• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
Coming back to the game after playing it for a couple days at launch (real life/work has been a shitshow and I haven't really played much of anything at all in the last month or two). I'm only level 9, I'm obviously not worried about whatever the endgame is at this point, but is there anything important I should be doing/saving/etc or should I just cruise through the story and not really worry about anything until I hit the level cap/WT1 or whatever?

just save a high end D50 handgun, you are going to need it for Liberty

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
just save a high end D50 handgun, you are going to need it for Liberty

Will do.

Also meant to ask, everything out of luggage/loot boxes etc is all RNG and I think respsawns right? Normally I'm OCD in open world games and fully loot everything, but here I don't think that matters outside of specific exceptions like the big crates at the end of strongholds/checkpoints etc correct? I spent my first/only real session block by block clearing out streets and opening everything, but it looks like everything just respawns? lol

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I took a week off to catch up with other games.

What's the time line for updates now? Is there anything incoming very soon?

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Will do.

Also meant to ask, everything out of luggage/loot boxes etc is all RNG and I think respsawns right? Normally I'm OCD in open world games and fully loot everything, but here I don't think that matters outside of specific exceptions like the big crates at the end of strongholds/checkpoints etc correct? I spent my first/only real session block by block clearing out streets and opening everything, but it looks like everything just respawns? lol

Everything respawns, but the timers are different depending on what it is you're looting. The vast majority of loot containers respawn very quickly (I think it's every hour). The ones to watch out for are Control Point stashes once you hit endgame/WT1 (the big yellow box respawns 24 hours after you've last touched it, and only when you retake the control point; before you hit endgame this won't matter) and key boxes in the sewers (also 24 hours after you last touch them). I think mission loot crates also have 24-hour timers attached to them but someone else can verify.

So yeah, if you're just trying to permanently clear a part of the map, don't bother! Enjoy the endless firehose of crafting materials and whatnot.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
What kind of sniper rifle do I need to craft Nemesis? I haven't been playing super regularly so I have to wait for a couple more invaded strongholds before I can craft it but I figured I'd start looking out for the gun I need to make it.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Everything respawns, but the timers are different depending on what it is you're looting. The vast majority of loot containers respawn very quickly (I think it's every hour). The ones to watch out for are Control Point stashes once you hit endgame/WT1 (the big yellow box respawns 24 hours after you've last touched it, and only when you retake the control point; before you hit endgame this won't matter) and key boxes in the sewers (also 24 hours after you last touch them). I think mission loot crates also have 24-hour timers attached to them but someone else can verify.

So yeah, if you're just trying to permanently clear a part of the map, don't bother! Enjoy the endless firehose of crafting materials and whatnot.

Thank you! I spent like 4 hours the first time I played going meticulously up and down city blocks opening all of luggage etc thinking I was clearing it out haha.

New question I just discovered - how/why do I have 7 apparel keys? I went into the Apparel tab to try to clear the damn exclamation mark out of my menu and it's because I have 7 of them. I used one but still have 6 but I'm not sure how I got them, but also I'm not clear on how they correlate to the event caches. When I used one I apparently got an Invasion apparel piece (I'm showing 1/30 now on that) but that just luck, or does it only pull from whatever the current event is, or can it be anything at all including anything in the store etc?

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! I spent like 4 hours the first time I played going meticulously up and down city blocks opening all of luggage etc thinking I was clearing it out haha.

New question I just discovered - how/why do I have 7 apparel keys? I went into the Apparel tab to try to clear the damn exclamation mark out of my menu and it's because I have 7 of them. I used one but still have 6 but I'm not sure how I got them, but also I'm not clear on how they correlate to the event caches. When I used one I apparently got an Invasion apparel piece (I'm showing 1/30 now on that) but that just luck, or does it only pull from whatever the current event is, or can it be anything at all including anything in the store etc?

Oh, if you started playing sometime this month, then those are part of the Invasion Apparel event. You likely got the keys from leveling up; every time there's a pretty good chance of getting a key alongside your field proficiency cache. You can't get the keys anymore (that part ended last week) but you can still redeem any keys you own until the beginning of May. You might as well cash them in; each key is a guaranteed new cosmetic item.

