• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So if I want to jump back in for the first time since the raid was launched, it's any time after the 3rd do I can gets used to all of the new systems when I do?
I think you can jump back whenever really, cause the content won't change but if you jump in after the 3rd you get to experience it all with the new gear system and RPG changes which might be more fun for you.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I think you can jump back whenever really, cause the content won't change but if you jump in after the 3rd you get to experience it all with the new gear system and RPG changes which might be more fun for you.
There have been changes since I left, what would be the point in spending time learning those with 2.0 so close?

Seems like wasted effort, but is there anything I'm missing or would be missing out on?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
There have been changes since I left, what would be the point in spending time learning those with 2.0 so close?

Seems like wasted effort, but is there anything I'm missing or would be missing out on?
You wouldn't miss anything, nothing is going away.
I was basically just saying that you could jump in right now and see the actual new CONTENT you haven't seen yet, but the RPG system would of course still be the old one.
I have no idea whether the systems of the game or the content is what is important for you,so I was merely stating the current situation.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so burned on the concept of "seasons" after Destiny 2.

As far as people wondering "what is there to do now??" or "why should I play before the 3rd??" Here's a short list of things you can do that will still count.

- Farm Exotics (Weapons + Armor)
- Farm all Blueprints (Projects + Level4 CPs)
- Max your mats
- Hoard Credits
- Collect all Hunter masks
- Complete all side missions / classified missions / SHD caches (for new skills)
edit : Also to max and unlock all Specs

Re-calibration will probably cost a lot more now since it's more powerful, makes sense to hoard credits and mats for those.

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The seasons in this seem very different from what Destiny does.
They are built around weekly targets and global events and just filling your season track doing whatever you want. They also each reward a new skill variant once you do the main manhunt.
They don't really seem like Destiny's seasons at all which are more trying to tell a large story bit by bit with weeks of nothing inbetween.
Like the Global Events if you opt into them are actually GLOBAL so they change the gameplay in every single activity. In Destiny you just get one matchmade activity that is new and that's basically it.

And the biggest difference: The seasons are free for anyone who owns the Expansion. In Destiny you need to buy each season.
Buying the "premium track" for a Division 2 season just gives you a premium track which gives you some extra loot and apparel but nothing exclusive. All of those items drop in the game or from apparel caches. So the premium track is totally optional while the season in Destiny 2 is mandatory if you want any actual new content.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
I went ahead and sent a Join request for Pink Roses. I just picked the game up recently on the amazing sale. I played the hell out of Division 1 on console but held off on this, for some reason.

I've been digging it a lot, so far. Glad I got the PC version.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
On that note, any openings on a PC clan? Right now i'm the only one carrying my clan ;p

The seasons in this seem very different from what Destiny does.
They are built around weekly targets and global events and just filling your season track doing whatever you want. They also each reward a new skill variant once you do the main manhunt.
They don't really seem like Destiny's seasons at all which are more trying to tell a large story bit by bit with weeks of nothing inbetween.
Like the Global Events if you opt into them are actually GLOBAL so they change the gameplay in every single activity. In Destiny you just get one matchmade activity that is new and that's basically it.

And the biggest difference: The seasons are free for anyone who owns the Expansion. In Destiny you need to buy each season.
Buying the "premium track" for a Division 2 season just gives you a premium track which gives you some extra loot and apparel but nothing exclusive. All of those items drop in the game or from apparel caches. So the premium track is totally optional while the season in Destiny 2 is mandatory if you want any actual new content.

Oh for sure, just saying Destiny promised a lot too and completely dropped the ball. So we'll see what happens.

Dec 28, 2017
I really love flamethrower and the dps over time. That chameleon still evades me and i need pyromaniac to settle the score in the dark zones. Agent out.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Here's the important info from today's State Of The Game (summary by BlooBuckaroo from Reddit)

PRIORITY ALERTS:
  • Twitch Drops - Due to the confusion about the drops and how to get them, all players that log in before March 3rd will receive the Twitch Drops.
  • PS4 Preorder Issue - They understand that it's not available right now, but they are working on fixing it.
  • Preorder Vanity Items - will be available for those that purchase the expansion before April 3rd.
  • #FindTommy - All Tommys have been found and the new weapon skin will be given to all with TU8 update on March 3rd.
  • Weird Walls - New physical walls have been discovered and will be fixed with TU8 update on March 3rd.
  • Stinger Hunter Outfit - It takes 24 hours for the outfit to appear in game. If you haven't received it after 24 hours, contact Ubisoft support.
  • Covert Black Hunter Outfit - Will be available in the store OR in can be earned playing in game thru opening Apparel Caches.

