• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

The Division 2 |OT| National Anthem

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Every attempt at this raid on discovery leads to abject failure and constant quits. Its incredibly frustrating and I question their decision making. Its absolutely shit design to try and retroactively make an easy/casual mode without fucking up the standard difficulty because you built fights around obtuseness. 8 randos without mics some of which can barely down yellows in under 2 clips just can't do it without the game telling them what to do or for it to be somewhat carryable. Sigh.

Spent hours building and awesome build and can't use it where u want to most. Do people still Sherpa on Xbox?
Feel free to add me on xbox. Gamertag shawnoftheshred - or better yet, join our clan, Kneel And Flex (a joke from the first game's emotes) - abbreviated as KNF. We've got a decent sized clan, but a dedicated group of 4-5 or so who are on a few times a week.

I have completed the raid on Normal and Discovery and find Discovery, outside of Razorback, pretty doable as long as 3-4 people know what to do. I used to random matchmake for Discovery all the time and would say that 85% of the time it'd be easy to get to Razorback, then it was 50/50 if people would actually focus on the Razorback or just get caught in an endless loop of just killing random yellow enemies.

Last edited:

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
So reading above it looks like this game still has activity on Xbox?
I had to get raid ready on PS and PC.....
(never got to do the raid) Xbox version is cheap as chips ON Cdkeys but the grind is not lol.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys, feeling curious about this game at the mo'. Did they make the loot more interesting and loosen up on the customisation restrictions? Have they stopped screwing with the balance all the time? Also, any new content of note been added?

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, feeling curious about this game at the mo'. Did they make the loot more interesting and loosen up on the customisation restrictions? Have they stopped screwing with the balance all the time? Also, any new content of note been added?
I'm going to give a blanket no to all of that but the 2-3 folks in this thread that still play actively may have a different take on it. The game is just as boring/bland as it was since you got to the end-game, balance is something they will always tinker with and change significantly...it's a constant trait of playing this game, the loot (and worthlessness of it) and the amount of it you get is just paralyzing to a degree, and most of the customization stuff looks like it doesn't belong in The Division series.

They did increase the stache/inventory sizes and material capacity as well but the amount of worthless loot that drops just makes the game unenjoyable to me. It's littered all over the map and none of it is any good, just incredibly tiresome to deal with.

Edit: The only "improvement" I like from the original Division is they made the light-zone more interesting and random while adding actual events and generally just more stuff to do overall in that area. I miss Global Events (Weekly and Weekend events), Incursions (these were much more fitting and fun for this game than a Raid), Legendary Missions, Gear Sets (Classified ones with more bonuses to be specific) that matter and a good variety of them, and the customization style of the first game.

I despise the tone of the TD2 (which was my biggest worry when I first played the Technical Alpha in 2018) as I simply don't care about anything in the game (the city...nope, the people living in it...nope, the factions are incredibly boring and we fight "important" guys with hammers and mini-guns far too often...just blah city).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
So reading above it looks like this game still has activity on Xbox?
I had to get raid ready on PS and PC.....
(never got to do the raid) Xbox version is cheap as chips ON Cdkeys but the grind is not lol.
I only started doing the regular raid recently, because it was hard to get 8 clan members on at the same time. I started answering LFG posts saying they needed 1-3 members for a fresh raid and bam, and was surprised how easy it was. Sometimes you wait 20 mins for the group to form, but you can just do other stuff while it is.

I went from no attempts to a 20 minute completion in 2 runs. Haven’t wiped/failed from a single LFG post so far. But it’s good to be up front about asking what role to take on each fight, as different groups have different strategies. I always let them know I’m a High DPS Ar build and usually get put on turret and Ads for boomer, computers for the gas room, DPS for Lucy and Buddy and Ads/drones for Razorback.

It’s actually easier and quickerto complete the Normal raid with an LFG post than it is Discovery with matchmaking at this point.

Last edited:

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to give a blanket no to all of that but the 2-3 folks in this thread that still play actively may have a different take on it. The game is just as boring/bland as it was since you got to the end-game, balance is something they will always tinker with and change significantly...it's a constant trait of playing this game, the loot (and worthlessness of it) and the amount of it you get is just paralyzing to a degree, and most of the customization stuff looks like it doesn't belong in The Division series.

They did increase the stache/inventory sizes and material capacity as well but the amount of worthless loot that drops just makes the game unenjoyable to me. It's littered all over the map and none of it is any good, just incredibly tiresome to deal with.

Edit: The only "improvement" I like from the original Division is they made the light-zone more interesting and random while adding actual events and generally just more stuff to do overall in that area. I miss Global Events (Weekly and Weekend events), Incursions (these were much more fitting and fun for this game than a Raid), Legendary Missions, Gear Sets (Classified ones with more bonuses to be specific) that matter and a good variety of them, and the customization style of the first game.

I despise the tone of the TD2 (which was my biggest worry when I first played the Technical Alpha in 2018) as I simply don't care about anything in the game (the city...nope, the people living in it...nope, the factions are incredibly boring and we fight "important" guys with hammers and mini-guns far too often...just blah city).
Thanks for the info. That sucks to hear :(. Been itching for some shootin' lately so was hoping things might have improved here. Maybe I'll just log in and play a few levels the next time I have PS+ just to get it out of my system.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the info. That sucks to hear :(. Been itching for some shootin' lately so was hoping things might have improved here. Maybe I'll just log in and play a few levels the next time I have PS+ just to get it out of my system.
I still log-in and mess about here and there every once and a while because, well, I loved the first game and spent a ton of time with TD2 at release and for a couple months thereafter. I loved the Gear Sets of the first game and creating builds around them but the specializations in combination with the high-end gear set bonuses of TD2 simply don't compare in my book. I'm saddened more than anything with how I currently feel about the series and where it's likely headed. I definitely wouldn't just automatically buy a Division 3 which I can't believe I'm saying.

That said, I know they've changed some things and added some other specialization classes so you may get more out of it than I'm able to currently. I'm just one opinion so I say try it for yourself if you've already invested monetarily.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
Got around to playing the new Pentagon mission on pc tonight and got to say I enjoyed it.
Maybe a bit long but the art work is fantastic and the level design seems good. Also noticed a handful of the Era clan are still active so I'll be doing some other bits soon.