• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
I guess not many people are playing in the world tier I'm on (WT2). I try matchmaking for the various main missions I need to advance and get gear score up, but I very rarely get any squad members. Guess majority of players are already gear score 500 and different world tier.

Kinda sucks because it's much more fun with three others with a bunch of drones and turrets spread out. Welp, just gotta grind until I get there.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I guess not many people are playing in the world tier I'm on (WT2). I try matchmaking for the various main missions I need to advance and get gear score up, but I very rarely get any squad members. Guess majority of players are already gear score 500 and different world tier.

Kinda sucks because it's much more fun with three others with a bunch of drones and turrets spread out. Welp, just gotta grind until I get there.
Rather than matchmake, you can "call for help" once you start a mission. You'll get a lot of folks joining quickly through the Shepherd system. The only downside is they will likely be at 500 gear score, so probably steamrolling a lot of the content. But still can be fun!

Loggjaw

Oct 25, 2017
Rather than matchmake, you can "call for help" once you start a mission. You'll get a lot of folks joining quickly through the Shepherd system. The only downside is they will likely be at 500 gear score, so probably steamrolling a lot of the content. But still can be fun!

I joined your guild I am only level 17? Kinda taking it slow even though I played it before and played a tons of D1 also.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
I still log-in and mess about here and there every once and a while because, well, I loved the first game and spent a ton of time with TD2 at release and for a couple months thereafter. I loved the Gear Sets of the first game and creating builds around them but the specializations in combination with the high-end gear set bonuses of TD2 simply don't compare in my book. I'm saddened more than anything with how I currently feel about the series and where it's likely headed. I definitely wouldn't just automatically buy a Division 3 which I can't believe I'm saying.

That said, I know they've changed some things and added some other specialization classes so you may get more out of it than I'm able to currently. I'm just one opinion so I say try it for yourself if you've already invested monetarily.

Well, I don't normally have BS+ which is why I was checking the temperature before committing to anything. But I ended up buying some in the Black Friday sale at a steep discount so no harm in me jumping in to check it out when I get back.

I also don't think I would buy future games at launch anymore. I love so many things about this series but I sadly don't have much confidence in these developers.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Man I really want to get this game. Big fan of the first. Still full price though. Surprised it isn't much cheaper than launch price. It is $80 where i live still. :(

Can't afford that.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
They cite a small playerbase for survival and underground in D1 as to why they didn't mimic such modes for Div2 in the same SotG where they are excited to announce a perma death mode in a loot shooter with where you can insta die to grenades you can't see and suicidal shotgun elites that straight up charge you.

I don't know what kind of interest they expect. But they better lower there expectations

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I joined your guild I am only level 17? Kinda taking it slow even though I played it before and played a tons of D1 also.
Right on-offer always stands
They cite a small playerbase for survival and underground in D1 as to why they didn't mimic such modes for Div2 in the same SotG where they are excited to announce a perma death mode in a loot shooter with where you can insta die to grenades you can't see and suicidal shotgun elites that straight up charge you.

I don't know what kind of interest they expect. But they better lower there expectations
in that State Of The Game they explained it was a side project for a couple of devs that wasn't taking away resources from what they are working on, but that they realized they might as well release it as an option for the the playerbase. They kept setting expectations that it's a beta mode and can grow if the playerbase wants it/they are open to feedback, but it really didn't read to me like they expect it to be a big mode-just something really exciting for diehard players and streamers to raise the stakes in a game where deaths become really infrequent and never punishing.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Right on-offer always stands

in that State Of The Game they explained it was a side project for a couple of devs that wasn't taking away resources from what they are working on, but that they realized they might as well release it as an option for the the playerbase. They kept setting expectations that it's a beta mode and can grow if the playerbase wants it/they are open to feedback, but it really didn't read to me like they expect it to be a big mode-just something really exciting for diehard players and streamers to raise the stakes in a game where deaths become really infrequent and never punishing.
I know all that. But it's the optics of it. Coming off another stream of, we are listening but have nothing to announce, yet again. Except this side thing a tiny fraction of a fraction of people will touch while trying to silence a vocal base clamoring for certain modes by claiming they weren't popular.

In the meantime, here is kennley college for you to ignore again.

It feels like a destiny prison of elders/infinte forest Bungie fuck up situation right now. The elements exist to have a replayable mode that can feel fresh with constantly changing modifiers. Why can't they execute on such a simple premise. It really feels like they are blinded by being able to market RAIDS. I would love to see their numbers for the people who actually managed to finish it vs the modes they claim aren't popular enough to carry over

Last edited:

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
It's been on sale for like $15-20 couple of times.
I was about to respond the same way until they said, where they live. So I'm assuming the frequent Psn/Live sales aren't applied to their country. Because yeah, like you said, it's been a part of every major online sale like most Ubisoft games
Yeah I guess I missed that sale by a few days. Damn. I am in south america. You guys think there will be another sale soon? I know ubi is good with putting their games on sale. Black friday was 75% off from the looks of it. Really angry I didn't catch that. Also on PC for what its worth.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah I guess I missed that sale by a few days. Damn. I am in south america. You guys think there will be another sale soon? I know ubi is good with putting their games on sale. Black friday was 75% off from the looks of it. Really angry I didn't catch that. Also on PC for what its worth.
There will definitely be another sale before the end of the year, look out for it on Uplay.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Interesting State Of The Game today. Wasn't expecting any kind of news but there were a few tidbits:

