• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That is absolutely not true, if you have a build that destroys Heroic I would love to see it cause even with my op build it still takes time to clear it and even with 260K armor you die fast.

i don't play heroic, pointless to me. that's where it becomes bullet sponge nonsense for no good rewards. boring.

luckily they are looking into making rewards better for heroic.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
How is 10 runs a lot? lol That's the main thing of loot games you play things over and over again till you get what you want, if this wasn't the game loop then those games would die super fast. Besides you should be doing DCD not PEC, as it's much faster and it drops the weapon more often.

Ah okay I will try that but the walkthrough I checked mentioned Roosevelt and Potomac only.Also DCD is the one that often has a glitch on kill all hostiles but the last one is inside a wall or something...

Last edited:

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Ah okay I will try that but the walkthrough I checked mentionedly Roosevelt and Potomac only.Also DCD is the one that often has a glitch on kill all hostiles but the last one is inside a wall or something...

I never got a glitch on DCD but if you do then try Federal Emergency Bunker, it's a bit longer but still shorter than PEC or RI. I got Sweet Dreams twice from FEB.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When I hear the voice in my ear say "an Agent is requesting back-up" (or something along those lines), does that mean that's a random multiplayer duder trying to matchmake? Can I turn that off somehow?

Oct 27, 2017
When I hear the voice in my ear say "an Agent is requesting back-up" (or something along those lines), does that mean that's a random multiplayer duder trying to matchmake? Can I turn that off somehow?
The option to turn it off is located on the Map (or a sub-menu from the Map), not sure exactly where but it's there. Check the different tabs from the main Map menu.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017

Yes, you can set it up in options to all, friends and clan or off. I think it's called "on call"or something like that.

Edit;
Settings/Gameplay/On Call Status

Last edited:

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know man, to me there is plenty to do. Commendations, collectibles, blueprints, mats, bounties, gear with high value attributes for reworked recalibration station. Who knows maybe after update they won't roll with such a high values. Or just chill play with random people helping them out with dailies or other stuff.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Woo I got the Chatterbox. Didn't take long at all. Just two days. Only needed the cooldown reset once.

Also all the parts for Liberty, just no fuckin' D50 to craft it from, ugh!!

Nemesis please come faster. ;_;

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds bugged, I get a ammo drop about maybe every 3rd or 4th enemy I kill. One time a roaming group all dropped ammo when I 1 shot them with my grenade launcher.

So how does gear score work? I have a side arm pistol thats 8k dmg stronger but the gear score is like 50 lower, whats gear score for anyway? I keep thinking its like Destiny where the higher GS score makes me stronger overall so Im willing to just put random high GS stuff until I hit the cap and start min/maxing-actually reading what Im getting then.

this is crazy. has to be bugged then.

i get about 0-3 per mission, and thats the lengthier ones. i feel lucky if i get 3 a mission. every once in a while they will drop faster, but on average not. i feel like when i join certain instances it's definitely bugged and they wont drop at all.

every 3rd or 4th kill is insane and that hasnt happened to me once since unlocking signature weapons and im at WT5 now.

.git

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
What's the release date for the raid? After a week off, I am scratching to get back into Division but I don't want to burn out again before it comes out.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it is generally an optional thing for seasons but the bolded part absolutely is true. What playstyle altering builds are there that arent built around what weapon type you're using? At the moments "builds" consist of stacking DTE and deciding to go crit or not (which will limit your weapon choices) and then throwing on some weapon specific damage. I've certainly enjoyed my time with the game but it's disappointing that there arent even decent skill builds. I wasnt expecting the same breadth of builds when moving over from TD1 but its painfully anaemic at the moment.

I think you're being pretty reductive. It's not just picking a weapon as you suggest. You're ignoring talents, brand sets and all the other choices you need to make right now when selecting your gear. If we looked at everyone's stats/load out right now in this thread I'm sure they would all be pretty different by virtue of the RNG alone. People may be broadly going for the same thing but that doesn't mean there isn't a huge variation in what that looks like.

