• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Jumped back in last night after playing a few hours months ago. Level 12 I think. They totally changed gun mods right? I seem to remember each one had a drawback now it's all just stat boosts.

Yeh, they changed that a while back. It's not a change I particularly liked myself, seems very dumbed down now. Before you had to think about which mods to equip but now its just like yeh whatever...equip and go

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Glad I got the one year pass. A lot of that stuff to unlock the gunner spec looks like busy work. I'm going to do it for the other rewards, but I'm glad I don't have to focus on it and can just work on it when I want to.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
Man that premium uniform for Gunner is so sexy...

3wprFTj.jpg

It also has a nice mask that goes with it....

CUVuYhg.jpg

Just wish I could have both uniforms, standard and premium but I only got premium so it's either standard or premium or it is bugged at the moment.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got a mask with 40% DTE elites. That makes 3 weeks of playing daily where the only upgrade to my build was 2% DTE, despite having two pieces I'm hoping to drop with different roll combinations (mask and gloves).

Again, still love the moment to moment gameplay, and really love my build even though it's not really any of the popular ones...just hoping TU4 doesn't nerf it too bad (headshot damage AR and reload speedare pretty huge losses to me...AR headshot build, but hoping the 15% AR damage and some minigun set bonuses make up for it).
where/how did you farmt he mask? I'm over a month now with no upgrades to armor, still using the same stuff

TangoTango

Oct 30, 2017
Glad I got the one year pass. A lot of that stuff to unlock the gunner spec looks like busy work. I'm going to do it for the other rewards, but I'm glad I don't have to focus on it and can just work on it when I want to.
Even though it is tedious, I'm glad I don't have the year one pass. It actually gives me something to do. I was starting to get bored once I found out there's a cap to blueprints you can get from control points.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Doing the exotic holster quest and you have to do some CP 4s. I never done a CP 4, but I was like it can't be that hard. Holy shit, it's nothing but waves of elites. Good thing I have 60% damage to elites. It also rains fucking loot. lol

Oct 30, 2017
Upgrading from a 37% DTE mask to a 39% DTE mask got me feeling like

giphy.gif

Also, is the Hard-Wired component project even worth it? I have been replaying air and space on challenging for a chance at a C-component nonstop with no drops. It's the last one I need too.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Finished the exotic holster. Besides the annoying CP 4s, it's not difficult to get. It looks like it'll work great with LMG builds.

Here are the talents, if you're interested:
pistol.png

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Finished the exotic holster. Besides the annoying CP 4s, it's not difficult to get. It looks like it'll work great with LMG builds.

Here are the talents, if you're interested:
pistol.png

Yeah the

insta reload

is ace. My holster was the only poor piece in my build so this slotted in nicely especially with the additional 2 offensive mod slots on it as well, extra 12% LMG damage right there too.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I do not understand unlocking the Gunner Specialization. I have the Year One Pass, so it looks like I already have it unlocked or whatever. But its saying something about doing these Field Research Missions. Are those just to get Specialization points?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I do not understand unlocking the Gunner Specialization. I have the Year One Pass, so it looks like I already have it unlocked or whatever. But its saying something about doing these Field Research Missions. Are those just to get Specialization points?

There are cosmetics and blueprints you can get as rewards for completing them.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
where/how did you farmt he mask? I'm over a month now with no upgrades to armor, still using the same stuff
Just a random drop. If I'm not mistake it was a True Patriot mask, as gearsets often roll with less attributes, and thus bigger numbers. I have 5-6 other items in the 30-38% range, but this is the first time, since launch, I've found a 40%.

True Patriot is right, they can drop upto 55% DTE iirc so best bet is to farm Invaded black tusk missions and Black Tusk bounties. Mine was 47% and took 89 points on the recalibration scale. To get a high DTE roll on the TP mask it needs to have exceptionally low base armour.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
True Patriot is right, they can drop upto 55% DTE iirc so best bet is to farm Invaded black tusk missions and Black Tusk bounties. Mine was 47% and took 89 points on the recalibration scale. To get a high DTE roll on the TP mask it needs to have exceptionally low base armour.
Yeah, some of the hypothetical values are just nuts (as are the likelihood of them actually dropping).

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
I have an exclamation point for my Character and Inventory on the menu. It is driving me crazy. I checked every piece of EQ I have and all my mods. Nothing! Any idea what else it could mean?

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
I have an exclamation point for my Character and Inventory on the menu. It is driving me crazy. I checked every piece of EQ I have and all my mods. Nothing! Any idea what else it could mean?