- after episode 3, they will be overhauling the UI and change the way gear works slightly. The UI will display stat ranges for attributes visually on the gear (for example, 4.5% weapon damage on a backpack will look about 1/2 full). They said that this means that it will be easier to tell how good each gear item is, but also, said that it will be possible in the future to have all attributes maxed. The current system has it so if one stat is high, the other will be low. God rolls are coming back. One would hope that this would mean that Optimization is returning to in some form (perhaps trading in Exotic components?).
UI Overhaul
UI Overhaul 2
Basically, the budget system is being overhauled at some point. My hope is that, if they bring optimization back, it will allow us to keep our current builds and push their power up to take on more Raids/potentially more difficult content, rather than just upping the Gear Score, making us re-farm everything. But we'll see!

- Composure talent is coming to chests. One would assume this means many, if not all, talents, will be rollable on any piece of gear, which would shake up builds again.

- They are trying to make the hardcore character slot a 5th character slot (for the most, uhm, hardcore of players).

PS: been having a blast in Hardcore mode. It really does change the feel of the game. I'm approaching battles more cautiously and enjoying playing through the game again, all fresh-like. I'd recommend giving a shot.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think the gold edition is worth an extra $3.50 vs the standard edition? At this point in time in the games life? I mean its almost sad to even ask for that little a difference lol

edit: I decided to just get standard because I am cheap.

Last edited:

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Do you guys think the gold edition is worth an extra $3.50 vs the standard edition? At this point in time in the games life? I mean its almost sad to even ask for that little a difference lol

Not really TBH. You can always get it when it is even cheaper down the road if you want access to the new specializations in the post-game.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Well I picked up the game for the first time in a while and it allowed me to play through a whole story mission, some world activities and partway through one of the secret missions before crashing. I guess that's progress?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

Unlocking the specializations right away is major, imo. Especially for a player like me who comes back to the game every few months, meaning I can jump right in with it without spending 4 hours unlocking them. And for 4 bucks, that's worth the time you save

Edit, NVM read your edit late

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know how to leave a match made group with a friend? Kind of annoying that you can't just simply leave group with your buddy but instead must both back out and then rejoin.......unless I'm missing something here

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Someone suggested turning of DX12 and I can now play this game again! I finished all three of the base strongholds.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
For anyone who has been working towards the crazy Seeker Mine/Turret heroic shredding build, there's a 147% damage mod in the level 30 clan vendor for the turret. Very hard to beat (I just wish it was for the other slot!).

when i presently looked i swear it said vote to remove......ill have to try it again later tonight.
I guess you're right, it's a vote. But as a two man group, I don't think I've ever not successfully kicked a player we wanted gone for whatever reason (troll or just wanting to go back to duos).

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
For anyone who has been working towards the crazy Seeker Mine/Turret heroic shredding build, there's a 147% damage mod in the level 30 clan vendor for the turret. Very hard to beat (I just wish it was for the other slot!).

I guess you're right, it's a vote. But as a two man group, I don't think I've ever not successfully kicked a player we wanted gone for whatever reason (troll or just wanting to go back to duos).

I'll give it a go, maybe my brother didn't realize i was voting last night to kick the 4th member. Thanks for the assist, now just to carry my mission out. Because doing the missions with 4 players was a ton of fun. Shit exploding everywhere and stuff leveling up is fun mayhem. I know come end game we can't do that, but its great they don't throw the difficulty in your face immediately.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I'll give it a go, maybe my brother didn't realize i was voting last night to kick the 4th member. Thanks for the assist, now just to carry my mission out. Because doing the missions with 4 players was a ton of fun. Shit exploding everywhere and stuff leveling up is fun mayhem. I know come end game we can't do that, but its great they don't throw the difficulty in your face immediately.
Early end-game can get tougher as you're leveling up. The Black Tusk hit harder, and you're constantly in tiers where you're starting at the low end of the power level. However, come real endgame, even on Heroic, you can absolutely melt enemies with seekers, drones, whatever guns, etc. With a properly formed team, even the Raid Bosses can be taken down in a couple of well-timed shots/before they activate their phases, etc.

Have fun! I'm trying to get back to 30 on a Hardcore character, nice and slowly, and it's been a lot of fun playing an under-powered agent again.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Stupid question, but what is the proper way to take down the giant backpack chain gun guys? I would assume it's shooting them in the backpack, but when I fight them they just always seem to stay at full health until something happens and I start doing damage to them.

luxarific

Jan 14, 2018
Shoot the gun or the red box on the side of the gun backpack and that will break it, which will force them to kneel down and fix it. I usually just grenade or seeker mine them until their armor breaks and then apply bleed with the stinger hive

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Shoot the gun or the red box on the side of the gun backpack and that will break it, which will force them to kneel down and fix it. I usually just grenade or seeker mine them until their armor breaks and then apply bleed with the stinger hive

Wouldn't the drone that targets weak points be insanely useful as well in that situation? I've been using it and it's amazing to watch it just launch out at everything I marked with a weakness and blow it up

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Stupid question, but what is the proper way to take down the giant backpack chain gun guys? I would assume it's shooting them in the backpack, but when I fight them they just always seem to stay at full health until something happens and I start doing damage to them.
Best bet is to focus on one area and one area only (like the head or belly). You break the armor and then damage health, but if you're changing where you aim constantly, you'll break each piece of armor individually (mask, arms, chest, legs, health) without ever doing actual damage to their health.

