• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
the 40s get scaled down.
just the same as it is right now if a party is 20 30 30 30

edit: have you never played an MMO or something that gets expansions before? Like WoW or FF14 or something?

I have played MMO, and you were peer-pressured to buy the expansions in the case of WoW. Scaling down has never worked. When you get scaled down in GW2 zones, you still carry the overwhelming equipment difference. Same in the World vs World. You do the old raid in WoW and the power-creep makes it look like a cakewalk.

If you remain level-capped without new drops, you are severed from the community. This is why I say that Warlords is fake-value: people will have to buy it just because of the level-cap increase. And just because other games get-away with it, it doesn't mean that D2 owners should let Ubisoft fuck them too.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I have played MMO, and you were peer-pressured to buy the expansions in the case of WoW. Scaling down has never worked. When you get scaled down in GW2 zones, you still carry the overwhelming equipment difference. Same in the World vs World.

If you remain level-capped without new drops, you are severed from the community. This is why I say that Warlords is fake-value: people will have to buy it just because of the level-cap increase. And just because other games get-away with it, it doesn't mean that D2 owners should let Ubisoft fuck them too.
I mean...if you want to play a game then you want to play the new content. Like, I don't get it really.
Are you trying to be competitive or something? Cause competitive means you need the newest content, it always has.
If you want new content, they are offering it, that's literally Warlords.
I'm not sure what you are arguing here that people are not getting? Like, someone without the expansion can play a ton of content and do it perfectly fine. Are they supposed to get all the content without paying for it or?
I'm not trying to be confrontational here I just really don't get what your issue is. People who don't buy the expansion can play the game perfectly fine just like someone who doesn't buy a WoW expansion can play it perfectly fine. It's just that at some point if they want new content, they will have to pay for it, which is...perfectly normal?

Also, you are not severed from the community. You are with the community of people who don't buy the expansion pack.
it's not gonna be you alone and then everyone else has it. And of course you will not be able to play the expansion content cause you didn't buy the expansion. That's like,the whole point of the expansion

Oct 27, 2017
I mean...if you want to play a game then you want to play the new content. Like, I don't get it really.
Are you trying to be competitive or something? Cause competitive means you need the newest content, it always has.
If you want new content, they are offering it, that's literally Warlords.
I'm not sure what you are arguing here that people are not getting? Like, someone without the expansion can play a ton of content and do it perfectly fine. Are they supposed to get all the content without paying for it or?
I'm not trying to be confrontational here I just really don't get what your issue is. People who don't buy the expansion can play the game perfectly fine just like someone who doesn't buy a WoW expansion can play it perfectly fine. It's just that at some point if they want new content, they will have to pay for it, which is...perfectly normal?

I am thinking of content and power-levels as two separate items.

The problem is that the Warlords increases power-levels, which affects the old content. And the future content too. Level-cap increase is not something Division 1 or any of the D2 updates did, let alone paid level-cap increase. In Division, everyone was World Tier 5 working on their level 30 gear, even if there was a small lack of players.

Now, Ubisoft isn't just selling new content. Ubisoft is selling new content bundled with better stats.

Competitive doesn't mean "newest content". Siege or For Honor are good examples of new content having no impact on the existing power-levels. Those games are selling new content without bundling better stats. For a few years now, there is a trend that the new content is never P2W, at no point should the paying players get any advantage.

Going back to Paid Expansion Power-Level increase is backwards. Just because Destiny gets away with it, it doesn't mean it is good. The community should have never been split into 30s and 40s, I think it is a mistake. It remains to be seen how the world tiers and gear balances out.

Don't you believe that the community will be split? Is this something that will benefit the community?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

The problem is that the Warlords increases power-levels, which affects the old content. And the future content too. Level-cap increase is not something Division 1 or any of the D2 updates did, let alone paid level-cap increase. In Division, everyone was World Tier 5 working on their level 30 gear, even if there was a small lack of players.

Now, Ubisoft isn't just selling new content. Ubisoft is selling new content bundled with better stats.

Competitive doesn't mean "newest content". Siege or For Honor are good examples of new content having no impact on the existing power-levels. Those games are selling new content without bundling better stats. For a few years now, there is a trend that the new content is never P2W, at no point should the paying players get any advantage.