I assume the next time there's a cosmetic event, it'll use a completely different set of keys; when I got all 30 items of the April event, the remaining keys I had got converted automatically to normal apparel cache shards.

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, if you started playing sometime this month, then those are part of the Invasion Apparel event. You likely got the keys from leveling up; every time there's a pretty good chance of getting a key alongside your field proficiency cache. You can't get the keys anymore (that part ended last week) but you can still redeem any keys you own until the beginning of May. You might as well cash them in; each key is a guaranteed new cosmetic item.

I assume the next time there's a cosmetic event, it'll use a completely different set of keys; when I got all 30 items of the April event, the remaining keys I had got converted automatically to normal apparel cache shards.

Ah okay, that last bit was my main question, wasn't sure if I should use them up or not. Thanks!

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Enemies can shoot through your cover, and also the LMG armoured guys like to lie down behind cover, put their LMG THROUGH their cover and shoot you that way as well. Waiting for patches is definitely the right thing to do.

Wow, I can't explain it any more clearly than I have. I've been playing this game for a while, I understand the basic functions. Oh well, there's always the ignore function...

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
I think they are going for one big update just before they launch the raid, perhaps after Phase 3 in PTS

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK

I have no faith in Massive at all to implement this correctly so I'll still be farming blue mods. Got some nice 5/6% LMG & AR weapon damage bonuses atm as well as some +skill power on chem launcher and turret. I'll take the hit on acouple of % if they still fit in most slots. They really need to add high end mods with the chance to roll with 1 stat rather than split the quality over 3 stats.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, a build that really speaks to me! Well, sort of. I spend 99% of my time in cover. And I don't use SMGs. But I guess if I can facetank basically anything, WHO CARES.

Though reading the post further, it does sound pretty frightening to actually play. You basically have to be in an enemy's face as much as possible or you will die.
Just go for a defender drone build brother. I'm using one and u can do so much stupid shit and run around while it's up. It only has a 5 seconds cooldown too if u disable the drone manually. It's definitely a different experience than the regular sitting duck gameplay.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
can't wait for the PTS changes to migrate, would love to try out the new builds and the buff to the gear sets

we should get more variety rather than the typical 2 M dps AR build

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
can't wait for the PTS changes to migrate, would love to try out the new builds and the buff to the gear sets

we should get more variety rather than the typical 2 M dps AR build

I see more and more people using gear sets lately. I have been using True Patriot and Ongoing Directive for some time now and I really like the different play style they provide and for the current content they work just fine, even better if more people have full sets in the group. Still working on Hard Wired but so far everything I crafted was rather mediocre so the farm continues.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
I see more and more people using gear sets lately. I have been using True Patriot and Ongoing Directive for some time now and I really like the different play style they provide and for the current content they work just fine, even better if more people have full sets in the group. Still working on Hard Wired but so far everything I crafted was rather mediocre so the farm continues.

I think the gear sets are more in the support role, especially in the raid, which is good

HE gear was pretty much useless in D1

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not talking about flanking. I see a single enemy shooting me through a wall, damage as they shoot. I think I'll just give the game a rest until it's patched.
Enemies can shoot through your cover, and also the LMG armoured guys like to lie down behind cover, put their LMG THROUGH their cover and shoot you that way as well. Waiting for patches is definitely the right thing to do.

Been playing for 80 hours and literally never experienced this, guess I'll count myself lucky lol

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Are any of the PS4 clans open at the moment? I'm level 16 now and can join a clan, and it doesn't seem like there's any reason NOT to? I'm in the discord and I can't really tell what's up.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
I have a mission to "return to the division coordinator" (level 5 mission) but when I go to the Whitehouse his office door is closed. Nothing I can do to open it. I played some of this guy with a friend, but was trying to play some by myself.

Any ideas?

Idan27081

Jan 1, 2019
I completed the Hard Wired Goal Project a while ago and got all the blueprints.
Today i did Tidal Basin on heroic and now I got the project again.
Is this a bug? Is there any reason to do the project again?

