• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
gearscore 440 now lol....yeah i think i am fine with Sekiro next week, final stronghold Tidal Basin is not there at the moment and the technical stuff is getting on my nerves, this game needed more time in the oven for sure, crashing is rampant now on PS4Pro and the performance is sometimes headache inducing

I guess i was somewhat right in the Beta thread where i already predicted that the game will be coming in very hot, exactly this happened and it really sucks because the game itself is super fun and solid but technical wise it is a mess...i even had NPCs spazzing out in the White House, looked scary, their bodies were all twisted and glitching around..

there is also a new bug where i can´t use my skill, it will hang and i can´t shoot for 10 seconds which is a disaster in tight situations

edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...re_my_skills_turning_off_and_triggering_a_15/
1,7k upvotes, whew

Last edited:

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Hm weird the game has been running flawlessly for me on PC so far. Except for one T-pose guy that floated 20 feet in the air.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how to make the game stop trying to force PlayStation prompts in PC whilst using input mapper?

If it's flip flopping that means your computer currently thinks it has two controllers, the dualshock and 360. There's an option to it that should be something like Force Exclusive Mode (I use DS4 Windows so the option might be named differently), that forces games that have native support to stop trying to read both controllers at once.

Often you need to close programs for that option to work (Uplay in particular seems to cause me a lot of issues with it) before hand.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Man I am loving this game but the bugs are worse than Anthem. I am not joking. I have 40 hours in Anthem and only had a few bugs. With only 5 hours in Division 2 have had a host of bugs and odd things. Today's new issue, started a new character to play with my wife. Got to Level 4 and all of sudden when to the menu and all my gear has massive stats. My Level 3 back pack was showing 12.5k Armor. Basically all my Armor items where showing 12.5k armor. My Health was showing as 11k, total armor was 112k. All guns I picked up were showing over 10k damage.

I then got bug where when I tried to throw my seeking grenade, it would not throw it. I then could not select my gun. The fix was to hit the menu, back out and then I could use my guns. Trying to use the seeking grenade would be hit or miss after where at times it would no throw and not allow me to select my guns. Going to the menu and back out fixed it. Still have the occasional audio bug where it drops to low levels even out of battle.

Really enjoying the game, but they really should of held it back a little to fix these issues. I have my game on a SSD and have really no issues with texture streaming or stuff loading in, but on my wife's X where it is on the internal drive, I do notice when we loaded in that textures were a little delayed loading in. I know PS4 owners that also have this issue. Hope they fix this stuff soon. Game is great and it is one of the very few games my wife plays and we were loving it.

The first thing is not a bug. You must have pressed the button to show normalized stats (the option is shown at the bottom of the inventory menu).

That being said, I'm sorry you have encountered bugs, but this thing is in no way as bugged as Anthem - in my 30 hours, I encountered two minor bugs, neither of which was gamebreaking.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like disabling fullscreen optimizations on the .exe has fixed crashes for most PC-gamers using DX12. Might look into that if you're on PC.

Arkaine

Oct 30, 2017
For anyone who got Division 2 with an AMD product; did you receive your key? I'm still waiting for it.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
That first stronghold was fun and challenging. Can't slack in there when you're of-level. Thanks fellow Third Echelon's. Got five yellows.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
Hm weird the game has been running flawlessly for me on PC so far. Except for one T-pose guy that floated 20 feet in the air.
Nearly the same on my end. 75% of 4k, all high settings, and HDR on my 7700k/GTX 1080 ti build.

Only 2 crashes to desktop but none since I figured out that MSI afterburner was causing the crashes. I've never dropped below 60 fps in battle yet (only drops to 30 fps for fast traveling).

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
keep dying to a big dude with a flamethrower in a mission

impossible for me to even survive 1 sec
I know which mission. Here's a tip, wipe the mobs and then go rounds on him while there's cover in the middle. He won't be able to hit while you'll be able to hit him. I made him go rounds on me while there's was an object in the middle. His flames keeps hitting the object while I was shredding the hell out of him.

Edit: And yeah, don't go rounds on him while being in cover. It'll slow you down

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Started playing a bit today. Feels great to go back, crisp controls (had to lower aim sensitivity a bit though) and the game looks good graphically although performance on the ps4 pro seems a bit off indeed. Not much time to play this coming week so hopefully Ubisoft will fix this good and proper by the time I resume.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
I played several hours today with zero issues. Tonight I got on and I have this bug, which let me tell you, makes soloing very frustrating. I usually run with a turret and turret drone so this was just awful.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/2013107-Turret-and-Drone-keep-randomly-disappearing-Forums

Put turret down, watch it despawn, wtf? 10 sec cooldown. Put turret down again, watch it despawn. Try the drone. Oh, it despawned instantly. Yay.