If it's not something in the apparel category, then it's most likely something from a bug that hasn't been fixed yet. I've had the same issue for months now, as have others:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...lude_over_18=on&restrict_sr=on&sort=relevance

TangoTango

Oct 30, 2017
Confused enemies? I can unblock it for you if u on ps4, you just have to be in shooting range with me. I confuse them you shoot. I helped a lot of people with it today
I appreciate the offer, but I'll just wait for the (hopefully) fix with the maintenance. Of course, if it doesn't work, you'll be getting a DM from me. :)

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Loving the new holster. Plus with one of the new Gunner specs you can get +50 rounds with belt fed weapons. 150 round M60 with Unhinged and Allegro. Plus I'm using Liberty, so I get ammo back when I destroy weak points. Unlimited sustained damage.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Okay, now that I've got the best parts of the Gunner tree unlocked for my build:
+15% AR damage, +5% rate of fire on kill, +50% faster reloads on every 3rd reload, and 20% weapon handling bonus while motionless, it feels a lot more like what my Sharpshooter build felt like pre-nerf. And I dig the mini gun.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
There's a raid specific cheese on spec ammo, haven't tried it so can't confirm but once in your raid group using the Gunner spec build up your ammo to 150/150, fast travel to the boo and select demo spec, you'll have 6/150 grenade launcher rounds.

Oct 25, 2017
Coming back to the game with TU4 and already getting distraught over all the gear that I have hoarded. I'm seriously debating whether or not I just want to delete everything and start over.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm trying to get the holster. I'm at the part where you have to do level 4 control points. One of each gang faction right? I'm not seeing a cowboy hat person pop up. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
So I'm trying to get the holster. I'm at the part where you have to do level 4 control points. One of each gang faction right? I'm not seeing a cowboy hat person pop up. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

It's the named enemy on the defending stage of the take over. Each one will drop the component you need.

When you first got the component from the furthest west control point did you donate it and go to the projects npc at the boo to collect the next step?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
What a pain getting the Gunner spec because of that last part,using only a sniper Rifle...plus teamed up with a friend sometimes it counted for both and sometimes none...managed only 2 out of 5 so far...and matchmaking on this is not easy since most people on PS4 dont have mics so its hard to try and tell them you need to save the hostages without using anything but a marksman rifle...and what does the Gunner with a huge crank Machine gun have to do with sniping only...smh.

Also I dont like the new spec trees...why am I locked out of stuff...?? I dont get it...anyway,took the AR and LMG boost on all because thats what I prefer...Sniping in this game sucks,with the ennemies skating or running around like Bolt still...hostages often die...

I will try on and off but waiting for the new episode in July mostly...

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017

Return the first component first ( click on the project to donate it) to complete first part of the quest. If you won't they will never spawn. Once you do it you will get a new project for CP4. Once that is done donate all three components to recive final quest with the bar.

Last edited:

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
What a pain getting the Gunner spec because of that last part,using only a sniper Rifle...plus teamed up with a friend sometimes it counted for both and sometimes none...managed only 2 out of 5 so far...and matchmaking on this is not easy since most people on PS4 dont have mics so its hard to try and tell them you need to save the hostages without using anything but a marksman rifle...and what does the Gunner with a huge crank Machine gun have to do with sniping only...smh.

Also I dont like the new spec trees...why am I locked out of stuff...?? I dont get it...anyway,took the AR and LMG boost on all because thats what I prefer...Sniping in this game sucks,with the ennemies skating or running around like Bolt still...hostages often die...

I will try on and off but waiting for the new episode in July mostly...

I guess you've never used SVD if you think sniping sucks, pair that with Aces and Eight and you like a god lol

How are You being locked out of anything,? You can now choose up to three different weapon types for dmg bonus for each spec. You have enough points to get all the perks in the tree and up to three weapon types.

Last edited:

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I guess you never used SVD if you think sniping sucks, pair that with Aces and Eight and you like a god lol

How are You being locked out of anything,? You can now choose up to three different weapon types for dmg bonus for each spec. You have enough points to get all the perks in the tree and up to three weapon types.

I had to look quickly so I just saw the red squares appear with a lock on them so I thought it was something else...oh and can I use a Marksman Rifle and pull out the scope on it and use it that way...I think I have a few with nice magazines lol ;)

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
I had to look quickly so I just saw the red squares appear with a lock on them so I thought it was something else...oh and can I use a Marksman Rifle and pull out the scope on it and use it that way...I think I have a few with nice magazines lol ;)

Yeah, you can run any scope on it. Go with SVD, it's a semi automatic marksmen rifle. Hits like a truck and shoots like a normal rifle.

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
Man, as you go up in WT it gets harder to run around solo. No way I could do a Stronghold myself, but I sat there trying to get someone to join me (just calling for back-up) for like 20 min. Nadda!

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm pretty late to the party but now that I have a near-500 gearscore True Patriot set I think I'm ready to try the raid. That being said, are any of the ERA clans still doing it?

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
You'll get there. Eventually Hard mode on any activity is a breeze and Challenging is solo-able on everything. It just comes with time and optimizing your build.

What is the best way to get someone to join in matchmaking? I have been running to the spot where the mission starts before I look for help. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't....