Solo, you'll want to pick a spot, and shoot him there. When he starts aggro'ing you, shoot the gun, so he has to kneel to reload...when he does, target the same area you were at first. When he gets up and aggros again, shoot the backpack sticking out...he'll stagger again...should be able to down him then.

More advanced technique is because of the third person view, you can also stand behind cover, without leaning up against it, and get your bullets to hit him without him hitting you. Take practice to get a feel for where to stand but useful on all enemies and lets you be really aggressive...

And no joke, if you're in a team, shooting him in the butt is the quickest way to down him (very useful in the last fight of the raid). Just need to not have his aggro.

Nov 2, 2017

You can keep them locked down by repeatedly shooting the ammo belt feeding the gun. They have to repair it before they can shoot again, and you can just break it again. Follow everyone else's advice for actually dealing damage.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a difficulty level that most players use for mission matchmaking (PC)? I tried to run the invaded stronghold last night on normal around 9pm ET, but couldn't find a group. I figure that's pretty close to primetime in terms of players logged in.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Is there a difficulty level that most players use for mission matchmaking (PC)? I tried to run the invaded stronghold last night on normal around 9pm ET, but couldn't find a group. I figure that's pretty close to primetime in terms of players logged in.
At this point, I would imagine most people in the endgame are likely playing on Heroic when missions are invaded (guaranteed named item drops), Challenging when not (still a lot of loot).

pje122

Jul 11, 2018
So here is a question that I hope someone has some experience with.
I started playing The Division 2, on PC, through UPlay+. If I purchase a copy of The Division 2 through the Epic Games store, may I redeem that through the Uplay Launcher and continue where I left off (with all my saved data/progress intact?)?

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
how's the player pop on PC? I have to imagine it's not completely anemic since Division 1 has fallen off a cliff since D2 launch. one of these days I would like to get at least one endgame build out of this game after how much I enjoyed the first game

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So here is a question that I hope someone has some experience with.
I started playing The Division 2, on PC, through UPlay+. If I purchase a copy of The Division 2 through the Epic Games store, may I redeem that through the Uplay Launcher and continue where I left off (with all my saved data/progress intact?)?

I was in the same boat, I just bought Div2 through EGS, then when I clicked the game in EGS it asked to link my uPlay acct. After linking, I closed both EGS and uPlay, and when I opened uPlay Div2 was in my games folder, with my playtime and stats all there. I'm downloading it now, it seems like everything will carry over.

pje122

Jul 11, 2018
I was in the same boat, I just bought Div2 through EGS, then when I clicked the game in EGS it asked to link my uPlay acct. After linking, I closed both EGS and uPlay, and when I opened uPlay Div2 was in my games folder, with my playtime and stats all there. I'm downloading it now, it seems like everything will carry over.
Awesome. Let me know if there's any issues. Thanks for the reply.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Let me know if there's any issues. Thanks for the reply.

Was out for the hockey game (woo! Leafs win!), so I just had a chance to try it a minute ago.

Yeah, uPlay boots up the game, my old character is still there, EGS doesn't factor in at all, it's not running or anything.

So for The Division 2, getting it through EGS appears to be the same as getting it through GreenManGaming or any other key reseller. It's 100% a uPlay key.

Oct 27, 2017
Just got this from the EGS sale and it's fantastic so far. Looking to group up and eventually do some fun endgame. I'm down for casual co-op play any time! My UPlay ID is the same as my username here. Send an invite!

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
EGS deal seems like a steal. I want to play it solo and mainly for the campaign. Not interested in Endgame grind or Raids.
Is the Gold Edition with the Season Pass worth it for Solo players or is this only new endgame stuff? It's 5€ vs 10€, so not really that much more ;)

Nov 2, 2017
EGS deal seems like a steal. I want to play it solo and mainly for the campaign. Not interested in Endgame grind or Raids.
Is the Gold Edition with the Season Pass worth it for Solo players or is this only new endgame stuff? It's 5€ vs 10€, so not really that much more ;)

The classes it unlocks are post campaign, so you should be fine passing on it.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Cassie has a very strong mask this week (not god roll, but can be top tier for builds that focus on AR, rifle or Marksman). I've been looking for one with high naturally rolled health for a few weeks...

It's a D&H with Perfect Concussion and 16k health. If you roll Damage to Elites from an Airaldi or Alps (usually 47-55%) onto it and keep the health its great for PVE. RollingCrit Chance or Crit Damage makes it great for PVP too.

I recommend buying 2-3.