• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 2, 2017
Are there any good guides on how to optimize a build? This is the first time I've really gotten into a game like this, and I want to spend some time this weekend working on my build.

My no thinking required starter build is just stacking as much CDR as possible. Fire turret cooldown is 13 seconds, and it's really easy to shoot people when they're on fire.

No idea if that works for the raid.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
You need a fucking good group coordination on top of the DPS for some of those encounters.

And Marco did it. Seems like they're world first. 5 hours roughly.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope now the people crying over no matchmaking will realize that going in with matchmade randoms won't event get you past the first boss

Truly don't understand why you even would want the OPTION to fail.

Luckily they are working on something of an ingame lfg

Last edited:

Deleted member 19996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope now the people crying over no matchmaking will realize that going in with matchmade randoms won't event get you past the first boss

You are assuming that randoms, don't have a mic, won't chat via text (at least on PC), haven't played the raid, haven't watched a video/stream, and just want to fail. Not everyone who wants matchmaking is going to be a terrible player.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US

Are people who matchmake unable to chat in-game? No they still can, I don't see your point. People are playing right now from random invites outside White House, but I guess since it's not MM it's better, right? lol

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Damn. Almost 6 hours for the world's first featuring at least two of the best Division players in the world. I really woke up this morning thinking that they were exaggerating the learning curve/difficulty of this raid, why they moved away from matchmaking, but looks like it would be a nightmare to play this with randoms for at least a few weeks as people learn.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You are assuming that randoms, don't have a mic, won't chat via text (at least on PC), haven't played the raid, haven't watched a video/stream, and just want to fail. Not everyone who wants matchmaking is going to be a terrible player.

Once again... you are playing the goddamn lottery with matchmaking. Is it technically possible? Yes.

But please ask yourself how many multiplayer games, even in the division, you have been in where your whole team talks. The Division wants you to randomly find 7 other players who used the gimme a team quick button that have mics.

You can be a godly player. Best build ever. Researched raid mechanics extensively. But you are useless if you can't communicate for some of these mechanics.

So ONCE AGAIN. It's not that matchmaking can't give you the players you need to complete it.

It's that its so highly unlikely its honestly not worth the trouble. If you don't want to use a 3rd party site for whatever stupid reason, just wait for the in game LFG features. If you still don't want to wait for those, I dunno. You must not want to play it then.

I'll also say this. I was reading some of the reddit impressions coming in.
And there are already people calling for them to tone down the raid because their pre made group can't make it past the first boss.

Imagine the outcry if they just let everybody in at the press of a button. I bet you half the people or more would probably think the encounter is glitched because they can't beat it even though they have the best gear.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been keeping up on the news for the last few weeks. No matchmaking is disappointing and the reasons are as bullshit here as they were in Destiny. Even moreso given a sizeable portion of the playerbase is on PC.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Raiding w/ randoms is only hard the first week or two. Once a critical mass of people learn the mechanics, the raids become trivial, even with first timers in the group. Look at any Destiny raid a month after it launches and you'll see LFG has that shit on farm. (hard modes are a different story)

I understand not wanting to suffer through the experience that is a random raid group. It can suck, so don't do it. But saying that they shouldn't include matchmaking at all is shortsighted. In a month or two, in-game match making to fill up a group would be a godsend.

For those willing to put up with the bullshit that comes with matchmaking a raid, let them. For everyone else that wouldn't touch it because they've got a full party to raid with, have fun. The addition of matchmaking as an option doesn't ruin your experience AT ALL.

Last edited:

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
Raiding w/ randoms is only hard the first week or two. Once a critical mass of people learn the mechanics, the raids become trivial, even with first timers in the group. Look at any Destiny raid a month after it launches and you'll see LFG has that shit on farm. (hard modes are a different story)

I understand not wanting to suffer through the raid experience that is a random group. It can suck, so don't do it. But saying that they shouldn't include matchmaking at all is shortsighted. In a month or two, in-game match making to fill up a group would be a godsend.

For those willing to put up with the bullshit that comes with matchmaking a raid, let them. For everyone else that wouldn't touch it because they've got a full party to raid with, have a fun. The addition of matchmaking as an option doesn't ruin your experience AT ALL.
This x1000. The fact that people are advocating for players having less options is baffling to me.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
can't wait to find a group and get into the raid. Seems like it might be tough finding one for tonight :(

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017

Because even if you don't clear, being able to jump into the fight quickly and seamlessly and start practicing is super useful. It's not complicated to understand. All that time you spend dicking around on some website you could just jump into the fight and start practicing straight away with MM and that leads to the clear. Eventually the mechanics become known and you can 100% clear in MM parties.

