• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Level 18 and loving it so far. The game is gorgeous and the environments in the missions are amazing. Way better than the rather bland designs in the first game. Plan to get to level 30 today so I can start grinding the endgame. I haven't experienced any significant bugs on my end with the game so far, but I am on PC and it seems like a lot of the bug issues seem to be happening on consoles from what I've been reading. Hopefully they can get them fixed soon because it sucks when you can't play a game because of bug issues.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't know how people can be 30 / WT4 so fast. I can understand the dev frustration about content drought as those people are usually very vocal in the media.

Otherwise :

- I'm really disappointed by how the guns sound (especially the shotguns). Very weak. I wish there were an option like Anthem to amp up this, but I hear it may be a bug ?
- I had much less drone / turrets problems since lats patch, but it still happened a few times...
- No crash since the patch, but I didn't do any Stronghold yet.
- When choosing full caption for subtitles, it doesn't save this setting.
- Many bugs in some control missions with underground levels, enemies / allies not appearing and funny stuff... Same things for NPC missing bug in Theater.
- The matchmaking stuff is convoluted and needs much work, especially for people to start together at the beginning of missions / side mission.
- Many QoL things are not explained in game and people who didn't play the first one (like me) have to rely on the internet to clarify some stuff.

Still the best Shlooter launch I experienced in term of content and some very smart design decisions. The free roaming is phenomenal, side missions are very good.

I can understand it will be rough for a few weeks in term of patch / maintenance, compared all the other games of the genre I played (Destiny 1 & 2, Warframe, Anthem), the complexity and weight of the product at launch is mindblowing. No problems at this scale would be a miracle.

Good job, Ubi.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
before the maintenance i was levelling DZ rank, i never can go rogue when using the touchpad on PS4 version, does anyone know what is up with this? i can only go rogue when hacking the protocol, when using the touchpad nothing happens...

I really don't know how people can be 30 / WT4 so fast. I can understand the dev frustration about content drought as those people are usually very vocal in the media.

well, because some people just play fast and have time on their hands? you can conquer world tier 1-4 in one long evening...and the level phase is also fast because you get too much XP for anything. locking the last world tier with "date unknown" is shit, no excuse for that. btw are many people 450 gearscore now that own the gold edition. many from my friendlist are 450 and that are people who aren´t on vacation like me at the moment.

wait till after the weekend how many people will be 30/WT4 by monday evening-if they don´t take the servers down too often that is...

The universe doesn't conspire against you, you and other agents may feel like this, but it will soon pass.
Wnj0vHu.jpg

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
After playing for about 20 hours total now I have to say it's quite a good game, the gameplay feels more refreshed from the 1st one and the lack of snow, although personally I'd love to see it, the world itself is still quite well designed and the great use of lighting and fog/rain makes the world feel very different at times.

One of the things I have noticed and feel like it's lacking compared to the first game is the utter lack of civilians. I mean that added a lot of ambience to the first one, out exploring and coming across just random people wandering around, sometimes they'd ask you for something and if you helped them they'd give you a reward occasionally.

Now it seems that is 0 civilians. Just enemies that roam the streets and your people, it feels like a step down in that regard, I wish they still have random civilians scattered around the world going about their lives and even amped it up and let them offer you side missions and things.

The wildlife is a step up though, I've saw deer, foxes, racoons, rats, dogs, etc and they behave quite realistically, running and darting away from you, the little foxes even go up under vehicles to hide. I wish we could pet the dogs though, or even befriend one and have it travel with you, that'd be neat. Heck they could even use that kind of thing for more things to buy. Have a dog companion and then have little outfits and items for them lol.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
One of the things I have noticed and feel like it's lacking compared to the first game is the utter lack of civilians. I mean that added a lot of ambience to the first one, out exploring and coming across just random people wandering around, sometimes they'd ask you for something and if you helped them they'd give you a reward occasionally.

Now it seems that is 0 civilians. Just enemies that roam the streets and your people, it feels like a step down in that regard, I wish they still have random civilians scattered around the world going about their lives and even amped it up and let them offer you side missions and things.

Idea is that Washington DC is basically in open warfare as factions battle over who has dominance. JTF and Division never were to step on factions and force them into their corners as factions stepped on them hard, obliterating them from within Washington DC. Opposite happened in e.g. NYC so civies were more free to move around within city and go about their days.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
Perhaps I'm missing something, but I only downloaded the initial 42gb and never got a prompt for a Day 1 patch. Was it downloading in the background?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Its amazing how much a difference downsampling can make. Im playing on a 1080p screen downsampled from 1440p with 10 sharpness and damn...the game looks hell of a lot better

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
Who on pc is playing with a controller ?

I change sometimes to keyboard and mouse. For this Friday and controller feels so much better but mouse more accurate.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
After playing for about 20 hours total now I have to say it's quite a good game, the gameplay feels more refreshed from the 1st one and the lack of snow, although personally I'd love to see it, the world itself is still quite well designed and the great use of lighting and fog/rain makes the world feel very different at times.
Third free expansion is called Winter, so perhaps we'll see snow eventually.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man, played until well passed dawn last night. No technical issues to report thankfully. Just the third mission before going to bed.

yeah lol, that was part of the reason i opted for the 3 days early version. i also have vacation at the moment so i had time to play. was really looking forward to the endgame grind only to be met with a "coming soon" banner.

That's lucky. I had to make a choice and now Sekiro will probably have to wait a while. Haven't had a Tom Clancy fix in ages though so I think (hope) it was the right call.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Does this game not have any clothes that drops or that I can get without buying it with real money? I I played 5h and got nothing.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair most people won't consume the game quite like you did. I've been playing 5-6 hours a day since early release which is pushing it and I just got through maybe the first half of tier 1 with friends. I don't think game development cycles around people being literally at the endgame on day 2 of launch and it's a bit unrealistic to expect them to cater to that very small minority.

Games will never be able to please people who no life, poop-sock their way straight to the end. People can bitch and moan about it all they want but that will never change. Add to that, they told us well ahead of time that WT5 would be coming sometime after release. It was no mystery. People who are sitting at cap with "nothing to do", which is a joke btw because the game doesn't delete itself when you hit 450 GS, have only themselves to blame.

maintenance one day after official release. yesterday they keep doing server resets too, what the hell is this.

It's called a live service game that just launched. Good companies patch frequently, bad ones will make you wait weeks at a time. Be thankful they are fixing things quickly.

Does this game not have any clothes that drops or that I can get without buying it with real money? I I played 5h and got nothing.

All of the cosmetics in the game can be gotten through playing. I've gotten about 50 items so far. It's less than the first game, but there is still a bunch out there.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone been getting a lot of "your connection to the server is poor" messages with a lot of lag? I've been getting a lot of this on PC.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How can I have nothing after 5h? How did you get them?

I started off slow also, but then I started getting more and more as I leveled up (16 atm), through drops and chest rewards, but mostly through looting out in the world. You can't walk 5 feet without running into a loot chest, open them all and explore and you'll start seeing them.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Games will never be able to please people who no life, poop-sock their way straight to the end. People can bitch and moan about it all they want but that will never change. Add to that, they told us well ahead of time that WT5 would be coming sometime after release. It was no mystery. People who are sitting at cap with "nothing to do", which is a joke btw because the game doesn't delete itself when you hit 450 GS, have only themselves to blame.

i never understood this. even with the first division where endgame was relatively barebones at first

like, there are other games to play

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
After verifying the new patch my console went black screen. Can't even quit from the game or go home...