Rayokarna

Oct 29, 2017
I think I'm getting towards the end of what I can do. I'm open to play with more people, haven't had an organised group yet.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you're being pretty reductive. It's not just picking a weapon as you suggest. You're ignoring talents, brand sets and all the other choices you need to make right now when selecting your gear. If we looked at everyone's stats/load out right now in this thread I'm sure they would all be pretty different by virtue of the RNG alone. People may be broadly going for the same thing but that doesn't mean there isn't a huge variation in what that looks like.

It's not reductive. You seem to be missing my point. There is not a single brand set bonus that will change your playstyle. They are flat bonuses and they fall into basically three camps, survivability, weapon type damage and crit damage. They simply enhance the flat numbers you are going with anyway. The same largely applies to talents. They at best enhance the games basic playstyle they dont alter it. They are also wildly unbalanced with several clearly superior options, which most people in the thread who care will be working towards or more likely have. "Builds are varied because people havent got what they want due to RNG!" is not an argument in favour of build diversity. "Ooh you're running +X% crit damage to my +X% weapon damage" is not a meaningfully different build.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
It's not reductive. You seem to be missing my point. There is not a single brand set bonus that will change your playstyle. They are flat bonuses and they fall into basically three camps, survivability, weapon type damage and crit damage. They simply enhance the flat numbers you are going with anyway. The same largely applies to talents. They at best enhance the games basic playstyle they dont alter it. They are also wildly unbalanced with several clearly superior options, which most people in the thread who care will be working towards or more likely have. "Builds are varied because people havent got what they want due to RNG!" is not an argument in favour of build diversity. "Ooh you're running +X% crit damage to my +X% weapon damage" is not a meaningfully different build.

You seem to be arguing that there is not enough build diversity for you which is fine but I still think you are being really reductive of what's in the game right now. You only have to see what builds people have posted in this thread to see they are not all the same. And that's due to conscious choice not just RNG.

The talents do make a difference and there are a number of valid ones. Some people are strong with headshots so they build around that (I'm not). Some people fight at range and there are talents for that vs up close. People who are nervous of dying prioritise health and equip a healing skill etc etc. I just started using a talent which gives me special ammo for my side arm so now I can switch to that and use lighting or fire on an enemy quickly. Even Unstoppable Force requires gameplay activation to work so that might not be for everyone vs Berserk for those who like to live dangerously. I just added some cool down reduction recently and now my drone and striker hive are up so much more frequently. These are all valid build decisions which are tied to your gameplay/playstyle.

Yes, the focus is all around how best you want to do damage and survive. It might not make you a healer, tank or some other archetype but, honestly for me it's fine. But I always just make DPS characters anyway so maybe that's why I'm fine with it.

I hope they do improve the situation for skill builds because if I continue to play this I want to try one. But for me the gear and customisation is better than any multiplayer game I've played that's not Warframe.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
they are not going to release the raid until the current test phase in PTS will be done

meanwhile I'm still waiting for this week's reset for my Nemesis ;_;

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Man they need to add some more cosmetics to the store, there is nothing left for me to get :(.

I wish they would add all the best stuff from Division 1, mostly costumes that were in encrypted caches, like sentry, nomad, comando etc. Pretty much every costume that was in a box was dope as hell.

Last edited:

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Question: I just moved to WT3. I thought I read earlier in the thread that reclaiming Control Points would be rewarded with blueprints. But so far I'm just unlocking supply rooms with regular items. Am I missing something?

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Game is done, Doing the weekly invasion cycle is boring now. Too many nerfs coming to even continue a build or anything. Raid is a month away, Shame we don't have underground to mix it up like Div1.

Fantastic game, Best of year so far but I'm happy to shelve it for a good few months now.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm also done for now. I'll be back when they improve crafting, recalibration, usefulness of skills, remove the low caps on everything and the time gating of some content...