I have had this, I wondered what was going on, same with my Hive but not as bad.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've also had my first ability-related bugs tonight. I toss my Hive, it lands, nothing happens. Several seconds later it's back in my inventory with a really short cooldown. I toss it again and it works.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yeah a lot of the deployable skills are suddenly not working properly anymore.
I believe it might have something to do with the servers and sync issues.
The game seems to believe the skills are clipping into the environment and so it "refunds" them to you at a low cooldown

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
you might not have found a decent one.
They absolutely shred at their intended range and they also stun/interrupt enemies very easily.
I used them a ton so far and have never been let down

Yea a shotgun with really high damage, semi auto, mag of 5, is a great 2nd slotter for stopping close enemies. Staggers them and rips the armor right off them.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Just put in five hours so I could get clans unlocked so I could join one of the Era ones.

I feel like either I am absolutely terrible at this game, I'm severely underleveled, or this game is absolutely not meant to be played solo. In the mission that unlocks Grace (which, by the way, I had to read a guide to find out, they don't make it obvious what main mission you need to do), at pretty much every stage I had to die 10-20 times before I found the winning combination required to get me through the section by the skin of my teeth. If I didn't have that pre-order shotgun that magically puts out 2.1k damage and has a shockingly precise spread, I might've just quit the game in frustration before finishing it. Too many enemies, multiple monster-closet waves, and too much flanking for one person to take without a lot of cheese at points. I might just matchmake for the rest of my time because dear god, I never want to go through any of that again.

I did the mission at level 6 and had mostly level 5/6 weapons. The ones that worked best for me were an LMG and a G51(?) assault rifle, as well as that shotgun. But all three had their issues.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yea a shotgun with really high damage, semi auto, mag of 5, is a great 2nd slotter for stopping close enemies. Staggers them and rips the armor right off them.
Shotguns are also REALLY accurate when fired "from the hip" in cover. So you can get rid of rushers without exposing yourself

Just put in five hours so I could get clans unlocked so I could join one of the Era ones.

I feel like either I am absolutely terrible at this game, I'm severely underleveled, or this game is absolutely not meant to be played solo. In the mission that unlocks Grace (which, by the way, I had to read a guide to find out, they don't make it obvious what main mission you need to do), at pretty much every stage I had to die 10-20 times before I found the winning combination required to get me through the section by the skin of my teeth. If I didn't have that pre-order shotgun that magically puts out 2.1k damage and has a shockingly precise spread, I might've just quit the game in frustration before finishing it. I might just matchmake for the rest of my time because dear god, I never want to go through any of that again.

I did the mission at level 6 and had mostly level 5/6 weapons. The ones that worked best for me were an LMG and a G51(?) assault rifle, as well as that shotgun. But all three had their issues.

There is no one mission that unlocks someone. Any mission for that settlement will unlock the next tier for that settlement and that is what unlocks the people. The missions are just ordered by the level they require. if you leveled up outside of them, you can technically do them in almost any order.

And the game is totally, properly soloable. I have been playing a huge amount of it solo and it's no real problem. I don't even remember the last time I was killed really.
Just play it safe, use the healing chem launcher to help you out and approach tactically. Also don't be afraid to fall back and funnel enemies a bit.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
My game just finished downloading, but something feels wrong playing this game in the light of the terrible shit that went down during the last 24 hours :(

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
you might not have found a decent one.
They absolutely shred at their intended range and they also stun/interrupt enemies very easily.
I used them a ton so far and have never been let down

I'm just mainly using the Lullaby. I'm more talking about how they "feel", not their effectiveness. They just don't have satisfying feedback or sound design I feel.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
There is no one mission that unlocks someone. Any mission for that settlement will unlock the next tier for that settlement and that is what unlocks the people. The missions are just ordered by the level they require. if you leveled up outside of them, you can technically do them in almost any order.

And the game is totally, properly soloable. I have been playing a huge amount of it solo and it's no real problem. I don't even remember the last time I was killed really.
Just play it safe, use the healing chem launcher to help you out and approach tactically. Also don't be afraid to fall back and funnel enemies a bit.

I'm pretty sure this is wrong. I had the Theater settlement at 1/2 missions to unlock Grace, then did the Jefferson Trade Center mission, then went back to the Theatre to discover zero progress had been made.

