• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The odd thing is, I didn't have one single crash through both close and open betas. I was blown away when it happened this morning and continued to happen close to 8 times since after numerous attempts at various fixes.

Same here, think I had 1 crash bug the 1st week of anthem. Most of my issues with anthem came from missions not being able to progress. I've had more issues with Divison 2 in 1 day then I've had in anthem in 3 weeks. Sure anthem is in a bad place now but at least it's issues make you stronger, this game it just makes you dead.

Oct 25, 2017
A tiny bit veered OT but for those with AMD Rewards keys for the game: have those arrived? Mine still says "release date March 15th". Yet no key as of yet. Sigh.

shermas

Oct 25, 2017
They really are! The environments in the main missions are incredible and the side missions have all been pretty fun.

Yah, they've done a really nice job with the mission design... Even though the missions are mostly, 'go here, hide, shoot some guys and move on,' the environments and details and stories are great.

The unique environments afforded by using Washington DC really paid off... Pretty cool stuff.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
That first real mission was very cool. I was skeptical of The Division 2 moving out of atmospheric wintery New York but I love the spring and colors of DC.
Positive reinforcement overload (again, first mission):

D1u5gCMX0AUAp3E.jpg:large

I'm not even mad.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Hmm....weird. I just installed from disc and then went online to see it downloading that update. Is it trying to reinstall the whole game again??

I'm pretty sure it does have a gigantic day 1 patch. I read that it was a 90gb download on ps4, tried asking about it last night with no response though. Maybe someone else can inform us both

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm only about 15 hours in but this is like a 9/10 for me so far, I never expected to enjoy it this much even though I enjoyed Div1. Everything is just better, not massively so, but enough to make the entire package just really great.

I was running around minding my own business and I run into a yellow enemy with a fucking chainsaw, he whacks me once and it removes all my shield and half my health, so cool to find new mobs this far in.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Lol still no keys here. Probably next week if they're doing it like RE2 or DMC 5

A tiny bit veered OT but for those with AMD Rewards keys for the game: have those arrived? Mine still says "release date March 15th". Yet no key as of yet. Sigh.

Apparently all AMD keys have been pushed out of the queue so if you haven't received one yet it's an error and you should contact them.

So it sounds like the disc had next to nothing on it. Wish they would stop doing that kind of thing

It's pretty frustrating. No way I'll be playing this tonight but since it will be downloading this huge update I can't really play anything online. So awesome

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
Apparently all AMD keys have been pushed out of the queue so if you haven't received one yet it's an error and you should contact them.

It's pretty frustrating. No way I'll be playing this tonight but then since it will be downloading I can't really play anything online. So awesome
According to Reddit that's not true and they're gonna be working the weekend to push out keys. Dunno why it takes them so long when with Nvidia you get your keys in minutes.

Caleb187

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Colorado
I also haven't received my key. An AMD rep on the AMD subreddit says that there was an issue with the keys and apparently they are sending out a new wave of keys to affected customers, but that was 3 hours ago and nobody has gotten anything yet. It's a huge mess.

Oct 25, 2017
i´ve always reported here that the game has numerous issues but somehow, seems it is all dandy for many people or they don´t want to see it. this game is the same technical mess on the Pro that was the beta, nothing changed at all. these games need real betas long before release and not a demo beta that is meant as advertisement for the game. nothing can be fixed in such a short timeframe. basically they shipped a half broken product with the Pro version.

there is nothing understandable about it, if it can´t be displayed properly maybe tone down the litter on the screen. no one cares if there are 30 crap assets lying around or 75. tone it down, makes for a better game without pop in and texture streaming issues. Pro version looks really bad for a game late in the console generation. performance issues drags it down, optimization seems just bad. "terrific" this is not.

yep, exactly it is ridiculous reading about people "i have no problems" or people reporting in they are fine having played few hours. as soon as you reach the strongholds and black tusk missions this game is so prone to crashing...i must have had 15 crashes on my way to 450 if not more...

this game has numerous problems, crashing, technical issues, bugs, progression is halted at 450 because timegated endgame.

this game is yet another game rushed to release and needed more time in the oven, at least the Pro version is not up to the task of providing a rock stable performance.

The game runs like a dream on PC, I have not had a single crash. I have two days played, the only bugs that I have ran into was the skill bug with drones/turrets that got patched within a few hours.

Jan 10, 2018
I really like how the character controls in this game. It feels fluid to move in and out of cover, it's easy to aim around and it feels good to fire the weapon. Like, the character almost always does exactly what I want it to do.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
That first real mission was very cool. I was skeptical of The Division 2 moving out of atmospheric wintery New York but I love the spring and colors of DC.
Positive reinforcement overload (again, first mission):

D1u5gCMX0AUAp3E.jpg:large

I'm not even mad.
Wait till you do the museum or TV station. The mission variety is superb.

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I activated my AMD key about two weeks ago and received it yesterday. I guess I got lucky.

Wish I read this about an hour ago. Grabbed pulse as first skill and it's like not even picking up enemies right in front of me, lol.

I didn't know myself. I thought it's an auto unlock in the start of the game. The scan range is laughable and the cooldown is long and overall pointless.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I LOVED Division before patch 1.04, is this game in any way similar to Division's glory days? I didn't enjoy the beta so I didn't pick it up on release.

Oct 27, 2017
I run turret (assault or flames) and Chem Launcher with heals, I have no problem soloing at all, but I do everything there is to do in every zone before moving on, so usually I'm one or two levels above the missions.

Oct 25, 2017
I also haven't received my key. An AMD rep on the AMD subreddit says that there was an issue with the keys and apparently they are sending out a new wave of keys to affected customers, but that was 3 hours ago and nobody has gotten anything yet. It's a huge mess.

Good to know I'm not alone. Thanks to all that really responded. It's what I get for being cheap and buying it off a reset era peep instead of paying retail.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Coop question: I'm sure I read this in this very thread somewhere and forgot, but what type of content doesn't count as completed for every group member once returned to their own hub? Only control points?