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
I completed the Hard Wired Goal Project a while ago and got all the blueprints.
Today i did Tidal Basin on heroic and now I got the project again.
Is this a bug? Is there any reason to do the project again?

Do not donate anything to that project as you won't get anything else if you already completed it. You can keep it as a reminder where to farm each piece ;)

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
So I've been playing this on and off between a handful of other games, and have been really enjoying my time with it. I'm in the end game now, World Tier 5 and slowly crawling up the Gear Score levels to 500. Just a ton of fun, especially when my friend gets on and we tackle some missions. It really it scratching the same kinds of itches the original Destiny did for me - and that Destiny 2, and the original Division never could reach.

That being said, I'm really getting into all the nuances and hidden stuff in the game so I've been occasionally dipping into YouTube and guides to figure out some of the mechanics. But I haven't really found a good YouTube channel for this stuff, and I feel like there has to be one out there. What I'm finding through searching is just the same tired "OMG THIS PVP BUILD MELtS!!!111!!!!!' or 'BEST WAYS TO FARM' bs that isn't what I am looking for.

So, DivisionEra - who are the YouTubers you watch for Division info? Or other resources?

BigTastyBoi

Jul 23, 2018
Finally getting up towards the top of the GS bracket, drops are now generally between 490-500 and my Proficiency Crates are giving me 498+. I'm not obsessing over GS though, just equipping what's best for my build (I put a purple facemask on earlier as it had better stats).

Finally got around to playing as the Survivalist the other day and it seems like a really fun spec. The bonus to AR damage is nice, I love the incendiary grenades and the crossbow feels really fun to use (I don't tend to even bother with the TAC 50 really). Still enjoying re running the missions on Normal and Invaded and grabbing the loot. One thing I have noticed is that I seem to be getting a lot more Gear Set parts dropping from random enemies in the last few days, I wonder if Massive have upped the rate? Anyhow, I finally got the last piece of the TP set so I'm gonna try that out in the DUA soon.

fdst1983

Aug 26, 2018
I just need one piece for the nemesis exotic sniper. But I don't know which stronghold is related to the pieces... Can somebody help me and give a short list?

Punpun

Alt account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Completed the main story with a friend today and really like the game. But man, the endgame seems huge. I even feel kinda lost. How do I re-capture the Campus settlement once I've reached World Tier 1? Went there but didn't get a mission or anything.

Deleted member 12379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just need one piece for the nemesis exotic sniper. But I don't know which stronghold is related to the pieces... Can somebody help me and give a short list?

Tidal Basin - Adrestia SR1 (deconstruct) - Marksman Rifle: Scope – The Tally
Capital - Marksman Rifle: Barrel – The Scourge
Roosevelt - Marksman Rifle: Bolt
District - Marksman Rifle: Stock - The Bridle
Grand Washington - Blueprint

So, DivisionEra - who are the YouTubers you watch for Division info? Or other resources?

If you find anyone good let me know. Like you mentioned most of the people I've found are all fairly obnoxious. I usually just go to the subreddit for breaking news.

Oct 30, 2017
Do I need an additional blueprint to upgrade the craft table to past 450-490 gear? I'm sitting at a 499 GS and have not found any exotic blueprints nor do I have the crafting level to make anything worth a damn.

Completed the main story with a friend today and really like the game. But man, the endgame seems huge. I even feel kinda lost. How do I re-capture the Campus settlement once I've reached World Tier 1? Went there but didn't get a mission or anything.
Slightly north of the Campus should be a blockade indicated on your map. It's basically just a control point filled with Black Tusk enemies. Take over the blockade and the settlement should be available for fast travel. I had a hard time finding it too.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I need the Captial Building Stronghold as well. Damn rotations! Hopefully next week :(

Have they said anything more about when the Raid or next content update is coming? I know it was delayed, but havent heard anything more since then.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
What 20% skill health from Hard Wired actually do? Does it increase skill power of healing skills or does it improve healing of healing skills?