• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
PS4 Crashing question:

Anyone elses game crashing on PS4 Pro? Like, it happened twice, and on a main mission only. It'll crash to a blue screen, then it'll hang for 20 seconds. Then complete the crash report, and I have to restart the division. When I do, 2 other people have crashed as well when I get back into the mission.

Happened 2 seperate times with 2 completely different groups.

I can't tell if I'm causing it somehow? I'm not the group leader.

I recently got a Western digital external SSD. Would that be causing it?

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Finally got in. I actually can't believe how bad the female character model's faces look.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Infuriating. Leave it to fucking Ubisoft.

I don't get why are people so hung up on not being able to play story missions on hard for the first time while leveling.
If you want challenge while leveling, there's tons of challenging content. Play the story missions when you're two levels below recommended if you want them to be hard. Play the side missions that are always on your level and can be pretty hard from lvl 15 onwards.

If that somehow doesn't satisfy you, there's a whole endgame awaiting you where you can have so much challenge it will make you sick.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Two questions...

1-Is there a way to disable the calls for help? I have set my party to private but I'm still getting them?
2-Are the masks only used in the Dark Zone or do the stats still count when you are out in the city?

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Two questions...

1-Is there a way to disable the calls for help? I have set my party to private but I'm still getting them?
2-Are the masks only used in the Dark Zone or do the stats still count when you are out in the city?
1. Settings -> Gameplay -> all the way at the bottom -> On Call Status -> Off

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Two questions...

2 - mask stats count everywhere, but you only see it visually equipped in the contaminated places (like DZ)

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Two questions...

For 1: go into your map, go to the SHD tab (the one with the ! sign) and at the bottom left it tells you the button to hold to disable/enable on call.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Couple questions:

Is there any reason to go to your death location? Do you drop anything when you die?

And, is there any indication on the map or otherwise that you have found all the resources at a resource spot?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I have a legendary holster with "reload a weapon from empty reloads all weapons" talent on it.

Can I transfer this to a higher holster via the recalibration station?

I have a higher Holster that doesn't have a talent and it won't let me select the legendary item to consume to transfer it.

Does it have to be an item that already as a talent on it?
Quoting for new page.

Does anyone know the answer to this please?

SavoryTruffle

Oct 31, 2017
I don't get why are people so hung up on not being able to play story missions on hard for the first time while leveling.

The story missions are the primary reason why some people want to play this game. They were the only form of content I enjoyed in the first game.

You can't just replace one form of content with another. Side missions and endgame content are side missions and endgame content.

The game can still be good if those other forms of content are good. But even if this ends up being the greatest game of all time, locking a slightly harder than trivial version of a game's main fucking missions behind a trivial version will never not be an absolutely fucking massive deal to the people looking forward to it.

It's not like this is some Ninja Gaiden deal where normal difficulty would effectively be necessary for almost every player anyway.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Weird night of play. Had the game crash and at times, whenever I start up the game, it will not stay in full screen mode. Always goes windowed.

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
Game looks spectacular on YouTube recordings in 4k. Bought it just now on PS4 pro and starting at 3 hour download time.

Getting ready to play tonight. If anyone wants to busdy up my user ID is I_C_PEE1

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Hyena & Outcast strongholds complete - will break into WT1 tomorrow.

Why do I have the feeling the game has only just begun?

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Don't know if it's just my PS4 Slim, but ever since I began playing The Division 2
  • I've had at least one or two hard crashes
  • First one being The Division 2 freaking out, going to cancel the app, getting stuck at 0% and never sending so I turned off my console. The console itself didn't load and was stuck at a blue loading screen the wave thing moving, so I had to hard reset my console.
  • Anyone else feel like The Division 2 might be affecting their consoles?

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Can others on PC check their install folder and tell me the approx size? Mine is 54.5GB and that's after I downloaded a 10GB update.

Finally had the game validate some corrupt files and then got hit with a huge update. I was only 45 before and I'm wondering if that was the main cause for my issues all day even though I validated 3 different times. Just finally had a solid hour session with ZERO crashes! Finally finished my first main mission.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Can others on PC check their install folder and tell me the approx size? Mine is 54.5GB and that's after I downloaded a 10GB update.

Finally had the game validate some corrupt files and then got hit with a huge update. I was only 45 before and I'm wondering if that was the main cause for my issues all day even though I validated 3 different times. Just finally had a solid hour session with ZERO crashes! Finally finished my first main mission.

43.6 GB

Hmm...

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

43.6 GB

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Mine is 43.6gb too, and I also validated about an hour ago. Once I ran the validation it lasted an hour before it crashed rather than 10 mins, however its back to about 10 now.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
So it looks like it's other region files in the hunter folder, files ending with RU, ES, FR, IT, MX, BR, JP, SA. They all account for the close to 11GB of extra data. WTF, I didn't tell it to do anything regarding updating languages or whatever those are for.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wasnt going to play more tonight but I did this random Blue ? mission and it was really neat. Basically I think I encountered one of the Hunters, or whatever theyre called lol.

How do I unlock or craft a larger magazine for SMGs?

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
I have a legendary holster with "reload a weapon from empty reloads all weapons" talent on it.

Can I transfer this to a higher holster via the recalibration station?

I have a higher Holster that doesn't have a talent and it won't let me select the legendary item to consume to transfer it.

Does it have to be an item that already as a talent on it?
I think so. It needs to be the same type. Holster. And it needs the skit to put it in. So yeah yellow items have that skill type slot so purple and below probably wont work