LEGENDARY DIFFICULTY - Level 40 only
  • May have apparel awards linked to completing Legendary Missions.
MISC.
  • The Eagle Barer - The new version of the raid will drop Eagle Barer 2.0
  • Roaming Hunters will be in both NY & DC.
  • DZ will have Level 30 and Level 40 Brackets - Level 30 will scale to Level 40, but loot will not scale. Also the buffs that bring a Level 30 player to Level 40 will be slightly less than a player playing at Level 40.
  • SHD Levels will be account wide, but you have to be Level 40 to contribute to those levels.
  • Dark Hours Raid - Level 30 players will be able to play with a Level 40 player in the Raid.
  • Still reasons to go back to DC after NY?
    • Seasons (to be discussed on the next SOTG)
    • Targeted Loot will be in either DC or NY.
    • Priority Mission and Projects will still target DC & NY.
  • No PTS for WoNY - Narrative driven campaign and they don't want spoilers.
Been leveling up my Firewall specialization and feel like there's a lot of new interest in the game - last month, anytime I joined a heroic mission, I was just steamrolling them. This week, been in a lot of groups that are just getting destroyed by the sniper dogs, drones and heavies. I assume that means a lot of players coming back, or just leveled up to WT5 for the first time.

Looks like all I have left to do is get one more weekly reset of the raid for my blueprints and I'll have everything I need for TU8. Stoked!

I really love flamethrower and the dps over time. That chameleon still evades me and i need pyromaniac to settle the score in the dark zones. Agent out.
Just got my chameleon this morning!
sbqEHrx.png

...if you're wondering, the best way to farm is just joining random bounties. Otherwise, if Assault Rifle is targeted loot, do the mission if it's short on Challenging or Heroic for most loot possible, and if it's an area, focus on the activities that level up control points, then take them over at level 4. I think you can also level to 4, kill the boss, then die from a rano enemy and keep farming the Control Point over and over?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cheers, I'm very curious. I only found options for brightness and HUD elements.
Ok so here are my settings, but note that they suit my TV and my tastes (high contrasts and dark darks) :
In Graphics :
- Brightness 10
- Contrasts 18
- Neutral lighting On
In Video :
- HDR peak 4000 (on most TVs 1000 is enough, on mine I have to put 4000 in every games that offer it)
- HUD HDR brightness 100

This way I get very dark dark areas and nights, and bright explosions, flames, lightnings, ...
The best is flamethrowers at night, so good!

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
So I biught and downloaded the game from Epic launcher. Then when I launched ithe game Epic took me to UPlay launcher. The "Play" button is grayed out and Uplay then started another 14 GB update download.

Is this normal ?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So I biught and downloaded the game from Epic launcher. Then when I launched ithe game Epic took me to UPlay launcher. The "Play" button is grayed out and Uplay then started another 14 GB update download.

Is this normal ?
I thought if you buy it on EGS you just own it on Uplay and don't even need to use EGS? but I am unsure

Also man I almost forgot how much I loved this game. Things feel so much smoother now too especially the use of skills and such has been sped up massively.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Personally, for Ubi games, I just use Uplay.

Just don't see a good reason in using EGS to buy Ubi games IMO

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I thought if you buy it on EGS you just own it on Uplay and don't even need to use EGS? but I am unsure

I guess UPlay check EGS installation directory ? I'm kinda confused on why I had to download another big patch. But the game do listed as installed in UPlay.

Personally, for Ubi games, I just use Uplay.

Just don't see a good reason in using EGS to buy Ubi games IMO

There aren't easy way to purchase Uplay games on my country :'(

Oct 31, 2017
Ok i must be doing something wrong. I go to the Quatermaster and my perks are locked (as in the icon has a lock on it).
I am lvl 4 and have unlocked the drone, also cleared the first mission and cleared the first checkpoint near the first settlement as well but for some reason my perks are still locks
On PS4 as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Is Kenly College just not accessible anymore?
It's a baffling design decision. I think it's up for a bit, then closes for three weeks. Presumably the devs thought it would be a great way to get people stoked once a month, re login, etc., but there's really no incentive to play through it more than once...