And I dunno what to tell you, man. Both the Jefferson and the media center destroyed me. At least with the Jefferson mission I figured it was because I tried to tackle it at level 3 and the zone is level 4-8. But I should've been leveled sufficiently for the media center. The last stage of it basically requires you to kill enemies fast, because you need to take out the EMP jammers within a certain time limit. Other encounters provide little cover and no real way to funnel (the second floor of the production center, where the whole encounter takes place on a corridor ring that always provides two approaches for your enemies is an example). I have the healing chem launcher and it helps, but it only heals a third of my armor and that armor can disappear in the blink of an eye.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm pretty sure this is wrong. I had the Theater settlement at 1/2 missions to unlock Grace, then did the Jefferson Trade Center mission, then went back to the Theatre to discover zero progress had been made.

And I dunno what to tell you, man. Both the Jefferson and the media center destroyed me. At least with the Jefferson mission I figured it was because I tried to tackle it at level 3 and the zone is level 4-8. But I should've been leveled sufficiently for the media center. The last stage of it basically requires you to kill enemies fast, because you need to take out the EMP jammers within a certain time limit. Other encounters provide little cover and no real way to funnel (the second floor of the production center, where the whole encounter takes place on a corridor ring that always provides two approaches for your enemies is an example). I have the healing chem launcher and it helps, but it only heals a third of my armor and that armor can disappear in the blink of an eye.
The jefferson mission is NOT a settlement mission. it's the mission that upgrades your BOO
And yeah if you are lvl 3 right now,you are severely underleveled. I did those missions at like lvl 6 or so

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Is it just me or do shotguns stink?

I'm still using the pre order one at lv 9....

It does 2.1k dmg.

The thing is they are good for close range, not long range. I run with a rifle to engage at med/long range, switch to the shottie for close and it takes one-two hits tops within that range, more dmg then any other weapon type for that distance.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
The jefferson mission is NOT a settlement mission. it's the mission that upgrades your BOO
And yeah if you are lvl 3 right now,you are severely underleveled. I did those missions at like lvl 6 or so

I didn't even know there was a difference, tbh. They both said "Main Mission" and the people in the Discord mentioned you needed to do two main missions to unlock clans.

The media center I did at level 6. The only main mission I did at level 3 was the Jefferson.

Maybe I'll feel better about all this after a good night's sleep. I do like the shooting and whatnot, I just wish it didn't destroy my will to live. Even an option to quit the mission or re-join with matchmaking would've been good, instead of just "do it again, or do it again and cry for help and get none."

Oct 27, 2017
Made it to Level 29 tonight/this morning and cleared the first two Strongholds...on to 30 and the last Stronghold later today. Then the fun begins...

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I didn't even know there was a difference, tbh. They both said "Main Mission" and the people in the Discord mentioned you needed to do two main missions to unlock clans.

The media center I did at level 6.
if you hover over a main mission it will tell you in the info on the left what it gives you. Either a settlement upgrade or a BOO upgrade.
The ones that give BOO upgrades give you shade tech and have the division logo on them, then ones that upgrade settlements usually give you skill unlock points and have the skill point icon on it

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
if you hover over a main mission it will tell you in the info on the left what it gives you. Either a settlement upgrade or a BOO upgrade.
The ones that give BOO upgrades give you shade tech and have the division logo on them, then ones that upgrade settlements usually give you skill unlock points and have the skill point icon on it

I'll keep that in mind for next time. I wasn't sure if maybe the missions I had to do were the settlement-specific side missions, so I'd tried one of those as well. I guess next time I'll read the mission descriptions closer, I did glance at them but mostly to see what loot they offered.

Thanks for the tips!

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm still using the pre order one at lv 9....

It does 2.1k dmg.

The thing is they are good for close range, not long range. I run with a rifle to engage at med/long range, switch to the shottie for close and it takes one-two hits tops within that range, more dmg then any other weapon type for that distance.

I like the Lullaby's aesthetics, too bad you have to wait till level 30 to upgrade it. I imagine it will become obsolete pretty quick past level 10.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
This game is phenomenal. I love the sense of progression, how it seems like you're always upgrading your character and unlocking cool stuff. Only played around two hours but I'm so excited to jump back in later. :D

Dusker

Jul 6, 2018
I've clocked around 18 hours so far and the whole experience has been flawless (PC).

I'm currently doing the early game / story missions solo but would love to join one of the PC Clans for the endgame fun.