Going back to Paid Expansion Power-Level increase is backwards. Just because Destiny gets away with it, it doesn't mean it is good. The community should have never been split into 30s and 40s, I think it is a mistake. It remains to be seen how the world tiers and gear balances out.

Don't you believe that the community will be split? Is this something that will benefit the community?
The community will be split like it is split in any other game.
People who have Warlords and people who haven't.
in WoW it's people who have Shadowlands and people who don't.
in FF14 it's people who have Shadowbringers and people who don't.

it's just such a normal thing and it's not like lvl 30 people and lvl 40 people really interact in any way outside of the very small situations where a lvl 30 friend and a lvl 40 friend group up together which is the same thing that can and does happen in Wow, FF14, etc...

I also don't get how the power increase matters seeing how it doesn't affect lvl 30 content?
All the content goes to lvl 40 for lvl 40 players. You're not running leaderboards or being competitive against lvl 30 players.
it's their own two seperate worlds. I don't even know if a lvl 30 with a lvl 40 in his group could enter the DZ together which would maybe MAYBE be the one point where any of the power level increase could matter unless the scaling is really well done.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere

You're wrong about Destiny.

Free to play D2 players can get competitive guns and hit the same power cap as anyone who bought the seasons and Shadowkeep.

Just letting you know.

Oct 27, 2017
The community will be split like it is split in any other game.
People who have Warlords and people who haven't.
in WoW it's people who have Shadowlands and people who don't.
in FF14 it's people who have Shadowbringers and people who don't.

it's just such a normal thing and it's not like lvl 30 people and lvl 40 people really interact in any way outside of the very small situations where a lvl 30 friend and a lvl 40 friend group up together which is the same thing that can and does happen in Wow, FF14, etc...

I think your position is clear. If WoW does it, then it is ok.

And I think my position is also clear, 15-year old business model is not something I wanted Division 2 to "evolve" into.

Free to play D2 players can get competitive guns and hit the same power cap as anyone who bought the seasons and Shadowkeep.

Just letting you know.

Thank you for this correction, now Division 2 looks even worse. All these MMO-lite games like Division 1,Destiny 2, PoE or Warframe will not have the community splitting shit Warlords is bringing to Division 2.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017

Just letting you know.
Isn't Forsaken still separate which is a huge deal? Shadowkeep barely gave anything but Forsaken is pretty core but they make you buy it which does separate the f2p and paid community.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
So I came back to the game yesterday after a months long hiatus. I beat the game, got to WT 5, played the 2 main missions from the first DLC, never really dabbled in endgame or builds. But expansion hype and the Coney Island missions brought me back.
So how do I go about acquiring a piece of Hard Wired gear? One of the Coney Island missions dropped me a piece, my clan vendor was selling 2 pieces. Now I'm short one piece for the 4 pcs bonus - is there a quick and easy way to farm one? Didn't see it in the targetet loot map (If I used that correctly that is).

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So I came back to the game yesterday after a months long hiatus. I beat the game, got to WT 5, played the 2 main missions from the first DLC, never really dabbled in endgame or builds. But expansion hype and the Coney Island missions brought me back.
So how do I go about acquiring a piece of Hard Wired gear? One of the Coney Island missions dropped me a piece, my clan vendor was selling 2 pieces. Now I'm short one piece for the 4 pcs bonus - is there a quick and easy way to farm one? Didn't see it in the targetet loot map (If I used that correctly that is).
Go to a targeted loot area where it says "Gear set" drops. and kill enemies there.
I think you can also get Hard Wired blueprints and craft it?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm in love with the game but I'm lost with their business model. If I don't buy the year 1 pass, will I lose much?
you will not get 8 small-ish missions that give you some lore and a backpack dongle each. outside of that you will also have to actually unlock 3 of the 6 specializations by going through a series of challenges per specialization instead of having them immediately unlocked.
unless you can find the season pass for super super cheap, you won't need it.

Yiepekaiyei

Nov 20, 2017
Brazil
you will not get 8 small-ish missions that give you some lore and a backpack dongle each. outside of that you will also have to actually unlock 3 of the 6 specializations by going through a series of challenges per specialization instead of having them immediately unlocked.
unless you can find the season pass for super super cheap, you won't need it.
The pass is cheap now, but as I'm not super worried about doing everything in the game, I think I will save money for the exp. Thank you for the info!