I have to ask have you ever played a game with MM for raids at all? You don't seem very familiar with how it works...

Also inb4 they nerf the raid like they've nerfed everything else in this game.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm a bit lost here considering how to actually get a group set up. Apparently, I can't get any message on Xbox One so I can't jump into anyone's game and there isn't many people around the pilot to even try and attempt a four person raid.

I know I'm missing something, but this is getting a touch annoying since it is almost like the game refuses for me to play the raid in spite of sitting at a 496 gear score. Honestly was enjoying Division 2 up to this point, but now it seems I hit my first actual roadblock.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Here are the cosmetics from the current event...(which are super nice BTW)

Gye972v.jpg

fwcwCxS.jpg

9rbnEbv.jpg

twSuBbv.jpg

6HwuEeb.jpg

RFZQsIk.jpg

There are also two masks but the scaling is off and they don't look too hot at the moment, some emotes and weapon skins as well, all good stuff in this event.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Yep,that Raid is pretty though lol...we tried for 1 hour and a half and couldnt get the first Boss down,everyone with mics and slowly learning what to do...even when we knew what needed to be done by the end,we still did not even come close...some of the cues to help you a bit figure out whats going on are not particularly well done and the fact that adds never ever stop coming unless you kill the Boss is also not a mechanic I like.Personally,I knew I wasn't ready for it but it was still kinda fun trying and talking about it and all.

I probably wont try it until I have better DPS and switch stuff around and a proper build,not just a 499 GS...going Survivalist with the healing seeker mine in the Raid to try and heal others is absolutly useless for one so I will need to change that...so yeah,good luck 8 people in there with no mics lol,impossible.

Is the Capitol Building invaded this week?

Yep.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I could not even get a group from Era clan on Discord so yeah players have defo moved on.

Yep. Someone here put together a group at a scheduled time, and then totally ditched us. The rest of us tried to find a few more players and had zero luck. Even matchmaking for other activities like missions and strongholds on higher difficulties can take a bit. Really feels like this games player base has already begun to die off.

illamap

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bought the division 2 despite not liking first one which I played for like an hour. Now downloading, has anyone liked 2 despite not enjoying first one?

illamap

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Played 1,5 hours and game has made surprisingly strong impression at least in terms of shooting and controls. I recently tried wildlands which was recommended here and this lot better so far.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to test my mic in the game itself? I believe it is working in windows land but nothing in the game when I asked someone. So I want to try and debug this without having to be in a group.

Oct 30, 2017
Yep. Someone here put together a group at a scheduled time, and then totally ditched us. The rest of us tried to find a few more players and had zero luck. Even matchmaking for other activities like missions and strongholds on higher difficulties can take a bit. Really feels like this games player base has already begun to die off.
Yeah I was experiencing much longer MM times last night and this morning. I chalked it up to people trying out the raid but maybe some of the population is dying off. This was Xbox btw. Don't know what it's like on other systems.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what I've seen of the raid... There's good news and bad news.

Good news is, it seems EXACTLY what an end game division activity should be. This is the true gear test. In Destiny, there isn't really much in terms of builds. You choose a class, elemental sub class, and elemental subclass tree and beyond that only certain exotics will really change up your abilities. Because of that, the raids are designed NOT to require a team composition of certain classes. They do have DPS checks but as long as you have a decent weapon set up (not hard to get) and are a high enough light level (not hard to do) the only thing stopping you from beating the raid is just knowing and executing mechanics.

The Division Raid demands you to know and execute on mechanics as well. I'd argue theirs are slightly less complex than some of the Destiny ones but still require a lot of coordination. The difference is, The Division is more like a true RPG than an action shooter. Your builds are actually important. Every stat is important. From what I've seen of this raid you can be Gear Score 500, be a good player, know the mechanics, but if your gear isn't optimized you are in a lot of trouble. And that is good. Division is a game build around builds and stats and build diversity.

But... The bad news is that its even more hardcore and tough to get into. I was excited to try the raid today at GS 497. But after reading about it and watching streams I realized I'd have to grind some more of the other activities to get better rolled loot to even have a chance. And I largely haven't played in a month. I was thinking about trying to knock out some missions but honestly didn't feel like running old content so I went to play sea of thieves and some rocket leafgue.

I think if they released the raid near the original time table of April 26th or earlier it might have been better. Because World Tier 5 was still more or less fresh, the game didn't stagnate yet, and people would have been cool with trying to gear up for the raid while the hardcore hardcore would have been starting it.

