthetic blueprint conversions obtained from the pre-order/Ultimate Edition bonuses (also appearing as Lvl 1 weapons for new characters). These blueprints require a Sweet Dreams or Merciless of at least GS 250 and honestly seem to be a waste of time.

Chatterbox (SMG): multi-stage
  1. Note: can't be done in a day due to the 24-hour reset timers for locked crates.
  2. Farm Hyena keys from either underground wall boxes or Hyena bounties.
  3. I recommend completing the following non-invaded Hyena missions for three Exotic SMG parts in these crates: Loaded Canister (Grand Washington - after the minigun lobby, up the stairs, in the small bathroom on the right), Creative Mag (Jefferson Trade Center - on the right side of loading dock at the end of the garage segment) and Modified Mods (District Union Arena Stronghold - inside the mall (with named boss Brooks), in the ground floor room opposite the escalators).
  4. With all three components in tow, play the Bank Headquarters mission on Challenging difficulty. In the CEO office (see here), open a side panel that drops an RIFD card that enables entry for the left-side vault room with a Hyena crate that drops the Chatterbox Blueprint.
  5. Craft it.

Liberty (pistol): multi-stage, endgame.
  1. Note: must have a high-end (gold) D50/Desert Eagle pistol, a superior purple one doesn't work.
  2. Killing Kendra Nelson at the Capitol Building Stronghold drops the Pistol: Trigger & Mechanism component is required to start this. By the endgame, all players should have it.
  3. On at least Hard difficulty, obtain the following components: Pistol: Receiver & Paint Job, from Captain Briggs at the end of the American History Museum, Pistol: Sight & Rail from Staff Sergeant Carl Wade at the end of Viewpoint Museum, and Pistol: Grip & Tags (with Kendra's Liberty Blueprint) from Master Sergeant Steve "Junior" Quiroz at the end of the Space Administration HQ mission .
  4. Get to crafting.

Nemesis (marksman rifle): multi-stage, endgame.
  1. Note: can't be done in a day, drops depend on invasion availability of the rotating weekly invasions.
  2. Play the Tidal Basin Stronghold at WT4 to enter WT5.
  3. Replay Tidal Basin. In the building where Manny tells you to patch ISAC into a laptop, there's a keycard upstairs on the bunk beds.
  4. At back of hovercraft bay, before heading out, unlock the left-side room with a weapon crate that drops a high marksman rifle: the Adrestia SR-1.
  5. Deconstruct it to obtain the first component: Marksman Rifle: Scope - The Tally. Its inscription gives a clue for the three drops acquired from Black Tusk named bosses.
  6. Obtain Marksman Rifle: Barrel - The Scourge from David "Prime" Maxwell of Invaded Capitol Building, Marksman Rifle: Bolt from Erin "Shorty" Linwood of Invaded Roosevelt Island, and Marksman Rifle: Stock - The Bridle from Aurora "Klutz" Kay of Invaded District Union Arena.
  7. Finally, the Nemesis Blueprint will drop from Phaedra “Puck” Lao at the lobby of Invaded Grand Washington.
  8. Craft this beast.

Pestilence (LMG): RNG drop from named bosses in any of the three DZs.
Wow! Thanks a lot, this is so much better and cleaner than any of these dumb guides I keep finding. You're my hero. :D

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That's one of the incomplete guides I was referring to.

If you're not going to read my whole post, I dunno man.

Have a nice day.
there's like 40 guides on how to get them, you're not reading or want information spoon fed in once sentence. exotics take a bit of work
there's also dozens of YouTube videos.