I had my fun, but it's starting to get frustrating.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
this is crazy. has to be bugged then.

i get about 0-3 per mission, and thats the lengthier ones. i feel lucky if i get 3 a mission. every once in a while they will drop faster, but on average not. i feel like when i join certain instances it's definitely bugged and they wont drop at all.

every 3rd or 4th kill is insane and that hasnt happened to me once since unlocking signature weapons and im at WT5 now.
Ok after playing again since then it WAS bugged, but in the opposite way. I've gotten little to no signature weapon ammo since then, I get VERY few drops per mission, maybe 2-3 or if I'm lucky. So me getting ammo every other enemy kill was a bug, just in my favour and I didn't know it was a bug...

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
IS now a good time to start playing or has the noob window passed?

Not sure what you mean by noob window. If you wanted to, you could play the whole game solo and it would be fine. I haven't played with randoms in matchmaking in a while, but there still seem to be plenty of people playing from what I see in safe houses and the like.

Hell, I still see people playing the Division ONE. I'm sure you'll have people to play with in Div 2 if that's your bag.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Not sure what you mean by noob window. If you wanted to, you could play the whole game solo and it would be fine. I haven't played with randoms in matchmaking in a while, but there still seem to be plenty of people playing from what I see in safe houses and the like.

Hell, I still see people playing the Division ONE. I'm sure you'll have people to play with in Div 2 if that's your bag.

I was playing Division 1 over the weekend and couldn't believe how many people still play it.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else using a controller on PC? Have you found any issues? I'm only interested in the PvE part myself.

I'm still using a 360 controller and had no issues.

Woo I got the Chatterbox. Didn't take long at all. Just two days. Only needed the cooldown reset once.

Also all the parts for Liberty, just no fuckin' D50 to craft it from, ugh!!

Nemesis please come faster. ;_;

I got the Chatterbox items from just 3 Hyena Boxes which I guess is pretty lucky. Took me about 30mins including the Blueprint.

As for the Liberty, I'm in the same boat. 90 Hours played and haven't gotten a single D50 drop.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I imagine it's fully viable to play this without ever touching the Darkzones? I'm playing with a controller on PC so it'd be futile even trying.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018

That's good to know. Thanks!

Lupic

Dec 31, 2017
United Kingdom
Without booting the game I think I'm about 12 hours in, and just hit level 10. Is that an average pace of the game for someone who's playing it casually and taking time to explore the open world? It seems like a good pace; there's just so many little things in the world to explore it's great. I've only reached the third or fourth zone (the zone that's connected to the first DZ you go into) and there's already more varied environments than the first game which is a welcomed change

KymTheSpud

Oct 28, 2017
Cumbria, UK
Without booting the game I think I'm about 12 hours in, and just hit level 10. Is that an average pace of the game for someone who's playing it casually and taking time to explore the open world? It seems like a good pace; there's just so many little things in the world to explore it's great. I've only reached the third or fourth zone (the zone that's connected to the first DZ you go into) and there's already more varied environments than the first game which is a welcomed change

Just take your time and enjoy the ride to 30...honestly l think I pumped about 40 or so hours into the journey to 30 and at this time I think i have 140ish hours in total.

Lupic

Dec 31, 2017
United Kingdom
Just take your time and enjoy the ride to 30...honestly l think I pumped about 40 or so hours into the journey to 30 and at this time I think i have 140ish hours in total.
40 hours sounds similar to the pace I'm on, and yeah that's my intention. Finish all the projects with settlements and the zones, find the SHD caches, soak in and get familiar with the open world etc before hitting 30 then doing the end-game stuff.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
I am going to hit 30 long before I finish the game. I get side tracked so often....I am not sure if that is bad or not!

Risky_Bigness

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Last night was basically me clearing landmarks and deconstructing any contaminated gear as fast as possible before the gank squads showed up.