I could see them changing it come March 3rd, or maybe Seasons will be there way of admitting that the Expedition just wasn't a properly implementation of a similar idea.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
It's a baffling design decision. I think it's up for a bit, then closes for three weeks. Presumably the devs thought it would be a great way to get people stoked once a month, re login, etc., but there's really no incentive to play through it more than once...

I could see them changing it come March 3rd, or maybe Seasons will be there way of admitting that the Expedition just wasn't a properly implementation of a similar idea.

You've just made me think that completing Kenley college will be a global objective at some point and I'd sooner spoon my eyeballs out :)

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

Is this normal ?

Okay after some searching on Ubi forum, but apparently Epic Game Launcher version is outdated one, hence the 14GB download. Not sure if it's the same case if you download it from UPlay but if I had known in the first place that UPlay and EGS shares ownership I would download it from UPlay in the first place.

-_-

I hope the game could launch just fine. Stuff like this make me really nervous as someone who is new to PC Gaming....

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Besides the raid naturally, what other activities are there that require grouping up/mics to do properly? Or is that the only activity that absolutely requires coordination?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
A reddit poster scaled the three maps up to the same scale:
qnmhutwmk1i41.png

Division 1 was not a 1:1 recreation like Div2 and Warlords are, so that is the adjusted scale. As you can see, Division 2 is a huge game from just the regular overworld alone and Warlords is a really nice chunk of land for an expansion, especially with the expected amount of enterable buildings and verticality.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Besides the raid naturally, what other activities are there that require grouping up/mics to do properly? Or is that the only activity that absolutely requires coordination?
Just the raid right now, but with Legendary difficulty coming, probably that too. Division 1's Legendary missions benefitted from calling out rushers and medics (and those are returning with the new Black Tusk variants).

As it stands, all content up to and including 'Challenging' is easy to finish solo. Heroic missions don't really require communication, just competent play and decent builds.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just the raid right now, but with Legendary difficulty coming, probably that too. Division 1's Legendary missions benefitted from calling out rushers and medics (and those are returning with the new Black Tusk variants).

As it stands, all content up to and including 'Challenging' is easy to finish solo. Heroic missions don't really require communication, just competent play and decent builds.
Legendary difficulty from what I heard will also scale to group size

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Ok i must be doing something wrong. I go to the Quatermaster and my perks are locked (as in the icon has a lock on it).
I am lvl 4 and have unlocked the drone, also cleared the first mission and cleared the first checkpoint near the first settlement as well but for some reason my perks are still locks
On PS4 as well.

I can't remember, but I think there's a specific person you need to recruit before perks open up.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
A reddit poster scaled the three maps up to the same scale:
qnmhutwmk1i41.png

Division 1 was not a 1:1 recreation like Div2 and Warlords are, so that is the adjusted scale. As you can see, Division 2 is a huge game from just the regular overworld alone and Warlords is a really nice chunk of land for an expansion, especially with the expected amount of enterable buildings and verticality.

Like that, it looks slightly larger than the dz1-9 if rotated 45 degrees. Bigger than I expected.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Hmm not having much fun at WT1. Everything just seems harder for the sake of it. I play this game solo mainly so I guess I will just leave it there?
Maybe Firewall is not the right choice for me - it seems very situational

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Hmm not having much fun at WT1. Everything just seems harder for the sake of it. I play this game solo mainly so I guess I will just leave it there?
Maybe Firewall is not the right choice for me - it seems very situational
you unlock more content when you get to WT5. It's just "harder" cause you probably don't have the gear level for it yet.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Does the 20% off through the uplay points work for preorders? I'm located in Pakistan and use the international Ubi store.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Oh World Tier increase if you finish ONE stronghold. Okay that's a lot better. I thought you need to do all strongholds 4 times now.
Also getting the hang of the shield and flamethrower gameplay, but still not sure it fits my style as it's often no help for the heavy named enemies.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Oh World Tier increase if you finish ONE stronghold. Okay that's a lot better. I thought you need to do all strongholds 4 times now.
Also getting the hang of the shield and flamethrower gameplay, but still not sure it fits my style as it's often no help for the heavy named enemies.
Yeah, the pacing of 1-30 and then World Tier 1-5 is actually pretty well-handled, I thought.

re: shield - it's still good to level up - the devs have said that come March 3rd, blue and yellow stats will buff the strength of the shield, so it's possible that while it may be underwhelming now, fully leveled up and focused on, it could become a beast. There were some good shield builds towards the end of Div 1's lifecycle...