Also, this game gave me some serious desire to play the first game. I'll get it when it's cheap. Hope there's people playing still.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Double-dipped and bought this on PS4 so I can snag that platinum. Just started playing it last night, and I'm having fun. Anyone else playing on PS4 that might want to group up? Most of my PS4 friends have moved on from this game, so I'm stuck just playing with randoms.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think your position is clear. If WoW does it, then it is ok.

And I think my position is also clear, 15-year old business model is not something I wanted Division 2 to "evolve" into.

Thank you for this correction, now Division 2 looks even worse. All these MMO-lite games like Division 1,Destiny 2, PoE or Warframe will not have the community splitting shit Warlords is bringing to Division 2.
What does an MMO have to do with a loot shooter? Who cares about what wow does? Division is diablo analagous, not Wow. I'm not sure what you're expecting here, you can play a ton of content wihtout the expansion, for three freaking dollars, if someone wants to play more they'll buy the expansion.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Isn't Forsaken still separate which is a huge deal? Shadowkeep barely gave anything but Forsaken is pretty core but they make you buy it which does separate the f2p and paid community.

No.

You can patrol any area free.

You have to buy the content to access the content aka raids.

EDIT: And certain guns. Because that's the content you pay for. but there's a lot of exotics available for F2P and ALL the patrol zones are there to have fun in.

Oct 27, 2017
What does an MMO have to do with a loot shooter? Who cares about what wow does? Division is diablo analagous, not Wow. I'm not sure what you're expecting here, you can play a ton of content wihtout the expansion, for three freaking dollars, if someone wants to play more they'll buy the expansion.

You seem to be lost because the argument for the support for Warlords was precisely because WOW does it. So if you wonder what WoW Expansion level-capping business model has to do with Div2, don't ask me, because I don't want it.

I am expecting what we get in any other MMO-lite game. Content where the power-creep doesn't lead to paid-only content. Content can be locked behind a paywall, progress shouldn't.

If you are arguing from the value side, the current $3 package does get you a lot of shit and it is definitely worth it. Also, I am not arguing against the expansion content or asking it to be free, I am arguing against the level-cap increase for the Expansion owners only. This is unlike every other MMO-lite game on the market right now.

Are you in favor of splitting the community in level 30s and 40s gear levels? Is this something that will be positive for the community?

Izzwan

Oct 27, 2017
Malaysia
New to the game, just did the dark zone for the first time. I did not see any other player while I was there and even match making took a long time. Is this normal?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You seem to be lost because the argument for the support for Warlords was precisely because WOW does it. So if you wonder what WoW Expansion level-capping business model has to do with Div2, don't ask me, because I don't want it.

I am expecting what we get in any other MMO-lite game. Content where the power-creep doesn't lead to paid-only content. Content can be locked behind a paywall, progress shouldn't.

If you are arguing from the value side, the current $3 package does get you a lot of shit and it is definitely worth it. Also, I am not arguing against the expansion content or asking it to be free, I am arguing against the level-cap increase for the Expansion owners only. This is unlike every other MMO-lite game on the market right now.

Are you in favor of splitting the community in level 30s and 40s gear levels? Is this something that will be positive for the community?
The 'community' won't be split. ffs. Everyone that actually plays and cares about the game will have the expansions. Anyone that doesn't, doesn't need the community.

What difference does it make if you're not doing shit with your friends because you don't own New York, where they're all doing stuff, or because you're level 30 and they're all in new york doing stuff that you can't do? None. They can still come group with you.

Levelling and gear are big parts of these games, so yes that is 'content' as far as expansions go. It's not splitting the community, it's the community moving on and if you choose not to you're the one that is opting not to, in the same way that someone still playing Division 1 is choosing to stay back from playing Div 2. We're not talking about a pvp shooter where the map pool is affected by this.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I just started this and it sucked 3 hours of my life! I like it so far, seems easy to match with people.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
New to the game, just did the dark zone for the first time. I did not see any other player while I was there and even match making took a long time. Is this normal?

