• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I thought I was strong... I'm not, I pulled the trigger. So far I'm loving it, great presentation and plays great. I was afraid they wouldn't pull off a good atmosphere like they did with Division 1, but I'm surprised. The amount of level detail is impressive.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Man Im loving this game. The story is a bit dry. Wish they would lean into the sci-fi stuff a bit more. But otherwise, everything else has been great. Love how much stuff there is to do.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Reposting from this morning:

We currently have roster spots open on Era clans across all platforms:

Era Clans currently recruiting:
PC #4: tba *Currently recruiting*
XBox #1: "ERAgents" [ERA] *Currently recruiting*
XBox #2: ERAgents Prime [EAP] *Currently recruiting*
PS4 #4: "4th Division" [FDV] *Currently recruiting*
*please swing by discord and check in on the clan tabs if you're interested in a roster spot!

C'mon XBox Era, step up and fill those rosters up! Go buy the damn game with your super special and shiny XB1x's your always bragging about.

Also, as is the general rule with Era clans, friends/family (+1s) are welcome, just speak with the roster leader on how many roster spots you need and make sure you can personally vouch for their maturity/personality being something acceptable in an Era community.

Any questions on that policy, please feel free to DM, myself, deafmedal Ruthless, KCsoLucky, WesleyShark, etc

Thank you and let's fill up all these teams for a super healthy and active Era Division community.
Thanks for setting all this up. Keeping this post in mind if I bite the bullet and start playing soon. The looter bug is strong.

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Cool! Do you basically just pick the highest damage?
You shouldn't. RPM and capacity are huge factors. A marksmans rifle you have to scope that does 13k per shot is nice, but bolt action 54rpm and a 7 clip mag means you can be much more limited in terms of dps depending on your playstyle. Having a high rpm sub would almost be a mandatory secondary when you get rushed.

Meanwhile, a 4k semi auto rifle with a 20 clip mag and 300 rpm means you can afford to take riskier shots, like if they are on the move, and potentially kill more people before a reload if your less patient. A shotgun or LMG would be your go to secondary probably.

You can't just focus on that dps number because it can be a lie unless your ready to conform to that gun's archetype.

The tech skills you choose compliment that choice on top of it. You don't really need a flamethrower turret if your rocking an assualt rifle or LMG in case people get close. Meanwhile, if your always peaking out and emptying the full clip you would prioritize armor recovery where as a sniper would choose pulse so he doesn't get suprised and can be ready with his scope when an enemy peaks out.

So yeah, never just look at the raw dps. It matters a bit less when you have 3 other people shooting with you and can cover your flanks, which is where having different loadouts comes into play.
I'll just add to that: it really boils down to how good of a shot you are and your personal playstyle. For me, that 13k per shot bolt action marksman rifle with 7 bullets is about 4-5 one-to-two-shot kills given my aim. The bolt action allows me to do huge burst damage, popping out for merely a single second to kill someone and then going back into cover whereas I'd have to sit there exposed for much more time to fire off the equivalent amount of damage with an assault rifle (eg. a ~3k damage assault rifle of the same level would require 4-5 shots, and you might miss some from recoil or long range, so you really need 6-8 shots for equivalent damage). Another benefit of the high damage-low fire rate approach is that I only have to get a single skilled/lucky shot on a head or weakpoint to inflict devastating effects. Given recoil, it would be difficult to achieve the same consistent, critical damage with a more rapid fire weapon. I like to pair the bolt action rifle with a high damage shotgun for the same reasons: less exposure since I only need to fire one fatal shot instead of staying out of cover to fire several with recoil misses. I can do this because I generally don't miss very often. In contrast, if your aim isn't that good, it's much better for you to take a faster firing and reloading weapon.

Is there any benefit to giving supplies to control point leaders, other than the xp it gives?
NPCs will then focus on patrolling and taking on enemy units rather than scavenging for supplies.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Had a crazy bug playing co-op today. My teammate shot his shotgun and everyone heard the blast sound repeat forever. This game is fantastic but it has a lot of bugs on PS4 pro. Hope they fix them soon.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Anyone ever done the Best Buy 9pm releases? It's a 30 minute drive for me and I have a feeling no one at my local store will have a clue what's going on.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
You should go. One time I was the only person that preordered a game and I got it fast, with no hassle.

I haven't preordered yet and it says online that my store doesn't have it in stock, that's one reason I don't want to go. I figured they just set it out on the shelves before the store closes and it won't show up listed in store until tomorrow but driving an entire hour seems lame to come out with nothing.

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't preordered yet and it says online that my store doesn't have it in stock, that's one reason I don't want to go. I figured they just set it out on the shelves before the store closes and it won't show up listed in store until tomorrow but driving an entire hour seems lame to come out with nothing.