I might try to get some more gear this weekend, since I do wanna tackle it at some point. Ideally, after more people complete it a sort of meta strat will develop and it will become easier.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like DPS is the only thing that actually matters for the Raid. You can have the best tank or skill build and it wont matter one bit if you cant deal enough dps.

I also hear people say having the larger Mag size is the best mod to use since you only get about 1 Mag worth of damage before the boss gets back up. At least thats how it works for the first boss.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, it's probably going to turn a lot of people off. A bunch of people jump on to do the raid then realize their gear doesn't cut it. Then they don't bother to grind new gear and just play something else. With something like Destiny as long as you're max LL, you can get through new raids once you figure out the mechanics. This is more like gatekeeping. It's great for the dedicated and hardcore players. I have no problems with there being an activity for the hardcore players only, but your player base will suffer for it. Look at this cool new content you can't play! So they'll just move onto other games.

My gear is definitely not up for it atm, but I'm just fine grinding out the apparel event atm. So, I should be able to get geared while I do that.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if having GS 515 gear would have made it easier for people to get their dps up. They are probably going to have to make some adjustments before most people can even complete it on console. Its pretty telling if noone has been able to do it almost 24 hours later.

Yesterday there were TONS of people trying to get groups together in game on the helipad. Today theres no one lol.

Oct 27, 2017
From what I've seen of the raid... There's good news and bad news.

Good news is, it seems EXACTLY what an end game division activity should be. This is the true gear test. In Destiny, there isn't really much in terms of builds. You choose a class, elemental sub class, and elemental subclass tree and beyond that only certain exotics will really change up your abilities. Because of that, the raids are designed NOT to require a team composition of certain classes. They do have DPS checks but as long as you have a decent weapon set up (not hard to get) and are a high enough light level (not hard to do) the only thing stopping you from beating the raid is just knowing and executing mechanics.

The Division Raid demands you to know and execute on mechanics as well. I'd argue theirs are slightly less complex than some of the Destiny ones but still require a lot of coordination. The difference is, The Division is more like a true RPG than an action shooter. Your builds are actually important. Every stat is important. From what I've seen of this raid you can be Gear Score 500, be a good player, know the mechanics, but if your gear isn't optimized you are in a lot of trouble. And that is good. Division is a game build around builds and stats and build diversity.

But... The bad news is that its even more hardcore and tough to get into. I was excited to try the raid today at GS 497. But after reading about it and watching streams I realized I'd have to grind some more of the other activities to get better rolled loot to even have a chance. And I largely haven't played in a month. I was thinking about trying to knock out some missions but honestly didn't feel like running old content so I went to play sea of thieves and some rocket leafgue.

I think if they released the raid near the original time table of April 26th or earlier it might have been better. Because World Tier 5 was still more or less fresh, the game didn't stagnate yet, and people would have been cool with trying to gear up for the raid while the hardcore hardcore would have been starting it.

I might try to get some more gear this weekend, since I do wanna tackle it at some point. Ideally, after more people complete it a sort of meta strat will develop and it will become easier.
I'm sorta disappointed that Massive has really gone against the core foundation of the game they have been building since it's inception (sans for the easy mode that was the 1.4-1.5 updates in TD1 where you could tank anything and everything) in that the first real encounter of the raid forces you out of cover for the majority of the encounter if not even more so. I mean there may be strats eventually that allow you to stay in cover but they are hard to imagine right now. Seems like a totally different game with a lot of what makes the Division, well, The Division is just thrown out the window which is really the challenge currently of the first boss encounter.

I do want to try like two 3-man teams hanging out and using the two minigun/turrets and have two other players roaming the the arena and drawing aggro. This sounds decent on paper but the big Boomer probably won't cooperate.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Massive will hopefully step in and do a tuning pass on the raid. WoW raids get tweaked - even during world first Mythic runs by the top-top guilds.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if having GS 515 gear would have made it easier for people to get their dps up. They are probably going to have to make some adjustments before most people can even complete it on console. Its pretty telling if noone has been able to do it almost 24 hours later.

Yesterday there were TONS of people trying to get groups together in game on the helipad. Today theres no one lol.

There was backlash against dropping 515 gear and I wonder if Massive backpedaling on that led to this raid being a bit harder for people.

Massive will hopefully step in and do a tuning pass on the raid. WoW raids get tweaked - even during world first Mythic runs by the top-top guilds.

I'll wait a week and see if people get the hang of it.

Otherwise I would not be surprised if they made this the hard mode and gave us one where the DPS requirement and enemy damage is much lower. That would be more akin to a Destiny raid. Still tough, still checks those raid buttons I want checked. But without the need to whip out a spread sheet to plan my character.