The initial mission in each dark zone where you scan the area and find the extraction points etc are all in your own instance without other players. It's after then when entering a DZ checkpoint you'll get a server transfer to a populated server.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I just saw the game on sale on Playstation Store for around 7$, then decided to check if the game also drops in Epic Game Store (I don't have any readily available payment method for UPlay for my country). It's around 2$.

Welp time to finally jump in.

I saw somewhere that the Div 2 in EGS is tied to UPlay, can anyone ELI5 how it work ? Should I made Ubisoft account ( I think I have Ubi account when I played Far Cry 5 in PS4? ). ?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Monster Hunter World did with the Iceborne expansion fyi. Base game only owner won't have access to highest level weapons/armors because they don't have access to the content that provides them. I'm pretty sure based on what I see The Division 2 works exactly the same.
They don't get access to the clutch claw and any of the clutch claw attacks either which someone who has the DLC can use from the very beginning of the basegame

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
They don't get access to the clutch claw and any of the clutch claw attacks either which someone who has the DLC can use from the very beginning of the basegame

These kind of games, the more dedicated players (those who care about endgame, minmaxing, etc) will move on to the new stuff as soon as possible.

Still remember when I login to Destiny 2 sometimes after Warmind but before Forsaken, most of the time I'm the only one in Tower/Patrol area to only have base game level cap lol.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
These kind of games, the more dedicated players (those who care about endgame, minmaxing, etc) will move on to the new stuff as soon as possible.

Still remember when I login to Destiny 2 sometimes after Warmind but before Forsaken, most of the time I'm the only one in Tower/Patrol area to only have base game level cap lol.
Yep, I agree with you totally which I had been arguing for earlier: The people who are actually invested in the game will get the new content and play it. They are "the community". The people who don't stay up to date are more "visitors".

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
So I got back to this game after leaving it last summer. I have a lvl30 chracter now but have not finished the main campaign yet. What should I focus on? I get sidetracked with everything, as mostly everything is fun in this game. I am ignoring most of the deeper gameplay stuff like recalibration and crafting and just roll with the loot - but I guess that won't last me long enough after the campaign?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So I got back to this game after leaving it last summer. I have a lvl30 chracter now but have not finished the main campaign yet. What should I focus on? I get sidetracked with everything, as mostly everything is fun in this game. I am ignoring most of the deeper gameplay stuff like recalibration and crafting and just roll with the loot - but I guess that won't last me long enough after the campaign?
it will. you don't need to really care about loot and builds too much. Just do all the content at least once :D

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Since most current endgame gear will probably be outclassed by the first green gear piece you find in Warlords I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just see that you make it through the campaign and the subsequent World Tiers.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Why is a 30$ expansion a year after release such a controversial thing?
(it's not even 30$ if you buy it with the 100 uplay coins 20% voucher lol)
Because "TRUE GAMERS" believe that it should be free cause some stuff wasn't how they wanted it in the first year of the game they bought. They also think because a small amount of them bought the biggest and most expensive edition which was clearly advertised as what it would include should entitle them to also receive content that is outside the package they bought for free.

it's all very weird and has a lot to do with "lazy devs" and "game sucks so give me stuff for free" or whatever.

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Forgive my ignorance, but is there an easy way to tell if one gun has better DPM than another? I get all these guns, and I don't mind changing them up, but it's hard to tell if the new one i got is a "better" gun than the one I have when they're different types of guns.

This gets worse as I try to compare levels and green/blue guns.

Am I missing something?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Forgive my ignorance, but is there an easy way to tell if one gun has better DPM than another? I get all these guns, and I don't mind changing them up, but it's hard to tell if the new one i got is a "better" gun than the one I have when they're different types of guns.

Am I missing something?
You can only really compare guns in their same type directly. Like an AR with 15k dps vs an AR with 18kdps.
Also gear 2.0 will probably change quite a bit, so right now, just go for whatever guns you want to use and try and use the one that has the highest damage or talents on it.
So if you ant to use a FAMAS, use a FAMAS but try to use the one with the highest stats you have.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019

Am I missing something?