I'm pretty sure they don't put copies out at 9. I could be wrong tho. Call?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Had a crazy bug playing co-op today. My teammate shot his shotgun and everyone heard the blast sound repeat forever. This game is fantastic but it has a lot of bugs on PS4 pro. Hope they fix them soon.

Experienced my first bug: during a mission there was an invisible enemy. You could tell it was one of those druggies that go berserk and charge you from the sounds (screaming, etc). It would follow me around, and if I stood still, show that he was right next to me given the minimap danger circle around me.

The guy I was with stood next to me and dropped a grenade at his feet. It killed the invisible enemy and suicided him.

So if you guys experience the same, that's the way to do it.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does this have a darkzone equivalent? I liked that in the first.

Ignored pretty much everything about TD2 in preview.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Fuck this crashing bug during coop

on PS4? shit is ruining the game at the moment, i´ve had 7 crashes today, all in the black tusk missions.

that is what happens when games have "betas" 14 days before the game releases, much too short of a time to fix the real issues...the whole technical stuff drags the PS4Pro version severely down, from pop in to crashes. the game is really good but tech stuff is annoying, it is really unpolished and not really well optimized.

this is one of the games where i wish i still had a beefy PC tbh

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

There is a skill to increase the range and add a special visual effect showing off loot containers if they control points are well supplied. It's a god send. To add to that, you will be DROWNING in mats even at the max upgraded cap if you are always exploring so do not be skimpy. Max those meters out for the xp because you will fill up again quickly.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
33272144248_8b36c04041_o.png

Division Era discord link:
(If not immediately visable, post in the main thread first, then check)
Quote for Discord Link!
[Hidden content][Hidden content]
(emote the bot post to add your role <platform>)

ETA ~2 hours, 45 minutes for me. Hanging out in snowy NYC for one last boss run until then.

Edit: Quoting for Discord. Playing on PS4.

Last edited:

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Just did the blue "?" side mission. Holy fuck, that was both scary and awesome.

Please someone tell me there are more missions like it

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
There something going on with Xbox one x version as well. Runs fine for about an hour and gets all choppy. Resetting Xbox fixes it but only temporary. Aside from that and the ugly NPCs having good time so far.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
What about True Sons key? Thank you

Not sure, but I think key drops are related to the sector you are walking around it. Usually it's mainly one faction gunning around in each sector and I/we only managed to find/get keys in the sewers. But it could also be random what kind of keys you get in the sewers. They are in different locations in the sewers (key cabinet on the wall).

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Would someone be able to PM the invite to the Discord server? I can't seem to get the link to appear on mobile.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
You shouldn't. RPM and capacity are huge factors. A marksmans rifle you have to scope that does 13k per shot is nice, but bolt action 54rpm and a 7 clip mag means you can be much more limited in terms of dps depending on your playstyle. Having a high rpm sub would almost be a mandatory secondary when you get rushed.

Meanwhile, a 4k semi auto rifle with a 20 clip mag and 300 rpm means you can afford to take riskier shots, like if they are on the move, and potentially kill more people before a reload if your less patient. A shotgun or LMG would be your go to secondary probably.

You can't just focus on that dps number because it can be a lie unless your ready to conform to that gun's archetype.

The tech skills you choose compliment that choice on top of it. You don't really need a flamethrower turret if your rocking an assualt rifle or LMG in case people get close. Meanwhile, if your always peaking out and emptying the full clip you would prioritize armor recovery where as a sniper would choose pulse so he doesn't get suprised and can be ready with his scope when an enemy peaks out.

So yeah, never just look at the raw dps. It matters a bit less when you have 3 other people shooting with you and can cover your flanks, which is where having different loadouts comes into play.
Thanks! That's the input I was hoping for.
I haven't tried the flame turret - will it automatically fire at approaching enemies? It's says the operator needs to manually fire it?

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
I've been trying for a few hours and and haven't had the crash bug while using the drone.

Also, Y'all wish you had a bod like this.
07qpxsj3

jtar86

Nov 5, 2017
I swear this game is cursed. When D1 came out I was enjoying it and then my ex-wife told me she wanted a divorce. Now I'm loving D2, me and my sons are in the game room enjoying ourselves and a tornado hits literally 200 yards away and destroys the power lines. I'm lot meant to play this game lol.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Not sure, but I think key drops are related to the sector you are walking around it. Usually it's mainly one faction gunning around in each sector and I/we only managed to find/get keys in the sewers. But it could also be random what kind of keys you get in the sewers. They are in different locations in the sewers (key cabinet on the wall).
Will take a look underground then. Thank you

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Specifically doing matchmaking for a story mission and getting grouped with people across the map doing something unrelated is so fucking annoying