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I have decided this is my grindy game of choice for the near future so hoping to join an ERA PC clan - going to join the discord but feel free to shoot me information if anyone sees this!

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Yeah, the pacing of 1-30 and then World Tier 1-5 is actually pretty well-handled, I thought.

re: shield - it's still good to level up - the devs have said that come March 3rd, blue and yellow stats will buff the strength of the shield, so it's possible that while it may be underwhelming now, fully leveled up and focused on, it could become a beast. There were some good shield builds towards the end of Div 1's lifecycle...
Cool because right now I feel like I am giving up a defensive power if I use the shield as my second slot is always used for the health hive.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Just a PSA, confirming what we had assumed. Nemesis, Chatterbox, and Kendra's Liberty will all be craftable at Level 40 at launch, the other exotics wont' be, but *will* be upgradeable later. So hang onto your Exotics to lower the Exotic grind...

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
My work bench has been 500 for months now but last few days I have this annoying bug where it keeps asking me to upgrade and now I can't craft 500 gear.
Keeps reverting to the 440-490 range.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Finally able to play the game after running into multiple issue (CHARLIE3 EasyAntiCheat error, Uplay 0b/s download speed at the final 10 mb,etc). Managed to get to Wh with no issue so far, Heres hoping everything will be smooth from now on.

Probably won't commit fulltime yet as I still have to clear some backlog, but excited to go back to UbiMassive's open world.

On a side note, the character editor/model is a massive improvement over the first game. My asian dude now looks like Jet Li instead of Shrek.

Also I'm actually surprised I received reward from Div2 Beta and Div1 Shield reward despite playing them on PS4. I guess its tied to Ubi account lol.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Just played through all the invaded missions and stronghold solo and man, this game is just such a joy to play.
They really refined a lot about it, the skill usage,the movement, etc...
Everything feels so much smoother and quicker, you can really dash from cover to cover, flank enemies, use skills while on the run, etc...

REALLY glad to be back in this. It was one of my highlights with friends of 2019 and the expansion will cement it as one of the same for 2020.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
My work bench has been 500 for months now but last few days I have this annoying bug where it keeps asking me to upgrade and now I can't craft 500 gear.
Keeps reverting to the 440-490 range.
Truthfully, I don't know the answer. Might be worth a post on the Reddit? I know that this was an issue near launch, but I was pretty sure it was fixed. The only thing I can think of is to make sure you're playing solo and in your session so that you're actually at your base? I seem to remember having a minor panic when I saw a base without all my exotics on the wall/with low crafting possibilities, before realizing that because I joined another instance, and then they left, I was still technically in their base?

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Just did the Classified assignments involving the Marina, Mexican Embassy, and the Nightclub.

And I gotta say, they look fucking gorgeous as hell. Hell, the Nightclub looked great and even the puzzle for the trophy was neat

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Yes i used it for the expansion

I was going to respond to this saying that this is dependent on region (in Canada it tells me the code is not valid on pre-orders or recently released games), but it turns out Warlords doesn't count as either of those things and works totally fine despite those restrictions. So if anyone was worried like me about spending club points on a discount code that wouldn't actually work because of the aforementioned fine print, I guess don't be!

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody get the referral stuff to work? As a new recruit, how can I tell if it linked up correctly with my veteran friend?

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Noob question, what should I do with 'junk' loot ? Sell them ?

Also just did Grand Washington mission, and just like the beta it was awesome.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Noob question, what should I do with 'junk' loot ? Sell them ?

Also just did Grand Washington mission, and just like the beta it was awesome.
Level 1-30, sell. Don't be afraid to buy new gear as you go, credits come fast.

Endgame, make sure you deconstruct til maxed on resources then sell. Post March 3rd recalibration will be more expensive so resources and credits both useful!