Given that you're comparing green and blue guns, I presume that you're in the leveling experience

In that case, dont worry about the loot until you reach the endgame and get to WT5. And I'd advise holding off on grinding for a build until Gear 2.0 releases in March 3rd

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
Double-dipped and bought this on PS4 so I can snag that platinum. Just started playing it last night, and I'm having fun. Anyone else playing on PS4 that might want to group up? Most of my PS4 friends have moved on from this game, so I'm stuck just playing with randoms.
I'm down to group up.

You mind doing this for me?
thedivision2.com

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 Friend Referral - Invite Friends, Earn Rewards | Ubisoft (US)

As a Division Agent, you can now earn in-game rewards by inviting your friends to play Tom Clancy's The Division 2. Rewards include collectible backpack trophies, gear, and apparel.

So both of us can get the rewards. lol.

PSN: TehAmazingTurtle

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
You can only really compare guns in their same type directly. Like an AR with 15k dps vs an AR with 18kdps.
Also gear 2.0 will probably change quite a bit, so right now, just go for whatever guns you want to use and try and use the one that has the highest damage or talents on it.
So if you ant to use a FAMAS, use a FAMAS but try to use the one with the highest stats you have.
Highest damage is hard to tell though, right? I have a shotgun that does 2k damage, but how do I know if that's stronger than some uzi I got that only does 100 damage but with a high RPM?

Those are the questions I'm trying to figure out :)

Given that you're comparing green and blue guns, I presume that you're in the leveling experience

In that case, dont worry about the loot until you reach the endgame and get to WT5. And I'd advise holding off on grinding for a build until Gear 2.0 releases in March 3rd
right, I'm not too concerned about it now. But I want to understand it so that when it does matter I can tell the difference.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Highest damage is hard to tell though, right? I have a shotgun that does 2k damage, but how do I know if that's stronger than some uzi I got that only does 100 damage but with a high RPM?

Those are the questions I'm trying to figure out :)

right, I'm not too concerned about it now. But I want to understand it so that when it does matter I can tell the difference.
like i said, you can't really compare those without doing math. so just don't care about it and just choose whatever feels fun for you right now. since you are leveling, just try and use level appropriate guns and there you go.

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
like i said, you can't really compare those without doing math. so just don't care about it and just choose whatever feels fun for you right now. since you are leveling, just try and use level appropriate guns and there you go.
So let's pretend I'm in endgame... how do I tell what's stronger?

Xanathus

Oct 25, 2017
So let's pretend I'm in endgame... how do I tell what's stronger?
You read through this spreadsheet/guide to know what talents and attributes can roll on which gear

And you compare attribute rolls with datamined charts like this to know how well an attribute has rolled

And you put in your weapon damage values in order to calculate how high your weapon damage has rolled
docs.google.com

TD2 Calculator (by Voeu)

td2 dgm calculator DMG CALCULATOR,YÜZDEBİRLİK HESAPLAYICI Silah,RPM,Şarjör,Dolum,DPS,DPM,Silah Hasarı,Bütün Silahlar,Tabancaya Özgü,Minimum,Maksimum,% mükemmel Examples,Hasarı,Boyutu,Süresi,(yeniden yükleme yok),(yeniden yüklemelerle),Örnekler,Görüntülenen,DMG (%),DMG (%),Hasar,Hasar,Hasar S...

Welcome to Division 2 end-game (currently?)

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
You read through this spreadsheet/guide to know what talents and attributes can roll on which gear

And you compare attribute rolls with datamined charts like this to know how well an attribute has rolled

And you put in your weapon damage values in order to calculate how high your weapon damage has rolled
docs.google.com

TD2 Calculator (by Voeu)

td2 dgm calculator DMG CALCULATOR,YÜZDEBİRLİK HESAPLAYICI Silah,RPM,Şarjör,Dolum,DPS,DPM,Silah Hasarı,Bütün Silahlar,Tabancaya Özgü,Minimum,Maksimum,% mükemmel Examples,Hasarı,Boyutu,Süresi,(yeniden yükleme yok),(yeniden yüklemelerle),Örnekler,Görüntülenen,DMG (%),DMG (%),Hasar,Hasar,Hasar S...

Welcome to Division 2 end-game (currently?)
Thank you!

Would love if this were in-game somehow, but just knowing that the community has this around is also helpful.